• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 — Rides of the Dark Future

EDMIX

Gonna be the game that GTA V and RDR2 should have been in terms of quality.

You mean the game that actually allows you to swap from 3rd to first person on the fly at anytime?

1e2.gif

You mean the game where you actually can ride the trains around the whole map? You know...they thing you could do in GTA 3 that released in 2001? That feature that Cyberpunk 2077 removed....

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't know If I'd go as far as to start taking shots at Rockstar when many fucking features are removed, cut, altered or don't even exist in Cyberpunk 2077 that exist in Red Dead 2.

Talk to me when they meet GTA 3 in terms of features, then we can say something is going on here, but I don't know if I'm willing to go THAT FAR to shit talk Rockstar, on a game that doesn't even have some base GTA features....

Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem Agreed, you and me both.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gonna be the game that GTA V and RDR2 should have been in terms of quality.
Quality and scope are the only things where those games shine, there is no other game with more care for details than rdr2 (even stuff like tlou2 is frankly not even close) and i'm ready to bet my avatar that IN SOME aspects, that game is gonna kick cyberpunk ass and most nextgen games until gta6 will come out, too much manpower, budget and development time was poured into that title.

I'm more worried about cyberpunk having the shitty gameplay that rockstar games have, especially when it comes to combat.

Good combat and missions design is where cyberpunk has the chance to fuck rdr2 in the ass for game of the generation title.

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
You mean the game that actually allows you to swap from 3rd to first person on the fly at anytime?

1e2.gif

You mean the game where you actually can ride the trains around the whole map? You know...they thing you could do in GTA 3 that released in 2001? That feature that Cyberpunk 2077 removed....

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't know If I'd go as far as to start taking shots at Rockstar when many fucking features are removed, cut, altered or don't even exist in Cyberpunk 2077 that exist in Red Dead 2.

Talk to me when they meet GTA 3 in terms of features, then we can say something is going on here, but I don't know if I'm willing to go THAT FAR to shit talk Rockstar, on a game that doesn't even have some base GTA features....

Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem Agreed, you and me both.
I'll take as many shots against R* as I desire because the gameplay and mission design in their games is absolutely dog shit and has been for ten years. I hope they can sort their shit out and deliver a game in which the quality of the gameplay (fun moment to moment gameplay, mechanics, mission design) is in the same league as the quality of their storytelling. It's pointless bringing up GTA 3 - that's one of the best games ever made (TOP 5 for me). Very few games have attained that level of greatness. Certainly R* have failed in every attempt.

Last edited:

EDMIX

I'll take as many shots against R* as I desire because the gameplay and mission design in their games is absolutely dog shit and has been for ten years. I hope they can sort their shit out and deliver a game in which the quality of the gameplay (fun moment to moment gameplay, mechanics, mission design) is in the same league as the quality of their storytelling. It's pointless bringing up GTA 3 - that's one of the best games ever made (TOP 5 for me). Very few games have attained that level of greatness. Certainly R* have failed in every attempt.

I greatly disagree. Talking about shit gameplay? Like Witcher 3?

Red Dead Redemption 2 controls are just as bad as CDPR's titles , they cancel each other out on that one. So when it comes to quality and actual world building features? Rockstar has them beat by default of many, many features not even existing in Cyberpunk or even Witcher for that matter.

Aka a game where you can literally walk into someone's home and ROB THEM and they continue to stare at you like they are dumb, deaf and blind and keep repeating the same lines over and over. Rob someone in Red Dead and you are being chased down with a bounty. By default, MOST titles have better and smarter NPCs then what I've seen CDPR do.

So failed at every attempt is just a massive exaggeration.

Quality and scope are the only things where those games shine, there is not other game with more care for details than rdr2 (like not even close) and i'm ready to bet my avatar that for certain aspects, that game is gonna kick cyberpunk ass and most nextgen games until gta6 will come out, too much manpower, budget and development time was poured into that title.

I'm more worried about cyberpunk having the shitty gameplay that rockstar games have, especially when it comes to combat.

Good combat and missions design is where cyberpunk has the chance to fuck rdr2 in the ass for game of the generation title.

This 100%.

By default they just won't have the same world design based on so many removed features, but the missions and combat is where they can set themselves apart.

R6Rider

Gold Member
By default they just won't have the same world design based on so many removed features, but the missions and combat is where they can set themselves apart.

This doesn't even make any sense. They have removed some features, but you're making the assumption that the rest of the game doesn't matter in terms of features?

I can already tell from the videos that CP2077 will have actual player choices for an open world game, especially when it comes to in mission choices given to the player.

ZywyPL

Banned
Damn, such a shame this game will be completely overshadowed by Bugsnax, it's like TF2 situation all over again... But anyway, I feel like CP2077 is the next-gen GTA, basically the same formula, but everything from graphics, physics, animations, 1st and 3rd person gameplay, driving physics etc. all are a class of their own, it's like you took different genres with top-tier AAA quality and put them nicely together, this is so fucking good.

GymWolf

Damn, such a shame this game will be completely overshadowed by Bugsnax, it's like TF2 situation all over again... But anyway, I feel like CP2077 is the next-gen GTA, basically the same formula, but everything from graphics, physics, animations, 1st and 3rd person gameplay, driving physics etc. all are a class of their own, it's like you took different genres with top-tier AAA quality and put them nicely together, this is so fucking good.
Not sure about those 3, especially animations, it's pretty difficult to beat euphoria engine in terms of animations, character in cyberpunk look clunkier when they interact with the scenery and hit reaction\dead animation\ragdoll look much better in rdr2, cyberpunk shooting looks stiff.

What kind of advanced physics did you saw in cyberpunk? some breakable wall in specific places in the first gameplay trailer?

For the record, i sincerely hope i'm wrong and that cyberpunk can crush rdr2 in every aspects, just to be clear.

Edit: i still have to see the new trailer, i'm gonna eat my crow if there is something new in this trailer.

Last edited:
I wasn't overly impressed with the graphics of the other videos. This one looked insanely good. You can run over pedestrians? Cops chase you after? This is more gta than I was assuming if so

Mozzarella

Im still hesitating if i should play my first playthrough on PS4 or PC?
I already pre-ordered it on PS4, and i dont want to cancel it, im thinking of buying it on both platforms.

Do you guys think it will be big difference in my enjoyment if i played first on PS4 then PC?

Cars look cool AF by the way, the screenshot are :lollipop_fire::lollipop_fire:

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Im still hesitating if i should play my first playthrough on PS4 or PC?
I already pre-ordered it on PS4, and i dont want to cancel it, im thinking of buying it on both platforms.

Do you guys think it will be big difference in my enjoyment if i played first on PS4 then PC?

Cars look cool AF by the way, the screenshot are :lollipop_fire::lollipop_fire:

Honestly I'd play it on PC or get the PS4 version and play on PS5 (if it's an option).

CrysisFreak

Banned
Guys no reason to compare RDR2 to Cyberpunk they're totally different games lmao.
We all know RDR's flaws and accomplishments.
Cyberpunk has to prove itself. I want to see it offer moments that rival Arthur Morgan's story. Let's see.
Mangoes, Tahiti.

Well now i know what i'm gonna watch tonight during dinner.

The screens are saliva inducing 🕺 that texture on the steering wheel :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Why i'm playing this thing with a 2070super?! :messenger_sad_relieved: :messenger_sad_relieved:
That makes two of us, I hope I'll be able to max it out with all rtx settings on and dlss for a 60fps at 1080p, if not fuck it I'll lock it to 30fps I just want pure eyecandy.

Haven't watched a single video since their first night city promo so whatever this one is about I can't wait to see it when the game comes out.

GymWolf

That makes two of us, I hope I'll be able to max it out with all rtx settings on and dlss for a 60fps at 1080p, if not fuck it I'll lock it to 30fps I just want pure eyecandy.

Haven't watched a single video since their first night city promo so whatever this one is about I can't wait to see it when the game comes out.
I wanna try 4k60 dlss without rtx or 1440p60+rtx with dlss, i'm not optimistic at all...

Romulus

Is there any info on the ps5 and X1X enchancements? Is it more of a quick and dirty, up resolution? Or better performance, textures etc?
Its crazy to imagine the new consoles won't have a 60fps mode.

Eric187

Banned
I know this is off topic but why didn’t the game of the generation tournament wait until this released? I feel that this has I high chance of being the game of the generation.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
This doesn't even make any sense. They have removed some features, but you're making the assumption that the rest of the game doesn't matter in terms of features?

I can already tell from the videos that CP2077 will have actual player choices for an open world game, especially when it comes to in mission choices given to the player.

Honestly dude, ignore him. Anytime there's a CP2077 thread you can bet your bottom dollar he's in the comments talking about how it ain't all that. At this juncture, he's convinced himself that it's going to be shit and I dare say when it launches and everyone's playing it, he'll be shitting up the OT telling everyone how terrible it is day one.

I know this is off topic but why didn’t the game of the generation tournament wait until this released? I feel that this has I high chance of being the game of the generation.

New machines launch before CP2077 does

Last edited:

Eric187

Banned
Honestly dude, ignore him. Anytime there's a CP2077 thread you can bet your bottom dollar he's in the comments talking about how it ain't all that. At this juncture, he's convinced himself that it's going to be shit and I dare say when it launches and everyone's playing it, he'll be shitting up the OT telling everyone how terrible it is day one.

New machines launch before CP2077 does

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
Holy smokes that looks stunning. Puts all these so called 'next gen' games to shame imo.
Really interested to see how this looks and runs on base consoles.

Not according to the exclusive threads.. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm worried about the graphics quality in these trailers tbh. I'll need to reserve judgment when I can see it in front of my TV with MAX settings.

HOWEVER

I'm more excited about the scope of this game! This game seems to take GTA to a new level.

Last edited:

Dampf

It uses a lot of the RTX features.
Yes, the game does use a lot of RTX features. But I think, even though the footage looks amazing, it doesn't make use of RT reflections in the footage they showed today. Look at the reflection here on the left side, the car reflection disappears because its out of screen space, indicating SSR.

Last edited:

yurinka

These guys are doing a stunning work with everything: vehicles, guns, character design, architecture... there's a ton of art here and I love it

VFXVeteran

Banned
Yes, the game does use a lot of RTX features. But I think, even though the footage looks amazing, it doesn't make use of RT reflections in the footage they showed today. Look at the reflection here on the left side, the car reflection disappears because its out of screen space, indicating SSR.

That's because that video isn't showing the RTX features. I know they put out a gameplay trailer for the Nvidia fans but you'd think they would show more trailers using the features instead of with them off. What has me worried is the detail and the geometry detail not looking as good as some of the newer games out like BG3 and Avengers. I am also cringing at the fact that they are NOT going to use RT global illumination in the game and I can already see the silly light-probe blown out lighting when characters are in shadow.

Last edited:

Dampf

That's because that video isn't showing the RTX features. That's what has me worried actually. I know they put out a gameplay trailer for the Nvidia fans but you'd think they would show more trailers using the features instead of with them off.
I agree, it is worrying me too. You'd think they would use full RT settings and DLSS at 60 FPS in their newest promotional videos to really show them graphics off, but it is still capured at 30 FPS and obviously uses SSR.

Maybe Raytracing gets a delay on PC too? Or they just want to show how the game is running on next gen consoles before the patch next year.

martino

Not according to the exclusive threads.. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm worried about the graphics quality in these trailers tbh. I'll need to reserve judgment when I can see it in front of my TV with MAX settings.

HOWEVER

I'm more excited about the scope of this game! This game seems to take GTA to a new level.

are you sure ?
gta 5 seems bigger to me (if we are talking size of the map)

VFXVeteran

Banned
I agree, it is worrying me too. You'd think they would use full RT settings and DLSS at 60 FPS in their newest promotional videos to really show them graphics off, but it is still capured at 30 FPS and obviously uses SSR.

Maybe Raytracing gets a delay on PC too? Or they just want to show how the game is running on next gen consoles before the patch next year.

Here's what bothers me:

Super low res geometry

7FxJPIA.png

Crappy GI light probe = glow

FwRVzuw.png

I hope that RT Ambient occlusion will sort out the shortfalls of the GI. And maybe the geometric LOD in the settings is set to LOW. *fingers crossed*

Last edited:

martino

With every new video I'm more and more convinced this game will end up as GOTG.
not sure delay make it part of the new one and it will be a long with lot of time for even more impressive to release
(for example if star citizen is not a scam)

Last edited:

martino

Nah. scope meaning how much alive the world is and how dynamic things, people, environments are as well as being the latest in tech.
Then of course it seems to put all open world to shame (tbc).
in fact this gen expect rdr2 and a little ac when it comes to npc most new open world felt very gamey

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
That looks pretty cool like gta didn't know this game was like that...I love gta!! ...Interest is...rising....But still not fully committed. We'll see.

EDMIX

you're making the assumption that the rest of the game doesn't matter in terms of features?

Nope. Never said anything like that. Simply that the removed features already put it as a disadvantage. Like being unable to customize cars or ride a train.

Yo we get to choose our style as well? Or is that just like saying what type of clothes are out there.

EDIT: god I hope they make this look close to this on the series x soon

Last edited:

zwiggelbig

Guys no reason to compare RDR2 to Cyberpunk they're totally different games lmao.
We all know RDR's flaws and accomplishments.
Cyberpunk has to prove itself. I want to see it offer moments that rival Arthur Morgan's story. Let's see.
Mangoes, Tahiti.
wow.. I thought neogaf consisted out of smart gamers who did their research lol
how the fuck can people compare cyberpunk to rdr2?
Red dead has the most linear gameplay and dialogue. And there are not many side quests..
Cyberpunk is a RPG ffs

shubik

The amount of care and work hours CDPR put in every little detail of this game absolutely blows my mind. I have a strong feeling that this game will kick Rockstar of their AAAA throne in terms of budget and overall production value of the assets. And all this for a RPG!!! Fucking bonkers!

MadYarpen

Yeah the attention to detail is incredible. I was really impressed with their approach to the sound recording.

It is not a racing game... And yet all this effort.

Top Bottom