• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 — Rides of the Dark Future

Droxcy

Insane detail holy hell. Once MP launches in a few years hopefully they expand upon this and maybe the map.

Matsuchezz

This footage is from the PC version, i noticed some cutscenes are CGI, I though they had removed all cutscenes and they were played from the First person view? or I am mistaken?
The game looks really good i hope it delivers the acting at the moment is not that good from what i have heard on the trailers, lets see on the final game. Gameplay wise i do not care, i think i can overlook it and enjoy the universe and story.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Looks amazing, probably going to wait until the next-gen versions for XSX/PS5 have released to get the proper experience from the start.

treemk

Banned
I'm probably just going to play this on PS4. This reminds me of getting GTAV on PS3 instead of waiting for the inevitable PS4 version.

I'm probably just going to play this on PS4. This reminds me of getting GTAV on PS3 instead of waiting for the inevitable PS4 version.
Exactly, and if i understand correctly, this game needs 3 playthorugh to see every important path so im ok with first playthrough on ps4 and second on ps 5

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Exactly, and if i understand correctly, this game needs 3 playthorugh to see every important path so im ok with first playthrough on ps4 and second on ps 5

There's only one important path and that's #TeamCorpo

8rZtuAR.jpg

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Me and you think the same here. I'm buying this game day one when the next-gen patches come out.

Same with Final Fantasy 7 btw, I stopped playing it because that pop in isn't eye-pleasing. I would rather play the best possible version of it.

Considering RTX 3090 upgrade as well on my PC.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I was like you till days ago, but recent videos got me like "Fuck I can't wait, it will look awesome anyway on day one in next-gen consoles"

I think it won't take them too long, in the meanwhile I'll have time to play a couple of games like Spiderman MM, AC Valhalla, Godfall, Destruction Allstars, maybe Demon's Souls and Sackboy as well with some of the indies. I want the full experience! I think the patch should be there by January or February max.

Last edited:

Ozrimandias

I think it won't take them too long, in the meanwhile I'll have time to play a couple of games like Spiderman MM, AC Valhalla, Godfall, Destruction Allstars, maybe Demon's Souls and Sackboy as well with some of the indies. I want the full experience! I think the patch should be there by January or February max.
CDPR has said before that they don't know when this patch will come out.....one could think that it's gonna take months, I was thinking in may or something

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I mean, I could be like you, I got a big backlog of games for me waiting for me to be played, and is also Demons Souls, and Spiderman MM.....but Cyberpunk is the game that got me most hyped in a long time (years in fact)

I think it'll be a great game, that's why I wanna enjoy every second of it with a next gen patch ;) I don't reply games, only play them once at highest difficulty possible to get the best out of it. But if you think you'll replay it or like New Game + then it won't matter.

Mozzarella

^ Era is going crazy over that, apparently its the most offensive thing in the world?
Yeah, I've read that thread, if you slightly (SLIGHTLY) show SIGNS of disagreement or doubt, you will get the ban, permanent ban. I I have no idea how that forum still has more than 2000 users. Its obvious at this point that its a hivemind and an echochamber.
Good thing i never bothered to join there. Some threads they make are indeed cool, put some good effort, but i dont like how they easily ban any opposite opinion, and how much these so called SJW users whine about any little thing.
For example there was this user who is apparently hyped for Cyberpunk, so he makes good threads about the Night Wire episodes, he puts good effort, then some of the same users who always find any reason to whine about the game will come and shame him for making a hype thread, if he dares to respond or defend his position he will get banned so the user will always respond to people thanking his thread by thanking them back, its very obvious he is scared to engage because he knows the mods bias will kick him out quickly.

I dont think those users even care about having a good game to play, all they want is a game that panders to them and their beliefs, lets be honest the last thing they give a shit about is having good game.

Mozzarella

Do they even know what they want? :unsure:

They want attention. They go try hard just because they hope they get the attention especially from gaming devs and journalists.
After attention their priority seems to be pandering, they want the games to pander to their ideas, (not lumping all ResetEra users here, just talking about those who's sole purpose there is to complain).
After many other priorities, in the last spot, is "A game that offers good gaming experience" Thats the least of their priorities.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I'm super hyped for Cyberpunk 2077 but won't play it until the next gen upgrade is released by CDPR. I would expect it to be released before they release the expansions for the game. So early/mid 2021 is my guess which is fine by me as I will have plenty of games to play until then.

GymWolf

wow.. I thought neogaf consisted out of smart gamers who did their research lol
how the fuck can people compare cyberpunk to rdr2?
Red dead has the most linear gameplay and dialogue. And there are not many side quests..
Cyberpunk is a RPG ffs
People are comparing how the living world looks and feel, they are both open world who aim at max immersion.

GymWolf

Nah. scope meaning how much alive the world is and how dynamic things, people, environments are as well as being the latest in tech.
I'm ready to bet my avatar that rdr2 is gonna be better than cyberpunk in those aspects.
If i win you get a wonderfull ps5 logo for a month, if you win you can choose a skinny soy wolf for me.

Xdrive05

Okay, so is there any reason to buy this on one digital store over any others? Looks like it's available on Steam, Epic and GoG, at the very least. Do the devs get more of the profits if purchased on GoG? Anything else to help choose?

Edit: What's this? Amazon has a digital download for like $49.96? How does that work? Just unlock in GoG?

Last edited:

MadYarpen

Okay, so is there any reason to buy this on one digital store over any others? Looks like it's available on Steam, Epic and GoG, at the very least. Do the devs get more of the profits if purchased on GoG? Anything else to help choose?

Edit: What's this? Amazon has a digital download for like $49.96? How does that work? Just unlock in GoG?
If you buy it at gog 100% goes to CDPR so if you want to buy digital, go there. It should be DRM free as well.

Last edited:

GymWolf

How do we determine who wins?
I was thinking the same after i wrote the post tbh...this stuff is pretty hard to compare.

Animations, how npc reacts to what you do, how they interact with the world, with how many objects or stuff you can interact with, number of recorded lines for npc etc.

Maybe we can open a poll, they are both third party so no fanboys bullshit (in theory).

Pagusas

Elden Member
All those hypocrites will be playing it day one. I just want a good response from CDPR to shut up these sjws

Seriously. I dont understand how this is different than a woman using her breast as an object of interest. I'm sure there are some trans people who take pride in what they are and their sexuality. Yes some people dont want that, and thats fully ok, but that doesnt mean others dont enjoy the sexual side of things.

^ Era is going crazy over that, apparently its the most offensive thing in the world?

The conduct of the instigator over there, Kyuuji , is that of a spineless coward. This individual knows he can say whatever he wants and he'll be met with no opposition, because moderators will make sure anyone who dares will be banned.

Cowardice.
Cowardice.
Cowardice.

So Kyuuji , come post that same exact thread over here, don't change a word and let's see how your arguments fare, ok? Do not hide behind the Berlin Wall of ResEtera moderation.

Cowardice.
Nothing but cowardice.

Seriously. I dont understand how this is different than a woman using her breast as an object of interest. I'm sure there are some trans people who take pride in what they are and their sexuality. Yes some people dont want that, and thats fully ok, but that doesnt mean others dont enjoy the sexual side of things.
I want them to pledge not to buy the game and post their gamer tags. Pieces of garbage

Top Bottom