• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 — Rides of the Dark Future

I'll take as many shots against R* as I desire because the gameplay and mission design in their games is absolutely dog shit and has been for ten years. I hope they can sort their shit out and deliver a game in which the quality of the gameplay (fun moment to moment gameplay, mechanics, mission design) is in the same league as the quality of their storytelling. It's pointless bringing up GTA 3 - that's one of the best games ever made (TOP 5 for me). Very few games have attained that level of greatness. Certainly R* have failed in every attempt.
Agreed! R* Mission design is too scripted for their own good and on almost every mission too? C'mon R*. In Cyberpunk, you can tackle a mission in so many different ways with actual choices affecting the outcome more often than not. The missions won't fail if you stray off the beaten path too..Also EDMIX EDMIX , CP2077 was never 3rd person to begin with so I don't know where that argument came from..

Puskas

Fuck me sideways. That looks sooooo good.

Definitely saving this game for the next-gen consoles, a must buy.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I was thinking the same after i wrote the post tbh...this stuff is pretty hard to compare.

Animations, how npc reacts to what you do, how they interact with the world, with how many objects or stuff you can interact with, number of recorded lines for npc etc.

Maybe we can open a poll, they are both third party so no fanboys bullshit (in theory).

Be ready for the Soy Wolf from now. Here:

-nhDTcKE.jpg

I think CP2077 will win in that regard.

Pagusas

Elden Member
yea you can't customize the cars. "tune" to change performance, sure.......you can't customize the cars.....

I have a feeling that will be DLC in the future.

Future DLC predictions:

1. New regions or new buildings opening up to explore
2. New character classes/stories. I really think we'll get a military/police class story dlc
3. Multiplayer (we already know this is in the works)
4. New biomods
5. New Weapons
6. New Cloths
7. Car Skins/customizations and new cars
8. Flying cars at some point
9. New mini games

EDMIX

I have a feeling that will be DLC in the future.

Future DLC predictions:

1. New regions or new buildings opening up to explore
2. New character classes/stories. I really think we'll get a military/police class story dlc
3. Multiplayer (we already know this is in the works)
4. New biomods
5. New Weapons
6. New Cloths
7. Car Skins/customizations and new cars
8. Flying cars at some point
9. New mini games

Agreed. I think a good chunk of what you stated is very, very likely. I think CDPR is going the GTA direction and will update it with different features. I don't think the similarities to GTA are an accident.

Reactions: MrS

4QGamers

All of you idiots that think rdr2 or gta v will remain better than cp77 with be brutally proven wrong. Rdr2 is boring hills and trees for the most part. Gta v is bigger, but who cares when most buildings aren't explorable. Cp77 has environmental artists placing assets in every nook and crany to make the world seem lived in. The few people who have gotten to play the game early all seemed in awe at how lived in it felt. You could literally walk around like a fucking walking simulator and still enjoy yourself. Also, I think open worlds that are more so only horizontal are boring. Cp77 will be incredibly vertical. To the point of some mega structures having multiple floors to explore. Im sure they'll be like they're own sort of neighborhoods like the movie Dredd (2012).

Also quests and missions will be infinitely better based out some quests will have up to 7 different out comes. Since its first person only, npc will react if you look at certain areas within your perspective, such as an npc's arm that could be hiding a gun. This would make the npc more hostile or nervous. Also, the level designs will be varied to a guns blazing, stealth or hacking various technologies within the environment.

While casually exploring, there's also npc incidences like an anti-tech monk preaching about the evils of cyber wear and a couple of girls taking pictures of him and making fun of him. So stuff like that will add to the world.

Also the weapons will be more varied and will have stats and rpg elements. Your clothes have stats. Your body mods have stats and affect your HUD. Even the factory brands will be displayed on your UI, depending on what cyber mods you're using. That alone is more interesting than what Rockstar has to offer. I mean, cp77 will have loot of various rarities. The gun animations are incredibly detailed too. There's guns with noticeable fingerprints for fuck's sake.

Even the car interiors are mind blowing to just stare at for a minute.

Believe me, I could go on. Y'all thinking because you can't ride a damn train and because you can go into first AND third person are going to be proven so wrong, you'll come back here late November and wonder why you said something so retarded.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Are you saying you can’t customise vehicles in CP? Is that confirmed? :(

Correct.

You can "tune" them in terms of performance, but not customization ala Forza series, GTA series, Watchdogs series etc.

EDMIX

CP2077 was never 3rd person

Doesn't matter. It still lacks a feature that GTA and Red Dead have.

In Cyberpunk, you can tackle a mission in so many different ways with actual choices affecting the outcome

Yea....something that many games can do several generations back. We get both games are not the same in every regard, but you can't cherry pick 1 feature they are doing and then ignore obvious removed or lacked features that could only help the title.

So I don't know how one is beating another, when they don't even have the ability to ride the train, something that could be done in GTA3 mind you. How I see it, meet or beat. Meet those features and or BEAT THEM and then we can have that conversation.

Cyberpunk 2077 is still a day 1 for me and no where am I arguing that Red Dead 2 feels amazing with its gameplay as it feels like shit, but thats how I feel about Witcher 3's gameplay, so for all you know...I might end up feeling BOTH games feel like crap.

Doesn't help that CP2077 then has a list of missing features, removed features etc

GymWolf

Be ready for the Soy Wolf from now. Here:

-nhDTcKE.jpg

I think CP2077 will win in that regard.
A lot of people in here love w3 and hate rdr2, maybe a poll is not such a smart idea after all :ROFLMAO:

Just for the record, i will gladly use this avatar if this means that cyberpunk beat rdr2 in those aspects.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
A lot of people in here love w3 and hate rdr2, maybe a poll is not such a smart idea after all :ROFLMAO:

I really didn't like RDR2 much, and to make things worse it was extremely easy, or let's say "insultingly" easy. RDR1 was a masterpiece, one of my best games of all times, and it was hard enough to give you the joy playing it. I packed 1 pound of muscle on my thumb mashing X 80% of the game to get from point A to point B. It was 8/10 at best for me. The map was wonderful, environment from a distance looks realistic and trees look like had-crafted instead of randomly cloned. It wasn't fun to play.

Hey, Death Stranding wasn't fun, but man what a unique experience and music it had.

GymWolf

I really didn't like RDR2 much, and to make things worse it was extremely easy, or let's say "insultingly" easy. RDR1 was a masterpiece, one of my best games of all times, and it was hard enough to give you the joy playing it. I packed 1 pound of muscle on my thumb mashing X 80% of the game to get from point A to point B. It was 8/10 at best for me. The map was wonderful, environment from a distance looks realistic and trees look like had-crafted instead of randomly cloned. It wasn't fun to play.

Hey, Death Stranding wasn't fun, but man what a unique experience and music it had.
DS was piss easy and the plot\characters\writing were shit compared to rdr2.
also if you play rdr2 without autoaim it's like 10x times more difficult than DS, mostly because the aim and cover mechanics are rather poor (at least on console with a controller).

We just agree to disagree.

Last edited:

MadYarpen

I think it was some sort of a collaboration between them, at least thatsnhow I understood some discussions on twitter.

Doesn't matter. It still lacks a feature that GTA and Red Dead have.

Yea....something that many games can do several generations back. We get both games are not the same in every regard, but you can't cherry pick 1 feature they are doing and then ignore obvious removed or lacked features that could only help the title.

So I don't know how one is beating another, when they don't even have the ability to ride the train, something that could be done in GTA3 mind you. How I see it, meet or beat. Meet those features and or BEAT THEM and then we can have that conversation.

Cyberpunk 2077 is still a day 1 for me and no where am I arguing that Red Dead 2 feels amazing with its gameplay as it feels like shit, but thats how I feel about Witcher 3's gameplay, so for all you know...I might end up feeling BOTH games feel like crap.

Doesn't help that CP2077 then has a list of missing features, removed features etc
"Doesn't matter. It still lacks a feature that GTA and Red Dead have."

That doesn't make any sense since they chose not to implement it in the 1st place..like I don't understand how would that make CP 2077 worse than GTA..

& You're right that games already had this but in gta and rdr 2 if you decide to go too much off the beaten path, then you'll automatically fail said mission which sucks(Online is kinda different but still)

Certain features were removed because they felt that it wouldn't work gameplay or design wise. It sucks but it makes sense. I'm sure that R* does the same thing on their game as well but gameplay and story choice wise, CP may have the edge here..Gameplay wise, who knows I mean we gotta wait and see but I wont be surprised if certain elements end up being called out as kinda clunky & what not. Also, they could add removed features back in later if need be but its not guaranteed at this point.

Last edited:
I was just banned on that other site

They are doing a real crusade against this game/company over there, and anyone willing to buy the game or excited for it, holy shit

Welcome.

You can express both your enthusiasm and/or any criticism you have here. In either case your opinions might be challenged, but it's ok. You're an adult. You can take it.

Again, welcome!

EDMIX

I love how on the very thread I was talking about the list of removed features, is now a thread about a feature funny enough was removed itself.

This thread aged like milk. The comment section is going in on them about this feature not existing in the game.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I love how on the very thread I was talking about the list of removed features, is now a thread about a feature funny enough was removed itself.

This thread aged like milk. The comment section is going in on them about this feature not existing in the game.

What feature is missing? There are hundreds of unique vehicles that you can acquire. It's kind of crazy how much work they put into this feature considering how unimportant vehicles are to the core of the game.

EDMIX

What feature is missing? There are hundreds of unique vehicles that you can acquire. It's kind of crazy how much work they put into this feature considering how unimportant vehicles are to the core of the game.

""exchangable parts make them perfect for tuning"

It was removed from the game. I'm surprised how long its taken for many to realize that after this thread too...

Maybe they will allow you to tune the supercars in an update. They could add a garage you could drive to and swap some parts and paint. It's not something I cared about either way, but for those who do I bet they'll add it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
""exchangable parts make them perfect for tuning"

It was removed from the game. I'm surprised how long its taken for many to realize that after this thread too...

What? The narrator is describing the flavor of each type of vehicle in the game, not showing off some kind of vehicle customization system. You can't "sit back and enjoy the ride" in executive vehicles, heavy duty vehicles are not "literally unstoppable," and hypercars will not "take you places you never dreamed you would go." Are those all features that were cut, too? It's just a damn lore video.

EDMIX

You can customise cars. They said in the video you can tune the cars to your liking.

Riding a train doesn't bother me personally.

@Zefah Tell that to this person or this entire thread that believed that was a feature.

Shit tell that to this whole Youtube page as you can see the comments BEFORE release that its completely understood what they are talking about. Enough with this BS trying to pretend we all just imagined them saying this shit...

wordslaughter wordslaughter Agreed. Its likely going to be DLC in the future.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
@Zefah Tell that to this person or this entire thread that believed that was a feature.

Shit tell that to this whole Youtube page as you can see the comments BEFORE release that its completely understood what they are talking about. Enough with this BS trying to pretend we all just imagined them saying this shit...

wordslaughter wordslaughter Agreed. Its likely going to be DLC in the future.

I guess I lack the perspective of having been fully invested in the marketing hype train for this game. I didn't follow it closely on purpose.

In hindsight, the trailer looks like any other "lore video" trying to set the tone for the world and setting. Taking a step back and trying to put myself in the shoes of someone who has been sucking up every detail about the game they could get their hands on for seven years, and I guess I could see how that trailer made it look like this game was going to basically be Gran Turismo + GTA + Deus Ex all at once but better.

Last edited by a moderator:

EDMIX

I guess I like the perspective of having been fully invested in the marketing hype train for this game. I didn't follow it closely on purpose.

In hindsight, the trailer looks like any other "lore video" trying to set the tone for the world and setting. Taking a step back and trying to put myself in the shoes of someone who has been sucking up every detail about the game they could get their hands on for seven years, and I guess I could see how that trailer made it look like this game was going to basically be Gran Turismo + GTA + Deus Ex all at once but better.

Notice how no one in this entire thread was debating are arguing about tuning. It was very much understood what they meant and I believe its likely going to be a feature in the future DLC or something.

My issue isn't with the feature being cut, I understand many things had to get cut to make release, but the video is still up and they made zero effort to even release a statement that it had been removed like they did before with wall running, the metro train stuff etc.

I didn't even know until I got to the desert area with Panam and was like "can't wait to tune this thang UP!", couldn't find anywhere to do it, but saw garages and many missions show one, so I figured I didn't get to a mission that allowed me to...... then I went online and learned it was no longer in the game.

If I was them, I'd remove the trailer from their official YouTube and make some statement as when you are already being sued for misleading investors, you don't need the extra negative press.

Edit. Keep in mind its not to say I don't want it to be some "Gran Turismo + GTA + Deus Ex all at once but better", simply that if its in this early state with so many mission features, be transparent about it. In CP2077, there is this entire bodyshop with the garage door open, a sign and everything, as if it was suppose to be in the game, but was removed. So I think many are right that it is now some free future update or something. The characters even speak to you as if its something that can be done.

Last edited:
I ignore all the cars around me, because you cant steal them for keepsies. It is such a missed opportunity to get me to care about my surroundings and spice up the moment to moment because I will drop what I am doing to steal a car I want.

The worst. They could have made expensive cars have advance security, have security groups hunt you down to the ends of the earth if you take it. Lots of cool stuff. But no. Just dump money into a meaningless economy and get thousands of texts about cars that dont engage the player.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I ignore all the cars around me, because you cant steal them for keepsies. It is such a missed opportunity to get me to care about my surroundings and spice up the moment to moment because I will drop what I am doing to steal a car I want.

The worst. They could have made expensive cars have advance security, have security groups hunt you down to the ends of the earth if you take it. Lots of cool stuff. But no. Just dump money into a meaningless economy and get thousands of texts about cars that dont engage the player.

The crime and police system is a travesty, so probably better they don't encourage stealing in its current state.

EDMIX

The crime and police system is a travesty, so probably better they don't encourage stealing in its current state.

Agreed. The way they talked about police in this game I expected a whole lot more. I would say that was my biggest shock at release. After beating the single player with streetkid life path in about 25 hours and putting about 15 hours in the side quest, I've put it to rest and uninstalled.

I'll return to it next year on PS5 with that update or even later as next year is pretty packed. I only want to do Corpro on a beast system lol

They should have just had some auto drive feature like you have in FFXV, it makes sense as it is the future. I don't want to fast travel cause I hate seeing the game's world, I want to do so cause of how bad the driving is, but some auto drive feature allows you to see the world and take a bit of a backseat. I enjoyed that feature in FFXV because it wasn't like it was GTA, but I feel this game really could have used it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom