• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 $4.99 at Best Buy (PS4, XBOX ONE. Free next gen upgrade)

anthony2690

Banned
I am personally really impressed with the game on series X, I can imagine it's the same positive he experience on ps5 too, so if you have either platform and been on the fence, I'd say it's definitely worth checking out.

Last edited:
The game is in great shape on next gen console, for 5 bucks you can't lose anything.

doubt-press-x.gif

Tomeru

It is. Im almost finished with the main story (I think), and playing this on ps5 is fucking great. I sat on the sidelines like everyone when the game came out, laughing at its state and at cdproject. Always KNEW in my heart the game was shit.

Sonce finishing ER, and being too lazy to continue HFW, I decided to pop cp2077 in my ps5. I am playing this game non fucking stop. Its so good, the story is one of the best Ive had the pleasure of knowing, and Im gonna platinum it too (I hope, some of the trophies look like a chore).

Its one of the best games I've played in recent years.

BlackTron

It is. Im almost finished with the main story (I think), and playing this on ps5 is fucking great. I sat on the sidelines like everyone when the game came out, laughing at its state and at cdproject. Always KNEW in my heart the game was shit.

Sonce finishing ER, and being too lazy to continue HFW, I decided to pop cp2077 in my ps5. I am playing this game non fucking stop. Its so good, the story is one of the best Ive had the pleasure of knowing, and Im gonna platinum it too (I hope, some of the trophies look like a chore).

Its one of the best games I've played in recent years.

They paid dearly for their deception and botched launch, but the patient still get a pretty good game in the end for almost free.

Meh, I got it for $20 last year, played 10 hours, and felt like I experienced most of what it had to offer. I ended up returning it as it didn’t keep my interest anymore. It’s not bad, just gameplay wise I felt like I already played plenty of games like it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Goddamn, that's the best price for the game you're gonna find lol.

The only thing better is if would come to either consoles subscription services.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i paid full price and yeah it has some problems but i never for a second grudged paying what i did.

$5 is great value but rather unfair.

They paid dearly for their deception and botched launch, but the patient still get a pretty good game in the end for almost free.
Yeah that's my hope. I bit at this price , plus they had Hyrule Warriors Calamity on sale for $30 and threw in Commando on bluray for $3.99 to get free shipping. Weird thing is all 3 items are to be shipped in separate packages , not sure how they make any money doing it like that.

Bridges

Damn, no longer available for shipping.

Would've definitely bitten the bullet on this even though I'm digital only on Xbox now.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
My favorite game of 2020 despite the bugs and rough edges. Don’t listen to the haters, it’s an awesome game and is worth your time

• Strength
Reactions: Gp1

BlackTron

Yeah that's my hope. I bit at this price , plus they had Hyrule Warriors Calamity on sale for $30 and threw in Commando on bluray for $3.99 to get free shipping. Weird thing is all 3 items are to be shipped in separate packages , not sure how they make any money doing it like that.

I haven't played it yet, but I'm not expecting the second coming here. Just a decent cyberpunk RPG that gives my Series X a chance to shine with a title my GTX1060 would rather not have to deal with.

I chose store pickup so I dodged shipping that way, but it's not unusual for items to be in different warehouses/stores. Amazon is scary in their logistics on how they make everything as efficient as possible, but not everyone can be like them...

TexMex

The dog pile is deserved and I know it’s fun but this game is great, is great on PS5, and is worth way more than 4.99. Sucks that this will forever be the immediate reaction to such a great game.

Umbasaborne

Banned
As ive said, the game has seen massive improvements since launch. That does not forgive the abhorent shape it launched in, but i think its well worth your time now. But at this price, i do wonder if the game bombed pretty bad for them

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
As someone who bought the Cyberpunk Xbox One X...don't do it...the bugs didn't bother me that much the worst thing about this game is the writing its so bad and you can't skip most of it

Shifty1897

Damn, I picked it up on PS4 from best buy for like 15 right before Christmas and still haven't played it yet. I should've waited.

Mr Hyde

Still waiting for CDPR to put out a native physical edition for PS5. Hopefully with some nice goodies at the side.

Andodalf

Banned
5$ is a great price, just finished it and the game is in a pretty good place right now. I got it for 10$ and it felt worth it.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I played through it on PC at launch, but for $5 I will get it for the PS5 just so wifey can play it.

Top Bottom