• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Are you buying on release or are you waiting for the next-gen version to drop?

Are you buying Cyberpunk on release or are you waiting for the next-gen version to drop?

• I have a PS5/XSX and will play it in BC-Mode

Votes: 38 21.8%
  • I am holding out until 2021 until proper next-gen versions are released

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • PC-Masterrace just entered the chat

Votes: 66 37.9%
  • I will play & buy it for PS4/XB1

Votes: 11 6.3%

• Total voters
I was originally going to play it on PC..then when it got delayed I decided to wait until the Spring for some patches/fixes/and upgrades lol...I got tons of new games to play so im not hurting for it

But then my gameshare partner on Xbox hit me up saying he bought it so we could both play on Series X and I know my ass gone be tempted to play at launch :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The Fartist

Gold Member
I am for PC master race on this one.

Playing the Witcher on PS4 (with all patches installed) and then continuing on PC: there's no going back.

I'm not even gonna bother with CP2077 on console, next-gen or no next-gen, PC all the way for this.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Bc mode for sure. If I want to play the next generation patch it wait for a mid generation refresh because I can imagine the horrible performance once they add RT.

HomebrewHero

Neo Member
Playing the X1X version on a Series X, I'm sure it'll be fine while we wait for the upgrade.

This is probably the route I will take too, I was considering waiting until I finished Valhalla and hoping the patch was ready but it's already been such a long wait.

Moogle11

Banned
I’ll play the BC version assuming at least one of my orders (PS5 from Costco, should ship any time now, and XSX from Microsoft with 12/23 estimated delivery) comes through. Then do a replay when the upgrade is out.

ruvikx

Banned
I'll get it on my One X.

I'm pretty much done with the arms race whereby adding some framerate, ray tracing or whatnot to a video game apparently makes it so much better. It doesn't.

Underneath, it's still the same game, with the same animations & same core gameplay. We're still a long, long way from photorealism ergo I'll take my chances & just "enjoy" the game for what it is... the way I still enjoy playing on my ps4 & Xbox One X regardless of the graphics.

gamer82

not day one i'l pick it up on sale for ps4 and take advantage of the free upgrade. bargain :)

Last edited:

Miles708

Waiting a couple of months for the stability/performance/gameplay patches to drop and make it playable, and the GOTY version to have it all on disc.
And then buying it on base PS4, on top of that.

Screw FOMO.

Last edited:
There is no BC version. The game gets a small upgrade on next gen at launch, then later on we will see a proper next gen patch.
CD Projekt Red has provided additional context around next-generation plans, speaking on a conference call with investors on Thursday. The studio confirmed that Cyberpunk 2077 would be playable on Xbox Series X and PS5 at launch, with graphical enhancements planned for day one. However, Cyberpunk 2077 will receive a later, "more robust" next-gen update, assumedly the full-fledged vision, currently scheduled for 2021.

The game comes with performance/graphic profiles for each system out of the box.

This is already obvious from the new gameplay we've seen today. Dynamic shadows for example are of much higher quality on Series X than on One X.

I'll be playing on PS5, then replay with next gen patch. Will most likely double dip on PC if I get a new GPU in a year, but that depends on the next gen patch. If CDPR manages to get good looking RT going on the consoles, then I won't double dip.

Have it pre-ordered.

I was going to play it on PS4 if it had released when it was supposed to, but at this point I'll wait and play it BC on PS5 since I managed to grab one.

But I'm still going to wait a bit, I don't have confidence that this game will be running well when it releases. I'm going to give it until sometime after the holidays to play it.

Hugare

This is not a game that you finish just once

I'll be playing my first run on the PS4, at 720p if thats what it takes, I dont fucking care

Then next year with the PS5, with all the bell and whistles

SnapShot

wont be getting it until I see a decent sale cause im too broke to buy it on full price

Last edited:

Fbh

I'll probably hold off unless it has some got tier optimization on PC and it runs decent on my laptop (which I very much doubt).

Besides I'll probably get some games on black friday to keep me occupied during the summer (southern hemisphere)

PooBone

Had the game preordered since about a day after Keanu walked out and announced it was coming out in April..... so a year and a half is long enough.

Rossco EZ

after what i saw today and just generally feeling less hyped for it over the last few days i’m going to hold off buying it, at least until the next gen patch.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I got it cheap with a code recently and will be getting day 1 and I know it will be fantastic but all hype has faded at this point. “It’lL bE ReaDY WhEn It’S dOnE” looks pretty ridiculous now to be honest.

diffusionx

Gold Member
PC, but I would like to play it on a new GPU.

I'll also play it with a controller but it will be at higher settings than console filth

Grinchy

Banned
I'll hold off for the real next-gen console patch and get it for PS5.

With all the delays and crunch, it just seems like problems and bugs are guaranteed whenever they manage to get this thing out. I don't feel like playing a backwards compatible shit version they could barely duct tape together before selling it.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Ill buy it close to launch. I probably won't get far into it for like six months so I'll get the next gen patch.

Self

After seeing the latest console footage, I'll going to wait for a next gen patch. It looks pretty underwhelming so far.

Saber

Gold Member
None of above. Since my hype went downhill, I've decided to give the game some time after it's release.

Don't get me wrong, I still have the intention to buy this game. But not on pre-order and neither when it releases. Only after some time away from it's launch.

Last edited:

Denton

PC Master Racer day 1 as Nomad with RTX.

Year later once the expansions are out, second playthrough as Corpo.

Last edited:

vpance

Already preordered for like $40 ages ago.

Definitely playing some at launch but may put it on hold until next gen patch drops.

ZywyPL

Banned
I voted the second option because I'm not upgrading my PC this year, so it'll be 2021 for me anyway, either on a console if the next-gen patch delivers, or a new rig once it's finished.

Top Bottom