• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 CGI teaser trailer

charsace

Mar 23, 2007
The scnes up until You see the woman in the van are part of a flashback. She's probably getting ready to face a psycho and is thinking about when she went psycho.

Sickboy007

Oct 17, 2007
I'm convinced this teaser was a micro origin story for the Cop class. From the teaser images, to the focus on the police in the trailer itself, it seemed too self contained and centered to be about the general, open-world game.

Can't wait for the Corporate teaser.

Persona86

Banned
Jun 14, 2012
I'm convinced this teaser was a micro origin story for the Cop class. From the teaser images, to the focus on the police in the trailer itself, it seemed too self contained and centered to be about the general, open-world game.

Can't wait for the Corporate teaser.
Good point there was not enough variety to suggest otherwise.

Gav47

Jun 18, 2009
Ireland
Huge mistake in this shot :

a cookie for anyone that can point it out
You shouldn't be able to see the aiming reticle on the reflex sight at that angle?

Also, putting the rifle barrel on the bottom is weird, I can imagine any practical reason for that. It does look cool though.

KarmaCow

Sep 13, 2009
The hand seems to be backwards or contorted in some awkward way?

edit: ha nevermind wasn't thinking.

injurai

Banned
Oct 18, 2011
Milky Way
www.youtube.com
Huge mistake in this shot :

a cookie for anyone that can point it out
safety on

You shouldn't be able to see the aiming reticle on the reflex sight at that angle?

Also, putting the rifle barrel on the bottom is weird, I can imagine any practical reason for that. It does look cool though.
No that part is fine. It's lined up properly with the chamber and everything.

JohnDonut

Banned
Dec 5, 2012
lol. love cdpr.

this is a message for GAF right?
No, CDPR always does hidden stuff like this

Also this trailer owned, I can't wait.

You're silly if you're expecting anything but a CGI trailer when the game isn't gonna be out till the end of 2015 at least.

Oct 28, 2005
It's hard to get excited for a CG trailer of a game not coming out for years.

But, I love cyberpunk (*points to avatar*), and even though the Witcher 2 ended up being a tad disappointing on the gameplay-side, I think CD Projekt RED can really do the setting justice; they're amazing at building worlds and atmosphere.

UnluckyKate

Jan 15, 2008

Winner is you !

Purkake4

Banned
Dec 26, 2008
Wat? That doesn't make me excited at all.

What it does do is make me hate whatever that song was. Ugh.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Braindance reminds me of Space Adventure Cobra lol

I think that widespread use of artificial memories/experiences and its effect on society is an extremely interesting setting for a world.

looking forward to this.

RPGamer92

Banned
Apr 25, 2011
I could easily see this game being the Gears of War 1 of next gen i.e. the first real next-gen game. I know this was just CG, but damn I'm hyped!

Sep 2, 2007
What if...this is only the teaser for the first class in the game, Cop. What if every class had a different campaign and they're going to release teasers for them to build hype throughout the next years.
We know theres character creator with branching paths already. And someting tells me the cop, with all the face covered, is one of the characters you can create. Dont know if this intro could be part of only one branching storyline, but its very possible is the start of the game for making that any character you create starts with the story of the woman. Maybe you always start as a cop and then you can totally change the path depending on the class you chosed?
The woman is an NPC, thats for sure, and im of the thinking she is this game's Triss (out of other important NPC characters, romanceble and not romanceble). The nose, far from perfect, but giving it a distinting personality to the figure of her face pretty sure makes her an NPC important to the story.

toastyToast

Dec 18, 2008
God damn. That looks hot

This game isn't coming for a long time, the trailer is just just a graduation from still pictures. See it for what it is, which is a teaser. Damn

Lunar15

Jun 15, 2011
Not sure why people dislike the song used in the trailer. I thought it was pretty great. I understand that taste is subjective though.

Personally, I'm just glad they didn't go for generic daft punk song right away. This was a little unexpected and I like that.