• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 CGI teaser trailer

Gravijah

Trailer was a letdown, to be honest. Not sure what I was expecting, but that didn't fulfill it.

edit: Also, Cyberpunk was built for EBM. WHERE'S IT AT?

from the previous thread,

This is more along the lines of French Electro/nu-synthpop than nu-disco. Nu-disco has more of a funk/Italo/post-disco/proto-house influence and less of a glossy 80's synthpop sheen. The Revenge, Tensnake, Tiger and Woods, Lindstrom, Dropout Orchestra, Tornado Wallace, etc.
I'm an expert... not really but I do spin the genre a lot

Also you can add Grum to the list of the 80's synthpop revivalist artists you have up there :)

So weird hearing EDM discussion in a trailer for a western RPG haha.

i play DJ-gigs myself as well, if you can, check out the Spotify list. i've specifically dropped out more vocal heavy synthpop and try to find this perfect set of, that kind of music, i dont know what the exact genre specification is and i dont care that much :D i just call it "french electro" myself.

also Hotline Miami and the movie Drive has made this genre all the more popular now :D

Tzeentch

WAAAAYYYYYYYYY better with the Icarus theme song.

Was an ok trailer, but I was hoping for some in-game. I used to play CP2020 (the pen and paper RPG this is based on so it's interesting seeing their take on the world.

Terra_Ex

Shiny trailer, told me very little, music was... yeah. But it's cdpr and they haven't disappointed me yet so I'll keep an eye on this.

-BLITZ-

Well, from the world settings that I see from the CG like viewing those 80/90's movie and that's a good thing comparing this with classical stuff; Blade Runner, Totall Recall, The Fifth Element comes in mind.

Bullets that don't wound - eh, whatever she was, is really interesting to be set into a game.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Way better than i was expecting. Awesome teaser guys, good work.

Like the song too, what was it?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Is it weird of me thinking that this isn't solely CGI but uses assets that kinda look like they cooooould be ingame?

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
That elicits a biiiig meh from me. I was hoping that if we got a CG teaser that it would at least help give us a slightly better impression of what the world of this game will be like. Since developing the crap out of the setting is pretty much the most important thing when crafting a cyberpunk world, I was hoping that we'd get to see a little bit about what makes this vision of the future distinctive.

Also, that song was just so gratingly awful. Muted the trailer halfway through.

So I just watched it.
1. I actually liked the song so of course that means Gaf hates it.
2. I like the visual aesthetics but it really doesn't show us much of anything gameplay wise.
3. Was the bit at the end an in-engine cutscene or just stand CG stuff?
4. I am excited for the project but it looks like it will be a while before it releases.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
uBiyq.png

"Currently for 2015 but the real release date is when it's done"

I just read the last part, oh my god.

Dark Souls 2 gets announced with a CGI trailer and GAF explodes. Cyberpunk 2077 gets announced with a CGI trailer and people complain that it's not in-game.

patapuf

have'nt kept up with this title...

Why the Hype comin up to this teaser? what kinda game is it?

RPG, based on the Pen and Paper ruleset cyberpunk. we don't know much beyond that.

oh, you'll make your own character. Same dudes that did the witcher.

I loved the music and the trailer, i hope there's a lot of mindhacking going on.

krishian

So I just watched it.
1. I actually liked the song so of course that means Gaf hates it.
2. I like the visual aesthetics but it really doesn't show us much of anything gameplay vise.
3. Was the bit at the end an in-game cutscene or just stand CG stuff?
4. I am excited for the project but it looks like it will be a while before it releases.
I liked the song. People are just bitching because it's not what they expect from cyberpunk.

Vano

Loved the teaser. The music, the art, visuals, the secret message <3. And Witcher 3 omg.

Curious to see if the girl or the guy will be the protagonist.

Protome

I like the trailer, loved the art-style and the atmosphere.
I didn't like that nothing was really...animated except for the last few seconds. It was like they just got these really high quality models, and rotated a camera around them for a minute.

Im the only one that like the song?

No, I liked it too. Makes sense that they're using licensed music if it really is so far off.

Licensed music in game trailers always gets hate. I have no idea why. That fucking awesome Bioshock Infinite trailer got similar comments. (Comments about its usage are fair game, just referring to comments about the song itself)

People complaining about CGI need to realize this game is 2+ fucking years away. Calm your shit.

This was not a teaser for how the game is going to be, this is a sample of how the game is going to feel

and it feels good

Top Bottom