• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 CGI teaser trailer

charsace

The scnes up until You see the woman in the van are part of a flashback. She's probably getting ready to face a psycho and is thinking about when she went psycho.

I'm convinced this teaser was a micro origin story for the Cop class. From the teaser images, to the focus on the police in the trailer itself, it seemed too self contained and centered to be about the general, open-world game.

Can't wait for the Corporate teaser.

Persona86

Banned
I'm convinced this teaser was a micro origin story for the Cop class. From the teaser images, to the focus on the police in the trailer itself, it seemed too self contained and centered to be about the general, open-world game.

Can't wait for the Corporate teaser.

Good point there was not enough variety to suggest otherwise.

Good point there was not enough variety to suggest otherwise.

We basically had

Cop front and center
Cyberpunk-2077-Trailer-Out-on-January-10-Gets-Two-Teaser-Images.jpg

Cop gun

Psycho and future cop

Cop hardware and vehicles

And a PR blurb about a police special force and their antagonists.

Gav47

Huge mistake in this shot :

a cookie for anyone that can point it out

You shouldn't be able to see the aiming reticle on the reflex sight at that angle?

Also, putting the rifle barrel on the bottom is weird, I can imagine any practical reason for that. It does look cool though.

Momentary

Banned
Whoa, that trailer was awesome. Wasn't really feeling the song at first because of the scenery. Now I can't get enough of that song.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Aesthetically pleasing but little else, which is to be expected. Roll on February 5th!

JohnDonut

Banned
lol. love cdpr.

this is a message for GAF right?
No, CDPR always does hidden stuff like this

Also this trailer owned, I can't wait.

You're silly if you're expecting anything but a CGI trailer when the game isn't gonna be out till the end of 2015 at least.

It's hard to get excited for a CG trailer of a game not coming out for years.

But, I love cyberpunk (*points to avatar*), and even though the Witcher 2 ended up being a tad disappointing on the gameplay-side, I think CD Projekt RED can really do the setting justice; they're amazing at building worlds and atmosphere.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Braindance reminds me of Space Adventure Cobra lol

I think that widespread use of artificial memories/experiences and its effect on society is an extremely interesting setting for a world.

looking forward to this.

RPGamer92

Banned
I could easily see this game being the Gears of War 1 of next gen i.e. the first real next-gen game. I know this was just CG, but damn I'm hyped!

EDarkness

Interesting trailer, but it really didn't tell me anything about the game. I'll look into it anyway since Cyberpunk is one of my favorite genres.

What if...this is only the teaser for the first class in the game, Cop. What if every class had a different campaign and they're going to release teasers for them to build hype throughout the next years.

We know theres character creator with branching paths already. And someting tells me the cop, with all the face covered, is one of the characters you can create. Dont know if this intro could be part of only one branching storyline, but its very possible is the start of the game for making that any character you create starts with the story of the woman. Maybe you always start as a cop and then you can totally change the path depending on the class you chosed?
The woman is an NPC, thats for sure, and im of the thinking she is this game's Triss (out of other important NPC characters, romanceble and not romanceble). The nose, far from perfect, but giving it a distinting personality to the figure of her face pretty sure makes her an NPC important to the story.

injurai

Banned
Braindance reminds me of Space Adventure Cobra lol

I think that widespread use of artificial memories/experiences and its effect on society is an extremely interesting setting for a world.

looking forward to this.

It makes me think of Paprika or Eternal Sunshine.

God damn. That looks hot

This game isn't coming for a long time, the trailer is just just a graduation from still pictures. See it for what it is, which is a teaser. Damn

Lunar15

Not sure why people dislike the song used in the trailer. I thought it was pretty great. I understand that taste is subjective though.

Personally, I'm just glad they didn't go for generic daft punk song right away. This was a little unexpected and I like that.

Top Bottom