• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 CGI teaser trailer

I wouldn't be so sure about that, it's probably supposed to be see through. Or maybe I'm not understanding your comment.

When you use an holographic sight like this, you can see the " red dot " from behind (from the shooter point of view) but you don't see anything from the front end of the gun (from the angle of that screen)

Man, I'm excited for this, but between the Blade Runner-like city and the emotion inducing drugs, it is essentially Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, the video game.

God damn it, why am I LTTP on this one ?!

Anyway, the trailer looks great, can't wait, I hope this one also comes on next gen consoles so it reaches more people.

It's not an open world game? It's a Deus Ex game. And it was awesome.

I think everyone is soo starved for something in the cyberpunk genre they're grateful for whatever they can get I suppose. The gameworld, like I said, just felt lifeless empty dry and dull to me and it wasn't very polished. I was also trying to play through as a tank though too.

I'm fairly confident you're gonna be disappointed.

care to elaborate? I enjoyed TW2 even though I thought is was pretty average(may have made a difference if I had played TW1). If CD Projekt Red can improve/expand on what they had with that I'll enjoy it.

Hindle

Banned
I'd hate it if this ends up another VS 13 or TLG. Where we're waiting for its release in 8 years time. Over ambition can cost a developer a lot these days.

TheExodu5

Banned
You guys do know what a teaser is, right? There's not meant to be much substance here.

Also, some of you are setting your expectations way too high. This is not real time.

Serra

I think everyone is soo starved for something in the cyberpunk genre they're grateful for whatever they can get I suppose. The gameworld, like I said, just felt lifeless empty dry and dull to me and it wasn't very polished. I was also trying to play through as a tank though too.

care to elaborate? I enjoyed TW2 even though I thought is was pretty average(may have made a difference if I had played TW1). If CD Projekt Red can improve/expand on what they had with that I'll enjoy it.

I have to say I pretty much disagree with everything you say here.

btw, why would you play Deus Ex as a tank, what the fuck dude.

Dead Man

like I said its basically lying to your customer. "Look here's nothing what the game will be like (not really nudge nudge wink wink)". meh i hate CGI in videogames.

Good lord, get over it. Nobody thinks a game 2 years (at least) from release will look very much like a teaser, unless the comany specificaly claims it.

Alucrid

Banned
like I said its basically lying to your customer. "Look here's nothing what the game will be like (not really nudge nudge wink wink)". meh i hate CGI in videogames.

It's supposed to get people excited about the game.

People are excited about the game.

It worked.

So fans of the PnP Cyberpunk, do you think CD Projeckt are going to make it like the witcher system of going with your character alone and in very few instances have important NPC's travelling and fighting with you, or they are going to revamp it to make it a more teambased game like Kotor, Mass Effect and other western team RPG's?

I would love to see them take a shot into a team RPG gameplay, and I suppose being CD Projeckt that the banter with your companions would be awesome.

They shouldn't have wasted money making that at all. It does nothing for anyone.

Talk for yourself. It does something for me, and we are getting tidbits of story and characters thanks to fans here of the PnP game that are discovering things thanks to the trailer.
Also, they wanted to attract talent with it like patapuf said.

Trickster

Its a neat trailer for sure, I'd just rather have some gameplay or more insight into the story.

I think everyone would. But that was never really a possibility with a release date that's atleast 2 years from now, probably more than that tbh.

Big "if". I have confidence they will create a quality product, I enjoyed TW2 also except for the combat, and as much as I loved DX:HR I would agree there were spots that felt sterile and empty; I'm just not at all confident this will be a better game than either yet, and as such from what you've stated I think you're going to be disappointed with this as a savior of cyberpunk games.

Big "if". I have confidence they will create a quality product, I enjoyed TW2 also except for the combat, and as much as I loved DX:HR I would agree there were spots that felt sterile and empty; I'm just not at all confident this will be a better game than either yet, and as such from what you've stated I think you're going to be disappointed with this as a savior of cyberpunk games.

with the release being rather far out though you'd assume(at least I am) that they're building the game with next gen specs in mind. That meaningful somehow, right? I'd imagine that'll allow them to build/vastly improve on the systems they had in place for TW2. Cyberpunk 2077 would benefit from being a true DX11 game as well. I'd hope though that they'd also populate the world with something meaningful/compelling to do as well.

I own every CP2020 book and almost had the chance to write for the line. I did write for Shadowrun, which is very similar in some concepts. I haven't gone through every frame looking for corp logos and callbacks but I'm sure some fans are :)
Im glad Im not the only one that noticed Alt immediately!

It's pretty damn awesome you got to write for SR and almost for CP2020! Which SR books did you work on? My group actually just started up a game.

As for the trailer, holy shit did it tease well. The scattered direct references to the PnP game, the visuals, the feel... I WANTS IT!

It's 2 years out from release. We won't be seeing gameplay for quite a while.

Which I argue is why this doesn't really need to exist. It got people talking about the game years from release with no real idea of what it even is. Neat trailer but why? Aside from confirming that they are indeed making something.

Neo C.

Just rewatched the teaser, they handled the super slow-motion terribly. The flying bullets are super slow, but small stuff falling from the top is like only 1/4 speed, while the metal cartridges is perhaps 1/20 speed, but in the teaser they pretend everything has the same slowness.

diamount

Banned
Which I argue is why this doesn't really need to exist. It got people talking about the game years from release with no real idea of what it even is. Neat trailer but why? Aside from confirming that they are indeed making something.

To attract talent and build awareness for the game.

FACE

Banned
Are the quotes from CDPR on IGN and a few other places new? Some pretty tantalizing tidbits in there. The setting in particular sounds exciting:

source article

I remember watching an interview with Syd Mead, and he spoke very similarly about how they created the look for Blade Runner. With the layering of technology on buildings and whatnot. Very cool.

Both.

I've no doubt this is just scratching the surface of the universe as a whole but it sounds like a really neat game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk_2020 - it's just too bad I don't know anyone who's down to play a pen & paper game with me :lol

iMA3O5uk5HjkA.gif

charsace

Just rewatched the teaser, they handled the super slow-motion terribly. The flying bullets are super slow, but small stuff falling from the top is like only 1/4 speed, while the metal cartridges is perhaps 1/20 speed, but in the teaser they pretend everything has the same slowness.

Its purposely uneven. Its a memory. I'm hoping that they kind of handle memories in the game in a similar fashion.

MormaPope

Banned
If the game in it's entirety is as moody and dark as this teaser, I'll be very very happy. A depressingly fantastical science fiction world is rarely done in videogames, Cyberpunk 2077 is going to fulfill a lot of people's needs and wishes. This is the game I'm buying a next gen console for.

As someone who doesn't know any of the Cyberpunk fiction, are there people or groups that have a darker or more jaded history than the people in the Psycho Squad?

Loved everything about the teaser by the way, must've watched it a dozen times.

Zaptruder

Banned
Also, this game absolutely needs to support the Oculus Rift.

There's no way you can make a game about a VR/AR headgear wearing future and not actually support a real VR (possibly even AR) head set... which looks like an early version of what those guys are wearing.

That teaser did nothing for me, which is odd as I usually have a raging hard-on for this sort of thing. Nothing against flashy CGI trailers, but there wasn't really anything going on content wise that gripped me. Cool song though.

That teaser did nothing for me, which is odd as I usually have a raging hard-on for this sort of thing. Nothing against flashy CGI trailers, but there wasn't really anything going on content wise that gripped me. Cool song though.
Yeah, I was more confused then anything at the point of showing what they did.

Still, the art quality is stunning as usual. I adored both Witcher games and look forward to where this goes...

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
It's 2 years out from release. We won't be seeing gameplay for quite a while.

I guess they will show first gameplay in E3 maybe running on one of the next gen con consoles.

Unfortunately in the Gametrailers interview the dev cannot confirm whether or not the women we see in the trailer will appear in the game.

Bummer. :(

well she was in one of the first concept arts,she is also on their YouTube channel icon/avatar,so yeah I think she play big part of the game.

krishian

I guess they will show first gameplay in E3 maybe running on one of the next gen con consoles.

well she was in one of the first concept arts,she is also on their YouTube channel icon/avatar,so yeah I think she play big part of the game.
If anything, we'll see gameplay at one of their conferences and on PC. Hopefully presented by Pondsmith :D

DieH@rd

Banned
They shouldn't have wasted money making that at all. It does nothing for anyone.

They can use this video as a initial marketing tool, use it sections for TV commercials, use stills for internet promo materials, create real life banners and posters, etc.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
it seems that they are following the source pretty closely

Josh Sawyer said:
found the militech crusher ssg in the chrome book that inspired the gun the night city cop uses in the cyberpunk trailer. feel like columbo.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Do we know who is going to publish this? both Namco and WB did a horrible job for TW2 EE,Atari was better with TW2.

I hope someone good at marketing and with their own loyal RPG fanbase like Atlus, Bethesda or Square Enix publish this game.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Do we know who is going to publish this? both Namco and WB did a horrible job for TW2 EE,Atari was better with TW2.

I hope someone good at marketing and with their own loyal RPG fanbase like Atlus, Bethesda or Square Enix publish this game.

I doubt Bethesda would be interested but they are a good choice.

Top Bottom