• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 delay to September 17

Fake

Geb3LuW.png

Last edited:

GreyHorace

Am not surprised. The same thing happened to The Witcher 3 and it all worked out in the end.

And come on. If there's one developer we can make allowances for delaying it's these guys. Yeah it sucks but I'd rather they fix and polish what they can before the release date so that they don't pull a Bethesda.

MiguelItUp

Holy shit, they did it, lmaooooooo!

Welp, like I said in the thread about this potentially happening, more marination is not a bad thing! Let's look on the bright side!

Also good GOD, that's SO far away! :messenger_loudly_crying:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Doom Eternal - Delayed from November to March
Last of Us 2 - Delayed from February to May
Final Fantasy VII - Delayed from March to April
Cyberpunk - Delayed from April to September

Then Capcom comes in with its big fucking black dick and is like

Resident-Evil-3-Remake-PS4-Xbox-One-1225704.jpg

April 3rd. No delays. Boom.

Zerotex

Ok, take your time and make this beast as good as witcher 3.
Problably I will be busy in april /may playing resident evil 3, final fantasay vii and last of us 2.

FGxklJeJ0Qne5QoeGYoV6rHKsyWzi2tYl46konZyUwU.jpg

Its kinda offputting how CDPR were bold with ''Its ready when its ready'' anthem and give out a release date as if they stand by it only to delay the game. Not saying the game wont have extra finesse after the delay.

I have seen countless big publishers do this with their titles with same excuse and at this point, i just think its some psychological marketing to get people even more hyped up for the release. Money talks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm honestly kind of happy about this. The first few months of this year were way too packed with games I wanted to play and I really want CDProjekt to get this right. If they need more time, I want them to take it.

Last edited by a moderator:
They should just take a "when it's done" approach at this point. It's alright though, I can wait for them to get it to where it needs to be.

GymWolf

Mildshock.gif

Well at least is gonna be super optimized...

Games with this giant scope needs more time in the oven compared to copypaste openworld from ubisoft...

Also 17 september is one day before my birthday, i'm gonna have the best gift of the last 10 years.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Well there’s another game that can wait until next gen then. I’m not buying anything after Sept 1, until I have my new machine.

Would make sense if Series X & PS5 is close to the release date. Wonder if there will be like an upgrade program like they did with the previous gen (Such as getting AC4: Black Flag at a discounted cost).

delays have happened for far too long in this industry that if your are irked by a delay thats more of an isolated "you" problem now.

delays and broken/unfinished releases are so commonplace that no one should be surprised or annoyed.

Bkdk

SE certainly knows they’re delayed a few days ago. CP2077 will be optimized to utilize ampere cards power and provide a real next gen experience with rtx 3080 estimated around 18tflops.

Last edited:
Given the importance of this title for CDPR, with the next console cycle set to begin this coming holiday season, it makes sense to postpone the game and time its release with the new systems. Even if the current-gen game does launch in September, I imagine we'll have info & dates on when people could instead opt to purchase versions for the new hardware.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Lmao. God damn it. Im glad I didn't double down on it not being delayed. Wheres the crow I should eat?

Top Bottom