• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Dev Reassures Fans That Expansions Are in the Works

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
cyberpunk-2077-updates-expansions.large.jpg

There's been quite a bit of speculation surrounding the future of Cyberpunk 2077 following the release of update 1.5 back in February. That game-changing patch launched alongside the infinitely improved PlayStation 5 version of 2077, but developer CD Projekt Red has been pretty much silent since — aside from a smaller update that hit about a month later.

Fortunately, talkative quest director Pawel Sasko has reassured fans that additional content is still in the works.

During a recent livestream Sasko said: "We are working on stuff for you. Like, I'm literally daily reviewing quests, talking to people about stuff, so it is happening. I cannot tell you anything about our future plans [...] but I can assure you that we are working on expansions — we're working on stuff for you guys."

Braag

Pretty sure not too long ago they said over 30% of the staff is working on the expansions. So probably sometime during summer we might hear more I would imagine.

There are people who are still incredibly salty about the game and run to every CP2077 thread to comment how they don't care or that the game is dead, but majority of CP2077 players are still waiting for those expansions.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Whogivesashit.gif

Does this game still have fans?

Just let us forget the game.

How about you all just ignore Cyberpunk threads and let those of us who enjoy the game have an actual conversation without derailment?

As for the content, I'm hoping for overall improvements to the open world as well as more story content. Would prefer that they give us an new story with a new main character beyond the main story line. I liked V, but I'm ready to move on.

There was never a doubt about that, the doubt is when its coming. Considering their poor and slow track record of releasing stuff, I'd say 2023 at best. I mean it took them more than a year for one patch and a next-gen update. By the time its out I will prolly feel the same as some of the posters here, as in won't give a shit anymore. The game was released in 2020. Say and hate Ubisoft all you want but they gave us at least 60hours of dlc content in a year.

Already one of the best games released in the last 10 years and very excited to see how much better it gets. It's already way better than it was on release with the latest update, so I can't wait to see where it is in a few more years. What I never understood about some gamers is how they got into this what I like to call "release window" gaming. Sure you want a game to be everything it's ever going to be upon release, but rarely is that ever the case for more ambitious and expansive AAA open world RPGs in the vein of a Cyberpunk 2077. Witcher 3 wasn't its very best right out the gate, either. I'm the style of gamer who comes back to games months, years, often 5+ years later to play and appreciate what it has become.

So that's why I'm thoroughly excited about the additional content being worked on for this game. This has been the strength of the gaming industry for years, our libraries, the ability to go back and experience something far more stable, far more polished with newer content. It's like what Bethesda and its mod community always does for its games many years after their release window.

Well, I guess I gave them too much credit when I thought they would have the good sense to move on to the next Witcher game and pretend Cyberpunk never happened.

Cyberpunk is so bad, nothing will ever ever fix that. I guess that maybe they could pull a Skyrim and allow mods so fans could spend years trying to make the game decent.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Whogivesashit.gif

Just let us forget the game.

Tell us you never actually played Cyperpunk 2077 and are just here to troll without telling us you never actually played Cyperpunk 2077 and are just here to troll.

The expansions are great news because as fantastic as the story was, the campaign is pretty short for a Western RPG. Act 3 just sort of ends. The third act is basically just whatever ending you've earned from the rest of the game.

What did you find bad about Cyberpunk? :)
What did you find good about it? The gameplay is bad, the driving is worse, missions are ridiculously scripted, the story doesn't do anything for me. It looks cool and that's is (if you have good hardware). Just no substance. It should serve as an example of how not to make an open world game and how not to overpromise to create hype that will blow up in your face.

Last edited:

ManaByte

What did you find good about it? The gameplay is bad, the driving is worse, missions are ridiculously scripted, the story doesn't do anything for me. It looks cool and that is, no substance and it should serve as one of the best examples of how not to make an open world game.
Sounds like you didn't actually play it.

What did you find good about it? The gameplay is bad, the driving is worse, missions are ridiculously scripted, the story doesn't do anything for me. It looks cool and that is, no substance.

Doubt you played it for more than a few hours. Even with all its faults, the game has some incredibly good content in it. Complaining about scripts and stories in a story-focused game is idiotic.

Cyberpunk could have been so much more, but what I got was still a very enjoyable game, at least on PC.

Some quests really stuck with me, like that one guy who wanted to crucify himself or the weird story with the autonomous car. Even the main story had some of that ol' CDPR brilliance here and there. The city has a really cool feel to it and was fun to explore, it just lacked interactivity and meaningful choices.

It was obvious CDPR bit off more than it could chew, but I still appreciate the effort. If they don't screw up the DLC, I'll be certainly back for more.

Mr Moose

How the fuck have I only got 2 trophies for this game? I've completed it :messenger_anxious:
This shit is like TLoU trophies, fuck that.
Edit: Wait I have 7 for the PS4 version and 2 for PS5... Why didn't they carry over? lol.

Last edited:

They need to patch out the overheating hacks. What a piece of shit design. Put me right off. It's more annoying than having someone stand infront of the tv whilst you are playing.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
One of my top 10 favorite games ever. Purposefully have not touched the game since restarting a Street Kid run last year so that any DLC release will warrant a restart.

. . .mainly hopefully that the rumors of a Cyberpunk 2077 Online type DLC would happen. Would love to have a character divorced from V to run around the city as.

There are around 20K people playing a two-year old heavily narrative game whose is forever encircled by controversy. I should think any expansion will be just fine.

Bkdk

Good, I’ll play it with the expansion. Certainly a disappointing game with lots of gameplay and design flaws that patches won’t fix, but would still want to see the true ending for the game.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Please don't. Make TW4 the best it can be instead (and for the love of god don't rush it out).

(Alright, I don't want to deny you guys some DLC. I just want TW4 before the generation is over.)

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
One of the DLC's will be centered around Pacifica and the Voodoo Boys, for sure. Too many loose ends regarding the region, its fixer and the gangs that operate there. Even heard the Bozos might still be around, lurking in the shadows.

The other expansion is anyone's guess. There's talk of Busan, Crystal Palace, the Sea of Clouds...

I'd honestly resist the urge to leave Night City in a second expansion and would rather they made an NCPD focused expansion, using the opportunity to make NC even better.

There're a few things the city is still outright missing and some other QoL stuff I'd love to see:

NPC's driving bikes, parking and entering structures/rooms - could even be a simplistic solution like having them disappear into a black wall behind the opening door. NPC's roaming in groups, like parents with their children or gangs and co-workers.

Not to mention NCPD hacking: as it is now, pure Quickhacking builds simply can't fight the cops and that's rough for an RPG...

As for QoL, being able to immediately consume items when buying them from vendors would help a lot with immersion. With the new apartments, I'd even be OK with them re-removing stash access from bikes: driving with a bike is a completely different experience from cars and there should be some drawback.

Last edited:
How about you all just ignore Cyberpunk threads and let those of us who enjoy the game have an actual conversation without derailment?

As for the content, I'm hoping for overall improvements to the open world as well as more story content. Would prefer that they give us an new story with a new main character beyond the main story line. I liked V, but I'm ready to move on.
How about you have fun with the game and we have fun making fun of the game? 🤷‍♂️

Maybe spec yourself to defend against that then.
I probably will. Bought it twice and gave up even earlier this time. I will do my homework once I play games that are giving more enjoyment first.

I am still very early in the game (got the dog drone) and had enough to deal with the controls in gun fights without this spazzing up my screen and health.

I found it totally frustrating and does not encourage ploughing through. Got that boring hotel room level next... ugh... love the aesthetics and not had any major bugs in either version.

Last edited:
Pretty sure not too long ago they said over 30% of the staff is working on the expansions. So probably sometime during summer we might hear more I would imagine.

There are people who are still incredibly salty about the game and run to every CP2077 thread to comment how they don't care or that the game is dead, but majority of CP2077 players are still waiting for those expansions.
Yeah. The fanbase is strong. Hope we get the expansion with peralez and his wife. Thats the only hanging thread in the game really.

Last edited:

luffie

Will probably buy it, but not day 1 ever anymore.

Cp2077 was good but the Witcher 3 system just doesn't fit a cityscape open world.

Night City is not explorable. The locations exist in hubs, recognisable by having a shop in every hub. You have to travel through the maps, because everything else in between hubs are just non interactive space.

In W3, it was the forests and lush landscapes, and you can sometimes identify a location visually. In 2077 the forests are replaced by buildings, but you can't differentiate which can be explored.

This is why you have the look of a bustling city but the feel of a dead city.

Top Bottom