• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: development in full swing

Could someone maybe give a tiny summary of the cyberpunk 2077 universe, like what's included?

Is there magic? Supernatural stuff? Or is it entirely "technical"? Is there anything that stands out a lot in comparison to other cyberpunk?

That's a healthy attitude. Unfortunately I think we won't see gameplay til maybe late 2017 :'(

No magic or supernatural. Its all about technology and fashion.

Gbraga

I haven't played Quantum Break, but is the shooting in that any good? Because it's certainly only a means to an end in Alan Wake and the Max Payne games.

I think they're some of the best controlling TPS games :C

Alan Wake suffers from lack of enemy variety, but the mechanics are fantastic, imo.

Granjinha

I haven't played Quantum Break, but is the shooting in that any good? Because it's certainly only a means to an end in Alan Wake and the Max Payne games.

The controls were fine. The control of Geralt, and his animations however were not.
Its great. The shooting in AW and especially MP are great too, so i'm not sure about what you're talking about

Nazo

Really awesome to hear they're working on it in earnest now. I just couldn't get into the Witcher games, never cared much for the setting or for Greralt. Everything I've read about Cryberpunk seems much more up my alley.

ferunnico

Neo Member
As much as I love the Witcher series, I have no problem admitting that it has always been kind of unpolished and rough in places, even in The Witcher 3. Altough, CD Projekt RED has obviously gotten better in that regard with every new game, so hopefully Cyberpunk will be the next step up.

jett

D-Member
I wonder how they're dealing with this being their first shootbang (I assume) and all. I also wonder if they will be bothering to support current consoles...

Pretty effin' excited.

If it controls as shit as Witcher 3, I'll skip it. No excuse to release games this ambitious with controls this laughable again. They should absolutely focus more on this.

Sure-Jan-Brady-Bunch-Tumblr-meme.gif

SomTervo

First post on point.

CDPR are masterclass world builders, but holy Jesus, the core movement mechanics and combat need work. I really hope they can pull it off this go around.

Cyberpunk is confirmed optional first-person or third-person, so hopefully you can go first if you don't like their TPS controls.

Ploid 3.0

Hope the combat is good. There's no fancy sword moves, and limited use of magic so maybe it will be pretty nice.

OP is a tad harsh, but not entirely wrong. Just compare the movement of Snake and his horse in TPP to that of Geralt and Roach in TW3, it's day and night.

But I'm hopeful they'll make strides with Cyberpunk. Getting a Remedy designer on board is a good sign.

I can't wait to see more from this game. I'll probably have to buy a Neo or Scorpio for this because I can imagine it running like shit on the current consoles. Not that they're known for bad ports, but I expect them to be pushing the boundaries graphically in a massive open world.

Dalibor68

Banned
OP is a tad harsh, but not entirely wrong. Just compare the movement of Snake and his horse in TPP to that of Geralt and Roach in TW3, it's day and night.

But I'm hopeful they'll make strides with Cyberpunk. Getting a Remedy designer on board is a good sign.

MGSV mostly feels more arcade. Not defending Roach tho.

silva1991

Actually with all the focus on guns in this universe, maybe this will be a FPS like Deus Ex. If so, they have to make brand new animations which could be an improvement over witcher 3.

Do we know if this will be tps or fps?
Ugh if it's FPS then I'll probeblyskip it.

Good.

Need a really good AAA RPG in the dearth of AAA RPG were are generally experiencing.

Japan come back plis. This will be amazing though.

Bl@de

I hope they go for a mix between FPS and TPS like Vampire Bloodlines. TPS for melee (better overview) and FPS for firearms (better precision with M/KB).

Nevertheless, I'm very excited :)

Cyberpunk is confirmed optional first-person or third-person, so hopefully you can go first if you don't like their TPS controls.

CDPR knows what I like *hype*

Mrbob

Hype for CyberPunk will be out of control as the follow up to one of the best RPGs ever.

If it controls as shit as Witcher 3, I'll skip it. No excuse to release games this ambitious with controls this laughable again. They should absolutely focus more on this.
Later.

w0s

Trying to pick up loot in the game is annoying since it has this thing where Geralt will keep jogging for half a second when you stop moving, and the horse was the most glitchy mess I've ever seen.

Complaints I've had with the controls
I loved the witcher 3 on ps4 and am playing through now on my PC with the game of the year edition but this is spot on. So annoying. Still great game and the thought to boycott because of it seems Asanine

cheezcake

Huh that's sort of weird. Are there any examples of shooters which are optional first or third person in which both options are viable? The mechanics of a shooter are highly dependent on the camera.

i-Lo

If TW3 with its scope was any indication, C2077 may be best experienced a year after its release.

Shredderi

I know people like to pile on the guy who said he would skip it if the controls were as bad as TW3, but he's got a point in a way. The game is gonna be big and ambitious. I want them to get better at that stuff. It's a thing that is with you moment-to-moment while playing so if they get the controls and animations right it will enhance the experience greatly. This is one thing that MGSV is a masterclass at. CDPR if you are reading this, prototype the shit out of controls and make it super good!

Vlaphor

I never had a problem with how the Witcher 3 controlled originally. I'll admit that I do like the new controls better, but I'd be fine with the game as it controlled during launch as well.

boskee

You're honestly delusional if you think we'll wait a very long time before the gameplay is revealed

Given that Iwinski said numerous times that they fancy doing a Fallout 4-style reveal and the outrage over "downgrade of TW3", we may have to wait till 2018.

JBwB

It's an incredibly ambitious game so I'm not surprised that they have at least as many people that worked on W3.

Sanctuary

Its great. The shooting in AW and especially MP are great too, so i'm not sure about what you're talking about

Eh, I never bothered with the multiplayer, and I also only ever played the original game on the 360, so I never got to use all of the weapons that were added in American Nightmare. In the orignal game at least, there was never anything particularly great feeling about the shooting. Although I'm not huge on TPS anyway, so maybe it is "great" for the genre. The only TPS gameplay that I truly enjoyed was from RE4, Mass Effect 2&3 and Dead Space 1&2.

Venom Fox

Banned
Thinking this will be announced at E3 2017 going by the surprise comments. Over 400 devs working on it! Fuck yes!!!

Chaos17

This and also if gameplay combat aren't improved. Witcher 3 combat gameplay was bad specialy the horse fighting and the arbalet -.-'
Yet, I like everything else.

Mivey

You're honestly delusional if you think we'll wait a very long time before the gameplay is revealed
Totally, after the measly success of TW3, they will have to show stuff very early to generate enough marketing hype. I mean, look at GAF. Hardly anyone cares about this game, not after the horrible, horrible combat and controls.

J_Viper

See you guys in 2024!

The combat in TW3 is fine, the problem is the unsatisfying progression system. Combat is nearly the same in hour one as it is in hour one hundred.

Locking players into a single skill tree was a dumb move, and it's too bad they never fixed that aspect.

boskee

Totally, after the measly success of TW3, they will have to show stuff very early to generate enough marketing hype. I mean, look at GAF. Hardly anyone cares about this game, not after the horrible, horrible combat and controls.

> Measly success

> Over 10 million copies of the base game sold.

Pick one.

MightyKAC

No actual lies detected.

With that said however, it's pretty apparent that this game is gonna be a different beast from start to finish. More people, newer blood, better resources, everything.

And also, knowing that there are guys at CD Project actively reading Gaf I'd say it's safe to assume that they're not only aware of the sentiment but are actively doing something about it.

So I'm gonna give them a chance to prove that they're game is worth our money and withhold judgement till I see more about how this game plays out.

Top Bottom