• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: development in full swing

Buggy Loop

This is one of my most anticipated title. Cyberpunk open world by Witcher devs? Holy shit i dont think peoples realize the possible impact on the industry when this will pop out. Just like Star citizen's effect on space sims ressurgence, you can bet that suddently, all devs will have a cyberpunk twist here and there.

boskee

Don't remember the source, but I remember reading that most Devs shifted onto Cyberpunk after the release of W3. They had a smaller team working on both of the expansions.

Correct. I also believe that the Quest team started working on C2077 earlier this year. They were pretty excited about the fact.

etta

my hard graphic balls
CGI? Nah.
Actually if you go back and watch it now it doesn't look that advanced anymore. Recent games have done really well in the graphics department and raised the standards.
After Deus Ex: MD, I'm in. I need more games with a similar theme.
Mankind Divided is basically Witcher 3 but in the future in first person with guns. It's incredible how similar it felt to Witcher 3 to me.

Good shit!
Feels great to know the game is now confirmed to be in deep production :D

There's an alternate movement patched in last year.

Funnily enough I actually prefer the OG movement controls.
Felt like Geralt had more "weight" in the world.

Sure it had a couple of niggling issues but I liked having full control of my movement speed (especially when wanting to walk through towns and forests taking the scenery in)

Could someone maybe give a tiny summary of the cyberpunk 2077 universe, like what's included?

Is there magic? Supernatural stuff? Or is it entirely "technical"? Is there anything that stands out a lot in comparison to other cyberpunk?

This thread is a good place to start
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1196914&highlight=

Venom Fox

Banned
Actually if you go back and watch it now it doesn't look that advanced anymore. Recent games have done really well in the graphics department and raised the standards.
True. Still I don't think they will. It'll still look amazing as fuck though. TW3 looked awesome.

Stoze

Great to hear. I'm really excited to see what they do, pen and paper RPG inspired games are a different beast.

PFD

Very excited about this game, hopefully we'll see it next year!

Also, what's with the drive-by shitposts?

This is music to my ears. Having Witcher 3 be my first foray with CDP, 2077's teaser was one of the best things I've seen and it still gets me hyped to no end.

I am really excited and I am really rooting for them to succeed. I am a happy bunny jumping around now.

ehead

Mankind Divided is basically Witcher 3 but in the future in first person with guns. It's incredible how similar it felt to Witcher 3 to me.

I have to admit, I haven't played any CDPR game. I tried the first Witcher months ago and it didn't work for me. I have 2 and 3 in my Steam account but haven't installed them yet. But seeing your comment, I'm pretty interested in going straight to 3 now.

Mrbob

I know people like to pile on the guy who said he would skip it if the controls were as bad as TW3, but he's got a point in a way. The game is gonna be big and ambitious. I want them to get better at that stuff. It's a thing that is with you moment-to-moment while playing so if they get the controls and animations right it will enhance the experience greatly. This is one thing that MGSV is a masterclass at. CDPR if you are reading this, prototype the shit out of controls and make it super good!

1) Took Kojima Productions 5 Metal Gear Solid games and almost 20 years to get to mgs5.

2) Controls have been improving every game so I guess they are listening to you.

3). Don't play the first witcher if you think witcher 3 controls are bad.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
this is easily my most anticipated game. i need to know every bit of information about it that comes out.

i can't imagine what this will be like if CDPR are saying it will be bigger than TW3 and of course with the success of that they can now afford to get more people working on it and make it ever better. the amount of talent they will now be attracting will be crazy.

i think they still have a lot to prove so i'm going to stay a bit cautious. creating a scifi cyberpunk game based on pen and paper game is not the same as a game like TW3. they will need to learn how to do guns/vehicles and create a huge dense city. no more swords horses and huge open areas. Night City will put the likes of Beauclair + Novigrad to shame.

can't wait to see actual gameplay but i don't want them to rush it. take their time and get it right. i will be there day 1 and most likely build a new PC just for it.

I have to admit, I haven't played any CDPR game. I tried the first Witcher months ago and it didn't work for me. I have 2 and 3 in my Steam account but haven't installed them yet. But seeing your comment, I'm pretty interested in going straight to 3 now.

the first game can be really rough and hard to get into. personally i quite enjoyed it but i seriously doubt i'd have stuck with it had i not already played 3. i couldn't even get into the second game. so 3 was my first witcher game and when i finished i needed more so went back and played 1+2.

Flipyap

Cyberpunk is confirmed optional first-person or third-person, so hopefully you can go first if you don't like their TPS controls.
Shouldn't that be more cause for concern? Games that allow perspective switching never fell quite "right."
Shooter mechanics are only going to be easier to screw up because there's so much competition in that space and everyone already has their own definition what good shooter controls feel like.

ferunnico

Neo Member

I haven't played Mankind Divided yet and I think this is the first time I've heard that comparison. What makes them feel so similar to you? The dialogue options and quest design?

Gbraga

they will need to learn how to do guns/vehicles and create a huge dense city. no more swords horses and huge open areas. Night City will put the likes of Beauclair + Novigrad to shame.

Oh yeah. As far as I'm concerned, they could make a fucking massive map with just one city, but full of very different districts and many internal areas and it'll be the greatest achievement in open world games ever.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I haven't played Mankind Divided yet and I think this is the first time I've heard that comparison. What makes them feel so similar to you? The dialogue options and quest design?
The overall design of the game. Exploration and its importance, characters, dialogue, quest/story structure. There's also the very strong similarity between Geralt and Jensen, both quiet badasses, both having "powers"...etc.

spons

Gold Member
What's with the Scorpio bullshit? Console has barely been announced and people are already port begging for it. Who fucking cares where this releases on. Not buying it otherwise is fucking hilarious.

pablito

First post was definitely a shit ass post, but it's not 100% wrong. Witcher 3 is a top 3 game for me, I enjoyed the combat, but I do hope they work on the controls. Looting is weird if you're close to it but can't see the loot icon. Geralt has different walkspeeds indoors and outdoors. When in battle he can't jump or climb ledges anymore, which can provide for some frustrating situations if you're unlucky. Not being able to control what type of sword attacks he's going to do. I hope none of this type of thing in Cyberpunk 2077. And thank god it's not going to be first person (only). Majority of my hype would be gone.

timberger

Announced waaaaaaaaaay too early.

What's with the Scorpio bullshit? Console has barely been announced and people are already port begging for it. Who fucking cares where this releases on. Not buying it otherwise is fucking hilarious.

Yeah, having that shit rammed down my throat in every thread is getting beyond tiresome.

Artdayne

1) Took Kojima Productions 5 Metal Gear Solid games and almost 20 years to get to mgs5.

2) Controls have been improving every game so I guess they are listening to you.

3). Don't play the first witcher if you think witcher 3 controls are bad.

The first Metal Gear game is almost 30 years old. Kojima has had a very long time to perfect his craft. I would agree that Geralt's movements out of combat were pretty janky at times, hopefully they fix that. I'm super hyped for this game, CDPR are my favorite dev.

Setsuna

The first Metal Gear game is almost 30 years old. Kojima has had a very long time to perfect his craft. I would agree that Geralt's movements out of combat were pretty janky at times, hopefully they fix that. I'm super hyped for this game, CDPR are my favorite dev.

Even in combat it can be pretty bad. It suffers from the same lock on issue that Assassins creed Unity had

Exodust

Banned
I'll never understand people who call Witcher 3's controls or combat outright shit. At it's worst it's a bit janky and clunky but fine. You were never getting Devil May Cry level combat here, and haven't we accepted the fact that big WRPGS will always be a lot more limited in that aspect? Witcher 3 certainly plays better than an Elder Scrolls game IMO.

Not sure what these guys were expecting.

I'll never understand people who call Witcher 3's controls or combat outright shit. At it's worst it's a bit janky and clunky but fine. You were never getting Devil May Cry level combat here, and haven't we accepted the fact that big WRPGS will be a lot more limited in that aspect? Witcher 3 certainly plays better than an Elder Scrolls game IMO.

Not sure what these guys were expecting.

I hope no one has just accepted the idea that WRPGS have to have bad combat. Also, pointing out that it isn't the worst isn't an excuse. The Witcher 3 is an incredible game, but janky game feel is a valid criticism and its biggest weakness.

Exodust

Banned
I hope no one has just accepted the idea that WRPGS have to have bad combat. Also, pointing out that it isn't the worst isn't an excuse. The Witcher 3 is an incredible game, but janky game feel is a valid criticism and its biggest weakness.

I said in the post you quoted that at worst it can be janky but it was fine. Never said it was bad, and I honestly don't see how it's shit. I enjoyed it during my time with the game even though it was never the real highlight for me.

You were never going to get that. Dark Souls as a game is made for entirely different reasons than the Witcher, with entirely different goals by their respective developers. I wouldn't even call the games comparable.

SomTervo

Huh that's sort of weird. Are there any examples of shooters which are optional first or third person in which both options are viable? The mechanics of a shooter are highly dependent on the camera.

It works surprisingly well in Star Wars Battlefront (2015).

Aside from that, I don't think so! Unless you count 'cover cam' from Rainbow Six: Vegas and Deus Ex: HR/MD.

NateDog

I've been eagerly awaiting this since the teaser. The wait will continue to be tough I imagine (2018 at minimum at this stage surely) but total faith in CDPR.

pablito

It works surprisingly well in Star Wars Battlefront (2015).

Aside from that, I don't think so! Unless you count 'cover cam' from Rainbow Six: Vegas and Deus Ex: HR/MD.

What about Fallout?

Oh dear please don't play like those games lol

Frostman

Correct. I also believe that the Quest team started working on C2077 earlier this year. They were pretty excited about the fact.

That's interesting. I wonder how far along they truly are if the quest designers have started work, I wonder whether the games in a state to practically implement the quests or whether they are just within a writing/designing stage still.

No doubt with the amount of quests within the W3, they will be writing and designing quests right up to a few months before release.

fade_

635915033766984950466958341_Holding-Hands-GIF.gif%3Fgs=a

Top Bottom