• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 HypeTrain | Just breathe (No leaks)

What platform are you going to play on?

• PC

Votes: 612 50.1%
  • PS4 Amateur

Votes: 84 6.9%
  • PS4 Pro

Votes: 139 11.4%
  • XBox 1

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Xbox 1 X

Votes: 130 10.6%
  • Waiting for the next gen

Votes: 377 30.9%
  • Stadia

Votes: 13 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadYarpen

Ne0BwUG.png

Why the thread?
I feel it is better to have all in one place, and it seems a good moment to make one thread for all the hype because there will be a lot of it in the next months.

So the idea is to keep all Cyberpunk related news and discussion here, unless of course something really needs a thread.

Gamers and media are all onboard, so let's start with recently released song from the game:

Website and preorder: https://www.cyberpunk.net/ (no in-game bonuses for preordering)
Official twitter: https://twitter.com/cyberpunkgame

1. What happened at E3?
Keanu happened, we saw the cinematic trailer, glimpses of gameplay, and the release date was revealed, and coincidently it is 202020. See for yourself:

CDPR presented a new demo, this time concentrating on the non-linearity of the gameplay. We found out you can finish the game withouth killing anyone (which is a direct result of feedback from last year's E3), although I'd like to know if it is simply fighting vs sneaking, or you can talk yourself out of some fights, preferably thanks to your stats (that's RPG after all, eh?).

Reactions were mostly positive, though some sites had some doubts over some parts of the game - here you have E3 impressions thread:

2. What happened after E3 fever?
Developers gave many interviews, and more info about the game was revealed. For example:

‘We're not settling for 'OK"

Cyberpunk 2077 Features Multiple Endings

Quest director Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz confirmed the existence of multiple endings in an interview with YongYea at E3 2019. For context, The Witcher 3 had three major endings; which one you arrive at depends on the choices you make during the campaign. Tomaszkiewicz did not say how many endings Cyberpunk 2077 will have apart from confirming there will be multiple ways the story can end.

Also in the interview, Tomaszkiewicz confirms that players can go through the entire campaign without using any augmentations besides the two that are automatically assigned to you during the prologue. The rest of the augmentations are optional. (It's also possible to play the entire game without killing anyone.)

The developer also confirmed that CD Projekt Red is considering adding a Photo Mode, though it is "hard to tell" if it will happen. CD Projekt Red is considering it "seriously," Tomaszkiewicz said. This is a big difference from September 2018 when the developers said they were planning for Cyberpunk 2077 to have a Photo Mode.
Tomaszkiewicz added that the studio is also not committing to a level cap for Cyberpunk 2077 just yet.

According to CD Projekt Red founder Marcin Iwinski, the studio is now in the polishing phase of development for Cyberpunk 2077. This is the most challenging part of the development process, Iwinski said, adding that he expects the team to be able to deliver "some amazing bells and whistles graphically" when the process is finished.

Cyberpunk 2077 Will Not Have A Morality System, CDPR Confirms

At E3 2019, we got the chance to interview quest director Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz. When we asked Tomaszkiewicz if the fact that the game will let players play through all of it non-lethally means that there will be a morality system, he said that there’s no real system to determine good and evil choices, and that non-lethal playthroughs are instead dependant on how much you choose to invest in your character’s capabilities in that area.

“We don’t have a moral system per se,” Tomaszkiewicz told GamingBolt. “However, to complete it non-lethally you have to be very good at stealth. Invest in points that allow you to stealth better, use weapons that will allow you to incapacitate the enemy instead of killing them, to make the moral choices that will allow you to avoid killing people throughout the game.”

Players Will Always Have A Say In What’s Going On
From weapons and their customizations to augmentations and a whole lot else, it’s looking like players will be given a variety of options in how they can tackle any given situation during gameplay – you can even finish the entire game without killing anyone. As per CD Projekt RED’s Marcin Blacha, who’s working as the story director on Cyberpunk 2077, that’s been something that the studio has focused on a lot during development, and is something that will manifest in the game itself in various ways.
GamingBolt

3. What will happen now?
Gamescom will happen:
Cyberpunk 2077 will exhibit Gamescom 2019, which runs from August 20 to 24 at the Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany, developer CD Projekt RED announced.
Attendees will be able to watch Cyberpunk 2077 being played live by members of the development team at the game’s booth, which is located in Hall 6, Stand C049. These presentations will take place from August 21 to 24.
In addition to the public showing, media and trade visitors will be able to see a behind closed doors showing of the game from August 20 to 22.
Gematsu

At the gamescom CDPR will continue to show the game, in hands-off way. There will be (I think) closed-door presentations, but the gameplay shown during E3 will be released for public. Higher gear in the hypetrain seems inevitable.

I will try to keep this thread updated with Gamescom impressions (see post #2)

4. What after the Gamescom?
One can assume marketing campaing will be even more intense, and towards April 16th 2020 everyone should go on cyberpubk blackout not to spoil the game. And maybe we will hear about the delay to Q3 2020 or whatever.

The idea is to keep this thread alive untill there are previews available.

Why Ubisoft onboard? Big guys seem happy their game isn't launching with CP2077:
Today Ubisoft hosted its financial conference call for investors and analysts related to the first quarter of the fiscal year 2019-20, and executives from the company briefly talked about the last quarter of the year.
The executives were asked whether they feel more confident now that Cyberpunk 2077‘s release date has been announced for April 16, 2020, which places CD Projekt RED’s potential blockbuster game outside of the Q4 window, which would have put it in direct competition with Ubisoft’s big releases like Watch Dogs: Legion and Gods and Monsters.
Chief Financial Officer Frédérick Duguet admitted that it’s “good news that Cyberpunk is not in the quarter,” yet the company will remain cautious and stick to its assumption that there might be strong potential competition in Q4.
Knowing the story of CDPR I thought this was just so positive thing to read.You know they were a small studio with this booth at their first E3:

Last edited:

MadYarpen

15 minutes edit of Gamescom gameplay:

Gamescom impressions

Another batch of information from the Gamescom, biggest Polish site. They are known to love being as severe as possible:

- The fights are not revolutionary, but the shooting phases are still very solid for a RPG, without winning the brutality and nervousness of something like DOOM.

- There is so much to say about the world building, the sense of detail, the immersion, the care to bring to the discussions with the NPC, reinforcing a lot the immersion.

- The driving is very very arcade and Pacifica's roads are relatively empty (The area is supposed to be decommissioned so it seems normal).

- The boss fight they see was average with a big "shoot me here" on his back.

- There are a lot of elements where CD Projekt manages to excel, and some others area that are simply standard for an AAA. It is clear however that Cyberpunk will impose a minimum "must play" in the industry with its release.

- We spend so much time talking with the NPCs, walking, discovering the city that someone wishing to play for his side FPS side may be bored.

Plus, the tumblr where CD Projekt answers questions from fans:

- Full ragdoll simulation, each object and person will have its own weight to make the world more alive.

- Cyberpunk 2077 will be very little linear thanks to its gameplay and the interaction that will be between History and our actions.

- The way they go to model cars comes mainly from "How do we imagine the future of the car in the 70s". At that time, we did not think about doing things like Tesla's.

- The infiltration will naturally be more complicated in the areas controlled by the Corporations in view of the technological progress.

- CD Projekt considers that one of Night City's strong points is the interactivity that can be achieved with its Open World. For example, you can interact with a car other than just open it. You can hide behind, slide on the hood, climb on the roof and perform a double jump, load an enemy on the carapace of the vehicle, ... This way of doing has forced CD Projekt to design much more way to apprehend the level design of the Open World. Interactivity also means the way we interact with NPCs and how they interact with us. Sometimes it will be basic dialogues like "What do you want to drink?" approaching a store and sometimes it will be further dialogues leading to a quest smoothly.

- There will be underground in Night City. The city does not evolve only with its skyscrapers but also with its abandoned metro stations, underground laboratories and more, to see other things. It will also be very useful to pay attention where you go because how you evolve in the Open World will be decisive, on Earth as well as under Earth. The non-linearity of the gameplay will make you exploit its different levels to achieve your goals.

- Our design quest did not want to tell players if an action was good or bad. Your choices will be your responsibility so in the end, it will be possible to do really stupid things. For example, some choices may prevent you from accessing multiple quests, and other choices will radically change the purpose of a quest line.

- There will be many romances. It's not an encrypted system "Oh you said that, your relationship with X is increasing". They wanted to create an exchange between the player and the NPC by creating a series of likes & dislikes specific to each. By dint of interacting with an NPC, you will be able to go until the sexual relation if you are of its kind.

- They did not want to fill Night City as banal as other Open World. Instead of overloading the city, they have created a city that will discover itself, through exploration and because design naturally leads you to discover it.

- The side quests have been considered as a main quest in terms of interest. How to access it must be done naturally in Night City. Not because you were seeing the exclamation point but because at some point, for some reason, someone came to you or you went to meet an NPC. Most of the side quests are connected and will influence the main quest. Some are not, because they tell a totally different story. They also wanted each quest to be interesting for each type of player (corpo, gang, ...).

- There will be some animals, stray animals mainly because the food is scarce. The richest will have exotic animals, however the world of Cyberpunk is not conducive to a very rich natural ecosystem

- To understand the system of competence, it is necessary to differentiate the general level, the level of street cred and the level of each skill. One is independent of the other: by raising your general level, you will increases your attributes (cool, reflex, body, intelligence, ...) and this will influence what kind of character you have. Each level unlocks a point that can be spent in the branch of each attribute. For example, one can use his points in Body to unlock unique implants, having a lot of points in Cool will improve your social relationships, a high rate in Body will make you more intimidating. As a result, the more you practice a skill, the more you will increase your skill level and the more you will be able to invest in this branch in order to take perks improving its use. The level of a skill will also have an impact in your dialogues. A veteran hacker will unlock hacker-specific stores offering the best hardware in this industry. And finally, there is the Street Cred, a level reflecting your credibility to unlock more stores, more quests (because you are trusted). The clothing will also have its importance because it will participate in the perception of NPCs to you. Your choices through the game will also be important because it will change the perception of others (while remaining consistent). The life path will also be a variable to take into account. A corpo will have more facilities with the people of the High Society for example. With the personalization of V, they wanted to allow everyone to create a unique playthrought.

- A peaceful run in Cyberpunk is possible. Yes, it is possible to kill nobody, but no it won't be possible to never be violent. Night City is what it is, violence reigns permanently. Although death is not a mandatory solution, violence remains present. A "peaceful run" will naturally be much more complicated because the game will never tell you the consequences of your choice before they come to you. In the other direction, if a quest asks you not to kill a possible NPC, it will be possible to kill it. The quest will not be a failure but will be resolved in this way and afterwards, it will be up to you to deal with its consequences.

Some very good point, hype is not decreasing !

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

I contemplate buying an RTX card for this, what I have now still murders any game I throw at it, but Cyberpunk is a very special case, that will perhaps finally sell me on the technology Nvidia been tryin' to push.

Ovek

7Member7
I contemplate buying an RTX card for this, what I have now still murders any game I throw at it, but Cyberpunk is a very special case, that will perhaps finally sell me on the technology Nvidia been tryin' to push.

Same... Ray-tracing should look fantastic in this.

MadYarpen

I'm in. But goddamn guys, we're months away.
It is not a regular OT. There were days when we had like 10 threads about cyberpunk on first two pages - I hope now it will be more under control and easier to discuss the game.

Mods can always nanowire this thelread if they feel it is not right.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Super excited for release. Been a big CDPR fan since their first game and consider W3 to be one of the best games ever made. I literally just started reading Neuromancer(which started the cyberpunk genre) yesterday.

Has anyone been able to get a line on Cyberpunk Collectors Edition on PC? I've been looking online for a while now, had email alerts from Amazon when it was supposed to be released and nothing.

Was hoping to buy an RTX card by the time CP77 comes out to replace the 1080ti, but the 20xx series just isn't enough of a performance increase to justify the abhorrent price increase. I hope Nvidia releases a 30xx series sooner than later.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
unless i decide to upgrade my PC again and if Intel release new cpus before Cyberpunk then i'll probably need to play on PS4.

It is not a regular OT. There were days when we had like 10 threads about cyberpunk on first two pages - I hope now it will be more under control and easier to discuss the game.

Mods can always nanowire this thelread if they feel it is not right.
Lots and lots of Cyberpunk news have been surfacing lately. So we thought of rounding them up in one thread better
Of course, I wasn't complaining about the thread, but rather about the wait!

Mista

Banned
Anything related to Cyberpunk 2077 please write it here. Plenty of news have been surfacing lately and making a new thread of everything will turn this place to NeoCyberpunk ;p

Same... Ray-tracing should look fantastic in this.

I'd say wait, at least until when the features are in the game. Id say 50/50 its not going to launch with RT anyway. And also none of the games released thus far has made RT worth it imo. I guess maaaaybe Metro but even in that people sometimes can't even tell if RT was on or off except for the frame rate.

MadYarpen

Cyberpunk 2077 Will Have New Game Plus Mode

That's some solid info.

I hope ai will be OK, in shooters bad one can really spoil the immersion...

I wonder how the world is built. In the Witcher it was more of a canvas, simulating living breathing world, but it wasn't really alive, which was more evident at closer look or 2nd, 3rd, 4th playthrough.... As much as I love Wild Hunt, that was/is my biggest problem with this game. When you enter the same village for 5th time and the same boy is standing in the same place doing the same thing, as if he just started... And despite the war, the world wasn't changing, but it was static, the same all the time. I don't want it to be this way in CP.

The wicher needed more, and more complex npc daily routines. And let's say 2 more states of the world (changing as you move through the story, at least parts of maps controlled by north/nilfgaard, plus couple of new quests instead of getting all lvl 30+ quests at the beginning) to be closer to perfection. I hope they can achieve this with bigger team.

Holding off on my video card upgrade for this game.

Whatever is the best video card at the time of release is what I'm buying just to play this game at 100+ fps on best possible settings.

So stoked.

Last edited:

Komatsu

I haven't pre-ordered it, but having followed CDPR since the clunky days of the Aurora-based Witcher 1, it feels like my baby is finally leaving the house... I fully suspect this will be one of the biggest entertainment launches of all time.

MadYarpen

Your new PC will be outdated when the game comes out. If you built a PC for this game specifically you should have waited until March/April.
But a good pc built now should have no problems with this game. Rtx aside, it looks like a current gen title Imo.

I haven't pre-ordered it, but having followed CDPR since the clunky days of the Aurora-based Witcher 1, it feels like my baby is finally leaving the house... I fully suspect this will be one of the biggest entertainment launches of all time.
A little off topic, but it still amazes me what they did with aurora. Funny thing is, due to the engine the combat was technically turn-based, IIRC.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
if my shitty ass PC can run it then i'll buy it on PC. i'm not sure if i'm gonna upgrade it anymore though so we'll see......

if i can't play it on pc then i'm gonna get it on my PS4 (slim).

manfestival

That will not stop them from squeezing a 2080ti to the max.
To be fair, there are even some games out there now that are even on consoles that push a 2080ti... only due to the poor optimization from the developers. Age of Wonders:Starfall just came out and it is a good example of that.

SliChillax

To be fair, there are even some games out there now that are even on consoles that push a 2080ti... only due to the poor optimization from the developers. Age of Wonders:Starfall just came out and it is a good example of that.
Metro Exodus is the main example. It's been out for some time and a 2080ti struggles with it. People hoping for a current high end pc to max this game at 60fps 4k are in for a nasty surprise in April.

MadYarpen

Metro Exodus is the main example. It's been out for some time and a 2080ti struggles with it. People hoping for a current high end pc to max this game at 60fps 4k are in for a nasty surprise in April.
So what is your estimate for cyberpunk to play it comfortably @:
1080p with / without RT
1440p with / without RT?

Depending on whether or not I'll buy a new monitor I will be aiming at one of those, after upgrading from RX580.

MadAnon

What exactly Metro has to do with Cyberpunk? 2 different games, engines, developers. That's like saying after the Crysis release in 2007 "If people hope to max out Far Cry 2 they are in for a nasty surprise in October of 2008."
What's your basis?

2080ti averages even less fps in older Deus Ex Mankind Divided. If people hope to max out Metro Exodus at 4k60fps, they are in for a nasty surprise. But tell me which game looks much better and also runs better.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
cyberpunk-2077-image-2.jpg

Cyberpunk 2077’s Story Is Aimed At Adults And Tackles Difficult Themes, Says Game’s Lead Quest Designer

In an interview with Polish Radio, which you can see below, Lead Quest Designer Pawel Sasko said that the game’s story will be made with an adult audience in mind. He says it will tackle things in not so black and white ways, making you question the morality of V, your main player character, and the actions he/she are ultimately forced into. He also promises the game will tackle some themes that many shy away from, but ones 2077 will tackle head on (thanks to Reddit user OneWingedHawk for translations).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom