• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 HypeTrain | Just breathe (No leaks)

What platform are you going to play on?

• PC

Votes: 612 50.1%
  • PS4 Amateur

Votes: 84 6.9%
  • PS4 Pro

Votes: 139 11.4%
  • XBox 1

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Xbox 1 X

Votes: 130 10.6%
  • Waiting for the next gen

Votes: 377 30.9%
  • Stadia

Votes: 13 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mista

Banned
Cyberpunk 2077 Developer Says Multiplayer May Not Come to the Game Post-Launch

In a new interview with Eurogamer, Cyberpunk 2077‘s senior concept artist Marthe Jonkers discusses the possibility of multiplayer being added to the game.

“It’s possible if it doesn’t fit, it doesn’t fit,” says Jonkers. “We would never make anything that’s not at least The Witcher standard for Cyberpunk. I don’t know what the future holds but we will make sure everything we make will be high quality.”

Jonkers goes onto mention how important immersion is over at CD Projekt Red and how it’s important for them to get things right. Additionally, they don’t just want to add a multiplayer mode for the sake of adding one.

“We are doing R&D into multiplayer but we’re focusing on single-player experience, and that’s what you’ll get in 2020,” Jonkers continues. “It doesn’t mean we’re saying no multiplayer, but it doesn’t mean we’re saying yes either. It’s still an R&D phase.”

Jonkers also mentions how the team at CD Projekt Red grew from 200 people on The Witcher 3 to over 400 for Cyberpunk 2077. Additionally, he says the team is focused on crafting an open world game where the story can go in multiple directions which will lead to multiple endings for the game. Furthermore, players can customize who their character is and the relationships they form with others.

Mista

Banned
CD Projekt Red is Still “Looking For a Suitable Idea” for New Game Plus in Cyberpunk 2077

In a new interview with Gamespot, Cyberpunk 2077‘s producer Richard Borzymowski discusses adding a new game plus mode that fits the game.
“What I can tell you is we are looking into a suitable idea for implementing New Game Plus. If and how has yet to be seen and talked about.”
“Let’s go with the two most basic approaches to New Game Plus, or whatever. Complete example: either you finish the game and you’ve left the open world, or you can start a new game with the character you’ve previously developed. With the first approach, in our case, the benefit of replaying or playing more is that there are many, many, activities. I presume that most players will first finish the story rather than do everything there is because that’s pretty time-consuming. The other approach basically funnels you into one of the playstyles, right? So we’re looking for a way to ensure that you’re able to keep your progression, but are you still able to take a different path in order to see one of those parts that was hidden behind one of those actual choices. And we will probably get to something, but it’s too early to talk exactly how, because we want to make sure that it fits [Cyberpunk]. Everything we want to do, we want to fit.”

Mista

Banned
That nano wire...

cgpn0v9.jpg

TeamGhobad

Banned
The game seems batshit insane enough. It doesn’t need multiplayer.

could be cool if you had a shared world with friends, and you had to recruit goons and they had different stats. and the game was about taking over territory, doing heists, buying businesses, setting up drug labs. assassinations. ect ect.

mcz117chief

So, why should I be hyped really? It looks ok, nothing really special. Just another Deus Ex which will never be as cool as the original imo (or maybe it will which would be awesome, not holding my breath though). I see this becoming another decent 7 or 8/10 game but will obviously get those 10/10 from the big websites. Nothing about it looks new or interesting. We have had dozens of cyberpunk and steampunk games, how about some dieselpunk games too? Those are in very short supply (Warhammer 40k is probably the only one we got really).

Ivory Blood

So, why should I be hyped really? It looks ok, nothing really special. Just another Deus Ex which will never be as cool as the original imo (or maybe it will which would be awesome, not holding my breath though). I see this becoming another decent 7 or 8/10 game but will obviously get those 10/10 from the big websites. Nothing about it looks new or interesting. We have had dozens of cyberpunk and steampunk games, how about some dieselpunk games too? Those are in very short supply (Warhammer 40k is probably the only one we got really).
The biggest open world RPG ever created in a dense urban environment with unrivaled verticality and giant crowds of NPCs. Which also allows you to create your own, fully voiced character, whose past and interactions with the game world are all taken into account and have impact on everything you do. Dialogue system, weapon and skill progression, style and clothes customisation on the level of GTA Online. Plus while we did indeed have cyberpunk games in recent years, we didn't have this fully realised living and breathing world straight out of GitS.

If that isn't enough to get you a little bit hyped, well, I don't know what to say to you.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

The biggest open world RPG ever created in a dense urban environment with unrivaled verticality and giant crowds of NPCs. Which also allows you to create your own, fully voiced character, whose past and interactions with the game world are all taken into account and have impact on everything you do. Dialogue system, weapon and skill progression, style and clothes customisation on the level of GTA Online. Plus while we did indeed have cyberpunk games in recent years, we didn't have this fully realised living and breathing world straight out of GitS.

If that isn't enough to get you a little bit hyped, well, I don't know what to say to you.
Hmm, guess it just isn't my thing then, hope you'll have fun though, looks ambitious. It would probably melt my GTX 970 anyway.

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

Well. It seems it'll only be a short 15 minute trailer this time, not a full gameplay walkthrough like last year.

Source.

Hey everyone!

We’re in Cologne, Germany, and gamescom is in full swing — we’ve already met with so many wonderful community members! For those of you at home — wherever home is — well, we’re not forgetting about you either.

Next week we’re going to host a stream during which we’ll unveil a 15-minute edit of what we’ve been showing to journalists and gamers here at gamescom, and then interview devs from the studio for additional information on what you just saw. Expect a lot of insight into the thought process behind creative decisions, information about Pacifica—one of the districts of Night City—and TONS of stuff on playstyles you’ll be able to adopt when you launch Cyberpunk 2077 next year.

This stream will be available for everyone to watch, so all of you, wherever you are, have a chance to feel a bit of gamescom — or any other trade show — at home. Hosting the entire thing will be our very own Hollie Bennett, our UK head of comms, and the dev line up will include some familiar faces you know and like.

There’s one additional announcement we have for you: we initially planned to showcase gameplay at PAX West, but there’s been a change of plans, and we’ll be streaming from Warsaw. The PAX cosplay contest is still on; we just won’t have the dev panel on-site this time around. There are many logistical (and some creative) reasons behind this decision, but the most important thing we want to say is that we’re sorry for the change of plans. We know that many of you waited to meet us face to face in Seattle and it bums us out that we won’t be able to see each other there.

Watch the stream August 30th, 8PM CEST (11AM PT) on the official CD PROJEKT RED Twitch and Mixer channels.

MadYarpen

That looks stunning, but I still wonder why they decided to show only 15 minutes curated gameplay at the last moment. Were the complaints about gunplay that severe?
I understand they want to cut out the spoilers.

I am sure we will see the gunplay and will be able to judge, but if we don't then you might have a point. I would wait with jumping to conclusions though, it is only a week.

sertopico

its not GTA online, cause it has RPG elements to it. AND its not a shared world with other people ONLY friends. No randoms.
Doesn't change much. I think it would make the RPG component (above all the quests) too simplified in order to reach a wider fruibility. What you described in your previous post is basically what happens in GTA online, the only discriminant is the fact you play with strangers.

Dries

So is this also the thread where we can speculate about the PC System Requirements? If not, then sorry... but I was wondering how the 4K with 2080 Ti users are experiencing the recent news surrounding the RTX implementation. As we all know, ray tracing has such a performance impact that it's not even sure if a 2080 Ti will be able to get 30 fps with 4K/Ultra AND all RTX effects on Ultra (I hope it will obviously).

Do you guys think there's any possibility that the new 30XX Nvidia GPU's will release around the same time of Cyberpunk's release? A 3080 Ti seems like the safest bet for a guarantee to max out the game completely.

But if not, what's the best choice? 1440p with RTX on? Or 4K with RTX off/low? Or maybe the end product will be so optimised an 2080 Ti would be enough! Who knows? Will CDPR ever clarify this before launch you think? I really despise all these unknowns...

Last edited:

MadYarpen

That's interesting question. I would also add something more to speculate, i.e. how should I look at 1080p or 1440p with / without RT on :) Because in my case, I may upgrade my monitor and will surely upgrade GPU for this game, so that's important question what can I expect.

sertopico

So is this also the thread where we can speculate about the PC System Requirements? If not, then sorry... but I was wondering how the 4K with 2080 Ti users are experiencing the recent news surrounding the RTX implementation. As we all know, ray tracing has such a performance impact that it's not even sure if a 2080 Ti will be able to get 30 fps with 4K/Ultra AND all RTX effects on Ultra (I hope it will obviously).

Do you guys think there's any possibility that the new 30XX Nvidia GPU's will release around the same time of Cyberpunk's release? A 3080 Ti seems like the safest bet for a guarantee to max out the game completely.

But if not, what's the best choice? 1440p with RTX on? Or 4K with RTX off/low? Or maybe the end product will be so optimised an 2080 Ti would be enough! Who knows? Will CDPR ever clarify this before launch you think? I really despise all these unknowns...
We need to wait and see. What I know for now, is that they won't use ray traced GI, which is the most taxing feature. I am also sure that next gen series will be able to handle these effects much better. This 2xxx series is more like an expensive experiment than anything else.

TeamGhobad

Banned
Doesn't change much. I think it would make the RPG component (above all the quests) too simplified in order to reach a wider fruibility. What you described in your previous post is basically what happens in GTA online, the only discriminant is the fact you play with strangers.

well GTA online in FPS with a cyberpunk setting, doesn't sound that bad.

Dries

We need to wait and see. What I know for now, is that they won't use ray traced GI, which is the most taxing feature. I am also sure that next gen series will be able to handle these effects much better. This 2xxx series is more like an expensive experiment than anything else.

Oh, are you sure they aren’t using the GI RTX implementation? Cause I’ve read that they will. But either way, it’s still super unclear what kind of RTX techniques we’ll be seeing in the final product

As for your second point: you’re absolutely right. But if those cards aren’t releasing till end 2020 or 2021 people won’t want to wait that long. I know I don’t.

MadYarpen

Oh, are you sure they aren’t using the GI RTX implementation? Cause I’ve read that they will. But either way, it’s still super unclear what kind of RTX techniques we’ll be seeing in the final product

As for your second point: you’re absolutely right. But if those cards aren’t releasing till end 2020 or 2021 people won’t want to wait that long. I know I don’t.
Maybe "big" Navi will be an option....

sertopico

I read somewhere they were going to use it for diffuse lighting, but I just read a couple of articles right now and they are pretty much vague about the implementation. I'm in doubt now.

Regarding your second statement, I think nVidia will make sure something comes out right after the game gets published. They won't miss the opportunity with such an anticipated game.

Last edited:

GamingKaiju

I'm so thirsty waiting for the new game play made available to the public. I want this game so bad April can get here soon enough.

Ofc my PC will probably die trying to play this at max settings lol

Dries

Regarding your second statement, I think nVidia will make sure something comes out right after the game gets published. They won't miss the opportunity with such an anticipated game.

As long as they let us know beforehand, so I don’t buy a 2080 Ti a week before release only to realize that the new GPU’s are in stock on the 17th of april lol.

sertopico

As long as they let us know beforehand, so I don’t buy a 2080 Ti a week before release only to realize that the new GPU’s are in stock on the 17th of april lol.
Expect everything from nVidia, see for instance the "Super" models. If I were you I would skip this series and be patient, also to check whether AMD will do (hopefully) any move in order to bring some healthy competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom