• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 HypeTrain | Just breathe (No leaks)

What platform are you going to play on?

• PC

Votes: 612 50.1%
  • PS4 Amateur

Votes: 84 6.9%
  • PS4 Pro

Votes: 139 11.4%
  • XBox 1

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Xbox 1 X

Votes: 130 10.6%
  • Waiting for the next gen

Votes: 377 30.9%
  • Stadia

Votes: 13 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Romulus

I'm really tempted to wait and see if they do a VR version. Even if they don't, by that time all the DLC will be available to jump in with a next-gen version with upgraded visuals. Win/win other than the wait, which I don't mind really.

The only thing that triggs me and bugs me , is that all this beauty, effort and potential etc was built for current gen on the Zen..imagine this on Scarlet from the ground up 🤤🤤🤤🤤😋😋😋😋...you feel me 👊

Filben

I wonder if they know your character can ALSO be black?
I also wonder if killing white dudes would be less disgusting?

TW3 got flak for not having black people at all. Cyperpunk has, but as it happens just in this video—and I'm sure you will be able to kill thousands of white people—there are black people, it's not about representation anymore (because we can finally put a mark on it), but that you kill them? I mean, should they be invincible like children in Fallout 3/New Vegas? I swear, someone is noclipping/cheating somewhere and manages to kill someone and gets angry that it is still possible.

To quote from a book I'm reading, with three main antagonists called Cut Throat Bill (sadistic white piece of trash), Nigger Pete (sadistic black piece of trash), and Fatty (sadistic white fat piece of trash), and with six heroes: Eustace (a black person, bad tracker, good with pistols), Shorty (a midget, brutal, smart), Jack (teenage boy, too Christian and soft at the beginning, but clever). Jimmie Sue (a whore who can shoot and hit), Winton (now sheriff, former bounty hunter, badass dude), and Hog (a hog, eats off faces of bad dead people, doesn't care about skin color):
"They [Comanche] had dragged her by rope through the thorns before they stuck her, and impaled the poor darling in such a way the child could not wiggle off. If it had, it wouldn't have mattered. The wound was horrid enough to insure its death."
"The monsters," I said.
"They are humans," Shorty said. "So therefore your word is accurate."
"Human?" I said. "There is nothing human about something like that."
"I have known of men to rape and murder Indians with the easy understanding that they are not quite human. I am sure Eustace [the black hero] can tell you unpleasant and accurate stories about how colored are treated by white men, so I will not defend either white man, Indian, or colored against their basic nature. I hate them all evenly, including myself. No use expecting more from humans than they are capable of."

Thing is, in this book, in this story, even the good guys done some bad shit. The heroes, Indians, white people, black people, everyone went mad. Everyone is being capable of if pushed by whatever factors.

A bunch of black people call themselves Animals. So? There black people calling themselves by the n-word. People often show this kind of behavior: "you think we are animals? We will show you!". It's the whole premises of the movie Easy A, with Emma Stone: "people judge me and think I'm a whore? Okay, then let's have it that way!" There thousands of books written about 'identity' and 'self-concept' and I can tell you that this depiction could be very well very accurate. These black dudes the player CAN kill (but don't HAVE TO) is just one group of trash you probably have no issues with killing them. Same as bad white dude, bad females.

I think this shit starts inside one's own mind, the racism, that you see black people, the name "animals" and that you (can) kill them. You don't see them as bad dudes who may deserved it first, you see their skin color before everything else. Not, though, if they are white.

People shitting on CDPR twist their own logic to confirm a hypothesis they want to see confirmed; it's already there, they bend the narrative to support their theory: CDPR enable white supremacists fantasies.

TeamGhobad

Banned
Anyone else hate the new brown colored meny system? also we can't customize body types either, i wanted to make a thicc femV =(

Z9AcPvb.png

GV82

Why do they need an extensive deep character creator system the moment they chose FPP? they could have axed that section or maybe basic stuff anyway. there is no use for it :s extremely puzzling, when all you see is a pair of arms like 80-90% of the game anyways, Like who cares make basic so the arms are detailed but the rest of the body there is no need for it.

Mirror reflections, maybe cut scenes (though I did hear that less cutscreens may use your character in 3rd Person now too) and riding on the bike is the only time you will see it the most.

Bizarre.

As bizarre as including flying cars that you cannot fly as they are on rails & for cutscenes only.

Oh yeah they included boats too but you cannot drive those either, nor go in every building.

This game has become or is becoming very limited with what you can do.

Cyberpunk 2077 limited edition, as in limited to what the game can do.

2012 me was - hook it to my veins when I saw the concept trailer
2019 me when I got more info on the game is - I’m gonna consider it at sale and buy Watchdogs Legion instead & bug Ubisoft to add flying Cars as dlc since they have drones you can ride.

Thabass

Anyone else hate the new brown colored meny system? also we can't customize body types either, i wanted to make a thicc femV =(

Z9AcPvb.png

Pretty sure the UI color is customizable. The in-game is all red. I assume it was done like this so the player could change the colors to their liking. I guess we'll see tho.

scalman

What most visiable i would say its lighting in some scenes it looks very basic . So no matter how bad youtube compression is on picture lighting is what is visiable still. And its not the best
this was kinda hard to watch
8Nni75P.jpg

Last edited:
That was quite the chopped up slice of vertical gameplay. Pretty fucked up after a year of incessant hype and endless marketing dribble.

The things I'm most worried about from this game are not addressed or shown at all. The open world, the freedom of traversal and approaches to accomplishing mission objectives.

I think people need to stop calling this an immersive sim. It's obvious the missions and story are scripted to hell and back with predefined junctures allowing you to choose-your-own-adventure, if you will, seemingly through dialogue choices. Hacking, stealth, or guns blazing options to get to that junction point does not make a game immersive sim, at least not in my opinion.

I was hoping the pc graphics would improve from last year to match the initial trailer but looks like for some reason they are parring back some visuals which is strange.

Gunplay on the other hand looked fine to me. i thought it looked pretty decent last year too. A little more punch to the audio and more kickback on the rifles should fix most peoples problems..

scalman

at least they could put on it xbox button layout so everyone would think its xbox fault lol . now its just unclear. was it just too ambition for consoles to handle ?

D2xXeLS.gif

Last edited:

Terenty

at least they could put on it xbox button layout so everyone would think its xbox fault lol . now its just unclear. was it just too ambition for consoles to handle ?

D2xXeLS.gif

Are they sure they scanned Keanu Reeves into the game? Looks like a run of the mill hobo in glasses in the second clip

Cosmogony

This demo doesn't seem to have won people over, on the contrary. The overwhelming reaction seems to be of disappointment. Maybe the demo was rushed, due to some unforeseen event, or just a faux pas by the marketing team.

Either way, CDPR now have some catching up to do. I hope there's time and discernment to fix and polish what needs fixing and polishing and have an exciting demo ready for the Game Awards in December.

If not, then a delay might not be such a bad idea.

MadYarpen

I think the actual parts of the game looked great, presenting deep systems and detailed world.

Thing is you have to think about it, look for this greatness I would say. Because the idea for the video is terrible. Doesn't do the game any favours. I am not really sure what I watched...

Also I don't think the gunplay is weak. Maybe this big gun from the turret was a bit underwhelming, but the rest seems fine for me.

But video... Eh.

E:

The way the video is made robs it from any wow moments. You don't know what is a cutscene, what is gameplay. I think that if it was immersive gameplay video (like the first one), the tub moment could have been great. Now it just was there. The same with the chopper shooting the building. If they actually shew some stealth part of the game, and then at some point they hacked this bot and training machine it would be great - but not shown separately, as 15 seconds snippet. I think such moments are memorable when they follow intense stealth part.

Bad PR job or whatever.

Last edited:

MadAnon

Visually the game looks so meh. Characters look like shiny plastic and ugly. Dare I say it looks barely better than Deus Ex. Red Dead Redemption 2 looks far superior to this and it was made for this gen too.

Last edited:
The downgrade is really gross. Anyway, the good version of this game will be playable on PC or next-gen consoles. If you mean to play it on a PS4 or XBOX X , just don't.
How can it be a downgrade if the game has not even released yet?

Downgraded from what?

Last edited:

RedVIper

Banned
The gameplay in witcher 3 was pretty bad so I never had high hopes in that department. But hopefully the rest makes up for it.

scalman

it was not rushed demo it was old done and showed demo and it was longer so its pretty early build and others seen it before and liked it , so maybe something happened with our version not sure. but its wierd when they showed before some nvidia RTX screens so good looking and now we get this demo , which doesnt look like have RTX or any of those HBAO stuff in there. and game should have all cutscnenes in engine shouldnt it ?
but then dont being too picky and just geting over that stuff its pretty interesting other stuff where you creating and leveling up yourself in game

B5MSeEb.png

yVNKDIy.png

FxXjVQQ.png

HRQmdAP.png

dnAVGSq.png

TqGfGBZ.png

kkzfWHx.png

Last edited:

scalman

How can it be a downgrade if the game has not even released yet?

Downgraded from what?

it could be downgraded from build to build , first they shown super amazing looking pc port and then they showed something from console maybe and thats where you see whats changed . but it could go better to final release sure or just be bad choice to show bad moments

MadYarpen

I don't know, in the first gameplay I also thought "this is current gen game no doubt", it's the same this time. I'm not saying there are no differences, but this looks similar to me.

But surely someone will make some comparisons, I hope they'll upload good quality video somewhere. YT compression is never nice.

Mista

Banned
What most visiable i would say its lighting in some scenes it looks very basic . So no matter how bad youtube compression is on picture lighting is what is visiable still. And its not the best
this was kinda hard to watch
8Nni75P.jpg
Comparing a cinematic trailer with a gameplay trailer?

Terenty

but its wierd when they showed before some nvidia RTX screens so good looking and now we get this demo , which doesnt look like have RTX or any of those HBAO stuff in there. and game should have all cutscnenes in engine shouldnt it ?

I see you are not familiar with a concept of bullshots

D2xXeLS.gif
The first one is CGI. The entire trailer that first one came from was clearly CGI.

This isn't the downgrade you're pretending it is.

The first one is CGI. The entire trailer that first one came from was clearly CGI.

This isn't the downgrade you're pretending it is.
Perhaps not...but ask yourself...does that bottom one even look like Keanu Reeves? If you were presented with that image and didn't know it was supposed to be him would you recognize him? I'm not sure I would. Even putting the wonky face aside the gameplay "shallow paddle" didn't look that impressive graphically. It was noticably worse than 2018's demo. I'm really hoping that's console gameplay...because if it's not...wew lad.

scalman

still will play game but it could fix some stuff like lighting , because that can ruin many things, skin looks plasticy , places looks flat and such.
that looks same place where keanu was but its looks nothing like shown in demo, so perhaps it will be this clean on pc at least
cyberpunk-2077-nvidia-geforce-e3-2019-rtx-on-exclusive-4k-in-game-screenshot-001.png

so this was taken from previous 48 min demo that was pure gameplay , and it looks much better. same style just screenshot from youtube video, so something is wrong with this new gameplay video then
TeEU6rx.png

im still blown away from that first gameplay they showed us , but im not impressed from this new one . they dont look same quality at all

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member
Graphics doesn't look that impressive. Should have gone all in on next gen on this one. Of course they do want to take advantage of the huge console install base at the end of this generation.

scalman

depends on where you look, if not look at last gameplay demo just to look at those amazing screenshots that pure sharp and lots details then it looks just amazing , or even previous demo looks amazing. so maybe its just weakest console version looks that way.
or we will get worse case and this is almost final build what we see now .

Last edited:

Boss Mog

I'm still hoping for a delay on this game so that they can launch a next gen version along the current gen one. It's clear that current gen is gonna struggle with this game.

Terenty

depends on where you look, if not look at last gameplay demo just to look at those amazing screenshots that pure sharp and lots details then it looks just amazing , or even previous demo looks amazing. so maybe its just weakest console version looks that way.
or we will get worse case and this is almost final build what we see now .

This demo is running on 2080ti, so yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom