• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 HypeTrain | Just breathe (No leaks)

What platform are you going to play on?

• PC

Votes: 612 50.1%
  • PS4 Amateur

Votes: 84 6.9%
  • PS4 Pro

Votes: 139 11.4%
  • XBox 1

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Xbox 1 X

Votes: 130 10.6%
  • Waiting for the next gen

Votes: 377 30.9%
  • Stadia

Votes: 13 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I truly doubt that, but let's say it releases in a bad shape - I'm sure the game will patched for another year or so anyway. There is just very little chance that CDPR fucks this up. They didn't make TW3 so good by accident, they know what they are doing.
It’s also worth noting they’ve pissed off SJW journalists so bad reviews may come regardless of game quality.

Kssio_Aug

Will definitely wait my Series S to play this one. I am really excited though... one of my most anticipated games.

MarlboroRed

Its hard to stay hyped for almost 7 years. They announced it too early. The footage released so far doesn't blow me away like I wanted it to, but besides the rigid gunplay it does look solid on all other levels.

Its an RPG at the end of the day, I think you will have to sit down and spend time with it to appreciate what and how it does what it does.

Given CDPR has taken themselves this much time with it indicates they not only want to live up to expectations but to exceed them. I think going in with tempered expectations will result in a very, very pleasant surprise.

So yeah, I'm very much looking forward to it. I'm not counting the days to release, but I still can't wait to see it run on my setup.

It’s also worth noting they’ve pissed off SJW journalists so bad reviews may come regardless of game quality.

That's a good point I wanted to make.

I cannot be entirely sure a fraction of the press will not attempt to look self-righteous by reflecting external factors like Crunch or alleged but fictional transphobia on the final score the game gets.

imbrock

Banned
That would be pretty strange considering the game has some of the best representation for minorities seen in gaming basically ever. Though there are a lot of Liberal (not left) but liberal journalists that just love making controversy where none exists. Luckily in the real world people are all pretty enthusiastically positive for this game and I can't see it receiving anything but positive reception. As long as the gameplay is as good as everyone hopes anyway.

dtl2jy4qmns51.jpg

MadYarpen

I can sense the highside coming in the next seconds. There won't be any of course because this is a game but it gives me chills.

regawdless

Banned
I hope all the surrounding debates didn't make them abandon "troubling" or "inappropriate" content. This is Cyberpunk, I expect a fucked up society and morally challenging decisions.

To see how the likes of era reacted to the game so far, I fully expect an outrage and blaming campaign once the game actually releases though.
Let's hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Looks like it was rushed and will need a lot of work after launch.
I learned my lesson after The Witcher 2 - don't buy their stuff until it's fixed. Literally every game they make is launched in a poor state, not just technically but also in terms of design. All three Witcher games were overhauled over the course of a year, Gwent is a slow-motion trainwreck that managed to spawn a flop spin-off and the minor games they launched were abandoned without being fixed.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I'll wait for a PS5 native version, no hurry anyhow.

Derp

I don't get how this is surprising. It's like everyone chose to ignore 3 years ago when multiple ex devs said the game has been mismanaged real bad and no one knows wtf they are doing. Yong has a video on it. Another dev laat year compared it to Anthem's development.

There was even a thread on gaf saying production prior to 2016 had all been scrapped according to some source. Guess we'll never know if that was true, but if it was it would explain quite a lot.

The game definitely doesn't give off that gritty vibe the 2013 trailer had.

Also weird seeing how many features were promised and then removed before we even saw much of the game. Car customisation gone, multiple purchasable appartments gone, can't ride the subway/ncart, no wallrunning, no third person cutscenes.

Rushed for sure. 8 years is a pretty long time to play with but I guess when planning sucks this is the result.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
It will be interesting which console has the better version and how the differences manifest. Faster SSD vs Faster GPU/Processor.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I'm waiting to see the best version before I pre-order 😊

The full next gen version don't even have a release date yet. Both next gen consoles will have an enhanced/boosted mode on day one for those playing the PS4/XB1 versions.

In that regard they will most likely be the same, with only real differences coming when the full versions are out.

Hostile_18

Banned
The full next gen version don't even have a release date yet. Both next gen consoles will have an enhanced/boosted mode on day one for those playing the PS4/XB1 versions.

In that regard they will most likely be the same, with only real differences coming when the full versions are out.

Maybeee but when was a game last released in complete parity. I suppose the differences will be minimal but no harm in waiting for comparisons.

wolywood

Not that anyone cares, but it was confirmed today that the Stadia version will also be launching on November 19 after CDPR said it would be coming "later this year". Maybe Google is finally getting their act together.

Vyndktvx

Neo Member
Fuck I’m excited to watch the videos after work. Did we get confirmation there will be one more NCW? I wonder what they could possibly have left to show at this point.

Fuck I’m excited to watch the videos after work. Did we get confirmation there will be one more NCW? I wonder what they could possibly have left to show at this point.

Yes, a new NCW episode was confirmed.

They still have music/OST, possible minigames, the Web, Console footage, RPG mechanics like crafting and, last but not least, announcements of the free DLC's and paid expansion's, which in the case of TW3 were announced before launch, if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Interesting thing about this game.

1. It is cyberpunk so gender and sex are basically out the window.

2. It is cyberpunk so everything is hyper sexualized and objectified.

What will Reeee do?

I for one am in love with this game's bold sexiness and desire to just...fucking...go...there. More video games need to be this daring, and not worry about what the puritanical regressive left gets offended by. Sex and objectification in entertainment aren't bad things as long as it is equally distributed and makes sense with the lore/setting. I hope this sparks a revolution that leads to games that push boundaries with little to no care about who it offends. In my dreams this sells better than the Witcher 3. It would be great if cyberpunk, along with its themes, became a permanent staple in media.

Lastly, even though it is super fucked up, I feel like I would rather live in Night City than where the real world is headed...1984. :(

Last edited:
Interesting thing about this game.

1. It is cyberpunk so gender and sex are basically out the window.

2. It is cyberpunk so everything is hyper sexualized and objectified.

What will Reeee do?

Generalizing, they've been accusing CDPR of transphobia -a term whose meaning they're oblivious to and/or misapply - they have been accusing CDPR of transphobia for ages now and have declared them guilty as charged in the High ResetEra court.

Everywhere they look they see confirmation of what they've already decided is true and I would predict nothing CDPR shows, not even the game itself, will ever appease them. Just today Cyberpunk 2077 official Twitter promoted a cosplay with what could be perceived as an allusion to trans people and, of course, they are at it again choosing to take the worst possible, least charitable interpretation of the situation.

Hopefully, this will also show some people sitting on the fence rationality has long abandoned that building.
And who could blame rationality?

I for one am in love with this games bold sexiness and desire to just...fucking...go...there. More video games need to be this daring, and not worry about what the puritanical regressive left gets offended by. Sex and objectification in entertainment aren't bad things as long as it is equally distributed and makes sense with the lore/setting.

Well, we can have that discussion in the appropriate thread.

Other devs should pay attention.

Hopefully, the commercial success of Cyberpunk 2077 will coincide with a small tactical defeat of Resetera.

Maybe I'm just used to Fifth Element or Altered Carbon or even The Expanse but ... this game kinda looks like a Scifi GTA mod ? It comes off kinda weird, and a bit odd in terms of trying to be Cyberpunk while all the same time not being... Punkish enough I don't know just my observation based on the videos.

Dampf

Do we know what all this footage is running on? I’m guessing all PC?
Could be Series X without next gen patches.

We know this was running with TAA and it does use SSR. If it was the PC version we'd definately be looking at RT reflections and DLSS running at 60 FPS. Anyway, it certainly looks impressive!

Last edited:

Dorohedoro

Ok I wasn't really wasn't feeling those trailers in the last NCW, namely the postcards and gangs trailer which I thought were a bit cringey at times but the rides/styles trailers were pretty cool, brought my hype back up a bit. Obviously it's not gonna look as good as all the PC footage they've shown so far but I just hope it looks/runs decent enough on base PS4. CDPR pls.

Maybe I'm just used to Fifth Element or Altered Carbon or even The Expanse but ... this game kinda looks like a Scifi GTA mod ? It comes off kinda weird, and a bit odd in terms of trying to be Cyberpunk while all the same time not being... Punkish enough I don't know just my observation based on the videos.
Man I could not disagree more - are you strictly speaking about being able to fly cars? Or something else

Madflavor

Does it bother anyone else that there's a serious lack of attractive women in the game? I thought the studio that brought us Yen, Triss, Ciri, etc from TW3, would deliver some serious waifu material in CP77, but jesus fuck the romance options so far are so underwhelming. I think a big reason why so many fans went nuts over Judy, is because she the most attractive woman in the game. By a country mile. Not that it matters for Male V cause it's looking like she only prefers women based on what we've heard. Meredith Stout is okay...I guess. I dunno, I was looking at some of the art and this caught my eye:

main-qimg-bc7961236dc94e1e9547d4903e36959b

I mean come on now, why the fuck isn't that girl a character in the game? Her face kinda reminds me of Jack from Mass Effect., or Lily James if she wore makeup like that. I wanna go on high speed chases through Night City with this girl riding shotgun, getting into firefights, and fucking her over a pile of cash when we get back to V's apartment. Ultimately I'm sure it won't affect my enjoyment of the game, but CDPR dropped that ball in my eyes on this front.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Does it bother anyone else that there's a serious lack of attractive women in the game? I thought the studio that brought us Yen, Triss, Ciri, etc from TW3, would deliver some serious waifu material in CP77, but jesus fuck the romance options so far are so underwhelming. I think a big reason why so many fans went nuts over Judy, is because she the most attractive woman in the game. By a country mile. Not that it matters for Male V cause it's looking like she only prefers women based on what we've heard. Meredith Stout is okay...I guess. I dunno, I was looking at some of the art and this caught my eye:

main-qimg-bc7961236dc94e1e9547d4903e36959b

I mean come on now, why the fuck isn't that girl a character in the game? Her face kinda reminds me of Jack from Mass Effect., or Lily James if she wore makeup like that. I wanna go on high speed chases through Night City with this girl riding shotgun, getting into firefights, and fucking her over a pile of cash when we get back to V's apartment. Ultimately I'm sure it won't affect my enjoyment of the game, but CDPR dropped that ball in my eyes on this front.

Why? Because Resetera

dottme

I see this thread. I see I voted to wait for next gen. But now I don't know if I'll be able to resist. It looks really good. :messenger_grimmacing_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom