• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 HypeTrain | Just breathe (No leaks)

What platform are you going to play on?

• PC

Votes: 612 50.1%
  • PS4 Amateur

Votes: 84 6.9%
  • PS4 Pro

Votes: 139 11.4%
  • XBox 1

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Xbox 1 X

Votes: 130 10.6%
  • Waiting for the next gen

Votes: 377 30.9%
  • Stadia

Votes: 13 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadYarpen

I would prefer to see the RPG side. Another quest, some dialogues, maybe solving a quest with your non-combat/stealth skills? Some character development, a cutsene and you have a gameplay video.

Because despite all the GTA comparisons, this is supposed to be an RPG. I know it is hard to show this without spoilers, but recently they are focussing on the stuff which is not the core of the game, I think. Ok, lifepaths video was nice, but weapons, cars, while awesome, will not, ultimately, make the game what it really is. Or at least I hope they won't.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I just want to know if I can mod Judge Dredd into this one day. If so, I’ll buy the best PC I can just to play as him in Mega City O - sorry... Night City.

Dredd_Apocalypse_War.jpg

Have they talked about the npcs are they dynamic or do they follow a set path,what I liked about watchdogs is the npcs are either doing yoga,or fishing,fighting or killing each other,playing fetch with dogs,etc.

Vyndktvx

Neo Member
Does it bother anyone else that there's a serious lack of attractive women in the game? I thought the studio that brought us Yen, Triss, Ciri, etc from TW3, would deliver some serious waifu material in CP77, but jesus fuck the romance options so far are so underwhelming. I think a big reason why so many fans went nuts over Judy, is because she the most attractive woman in the game. By a country mile. Not that it matters for Male V cause it's looking like she only prefers women based on what we've heard. Meredith Stout is okay...I guess. I dunno, I was looking at some of the art and this caught my eye:

main-qimg-bc7961236dc94e1e9547d4903e36959b

I mean come on now, why the fuck isn't that girl a character in the game? Her face kinda reminds me of Jack from Mass Effect., or Lily James if she wore makeup like that. I wanna go on high speed chases through Night City with this girl riding shotgun, getting into firefights, and fucking her over a pile of cash when we get back to V's apartment. Ultimately I'm sure it won't affect my enjoyment of the game, but CDPR dropped that ball in my eyes on this front.
Do we even know all the romance options yet? Also the Nomad waifu looked pretty cute too. I’m sure you can go fuck whores too if that’s your thing.

Does it bother anyone else that there's a serious lack of attractive women in the game? I thought the studio that brought us Yen, Triss, Ciri, etc from TW3, would deliver some serious waifu material in CP77, but jesus fuck the romance options so far are so underwhelming. I think a big reason why so many fans went nuts over Judy, is because she the most attractive woman in the game. By a country mile. Not that it matters for Male V cause it's looking like she only prefers women based on what we've heard. Meredith Stout is okay...I guess. I dunno, I was looking at some of the art and this caught my eye:

main-qimg-bc7961236dc94e1e9547d4903e36959b

I mean come on now, why the fuck isn't that girl a character in the game? Her face kinda reminds me of Jack from Mass Effect., or Lily James if she wore makeup like that. I wanna go on high speed chases through Night City with this girl riding shotgun, getting into firefights, and fucking her over a pile of cash when we get back to V's apartment. Ultimately I'm sure it won't affect my enjoyment of the game, but CDPR dropped that ball in my eyes on this front.
Did you not see that Jane brain dance girl?

Birdo

Banned
I've actually grown quite fond of the default male character that they use in marketing :messenger_grinning_smiling: He's kind of become the iconic face of the game for me.

I might just use him instead of creating my own.

Trippy

Do we know what side activities are present in the game? I’ve heard there’s street racing and bare knuckle fighting. Has anything else been confirmed?

regawdless

Banned
After seeing so much footage that was captured on high-end PCs with raytracing, I think a lot of people will be pretty disappointed by the visuals PS4/XOne versions because these versions won't be able to look like that.

Are there any videos of the game running on the consoles?

Mista

Banned
Am I batshit crazy or are they putting out way too much information about this game?

People are free to watch or not watch these videos (obviously), just feels like they're killing the mystery.
As long as they're not showing the game from start to finish and claim its "marketing" then I am fine with whatever they release

As you also said, it isn't a must to watch them.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Am I batshit crazy or are they putting out way too much information about this game?

People are free to watch or not watch these videos (obviously), just feels like they're killing the mystery.

I've watched very few - frankly because there's too much to keep up with. You're right that they're overdoing it but I'm going in as blind as I can on this one. I trust CDPR and what I've seen hasn't given me reason to doubt that.

still no word on day one ps-5 optimizations?
CDPR has said there will be a day 1 patch that will make the game run better on next gen consoles in terms of graphics.
Possibly 4k resolution and higher framerates too
Too bad the next gen patch doesn't come out until next year

Sentenza

CDPR has said there will be a day 1 patch that will make the game run better on next gen consoles in terms of graphics.
Possibly 4k resolution and higher framerates too
Too bad the next gen patch doesn't come out until next year
To be exact they said the game will scale and take advantages of new consoles from the get go, but a future patch will add "next-gen specific" features.

Last edited:

N30RYU

After seeing so much footage that was captured on high-end PCs with raytracing, I think a lot of people will be pretty disappointed by the visuals PS4/XOne versions because these versions won't be able to look like that.

Are there any videos of the game running on the consoles?
not even a single screenshot I'm aware of.

Just speculating but I assume developers can upscale a last gen game for these powerful next gen consoles?
These systems should be able to handle higher framerates and 4k for a last gen game no?
I assume the next gen patch is the game upscaled for next gen so I expect a 60fps option at least
Best case scenario 4k/60 worst case 1080p or 1440p and 60fps
Maybe dynamic 4k

Last edited:

regawdless

Banned
It would be horrible if the unoptimized version runs at 60 FPS then they go in and turn on ray tracing and drop the framerate to 30 FPS for their "next-gen" version in a patch.

It's a minefield for the devs tbh, curious which way they'll go. I think quality vs performance modes are the answer, but I can very well see them go the all effects on and 30fps route.

Native 4K/RT/30FPS Mode and Dynamic 4K or 1440P/60FPS and SSR Modes for Next Gen I bet.

This would be the best way to go, but I honestly can't yet estimate the real performance of these consoles. There are so many ways to muddy the waters. Dynamic resolution, downscaling of RT effects etc.
Can't wait for the inevitable DF videos!

not even a single screenshot I'm aware of.

I really want to see what this game looks like on XBox One and how well it runs. It honestly sound like a nightmare to develop a game of this scale and optimize for:

The whole PC range including high-end RTX cards
PS4 amateur
PS4 Pro
PS5
Xbox One + S
XBox One X
Xbox Series S
Xbox Series X

Crazy. And while typing this... Wtf is MS doing. Likey seriously guys.

MadYarpen

If I was to guess, I would say we are seeing mostly what is an equivalent of the White Orchard from W3, with some random bits from later parts of the game. Or at least I hope so;)

I think it's a combination of too much info, as in too many screenshots and locations shown, too many vehicles and probably too many guns shown as well, but too little info on RPG mechanics, like crafting, about which we know nothing. Same with possible minigames, etc.

I'd describe it as unbalanced.

Last edited:

regawdless

Banned
Mhm still undecided if I'll play as a male or female character. Guess I'll check out the customization options and then decide.

Will the writing be different between male and female characters? Because sometimes it is, and sometimes one is better than the other. For example, in AC Odyssey, the female character is way more bad ass and fun, while the male character is a boring dumbass.

Alienware

Mhm still undecided if I'll play as a male or female character. Guess I'll check out the customization options and then decide.

Will the writing be different between male and female characters? Because sometimes it is, and sometimes one is better than the other. For example, in AC Odyssey, the female character is way more bad ass and fun, while the male character is a boring dumbass.

Don't know about writing, but the voiceover sounds better with the female V than with the male V in my opinion.

regawdless

Banned
Don't know about writing, but the voiceover sounds better with the female V than with the male V in my opinion.

Interesting, haven't seen a video with a female voice yet. A lot comes down to delivery of the lines as well.
I hope that there are differences in the writing between male and female characters, otherwise there is a big risk that it'll sound somewhat unconvincing at times.

supernova8

Banned
If I was to guess, I would say we are seeing mostly what is an equivalent of the White Orchard from W3, with some random bits from later parts of the game. Or at least I hope so;)

Well yeah they (CDPR) proved with TW3 that they could make a massive game without it feeling dumb and procedural. So many games end up resorting to same old shit. I hope CP2077 really has sufficient content that they can do this media blowout and yet only scratch the surface.

HotPocket69

Banned

You could try not watching any of them. I’ve watched zero. Self discipline is actually quite nice sometimes

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Not that I'm one of those posters or anything, but the thread going on over on Reset is not only predictable but a complete clustuerfuck.

ResetEra is an absolutely fantastic marketing platform for this game. I’ve been on the fence about it for quite a while, but now I know those misogynistic little cunts can’t stand it, I’m buying it day one.

Raven117

ResetEra is an absolutely fantastic marketing platform for this game. I’ve been on the fence about it for quite a while, but now I know those misogynistic little cunts can’t stand it, I’m buying it day one.
I was getting it day one anyway, but seeing some folks perform mental gymnastics is entertaining. The game will go on to sell millions of copies, millions, and there is nothing they can do to stop it.

regawdless

Banned
Not that I'm one of those posters or anything, but the thread going on over on Reset is not only predictable but a complete clustuerfuck.

They are insane and so disrespectful regarding the hard work that so many people put into this over the years. In the end, it's just a lot of ego trips, pandering to themselves, creaming about how morally superior they are.

I just hope that they don't trigger a big shit storm about anything stupid that'll get "mainstream" traction.

Raven117

I wasn't gonna say anything about it, but since it was brought up I have to admit that migrating back here after a month over at Reset is like a mouthful of breathable fresh air.
I didn't want to say anything either, but there is no question that there will be alot of screetching about this game both there and in the gaming media.

Whats funny is that they canceled "Kingdom Come: Deliverance" (still going on to sell quite well for a first attempt) yet wont cancel this outright because they know damn well most are going to play it and want a place to talk about it. The tension between cancelling the developer yet that developer delivering a quality product that they all want to play is eating at them. Plus, they attack the mods for saying they wont ban it but instead it raises awareness for these issues to be discussed.

In any event, its something worth noting as we wont hear the end of it with this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom