• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 HypeTrain | Just breathe (No leaks)

What platform are you going to play on?

• PC

Votes: 612 50.1%
  • PS4 Amateur

Votes: 84 6.9%
  • PS4 Pro

Votes: 139 11.4%
  • XBox 1

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Xbox 1 X

Votes: 130 10.6%
  • Waiting for the next gen

Votes: 377 30.9%
  • Stadia

Votes: 13 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
IGN Preview after 16 hours: Basically big, bold, beautiful... and buggy (no real surprises there)

- loads of stuff to do
- visually stunning
- the city and verticality is incredible
- combat gives you loads of options to find your favorite style, from stealth to melee to massive firepower
- some enemies a bit spongy, suggesting a less head-on approach
- huge amount of quests, side quests and activities in every area
- you can go hours without combat just experiencing the stories in the world
- characters immediately interesting and well-acted
- RPG through and through

Some cons:

- lots of bugs, including some pretty big ones
- confusing quest log

ResetEra on suicide watch

Damn man...
Is it only me or Cox is just asking lame questions in the post game interview? How many times do you ask the same questions? I don’t like it at all...

She has aged well.

M2rvm5K.png

9mGn9K4.jpg

jaysius

Banned
IGN Preview after 16 hours: Basically big, bold, beautiful... and buggy (no real surprises there)

- loads of stuff to do
- visually stunning
- the city and verticality is incredible
- combat gives you loads of options to find your favorite style, from stealth to melee to massive firepower
- some enemies a bit spongy, suggesting a less head-on approach
- huge amount of quests, side quests and activities in every area
- you can go hours without combat just experiencing the stories in the world
- characters immediately interesting and well-acted
- RPG through and through

Some cons:

- lots of bugs, including some pretty big ones
- confusing quest log
Other things from that IGN video:

-if you want a fight you have to go looking for it

This suggests a weird thing about the game's open world exploration.

-"the first person shooter action part of it is probably the weaker parts of what I played... wasn't bad by any means... it was good"

-lots of auto aim weapons, he barely saw some of the people he shot at

That's very interesting.

-"if you go into it as a first person shooter you probably will be less thrilled with it"

Hmm, well I mean I don't play Deus Ex as an FPS I guess.

-"temper your HYPE"

Last edited:
I am sorry, but I just fail too see what's so exciting about this game. I saw this game twice in person being played by devs last year and the year before. I was never ever really impressed. The world building, characters and story and all of that is good but that's all it has going for it. I really believe that CD Projekt Red is one of the most overrated developers when it comes to creating good gameplay loops. I am sorry but they are not good with gameplay, they are much better off with creating worlds. Either way, this game will be a massive success and more power to them, but it is not for me.

waquzy

I am sorry, but I just fail too see what's so exciting about this game. I saw this game twice in person being played by devs last year and the year before. I was never ever really impressed. The world building, characters and story and all of that is good but that's all it has going for it. I really believe that CD Projekt Red is one of the most overrated developers when it comes to creating good gameplay loops. I am sorry but they are not good with gameplay, they are much better off with creating worlds. Either way, this game will be a massive success and more power to them, but it is not for me.

What really annoys me is the fact that they have created an amazing upgrade/customisation options for the character, and yet there is no 3rd person mode?! What a stupid move to make it first person only and yeah I know they are saying it's for immersion and whatnot, but come on it's still a game at the end of the day... what a wasted opportunity

Madflavor

Man I hope my RTX 2060 and I5 8400 can run this smoothly enough with Ray tracing on my 1440p monitor. I'm not expecting 60fps but hopefully it wont dip below 30fps.

Denton

This is probably the most important piece of info for people, in order to go into it with correct expectations. The game will not do everything. From gamestar preview:

Who is Cyberpunk 2077 for?

Story fans
Cyberpunk 2077 not only tells a gripping main story, but also adorns each secondary task with at least a little story. The role-play does not shy away from serious topics such as child murder and rape.

Deus Ex connoisseur
Anyone who played the first Deus Ex will appreciate not only the different solutions, but also how the game world reacts to their own actions - for example in the famous scene with the ladies' room. Cyberpunk 2077 inherits this spirit and also reacts to my actions in quests and dialogues. In addition, each mission offers several possible solutions, I can fight, hack or sneak.

Role player
Thanks to the multifaceted and free character system, you can combine skills as you like and play as a shotgun hacker or katana ninja, for example. So far, no style of play has seemed superfluous or useless.

Atmosphere lovers
The Cyberpunk game world is built with a lot of love and the lighting atmosphere is fantastic even without ray tracing. And the punk soundtrack resounds from the car radios, most of which was recorded especially for the game. By the way, there is also a jazz station, which I think is wonderfully suitable for cruising over the freeway.

Who is Cyberpunk 2077 is not for?

Friends of »Realism«
In contrast to role-playing games like Gothic, Cyberpunk 2077 does not logically integrate every game element. Fast travel, for example, is simply a teleport, crafting takes place via a menu instead of a workbench.

Happy-End-Fans
There are funny and happy moments in Cyberpunk 2077, but basically the setting is dark and brutal - and the game lets you feel that too. If you want to play something that lifts your own mood, you might be missing the place here.

Rockstar lovers
Okay, we have to restrict that a bit: Of course, you can also have fun with Cyberpunk 2077 if you enjoyed playing GTA 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2 (in single player mode). You just have to realize that cyberpunk cannot lead to the same open-world chaos as the rock star games.

Racing player
If a realistic and demanding driving model is important to you in a game - regardless of the genre - Cyberpunk 2077 will not make you happy. The cars are not spongy, but not realistic either. And the collision behavior shows strange capers.

Shooter purists
The shootings of Cyberpunk 2077 play well and smoothly, but not like a shooter because opponents swallow a lot more bullets. Headshots cause additional damage, but are not immediately fatal either. Cyberpunk 2077 is just a role-playing game in which character and item values are more important than skill.

Last edited:

It's hard to please people with impeccable tastes such as yourself. I'm glad you got that out of your system, friend.

It's hard to please people with impeccable tastes such as yourself. I'm glad you got that out of your system, friend.

You sound rather upset that someone has a different opinion on a product that you really like. Will you commit suicide if this keeps up? How will you ever live for the rest of your life? Damn. I think you need to see a shrink and call the emergency hotline.

Last edited:
You sound rather upset that someone has a different opinion on a product that you really like. Will you commit suicide if this keeps up? How will you ever live for the rest of your life? Damn. I think you need to see a shrink and call the emergency hotline.

So it's ok for you to comment on the game, trailers, etc. but it's not okay for other people to comment on your opinion? Or on your criteria? Or on your standards? Or on your wording? So you advise others to chill when you criticize the game, but don't seem to follow on your own advice when your opinions are criticized, is that it?

How does that work again?

So it's ok for you to comment on the game, trailers, etc. but it's not okay for other people to comment on your opinion? Or on your criteria? Or on your standards? Or on your wording? So you advise others to chill when you criticize the game, but don't seem to follow on your own advice when your opinions are criticized, is that it?

How does that work again?

Where did I tell anyone to chill? I was making fun of his post and going along with the trolling lol. You never heard of mutual trolling ? No one is upset. Were just ragging on each other.

Its funny too see how both individuals are having fun but the other ones who are not involved actually getting triggered like children lmfao.

Last edited:
I love in their latest video finally giving in to players demands about seeing console footage.

CD Projekt: Okay! Here's the game running on Series X! Happy?

Everyone else: That's nice and all, but what does the game look like running on PS4/Xbox One? After all, you guys built the very foundation of this game based on those consoles. Why no footage yet?

CD Projekt: THE GAME HAS BEEN DELAYED.

Everyone else: So no foota-CD Projekt: THE GAME HAS BEEN DELAYED!

Madflavor

Don't really think its anyone's business if it is or isn't. Could also be a side chick. Show us your waifu/gf pls if you are so confident. Send DM. Let's not go off topic here.

I'm just hoping you're not parading around a picture of your wife/gf to a bunch of random people on the internet.

Cyberpunk blows, but I will still play it for the sake of it and enjoy the amazeballs soundtrack.

lG7dRw6.jpg

Also wasn’t you high on Valhalla? praising it to high heavens and what not? That automatically discards your opinion and puts it in the trashcan.

I have no quarrel with you. Your opinion is your opinion but your hostility and calling people cuck is not welcome. You don’t like it? Cool have a great day. Stop shitting up the thread.

Get a grip. You sound like pissed teenager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom