• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 HypeTrain | Just breathe (No leaks)

What platform are you going to play on?

• PC

Votes: 612 50.1%
  • PS4 Amateur

Votes: 84 6.9%
  • PS4 Pro

Votes: 139 11.4%
  • XBox 1

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Xbox 1 X

Votes: 130 10.6%
  • Waiting for the next gen

Votes: 377 30.9%
  • Stadia

Votes: 13 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antitype

A fourth delay would be PR suicide at this point

There won't be any more delays, they already started their TV commercials campaign and given the slots they bought (football/soccer games), they're absolutely committed to that date now.

I doubt it's for 60FPS. Maybe someone with Twitter account can message CDPR and try to clarify?

If even with DLSS performance mode it's only targeting 30fps, then they really need to let us fine tune RT effects, like lower reso reflections and such. I want to play with all the effects enabled, but not at 1440p or 30 fps. This type of game I play on the couch on my OLED and at 4k !

DemWalls

Updated system requirements
EnRvD_eXYAAjlg-

That's interesting, I have a 6GB 1060, all the necessary RAM... but an i5-2500k. I wonder if I will be able to run it in a satisfactory (relatively speaking) manner...

Xdrive05

Have they said what framerate those specs will give in each category?

Hope my 980 4GB is still sufficient for "recommended" without needing to turn down textures.

Dampf

Have they said what framerate those specs will give in each category?

Hope my 980 4GB is still sufficient for "recommended" without needing to turn down textures.
A German reviewer asked and CDPR didn't want to comment on the framerate target of the system requirements.

Last edited:

Dampf

I wouldn’t listen to that guy to be honest. A 2080 will be more than enough.

I should mention that this was at max settings... which means Raytracing on Ultra. I thought that was obvious. Who wants to play CP2077 without Raytracing?

mr.dilya

Banned
I should mention that this was at max settings... which means Raytracing on Ultra. I thought that was obvious. Who wants to play CP2077 without Raytracing?

Want and need are two different things. Not everyone is an enthusiast level gamer, and the people who have the hardware to play cyberpunk at max settings with ray tracing on are in the extreme minority. What planet do you live on?

poodaddy

Gold Member
So my 2080 is enough for 4k ultra....but not raytracing.

Dammit.....first time my 2080 has seemed not enough.

Guess I'm in the market for a 3080 now.

Dampf

So my 2080 is enough for 4k ultra....but not raytracing.

Dammit.....first time my 2080 has seemed not enough.

Guess I'm in the market for a 3080 now.
Keep in mind performance could change and it was the Ultra preset. You will be likely fine at RT Medium and High settings. But probably not at 4K but rather 1440p with DLSS.

Last edited:

Madflavor

I want to play it with Raytracing like a fat kid wants cake. But with my 2060 I can't without sacrificing some serious fps. It is what it is. I don't have an extra $700 lying around to buy a 3080. Even if I did it's hard to get one right now.

For 50-60fps I'm just going to have to settle at 1440p Ultra with dlss enabled and RTX disabled, or enable RTX, but then turn the graphics way down.

DeaDPo0L84

Is this game going to launch midnight est like most games? I have Wednesday off so hoping to play a bit of it late that night and not have to wait till the next day.

poodaddy

Gold Member
Keep in mind performance could change and it was the Ultra preset. You will be likely fine at RT Medium and High settings. But probably not at 4K but rather 1440p with DLSS.
That's a good way to look at it. I guess it all depends on what the benchmarks look like when the game comes out. If some of the ray tracing suite doesn't produce a difference that I think is notably better than CDPR's solution, than I may just disable them and try to get as close to 1440p/DLSS to 4k/60 as I can. The important thing for me is always performance, but I do also wanna play the best version of Cyberpunk I can get. To be honest, I'm hoping that AMD's cards compete closely enough with Nvidia's that Nvidia does a price drop on their 3080's and ups production, but I know that's probably a pipe dream lol.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
That's interesting, I have a 6GB 1060, all the necessary RAM... but an i5-2500k. I wonder if I will be able to run it in a satisfactory (relatively speaking) manner...

Should be fine. CPUs aren't terribly important these days - they don't tend to affect gaming performance much.

JayK47

I would pre-order, but I am not seeing any discounts or bonuses. May as well wait until I am ready to play it. And based on hands-on accounts, it sounds like a great game. Will likely pick up within a few weeks of release. I really hope they keep their December 10 release. I am not seeing any reason to push that date at this point. Reviewers are playing it and it sounds stable.

Irobot82

Is anyone else worried about the chromatic aberration in Cyberpunk? Generally, I always turn it off as it usually makes me slightly nauseous but it seems like it may be integral to the look of the game.

What's the point of the video saying RTX On at the bottom right, if it doesn't switch between on and off to show comparisons?
It's because RTX Off is a waste of time in case of this game.

Just kidding, I'm sure there will be another video to highlight differences. Nvidia loves to brag about this stuff.

Should be fine. CPUs aren't terribly important these days - they don't tend to affect gaming performance much.

What ? Of course they are, they've always been. That 2500 hasnt been doing good for half a decade now. You want high framerates and fluid gameplay without stutter and high 1% frames, you need cpu horsepower

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
What ? Of course they are, they've always been. That 2500 hasnt been doing good for half a decade now. You want high framerates and fluid gameplay without stutter and high 1% frames, you need cpu horsepower
Nope. CPU power matters to me as a developer, for my virtual machines etc, but as a gamer not so much because developers haven’t pushed CPU power for years, these days it’s all about the GPU because nobody cares about AI, physics, etc.

Nope. CPU power matters to me as a developer, for my virtual machines etc, but as a gamer not so much because developers haven’t pushed CPU power for years, these days it’s all about the GPU because nobody cares about AI, physics, etc.

Like i said, yes, it does matter. It always mattered. Thats what matters if you want to maintain a fluid experience. The 1% frames, the stuff that makes game feel good, requires good cpu's. Especially in open world games. When you see people say they have 100 frames per second but the game feels stuttery, thats usually because they have poor cpu's, thinking its just the video card that matters. CPU always mattered and always will, every open world where you're in a big city with npc's moving around needs it

Kiraly

Is this game going to launch midnight est like most games? I have Wednesday off so hoping to play a bit of it late that night and not have to wait till the next day.

You're in luck as the game will likely launch Wednesday afternoon for you, The Witcher 3 launched globally at midnight CET.

Senua

Like i said, yes, it does matter. It always mattered. Thats what matters if you want to maintain a fluid experience. The 1% frames, the stuff that makes game feel good, requires good cpu's. Especially in open world games. When you see people say they have 100 frames per second but the game feels stuttery, thats usually because they have poor cpu's, thinking its just the video card that matters. CPU always mattered and always will, every open world where you're in a big city with npc's moving around needs it
As someone with a 3570k, I very much agree :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Denton

Depends what framerate is being targeted. Quad cores are incapable of achieving consistent 60fps in most modern open world games.

Last edited:

Madflavor

The subreddit has gotten really annoying. Counted 6 posts on its front page all memeing and thirsting over Judy. Been that way since Thursday. Goddamn man there's a looot of virgin gamers out there. Guys can't mentally handle seeing an attractive female in their Cyberpunk simulator, who let's be honest, isn't all that attractive. Pretty? Oh yeah for sure. But not worthy of breaking the internet.

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
The subreddit has gotten really annoying. Counted 6 posts on its front page all memeing and thirsting over Judy. Been that way since Thursday. Goddamn man there's a looot of virgin gamers out there. Guys can't mentally handle seeing an attractive female in their Cyberpunk simulator, who let's be honest, isn't all that attractive. Pretty? Oh yeah for sure. But not worthy of breaking the internet.

out there? this forum has 20+ pages of men having a mental breakdown because a woman with big tits got a writing job at sony santa monica

Last edited:

DemWalls

Yeah, I know, but we're still talking about an almost ten years old CPU at the dawn of a new generation. However...

I mean, it's gonna be running on jaguar cores so

... this is exactly the reason why I'm still confident I won't have to sacrifice that much. Despite the problems the PS4 / XBO versions seem to be causing to the developers, I find myself kinda grateful the game is cross-gen :messenger_grinning_sweat:

TriSuit666

Banned
because that`s nonsense.
CP2077 is officially using DXR without any proprietary extensions. It will support RT day 1 on AMD cards.
But since it also supports DLSS and there is still no ETA for AMD´s Super-Resolution feature Nvidia will have a massive lead here.

Well, actually. buddy guy. Its been confirmed day one RTX is Nvidia only.

The Radeon patch is ‘coming later’.

Well, actually. buddy guy. Its been confirmed day one RTX is Nvidia only.

The Radeon patch is ‘coming later’.
Well, turns out you`re right.
Guess I missed that tidbit of news yesterday

Considering that RT support was "confirmed" 2 weeks earlier....what is CDPR doing right now?

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

You're in luck as the game will likely launch Wednesday afternoon for you, The Witcher 3 launched globally at midnight CET.
I sure hope so, I live on the west coast so we're 2 hours behind est. I'd love for it to launch even earlier than what I'm thinking on Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom