• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 new trailer and gameplay 06/25 (12pm ET / 9am PT / 5pm UK)

jemqQP.png
Oh my god that looks so beautiful.

Last edited:

Amey

I wish they'd show the actual nighttime so we cans see if the lighting pops vs this constant day or dusk scenes they keep showing. Also chromatic aberration needs to be an option in every game that uses it, it's an awful effect that should have died off years ago.
Photoshop edit of how it might look at night time.
PMPWtkF.jpg

MadYarpen

Yeah, at this point only question for me is whether to upgrade GPU (also possibly CPU. from Ryzen 5 2600...) and buy a new monitor, or buy PS5 version. I still think console version will be inferior, even on next gen.

In all fairness, how could they have known?

Development is very iterative and the scope of the game is said to have grown immensely over the years. Just imagine the tech hurdles they've had to overcome.

Don't you rather have a brilliant ambitious open world AAA RPG in late 2020, than a mediocre run-of-the-mill IP by 2017?
I do.
Greatness takes time.

Didn't they announce it well before The Witcher 3 was announced? I believe they announced this in 2012 and TW3 in 2013.

hope the mechanics are good, bit worried

Yes, gameplay gets the big question mark at this point.

I have little doubt that CDPR will deliver on the story and world building fronts, But the Deep Dive video didn't exactly inspire confidence with regard to mechanics. That hacking minigame, for example, moving hex codes around, seems very uninteresting and that it'd get old rather quickly. Maybe I got it wrong. Or, hopefully, they've revamped it.

Last edited:

MadYarpen

Didn't they announce it well before The Witcher 3 was announced? I believe they announced this in 2012 and TW3 in 2013.
At that point that was more to attract new employees than anything. Real production started after TW3 expansions, at least IIRC. Surely they had something done before that, but as the TW3 premiere was getting closer I think they were moving the staff from guns to swords.

DavidGzz

So the shooting mechanics may be bad? The Witcher 3 all over again where the main gameplay is shoddy. Add a forced FP mode and this game will have to get some great hands-on impressions for me to be interested.

MadYarpen

They employed some devs with FPS experience and have dedicated team for gameplay - unlike in TW3.

We will see soon enough, but at the moment I don't see the reason to assume it will be bad. But I agree they have to nail it, so that at least it is very good.

So the shooting mechanics may be bad? The Witcher 3 all over again where the main gameplay is shoddy.

Its a shooting game. It cannot be THAT bad.

Witcher games on the other hand...

I wish they hire some Japanese developer like Team Ninja/Platinum/ from to do the gameplay for witcher 4.

Hudo

I want to see to cliché Cyberpunk shit. I wanna see Night City at night in the rain, with all the neon signage glowing etc.

sircaw

Banned
I have a feeling that it won't be great. I hope I'm wrong though. The Last of Us part 2 is my current GOTY.

ITS GOING TO BE BLOODY MAGNIFICENT AND YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT SO MUCH THAT YOUR GOING TO BUY TEN COPIES OF THE GAME WHEN IT COMES OUT, on all formats..
If its not, ignore this post

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I'm excited for this game.. and it's a good thing some journalist/youtubers got to play the game for 4-5 hours.. but these preview events are always a bunch of fluff.. everyone is in hype beast mode, happy to get the chance to preview the game, afraid of losing those chances in the future if they are anything but positive.

Expect lots of glowing praise with vague "the game still has a long way to go" stuff (AKA it was a buggy mess.)

GymWolf

Seeing this thing live on a fucking tablet or wait and watching the 4k version at home on my oled??

Sophie's choice was less hard than this...

Last edited:
Top Bottom