• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 new trailer and gameplay 06/25 (12pm ET / 9am PT / 5pm UK)

mortal

Gold Member
Studio Trigger is an odd choice. They're not exactly the ones that come to mind when I think CYBERPUNK.

The game looks great, but my main issue remains:

I don't fucking care about any of these characters, and the story presentation isn't exciting either from what we've seen. Also the hero's goal is an immortality chip? That's just silly.

I'll definitely play this game some day, but I'm not convinced that it'll be this all-encompassing masterpiece that it's hyped into.

imsosleepy

Just watched a tutorial.. I was really expecting something else from this night city wire I suppose..
I feel this whole reveal is only going to hurt them. Anyone else ? This braindance gameplay is something you just drop randomly or something as some extra info. But they hyped up their night city wire alot, then even added a delay to the game and then just show us this tutorial right now. I was expecting just following a quest line or something..

anyone who doubted CDPR :messenger_tears_of_joy:

giphy.webp

Rikoi

My friends attacked me so much when I said this game wouldn't be a great game as much as the witcher 3.
I still feel the same after this presentation

Ogbert

That camera analysis stuff feels like graphic artists coming up with gameplay rather than designers.

Looks great but is......kinda dull.

imsosleepy

faaaaaack... HOW ARE THEY THIS DUMB... The gameplay I saw looked amazing. But the whole set up of this event sucked massive ass. Fuck I think this is going to hurt the hype for the game because alot of people wil be mad lol.

And then at the end they ask the devs what they like and they say they love the characters. Fuck.. Why dont you show us more about those awesome characters?

And I watched a way to long tutorial.. Just my opinion. Curoius what others thought

LOL, that IGN stream is so cringe. Suddenly *everyone* is an anime-fan. Fuck off, you gre the guys that keep shitting on weebs like me and use "anime" as an adjective :/

And Studio Trigger is merely ok. Darling in the Franxx SUCKED.

imsosleepy

I do think CD Project Red are incredible confident in the game and that is the reason they dont want to show to much. They probably think that anyone who wil play this thinks its next level shit and tell all his friends. The small bits of gameplay looked fucking amazing

Fake

Thats WHY I don't get hyped about teasers anymore. I guess the game will still delivery, but this presentation was so mix bag. Lets see if Geoff will make a poll about the quality of this presentation. I give a 'C'.

Matt_Fox

Detective mode tutorial.... hmm wasn't hugely thrilling.

The gunplay in the vehicles looked good though. It will be interesting to see how Mad Max things get in the desert around the city!

Fawst

Banned
Getting the feeling that CD Projekt Red-guys got high on the positive reaction they received and now can't realize how boring showing of a detective mode actually is.

How are you so good at posting opinions that are wrong? :messenger_grinning_squinting:

I mean, that's fine that you don't like it. You do you. I think this looks amazing. And yeah, it's a tutorial. They're not gonna blow their load on stuff later in the game. Everything has been from the intro, and that's astounding to me. But I'm the type that hates trailers giving everything away. I'd much rather have a preview that comes from whatever sets up the world itself, not from the actual story.

Last edited:
Top Bottom