• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 new trailer and gameplay 06/25 (12pm ET / 9am PT / 5pm UK)

Bartski

Gold Member
Day one free PS5 patch announcement stole the show.
I was expecting more regular mission gameplay walkthrough but man the bits in the trailer looked bonkers!

I am so hyped about this game. I love the sci-fi/cyberpunk esthetic. Love, Love future tech settings. But, am I the only one who is kind of worried about whether or not they'll actually like this game? I really want this game to GOOD! I really want to LOVE this game, but there is something in the back of my mind that is a little worried. So, I'm trying my best to quell my hype a little.

It seems like such a "Big" game, with so many mechanics and so many possibilities that I'm afraid it could end up being all over the place. Not being very focused or seeming "lost." Basically, I'm just looking for reassurance, some tell me my fears are unfounded and its going to be just fine :messenger_tears_of_joy:

In the absence of E3 and supposed need for companies to take more control over their own presentations & messaging, I was hoping we wouldn't see these types of fluff videos that dump viewers onto secondary media for impressions and canned gameplay.

Just based on how long the game has been in development, I don't question the amount of content that will likely be in the title. What still hasn't clicked for me is the world they're building and that Cyberpunk is something I actually want to play.

Mr.Jackpots

Neo Member
showed less than i thought, but still looks pretty cool. Kinda reminds me of witcher with a sort of "detective sense" which was generally enjoyable for me, assuming it'll be more fleshed out here in a cyberpunk world. excited.

Evilms

Banned
Crazy

giphy.gif

CarefreeDetailedBluejay-size_restricted.gif

NervousRecentChrysomelid-size_restricted.gif

what Geoff is talking about hardly matches the footage I wish we could watch without him talking and listen to him later he does not even pause on the talking

niilokin

I'm not really getting anything out of these small gameplay segments. We get told about freedom and choice but so far it's just dialogue and an on-rails-shooting. I'd like see more of RPG elements, guns, take downs, some examples of different playstyle on a mission etc.

Portugeezer

I was expecting more regular mission gameplay walkthrough but man the bits in the trailer looked bonkers!
I don't know if it's a patch, it will work on PS5 is all they said. Full "next gen" patch is free and will come later.

I’m just going to assume the jankyness of the combat gameplay is because it’s being played by devs and media personalities and not gamers.

Last edited:

Audiophile

Gold Member
Still super-stoked for the game and there are some awesome looking snippets elsewhere in the stream, but that "braindance" thing isn't exactly an exciting thing to show off as the sole part of a gameplay presentation. Particularly after waiting close to a year for anything new.

Last edited:

b0uncyfr0

I’m just going to assume the jankyness of the combat gameplay is because it’s being played by devs and media personalities and not gamers.

I hope so. That boxing section was not good. Geoff did say he was playing on a controller + stadia so input lag *prob* wasnt good.

yurqqa

This time NG consoles doesn't even need new games on the launch.

I really hope PS5 will have a drought during the first year as always. Otherwise my backlog will fucking kill me.

Ivory Blood

:messenger_sunglasses:

I opted for a female body, and after working my way through hairstyles, piercings, eye types, cybernetics and more, I was presented with several options for how my nipples should look, including the choice not to have any at all. But then, much to my surprise, the camera pans down and I'm presented with a fully naked V. Genitalia options are next on my list, including a jiggling range of penises, a vagina, or simply nothing at all. Vagina applied, lightning bolt bush shaved in, and I was ready to play, but left with the lingering awareness that finally, a healthier diversity of audiences can be physically represented in-game.

Last edited:

Ogbert

The fact the game works for both current and next gen is awesome, but I wonder if maybe that’s down to how badly it’s going to perform on base consoles.

I fully expect major performance issues on X1 and PS4.

Denton

Still super-stoked for the game and there are some awesome looking snippets elsewhere in the stream, but that "braindance" thing isn't exactly an exciting thing to show off as the sole part of a gameplay presentation. Particularly after waiting close to a year for anything new.

Yep, I am sure it will be well written and all that, but mechanically it is Detroit: Become Human and it is something that really isn't interesting for a gameplay demo.

But the game overall looks fucking stunning so, eh.

Bartski

Gold Member
The fact the game works for both current and next gen is awesome, but I wonder if maybe that’s down to how badly it’s going to perform on base consoles.

I fully expect major performance issues on X1 and PS4.

yeah the pop in while driving was more than noticeable, I'm afraid I'll end up playing in on PS4Pro and regretting it later

Skyr

I love the trailer. The setting, the world, the character, the whole look of the game. Everything looks amazing.

However some of the gameplay they showed makes me worried. Looks partially very clunky. A lot of the animations and enemy A.I. looked bad. Like that fist fight with the bald dudes for example.

Doesn’t kill my excitement for the game tho. I’m sure it will be amazing in all the other areas.

Kayoba

The gameplay looks really great, I really wanna upgrade my PC for this game.

Also, it's neat that we get an anime based on the Cyberpunk2077-universe. A shame we have to wait until 2022 to watch it though.

Top Bottom