• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 new trailer and gameplay 06/25 (12pm ET / 9am PT / 5pm UK)

the_master

I opted for a female body, and after working my way through hairstyles, piercings, eye types, cybernetics and more, I was presented with several options for how my nipples should look, including the choice not to have any at all. But then, much to my surprise, the camera pans down and I'm presented with a fully naked V. Genitalia options are next on my list, including a jiggling range of penises, a vagina, or simply nothing at all. Vagina applied, lightning bolt bush shaved in, and I was ready to play, but left with the lingering awareness that finally, a healthier diversity of audiences can be physically represented in-game.
I am happy to finally see the human body treated with normality.

Evilms

Banned
According to the German website "pcgameshardware" the PC version was running on a RTX 2080Ti in 1080p with DLSS & RT.

It gives a little idea about the PS5/XSX versions, in my opinion don't expect too much on consoles.

Ivory Blood

They also released ungodly amounts of new concept art. Won't post everything but this all looks incredible.

486b8aac-7d8d-fba1-d44d-a3706784bdd8

fb3282e4-5060-54ee-8809-7b569a57a57a

8d2d9ce3-3ca3-e92c-89c9-4d759ec8a1e9

Last edited:

SSfox

Same. When compared to other medium, the iron grip puritan treatment given to video games has been so unbearable.

This is arguably the biggest AAA 3rd party title this year, so I'm curious how will Sony handle the PS4/PS5 versions with respect to the level of nudity and sexual themes in CP 2077.

They better do nothing unless they really want to shoot themselves in the legs.

Kadayi

Banned
Posted in the other thread, but posting here also.

Free goodies apparently via GOG 4GB of content. Grab them while you can time-limited offer apparently...

iMzURQn.jpg

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Game looks fantastic, I'm really loving the aesthetics. I'm still a bit miffed by the delay, which I can only assume is somehow connected to wanting to launch the game onto next-gen consoles, and cover their ass on how basic the game will look on current gen systems. Hell, maybe it's because Ampere and Big Navi were delayed a bit. Either way, I love the cyberpunk setting. Can't wait to get immersed in the world.

Looks good. Edgy teen demographic target. Voice acting/script obviously subpar compared to the industry's best but it's a much bigger game after all. Looking forward to more.

They're coming for Rockstar's money. Take Two on notice.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

An RTX 2080 ti to play the game at 1080p@60 with Ray Tracing seemed like good news to me at first, because its RT + 60 fps, but I feel like that means 1440p/1620p@60 without RT, which is kinda nuts for a 2080 ti, considering Control runs at 1440p@60 + all RT on.

I don't have RTX (I'm on a GTX 1080) so RT doesn't matter but I'd rather play at 4K so seems like this will be a 4K@30 game for me. I hope the RT rendering is just REALLY expensive and a 2080 ti can play at 4K@60 without it, but that seems like too perf difference.

Probably time for a new rig at the end of the year. Thought I could coast by on a 8 year old CPU + RAM for another few years but its actually starting to make a difference in some multi-threaded games.

scydrex

Looks awesome I wonder if the next gen patchs are going to be available at ps5 launch.

From what i understand yes it will. They said a full next gen update will be released in 2021. So i think i will wait for that. Played and liked a lot Witcher 3 but when i played the DLC i wished i waited a little or 1 year to play it.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Game looks fine but I still think RPG mechanics are just not well-served in first person shooters. There's something about firing 18 bullets into a guy because he has more "hit points" that makes sense in an isometric turn-based game but looks ridiculous in a FPS that is trying to emulate "reality".
I think in general you are right, regardless of it being fps, but I think the setting of CP leads to more believability. Red Shirt #4 has lead-plated skin enhancements, *boom*, fits the world, fits the narrative, fits the gameplay, it works. Unlike say The Division, super RPG game and I'm pumping magazine after magazine into a "thug" wearing a basketball jersey and a beanie.

Last edited:

Kerotan

According to the German website "pcgameshardware" the PC version was running on a RTX 2080Ti in 1080p with DLSS & RT.

It gives a little idea about the PS5/XSX versions, in my opinion don't expect too much on consoles.
Won't the console versions be easier to optimise for?

I can't wait to see the different platform comparisons! It will be a perfect chance to see how well the new consoles were designed. What will matter more? High speed SSDs? Beefy GPUs? November can't get here fast enough!

Ivory Blood

An RTX 2080 ti to play the game at 1080p@60 with Ray Tracing seemed like good news to me at first, because its RT + 60 fps, but I feel like that means 1440p/1620p@60 without RT, which is kinda nuts for a 2080 ti, considering Control runs at 1440p@60 + all RT on.

I don't have RTX (I'm on a GTX 1080) so RT doesn't matter but I'd rather play at 4K so seems like this will be a 4K@30 game for me. I hope the RT rendering is just REALLY expensive and a 2080 ti can play at 4K@60 without it, but that seems like too perf difference.

Probably time for a new rig at the end of the year. Thought I could coast by on a 8 year old CPU + RAM for another few years but its actually starting to make a difference in some multi-threaded games.
DLSS 2.0 is magic. It will save you.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
DLSS 2.0 is magic. It will save you.
As a 1080ti owner I've been so jealous of what DLSS has been able to accomplish. It's been fantastic tech that really improves a lot of image quality and greatly boost framerates. 30xx series can't come soon enough.

Last edited:

SnapShot

Looks pretty good, I haven't watched a lot of gameplay videos of it but looking forward to play it on my own, trying to not lose the hype :)

Denton

This game does infinitely more things than Control. Control takes place in closed of interiors, there are precisely zero dynamic NPCs, everything spawns just for the combat arena, no daytime cycles, AI schedules, much sparser geometry..

That said Control is a great game, just uncomparable to Cyberpunk.

Also, I fully expect to be able to run Cyberpunk at 900p DLSSed to semi4K with all RT stuff enabled and keep 60fps, GPU-wise. I am more worried about CPU bottleneck.

Kuranghi

This game does infinitely more things than Control. Control takes place in closed of interiors, there are precisely zero dynamic NPCs, everything spawns just for the combat arena, no daytime cycles, AI schedules, much sparser geometry..

That said Control is a great game, just uncomparable to Cyberpunk.

Also, I fully expect to be able to run Cyberpunk at 900p DLSSed to semi4K with all RT stuff enabled and keep 60fps, GPU-wise. I am more worried about CPU bottleneck.

What RTX card do you have?

This shot.

Just soak it in. That atmosphere. Fuck. One day CDP has to release VR update.

cyberpunk-2077-night-city-wire-june-2020-nvidia-geforce-rtx-exclusive-screenshot-004.jpg

The chromatic aberration effect and vignette blur are horrible for me, hopefully you can turn those effects off.

Kuranghi

2080Ti. I played Control at 1080p DLSSed to 4K with everything maxed, it kept 60fps for the most part.

And you liked DLSS 1.0? Regardless of what it was actually doing under the hood, its effect was something similar to contrast adaptive sharpening for me, but overall not even as good as the basic sharpening built into Unreal Engine 4 or even nvidia control panel. It just gave the game a thick look for me, I could even notice it in shitty quality youtube videoes, let alone direct feed.

I'm only interested in native resolutions going forward.

I take it you don't have a 4K display if you are playing all these games at 1080p?

Sygma

Im wondering if they're going to let the whole "dont get augmented too much or you'll snap out of control" which was the most critical part of the tabletop game

Also this shit :
• Trauma Team will tase/shock you if you do not comply with their orders
already makes zero sense. You SHOULD get killed by them. In fact I hope they'll put a perma death option in the game at launch

ThisIsMyDog

My biggest concern is an empty city... nowhere did it look like the first trailer and gameplays. Even the in-game pics we got mainly shows empty streets, with maximum one or two cars, without pedestrians.

Honestly, I don't have any knowledge of the Cyberpunk universe, that's how it should look like? Or it is just matter of current gen limitations...

cyberpunk-2077-night-city-wire-june-2020-nvidia-geforce-rtx-exclusive-screenshot-006.jpg

and from 2018 gameplay.

NsyEiNH.jpg

Top Bottom