• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 new trailer and gameplay 06/25 (12pm ET / 9am PT / 5pm UK)

Gamernyc78

Banned
what about every other scene and the gifs people are posting, those literally look betetr than the majority of the old (washed out) gameplay footage. especially character models. stop being dishonest. don't post a random screen out of ALL the images we've seen.

you "gamers" need to learn when to notice when a title is setting a bar tbh, because when "gamers' can't tell when titles are setting "bars" it makes it to where there isn't one. and games like fallout can still be made.

so I read you right then? you didn't appreciate the witcher 3, so it's contributing to how you're assessing this game.

did you feel horizon had more creative quests than the witcher 3? Or do you prioritize quests that result in combat.

'

I don't even know what you're trying to say here lol
You don't know what I'm saying? It's easy to interpret. Someone comes in and says "no other game is as good as Witcher" I come in and say witcher 3' s combat was utter trash which it was imo and then say other games have merit and were as good. Several of those games I mentioned also won awards and were goty winners. It's not hard to understand 🤔 Where did I lose you lol

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Horizon zero dawn better than the Witcher 3?

DefinitiveAdeptAquaticleech-max-1mb.gif

And that's without even counting the expansions.

asustitan

Banned
Will the base Cyberpunk version that runs on PS5 and XSX have any improvements at all? Like higher FPS or resolution? Or just a straight strict backwards compatible mode?

If they could get any advantages for new systems at launch it would accelerate new console sales.

Not talking about the specific next gen version they will be working on.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I’m... disappointed :(. The art style is completely off, it’s too grunge and not enough what I feel was cyberpunk. Obviously that means what I visualized was incorrect given the creator is a consultant on this, but still, i though seeing might scenes would fix my issue. But nope, it just feels like it’s lacking the punch and beauty I expected.

Gamernyc78

Banned
I’m... disappointed :(. The art style is completely off, it’s too grunge and not enough what I feel was cyberpunk. Obviously that means what I visualized was incorrect given the creator is a consultant on this, but still, i though seeing might scenes would fix my issue. But nope, it just feels like it’s lacking the punch and beauty I expected.

I'm curious what did you want more grit and grime? I hvnt really looked at it too much as I've lost interest so I hvnt formed an opinion on the aesthetics.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I'm curious what did you want more grit and grime? I hvnt really looked at it too much as I've lost interest so I hvnt formed an opinion on the aesthetics.

Less gritty, more sleek, more blade runner, higher contrast, brighter punch, more visceral and in your face. Some of this just looks like GTA. That’s bothersome to me. Where is the corporate side? The rich and powerful ruler side that all sleek and beautiful? Everything feels like it’s taking place in the garbage dumps so far

Last edited:
Less gritty, more sleek, more blade runner, higher contrast, brighter punch, more visceral and in your face. Some of this just looks like GTA. That’s bothersome to me. Where is the corporate side? The rich and powerful ruler side that all sleek and beautiful? Everything feels like it’s taking place in the garbage dumps so far

Have you seen this?

d22v3w5ve4751.png

More here: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/revi...01-nitpicking-central.1551204/#post-258957957

There's a couple of concept arts featuring that slickness you're looking for. But just like with TW3 marketing, where they purposefully didn't showcase most of Novigrad, specifically the Temple Isle, I would imagine they won't be showing those locations beforehand, so not to spoil anything.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Have you seen this?

d22v3w5ve4751.png

More here: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/revi...01-nitpicking-central.1551204/#post-258957957

There's a couple of concept arts featuring that slickness you're looking for. But just like with TW3 marketing, where they purposefully didn't showcase most of Novigrad, specifically the Temple Isle, I would imagine they won't be showing those locations beforehand, so not to spoil anything.

Ohhhh yes thats EXACTlY what I want to see. Why are they not showing that??? I have a feeling a lot of people want to see this side.

I definitely liked the more toned down colors of the 2018 showing but this can be easily fixed with a re-shade.

Pop-in is horrendous, some of the worst I've seen in an open-world game this generation. Also, city looks like a ghost town at night., where are the crowds?
As amazing as lighting looks at night, gotta agree here. Driving part feels completely dead. Crowds kinda essential to atmosphere. And this is on the highest end hardware possible so... welp.

ZZZZ

My only beef is the crowd density. I’d like to see more people around the city. But that could be because it was nighttime and because it was the prologue, so I’m not too worried about it at this point.
As amazing as lighting looks at night, gotta agree here. Driving part feels completely dead. Crowds kinda essential to atmosphere. And this is on the highest end hardware possible so... welp.
I think unfortunately, this was one of the things that went away when optimizing the game.
I'm 99% sure, if the devs can't find a way, just like on GTAV, mods will fix this.
Of course the performance will probably take a huge hit, but it will be done.

Last edited:
You don't know what I'm saying? It's easy to interpret. Someone comes in and says "no other game is as good as Witcher" I come in and say witcher 3' s combat was utter trash which it was imo and then say other games have merit and were as good. Several of those games I mentioned also won awards and were goty winners. It's not hard to understand 🤔 Where did I lose you lol

your wording and grammar for that question was off.

but o asked you a specific question about the quests in horizon vs witcher 3. answer it please.

i wanna know how much you prioritize just combat over EVERYTHING else.

the answer will likely indicate alot about you as a gamer :)

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
your wording and grammar for that question was off.

but o asked you a specific question about the quests in horizon vs witcher 3. answer it please.

i wanna know how much you prioritize just combat over EVERYTHING else.

the answer will likely indicate alot about you as a gamer :)

Of course it was off and didn't have to do with reading comprehension 😊

Btw if I play a game with too much dialogue it kills my immersion which was another thing tht killed Witcher 3 for me. How high I prioritize combat over story and quests should be self evident when I said I dropped Witcher after Skelige. I give two fucks about a story of combat is ass and have to have a million individual dialogs with people. I enjoyed Horizons quests and not Witcher 3's because combat was involved and Horizon combat is vastly superior to Witchers combat.

ZZZZ

How high I prioritize combat over story and quests should be self evident when I said I dropped Witcher after Skelige.
Makes sense why you praise TLOU2 so much.
tenor.gif

Edit: Aiming with a controller at 30fps is not for me but to each their own.

Last edited:

Btw if I play a game with too much dialogue it kills my immersion which was another thing tht killed Witcher 3 for me. How high I prioritize combat over story and quests should be self evident when I said I dropped Witcher after Skelige. I give two fucks about a story of combat is ass and have to have a million individual dialogs with people. I enjoyed Horizons quests and not Witcher 3's because combat was involved and Horizon combat is vastly superior to Witchers combat.
heres what you said

"just like Witcher several won goty their respective years so thts bs."

just like witcher several won goty

your grammar was fucked. own up to it lol I'm not here to decode your drivel.

anywho, so there you go, you prefer games with "better" combat and so-so quests over a game with creative and varied quests and okay combat. meaning you like the "action" side of rpg more. meaning you like....action rpg's over actual rpg's. and witcher 3 is an actual rpg.

meaning you like action, action, action, and don't care much for context or repetition. Hence why i asked you about the quests, horizon had more reptitive quests than the witcher. this is a fact. but you only care about hitting things so that doesn't bother you.

why is it that I can appreciate both types of games for what they try to achieve, but your brain....can only compartmentalize one. seems limited.

Last edited:
heres what you said

"just like Witcher several won goty their respective years so thts bs."

just like witcher several won goty

your grammar was fucked. own up to it lol I'm not here to decode your drivel.

anywho, so there you go, you prefer games with "better" combat and so-so quests over a game with creative and varied quests and okay combat. meaning you like the "action" side of rpg more. meaning you like....action rpg's over actual rpg's. and witcher 3 is an actual rpg.

meaning you like action, action, action, and don't care much for context or repetition. Hence why i asked you about the quests, horizon had more reptitive quests than the witcher. this is a fact. but you only care about hitting things so that doesn't bother you.

why is it that I can appreciate both types of games for what they try to achieve, but your brain....can only compartmentalize one. seems limited.

also, the witcher 3 is still more acclaimed than any of the games you listed, and sits at a higher metacritic for it's base platform. unless you count tlou 2, which just released and has less reviews

Last edited:

Derp

Pretty disappointing. Gunplay looks bad, driving looks bad. Biggest gripe though is that the city looks lifeless and empty especially in the night driving gameplay. Just looks bland. Where are the NPCs...

same for me, however i started to get used to this "punkish" city we have to live in. it also represents what our societies could look like in dystopian future

Derp

My biggest concern is an empty city... nowhere did it look like the first trailer and gameplays. Even the in-game pics we got mainly shows empty streets, with maximum one or two cars, without pedestrians.

Honestly, I don't have any knowledge of the Cyberpunk universe, that's how it should look like? Or it is just matter of current gen limitations...

cyberpunk-2077-night-city-wire-june-2020-nvidia-geforce-rtx-exclusive-screenshot-006.jpg

and from 2018 gameplay.

NsyEiNH.jpg
Oof that sucks. Not a single soul in that first screenshot. COVID 2077.

Bryank75

Banned

Same as my impression.... disappointed by the low quality assets. Ryan Mcaffree also said the driving was not great. I expect the shooting to be just serviceable, heard the sword is bad too.
What really is good is the world design and the density of the world along with the lighting..... however most platforms will not have this raytracing...... and even if a highend PC has it, it will tank the performance. So you'll probably be playing at 30fps or maybe 40 tops.

Putting reflective and shiny serfaces and lights everywhere is no substitute for detailed assets.... when I look around a room even if it has lots of lights and reflective surfaces...it doesn't look like that.

Last months of production is a time of intensive game optimization. A small number of people on the streets was probably the choice for preview build to to guarantee smooth 60 fps with rt enabled. They still have 5 month to get things straight so i supect they will populate the city more along with better optimization. Occasional low quality assets in huge open world game are something obvious really I dont understand criticism in this regard. Also do we forget that's the crossgen game? Can anyone say that Cyberpunk looks like crap? Because that's not what we can see in 4k raw gameplay footage lmao

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

2018 = sold as gameplay, as "current state", visuals, just a render film after all
2020 = looks "reduced". Terrible lighting, textures, geometry ... like am i the only one seeing the major downgrade?

We shit on Ubisoft, Sony for "downgrading" but god forbid, we trash CDPR ...

The witcher 3 was exactly the same. The final release was a downgrade compared to the earlier foorage. They didn't get too much crap for it because the game was goddamn awesome but yeah, they're at it again. It feels a bit ubisofty. And hey I'm not saying the game isn't good, the game won't be good or that I am not hyped for it. But let's be real folks.

edit: after watching some more footage and stuff, I'd say the rest of the game holds OK compared to the trailer but this particular scene with the character in the car looks way worse.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Dialogue sounds like it was written by/for teens unfortunately.

Not really a fan of the characters either.

Everything else looks good though.

I'm not trolling here, so don't all jump on me, but to me this looks no better graphically than FC New Dawn. Maybe if I watch it on a larger screen my mind will be changed.

Mozzarella

I hear they will release the second episode of Night Wire event soon, thats great news for me as im very excited for this game, Witcher 3 is one of the best games i have ever played, a true masterpiece. I hope Cyberpunk 2077 will feature amazing content like interesting side quests, unique and creative, some side activities to do in the open world (even if a bit repetitive like the question marks, those side activities provide some extra content to wander around and relax late night after a work, especially when they will be created inside an immersive world rich with worldbuilding -- again this is me hoping right here, not talking facts so far).
I a bit suspicious of the quality of the writing though, Witcher 3 had great writing to me but Cyberpunk looks edgy and predictable gangster style in a sci-fi setting, i hope they will explore some deep themes about society and the future in its main campaign.
Gameplay looks promising but i never cared that much about deep mechanics, all i want is decent gameplay to keep me entertained, if i wanted deep combat mechanics i would rather play multiplayer games.
Overall game looks promising, the neon lights are cool, the city looks interesting although could be improved more, the braindance seems very neat, gameplay seems decent although i want more badass katana gameplay, the writing is worrying so i gotta keep an eye on that, and character looking models could be improved by a lot, it doesnt look good.

Excited for Episode 2, should be around mid august i wonder what they will show us.

Last edited:
Top Bottom