• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077...next to be delayed? [confirmed]

ultrazilla

With the news of Final Fantasy 7 remake being delayed(albeit a short one) I'm beginning to think that CD Projekt Red will
delay CP2077 from it's April 16, 2020 release date.

No real advertising, new trailers, recent gameplay demos, no news actually regarding the game and it's arguably one of 2020's biggest
AAA titles. We're basically 3 months out from the game and we're hearing NOTHING.

I suspect we'll get news shortly that it will be delayed until Fall of 2020.

ZcVre04.jpg

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Personally, I was expecting it to get delayed before today and now even more so. When a game gets delayed close to another major title, that other major title is usually going to get delayed as well because it's too close to each other and the publishers know ahead of time before we do what they will or will not be going up against.

Unless we hit March without a delay, I do see (and hope) Cyberpunk 2077 gets delayed to late 2020. If it's going to be cross-gen and if current gen/next gen versions can be released at the same time, just delay the game.

With the news of Final Fantasy 7 remake being delayed(albeit a short one) I'm beginning to think that CD Projekt Red will

No real advertising, new trailers, recent gameplay demos, no news actually regarding the game and it's arguably one of 2020's biggest
AAA titles. We're basically 3 months out from the game and we're hearing NOTHING.

ZcVre04.jpg

MiguelItUp

I mean, if it happens, that's fine. Delays suck for us consumers, but at the same time they happen for a reason. If something needs to sit in the oven longer to come out better and tastier, hell, let it sit longer.

I don't see this happening with them though. I really don't. If it does, I'll be semi-shocked, haha. I say semi because there have been so many delays all the sudden, lol.

Banned
of course it's gonna be delayed... every freaking game gets delayed, it's very rare that a game like this (big, ambitious game that isn't part of an annualised IP) doesn't get delayed

at this point I already expect it for every game that announces a release date.
If they announce a game will come out in... say... March, In my mind I will instantly expect at least a 1 to 2 month delay, so they say March and I hear May... they say May and I'll hear July.

Last edited:

Solarstrike

Unless CDPR is so confident in it's form, the game needs no PR. Smh, the game probably needs more time per optimization, for PC version. Especially with Nvidia chiming in with RTX support now

Nydus

Gold Member
Who would advertise in January? It's the shittiest month for advertisement depending people for a reason. If you hear nothing by the end of February you can be concerned again.

GymWolf

Why have there been no legitimate gameplay demos. And I mean just launching the game and playing it. All we’ve seen has been carefully scripted.

A delay would not surprise me.
What are you talking about? There was demo station at the last big event if i remember correctly.
An italian guy even posted 2 gameplay videos while playing the game.

Ivory Blood

Wasn't it already delayed, albeit internally? I read they wanted to release in 2019, but couldn't make it in time. So a 5 or 6 month delay to april 2020.

Last edited:

fallingdove

ZcVre04.jpg

I think you might be in to something op. The last we heard was that the 3rd person cinematics had been dropped... which was probably short-hand for “these things are way too hard to make and too technically demanding to program - we will sacrifice them to try and get our game out in April”.

Last edited:

Hellgardia

ZcVre04.jpg

Nah, it'll come in April.

Wasn't it already delayed, albeit internally? I read they wanted to release in 2019, but couldn't make it in time. So a 5 or 6 month delay to april 2020.

There were rumors, but i'm not sure. What i'm sure is that the game was mostly complete 6 months ago, and what they're focused now is on refining and polishing the product to be ready for release.

No, i don't think that it'll be delayed at all.

The game has been pushed in peoples faces since the inception of the idea of the IP itself, and you said it yourself - it's the biggest game of the year. I suspect they're crunching on polishing the product (if it's not already done), and they'll probably release something later. January is a dead month, in general, anyway.

GV82

I expect more footage at ps5 event in .....Feb?

If not Do Videogames have trailers at Superbowl also? I can’t remember.

junguler

Banned
delay it, and add third person options for people like me who can't play first person games anymore (because of motion sickness problems)

Top Bottom