• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Official Trailer - Gameplay + Impressions

CyRuZ

Banned
I opted for a female body, and after working my way through hairstyles, piercings, eye types, cybernetics and more, I was presented with several options for how my nipples should look, including the choice not to have any at all. But then, much to my surprise, the camera pans down and I'm presented with a fully naked V. Genitalia options are next on my list, including a jiggling range of penises, a vagina, or simply nothing at all. Vagina applied, lightning bolt bush shaved in, and I was ready to play, but left with the lingering awareness that finally, a healthier diversity of audiences can be physically represented in-game.
Probably not on ps4/5. Sony California doesn't like nudity in games.

FireFly

The writers seem to like the f-bomb. So mature. So edgy. *sarcasm*

So... I'm confused on the story, can you play as a good guy in this game? It seems you play as just a complete degenerate? So far it really seems like the choices are very limited.... like you can only be a complete jerk-hole piece of trash... or a douchebag. No grey areas here, or chances to be a good guy it seems. No non-lethal options? The story looks very silo-ed, not very RPG like.

Looks too edgy for me... probably going to sit this one out.

Just my thoughts.
Non lethal options have already been confirmed. I see neutral choices in the dialogue with the police officer who stops you leaving the badlands. We know you can help the police stop criminals and in one of the missions shown you rescue a Buddhist monk. Obviously you are playing a career criminal, but I don't see evidence that the game forces you to take the aggressive path.

Kadayi

Banned

Free goodies apparently via GOG 4GB of content. Grab them while you can. Time limited offer apparently...

KVTz7A1.jpg

Last edited:

Dodkrake

Banned

intbal

Seeing this game in action just makes me weep (with rage) that Deus Ex: Mankind Divided never got a full X Enhancement patch.

CyRuZ

Banned
Yeah, I'm on their payroll.

Completely credible source from last year. Won't sleep. And yeah, you missed the last of us 2. Stop fabricating shit.
https://screenrant.com/devil-may-cry-5s-ps4-version-weirdly-censored/ yeah they revert the censorship yet it still has a sour aftertaste.

Not sure if tlou2 has nudity?

Edit. Plus showing vag =/= showing tits.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Seems everybody is showing the same b-roll footage that CDPR provided. DF said that they aren't seeing any signs of RT being used in the footage. Skill Up said he played on a 2080ti @ 1080p/60fps/RT and that it "is easily the best implementation of RT I've ever seen, better than Control, in fact." and that it's shipping with DLSS 2.0 which carries a performance cost of around 11% when comparing native 1080p to DLSS 2.0 4K(1080p base resolution).

I'm expecting the 3070 to come in at like 5-10% below a 2080ti in raster performance and beat it in RT by a noticeable amount. I'm planning on getting a 3070, with an outside chance I might go with a 3080, specifically for Cyberpunk. Expecting $499 price point for the 3070, and $699 for the 3080. Effectively matching the pricing for the 2070 and 2080 at release.

3070/2080ti seems like they will be the baseline for a "next-gen" experience in the game.*EDIT* I should clarify I mean next-gen PC experience, not next-gen console. Thank goodness for DLSS 2.0 being in the game, that shit is amazing.

Last edited:

Zotaku

I don't know if you've met scumbags and criminals before but let me assure you they're not all smiles and sunshine. My sweet little innocent shut-ins. We'll ask them to make it more moe for you.
Yea, I'm pretty sure scumbags and criminals in real life exude the same type of exaggerated "in yo face" bravado, without any hint of subtlety..........pardon the cliché, but really....sometimes....less is more

THEAP99

Banned
They extremely good at presenting this game in an uninteresting way..

The world looks great, everything else didn’t do much for me. One of those games that I need to have my hands on I suppose.

The previews also weren’t as glowing as I expected

makaveli60

I lost interest in this game before, but damn this trailer is fucking sick, hyped again. It also received a big graphical upgrade, it seems? And everything is much more polished. It seems rare nowadays that a game closing to release looks this much better. I hope this is how the nextgen versions look like at least and no Witcher 3-like downgrade in the end...

Last edited:

Strategize

I completely disagree with this notion that RPGs should not be held to a higher standard. ESPECIALLY when there are plenty that are of the levels of Red Dead 2(hilarious and wrong that you mention this) and TLOU2. Even more wrong considering that one of these high level polish titles is Witcher 3 made by the same developer fyi. Then considering that, the reasons why the game has been delayed so much. The commitment to this level of polish that everyone is expecting of them. Now stop disrespecting the RPG genre.
I'm not disrespecting it, I'm just saying the amount of choices and options you have in an RPG makes far more difficult to code and polish.

There's no RPG out there that looks even close to as polished as Red Dead 2 with it's more scripted missions. It's just not feasibly possible for people to be expecting Rockstar or Naughty Dog polish from titles like this, RPG's can be just as impressive in different ways.

Last edited:
Trailer looks slick, crammed with crazy moments. Gameplay itself... looks bit dry. Also don't see much that couldn't be done 3rd person. UI ala Watchdogs/Death Stranding, Tight OTS cam for tight spaces like TLOU. Immersion excuse bullshit but it's their artistic choice.

Those games aren't RPG's claiming to be about player choice. Cyberpunk is. That's why I even brought it up. How can a game be an RPG about player choice when you only have options to a "bad guy?" Again... not claiming Cyberpunk doesn't have "grey or neutral" options. It's just all that has been shown so far are "bad guy options"
CDPR only has experience with very directed, preset character (Geralt) games. Which is not a bad thing. Their strength is in writing and strong storytelling, which is hard to consolidate with true roleplaying. Was personally hoping for more emergent experience myself, but this is too amazing to pass up.

Arachnid

Those games aren't RPG's claiming to be about player choice. Cyberpunk is. That's why I even brought it up. How can a game be an RPG about player choice when you only have options to a "bad guy?" Again... not claiming Cyberpunk doesn't have "grey or neutral" options. It's just all that has been shown so far are "bad guy options"
Character choice doesn't always mean full spectrum or binary good vs bad like Mass Effect (I actually really hate morality systems like that in games; it kind of feels like the writer talking down to me and patting me on the head). It's just branching paths that lead to different outcomes. The way CDPR does choice is that every choice makes sense to the character of V. It's like Geralt's choices but greatly expanded.

This time around, we play as a criminal in a seedy criminal underworld. Take what you can get as far as 'good guy' choices go. If not, the game just may not be for you (which is ok). Personally, I fucking love when video games let me play as an outright bastard. I think it's a blast.

Last edited:

gow3isben

Witcher 3 is the greatest game of the generation for me but CDPR do have a habit of severely exaggerating how good the game will look/play on initial showings. Remember how good that initial Witcher 3 trailer was? That was PS5 level graphics. Same with the incredibly dense Night City on initial showing. They need to be more honest.

I wish this was third person, but either way I suspect this will be my GOTY even ahead of Last of Us 2. Scope is second to none.

Mista

Banned
Definitely looks way better than the last gameplay they showed. The game is in an amazing spot right now

The details I saw in this one were mad! I liked everything about it. The final product is going it be gorgeous

Looks like CDPR are going to set a new standard with Cyberpunk 2077 just like how they did with The Witcher 3

Oh and by the way, the game is already among the top sellers on Steam with almost 5 months away from release:

fg9ssIH.jpg

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Can't wait to see the game running on base Xbox 1 or PS4. It's gonna look and run like shit. Looking forward to the DF comparison :messenger_beaming:
How most console players will experience the game...🤭

Feels good to be part of the 16 million+ RTX gamers(2060 or over) along with our Navi and high end Pascal brethren. If you don’t have at least an X1X, I would highly recommend waiting until you have a next-gen console.

Does anyone know if they're gonna do VR for this at any point? Either way I'm in, this looks like the sequel to the og deus ex I always wanted. None of the negatives I've heard are things I really care about anyway - only thing slightly bothersome is the dialogue being a bit try hard. Like, I swear A LOT, and I have had plenty of gang encounters - this seems sort of stuck in the street shit of the 80's - which maybe that's the point but at times hard to take seriously. Part of it is also the voice acting I think.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
is it true it's running on a gtx 2080 ti with RTX and DLSS? it can't barely run it at 1080p.
Consoles trying to run this:
200w.webp

giphy.gif

tenor.gif
Current gen consoles yeah. They are gonna struggle like fuck.

Xbox Series X is about similar to a 2080 Ti so will manage just fine especially considering it won't have full blown raytracing. It should be able to get similar visuals at 4K 30fps I reckon.

PS5 will mostly be the same but might need to upscale from 1440/1800p due to the slower CPU and weaker GPU.

For PC, hopefully 2080 Ti levels of performance will become more accessible when the new cards come out but still I think any medium/high end modern card will be just fine as long as it's paired with a modern 6-8 core CPU.

I think recommended PC specs will require a fairly recent 6 core CPU so a Ryzen 2600/Intel 8600K or 8700K. Could likely be 8 core though so 2700X/9900K.

32GB RAM. 16GB will be minimum.

GPU is difficult to pick but I think as long as you have a Pascal/Turing card you'll be fine but to run at 4K 60Hz or 1440p 144hz with all the bells and whistles I don't think there will be a card that will be capable of making it out while maintaining a solid 60hz at 4K.

I'll be playing at 1440p 144hz. 4K is way too demanding for this game. 1440p is the sweetspot. My 144hz g sync monitor will be a god send because frame rate will still be quite low. I'm certainly not expecting anything over 70-80fps and I have a 9900k/32gb/2080.

Vroadstar

All I'm seeing is just a Deus Ex lite.
An extremely action heavy version of Deus Ex.

Have to agree with you, like Deus Ex lite but more action-heavy. Still bummed about it being 1st person since I love the Witcher series seeing your armors and all. But I'll see how this turns out and still long ways off anyway and we will probably see and hear more of the gameplay in the coming months, however, this preview didn't do anything for me at this time.

I lost interest in this game before, but damn this trailer is fucking sick, hyped again. It also received a big graphical upgrade, it seems? And everything is much more polished. It seems rare nowadays that a game closing to release looks this much better. I hope this is how the nextgen versions look like at least and no Witcher 3-like downgrade in the end...

Sorry but this looks downgraded from the 48 minute gameplay walkthrough that was shown behind closed doors at E3 2018 and later released to the public that August.

The new footage doesn't have anywhere near the density of NPCs that were present in 2018.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
is the entire game going to take place within Night City or will there be other large hub areas?

I think it's all Night City, and the outside desert around Night City, similar to a GTA game being in one city.

It's supposedly denser, and has some verticality. But who knows, lots of things about this game have changed over the years.

Sorry but this looks downgraded from the 48 minute gameplay walkthrough that was shown behind closed doors at E3 2018 and later released to the public that August.

The new footage doesn't have anywhere near the density of NPCs that were present in 2018.

The new footage didn't show any environmental destruction either, or shooting through walls. It might still be in, but not in the new video if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
GOTY is a pretty safe bet here.

Still have Ghost of Tsushima and Halo Infinite coming though.

Maybe, who knows.

Of the actual gameplay, it's not exactly GOTY. Melee combat in first person is not great. Stealth is not great. Hacking is not great. Shooting is pretty good, with lots of auto-aim but good animations.

Best graphics, best world design, best art style.

Jury is out on story.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
No matter how much footage they show of this game, it never manages to excite me. I guess I’ll only have an opinion about it when I play it.

Zero hype

I'm definitely back on the train, myself.

The art style is just too good. Even if all I do is walk around and talk to people, it's worth $60 for me.

Superkewl

Gold Member
i suspect the majority of people are going to be disappointed. Not that it wont be an awesome game, but I fear that it has gotten to a point where people's expectations for this game are simply unrealistic and CDPR cannot live up to the hype.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
i suspect the majority of people are going to be disappointed. Not that it wont be an awesome game, but I fear that it has gotten to a point where people's expectations for this game are simply unrealistic and CDPR cannot live up to the hype.

I thought that until today. I think people are gonna love it.

People loved Skyrim, with all its jank because it put them in another world. This will do that too.

About every hands on preview I read/watched is all very positive of the game. The hype is staggering, but if anyone can live up to the hype...its CD Projeckt Red.

Top Bottom