• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

Braag

So uh, Gig called "Scrolls Before Swine" where Regina asks you to retrieve some footage and deliver it to an asshole called Aaron McCarlson. Once you deliver the footage you have the choice to hand it over as agreed, blackmail him for eddies or just tell him how you wish he was behind bars.
I chose the last option, he got angry at me and attacked me so I knocked him out. Regina said I did good for not killing him when he attacked me.
Now, much later in the game I went to the building where the fixer Dino is located and to my surprise Aaron McCarlson is also there eating at one of the tables. Once he sees me, he starts talking about how he's a NCPD lieutenant now and all that shit.
The only problem? He starts shooting at me as soon as he sees me while having this conversation with me. He's sitting there eating a burger and shooting me with his revolver at the same time lol
Worst part is that I can't take out my guns in that building so not much I can do defend myself.
Goddammit CDPR.

Kadayi

Banned
Just redid the Grand Imperial Hotel Mission (Fuck the Voodoo Boys as well) and was admiring the footage in the Cinema before confronting Mr Netwatch and wondering if it was from an actual film, as I was sure the close up was of Marlon Brando under the blur. Sure enough. Turned out it was from 'One-eyed Jacks' which he both starred and directed: -

Not sure if it has any bigger meaning, it was cool to track down the source

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Doesn't CDPR have some kind of a deadline to meet soon to get out a patch otherwise they get fined by their government? I don't remember the details exactly.

KO7

Just finished it for my first time and currently sitting through the credits. Truly one of the best gaming experiences in my 39 years despite the flaws and how much better it could’ve been if it wasn’t rushed in the end.

Did the Nomad ending with Judy romanced:
Switched over to Johnny’s gun to put the final bullet into Adam Smasher’s face, so satisfying. After the bit with Alt / Mikoshi, I called Judy on my phone and was disappointed she didn’t pick up. Got into the car with Panam and was amazed that Judy was waiting for me, ready to leave Night City together - bravo CDPR. The ending was great sitting on the Basilisk with Panam breathing the free air under moonlight, but wish there was a more fleshed out ending with Judy instead.

Man I loved my time with this game so far after my first playthrough. What a ride and excited for the DLCs and next-gen updates. Thank you guys and gals of neogaf who contributed to the whole CP2077 experience leading up to, and during this time after release.

Hugare

This woman expresses almost my exact thoughts.

I simp hard for Sphere Hunter lol

Love her opinions. She usualy nails exactly what bothers me in a game or what I love in one.

I'm still watching her review (long af), but yeah, she is nailing it yet again.

Edit: Finished watching it. Incredible review. She loved it.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Finish the final quest, if was terrible but im super bummed it's over.. All I have left is the very low danger quests.. Anything else I can do?

I simp hard for Sphere Hunter lol

Love her opinions. She usualy nails exactly what bothers me in a game or what I love in one.

I'm still watching her review (long af), but yeah, she is nailing it yet again.

Edit: Finished watching it. Incredible review. She loved it.
She's rather pretty for a dude.

Great review too, I watched the entire thing. 😳

2AdEPT

My conclusions are soley based on the speacial treatment they received....Whats bullshit is that you seem to think this "special treatment" didnt come with strings attached...you think these console companies gave them all this help in development for free, out of the goodness of their heart, with no agreement or plan? So there was no presssure from SOny and M to release on old machines in time for christmas!!!!!? :messenger_tears_of_joy: Upper management has come clean and is taking the heat, rather than blame the workers, which is good, but what possible source could have led to them being so stupid.....hmmmm I wonder?

$30 at Best Buy right now. Only a month old and half price already. And people want to talk shit about TLOU2 being $30 6 months after release.

I've seen it for as low as 26 EUR on PC. The price is tanking faster than Codemasters games. And that's telling.

Whats bullshit is that you seem to think this "special treatment" didnt come with strings attached...you think these console companies gave them all this help in development for free, out of the goodness of their heart, with no agreement or plan?

What the hell are you talking about? What "help"?

2AdEPT

I've seen it for as low as 26 EUR on PC. The price is tanking faster than Codemasters games. And that's telling.

What the hell are you talking about? What "help"?
Sorry, Im not looking up a source, it likely came through my google feed on my phone a few weeks ago......I dont want to get dragged into a lengthy discsussion on the cluster job, as Im not even done playing my first playthourgh and would like to focus on the FUN part of the game.......... but I read that Sony in particular, were working with them months in advance, gave them software which would help, iirc mostly to ensure the porting went well etc ....OBVIOUSLY because of the delays and that they wanted the game to come out for Christmas. The poster who called my previous post BS was obviously cognizant of the "help" as well but seems to be deluded that big corporations "help" smaller ones for free.

What I read was not part of some leak BS it was common knoweldge article, unfortunately all that comes up on a search is this more recent collaboration:

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I still can’t forgive myself even after weeks of finishing the game

Its either they didn’t make it clear enough or I wasn’t paying enough attention. I wanted my V to come back not Johnny coming back in my body. I don’t know, it pissed me off because what they told me didn’t exactly happen

Exentryk

I'm busy cleaning up the last few quests before I go back to the point of no return. Also want to get to level 50 (currently 45).

Anyway, more random images:

M0O15Sy.jpg

8XPM1MS.jpg

XxBDvRn.jpg

Tnh7uoO.jpg

YiQS0HT.jpg

wAXDpos.jpg

5Mavjt5.jpg

vUOIR8v.jpg

QwkCene.jpg

Mista

Banned

Cyberpunk 2077 Is Now Discounted to 50% Across Major Retailers​

Isn't this way too early for a blockbuster game?
Yeah, but it'll make people get those shitty versions for half the price.

Great investment for the long run if you ask me

mitchman

Gold Member
At the end of my 2nd playthrough now on XSX. I just can't find the last and 17th cyberpsycho mission. I really wish it was possible to exclude all the car missions from the map, I'm never gonna do those anyway.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
At the end of my 2nd playthrough now on XSX. I just can't find the last and 17th cyberpsycho mission. I really wish it was possible to exclude all the car missions from the map, I'm never gonna do those anyway.
It's daft that they're even catagorized as quests. Super bad design.

Kadayi

Banned

I expect it will be addressed in either the 1.1 or 1.2 Patches. The first of which should arrive this week (probably Thursday/Friday at a guess)

Doesn't CDPR have some kind of a deadline to meet soon to get out a patch otherwise they get fined by their government? I don't remember the details exactly.

It's not a deadline per se, more that this government watchdog wanted to make sure that they are working on the game versus abandoning it. Honestly, though it was a bit of a nothing burger as a news story because even before Christmas they essentially said that beyond the hot-fixes they would be looking to put out 2 big patches in the New Year to rectify the bugs and performance issues . The recent video was really an opportunity for the CEO to apologise, eat the blame for the underwhelming release and clarify what CDP is doing going forward in terms of sequence. With the Big Patches first, followed by general updates and improvements as well as the roll-out of the free DLC and finally the next-gen patch.

aries_71

I expect it will be addressed in either the 1.1 or 1.2 Patches. The first of which should arrive this week (probably Thursday/Friday at a guess)
It can be delayed. You know, it will be ready when it's ready...

I don't know what would be better, the meltdowns for the delay or the meltdowns for the limited scope covered in the patch.

Krisprolls

Banned
So uh, Gig called "Scrolls Before Swine" where Regina asks you to retrieve some footage and deliver it to an asshole called Aaron McCarlson. Once you deliver the footage you have the choice to hand it over as agreed, blackmail him for eddies or just tell him how you wish he was behind bars.
I chose the last option, he got angry at me and attacked me so I knocked him out. Regina said I did good for not killing him when he attacked me.
Now, much later in the game I went to the building where the fixer Dino is located and to my surprise Aaron McCarlson is also there eating at one of the tables. Once he sees me, he starts talking about how he's a NCPD lieutenant now and all that shit.
The only problem? He starts shooting at me as soon as he sees me while having this conversation with me. He's sitting there eating a burger and shooting me with his revolver at the same time lol
Worst part is that I can't take out my guns in that building so not much I can do defend myself.
Goddammit CDPR.

Don't be a hater, it works as intended. Remember it's not a GTA like, all those systems are not supposed to work properly.

Moogle11

Banned

Agreed. They crappy organization of quests and now so many different things are under the generic “jobs” map icon was my biggest gripe with the game.

The larger gripes many have really didn’t apply to me I didn’t have many crashes on the mostly solid XSX version (only 2, and a few other times I had to reload saves) and didn’t mind the bad AI as play there types of game for the stories anyway and fleeing from hard to lose cops is one of my least favorite game mechanics.

Kadayi

Banned
It can be delayed. You know, it will be ready when it's ready...

The CEO said 1.1 would arrive within 10 days and that was over 4 days ago. Traditionally they've tended to drop patches on a Friday so the 22nd is a good bet.

I don't know what would be better, the meltdowns for the delay or the meltdowns for the limited scope covered in the patch.

They outlined that 1.1 would fix some but not all issues. 1.2 will be the bigger patch following in February.

I would imagine that the primary focus of 1.1 is going to be on stability, performance (esp on the consoles) and crashes first and foremost with maybe some other fixes, whereas 1.2 will be a lot more substantive in nature.

Also, meltdowns are a given at this juncture, because regardless of whatever the patches deliver a certain subset of basement-dwelling Angry Internet Autistics will still be bitching about 'Cut content' because the disclaimer 'Work in Progress - Does not necessarily reflect the final game' from a video 2 years old is a concept lost on them and it's become their raison d'être ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

aries_71

The CEO said 1.1 would arrive within 10 days and that was over 4 days ago. Traditionally they've tended to drop patches on a Friday so the 22nd is a good bet.
That good ol' CEO said many things. Not all were true. Not all made sense. 😂

Holy shit, that "Hunt" quest. Absolutely top fucking tier: from characters to dialogue, scenes, emotions, music, etc. Enjoyed it more than entire story of RDR 2 or almost any other game.
Best side quests in this game are better than in the Witcher, imo. First person perspective just adds another layer of involvement next to TP.
And definitely going with female V that's hooking up with River on the next run. Really an awesome character. I wouldn't mind a DLC with him as main character, doing some detective/crime investigations.
Yep Rivers is the "Bloody Baron" of cyberpunk 2077 as Giantbomb would like to say if they ever managed to play enough to meet him lol.

Mato

I still can’t forgive myself even after weeks of finishing the game

Its either they didn’t make it clear enough or I wasn’t paying enough attention. I wanted my V to come back not Johnny coming back in my body. I don’t know, it pissed me off because what they told me didn’t exactly happen

That's what I did and have no regrets. I took a really long time thinking about what I would do if this was real life. It wasn't so much about giving my body to John, I don't give a crap about him. It was more about venturing out into the Cyberspace. A means to achieve immortality. An evolution into an intellectually superior life-form. I stared into the abyss and was brave enough to not back down. In a video game anyway.

Top Bottom