• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

sertopico

"The last burger"

photomode_27012021_161uklt.png

scalman

i just dropped game like it was nothing , and i still on my second play... maybe i never finish this second play then ... its similar situation as was with RDR2 it was so good on first time... and then you see all those rules tat you cant do ... and then you look back at valhalla.. no rules just play as you want ...hmm im going back to valhalla

harmny

Banned
i just dropped game like it was nothing , and i still on my second play... maybe i never finish this second play then ... its similar situation as was with RDR2 it was so good on first time... and then you see all those rules tat you cant do ... and then you look back at valhalla.. no rules just play as you want ...hmm im going back to valhalla

valhalla no rules i can play as i want? can i kill civilians?

Last edited:

Maddux4164

Anyone know how far I am in Cyberpunk? I’ve clocked 20 hours.

NO SPOLIERS**

Without spoilers I’m just past the infamous “down the street“ mission which has the game breaking bug and YEP it absolutely happened to me. I eventually got it to work after trying a couple work arounds.

Having a great time in the game though. I have an ABSOLUTE boatload of side missions to get to before I consider finishing the story.

Hugare

I dont see anyone mentioning how well optimized the game is for SSDs

Like, holly shit, the game loads in less than 10 seconds on my PS4 Pro with an SSD

And I'm not talking about loading on the Badlands. This is when loading at Downtown area.

It's faster than Ghost of Tsushima.

This is some Miles Morales on PS5 kind of shit

Their asset streaming solution is probably really damn good. The problem lies on the slow HDDs on consoles.

In comparison, The Witcher 3 takes more than a minute and half to load.

And I have to say: this game is easily, easily the most gorgeous open world game in a city environment. Period.

I've played some Watch_Dogs 2 recently, and it looks like shit in comparison. Like a generation behind.

From what I've seen of Legion, it also pales in comparison.

Also, it's pretty mind blowing that corpses stay where they drop, no matter how many hours ago you killed them. I went back to an alley where I killed some goons many hours ago, and they are still there.

PS: the "intro video" before the main menu stutters like crazy, at least on consoles. How they didnt notice this while testing the game? I dont have a fucking clue. And its still broken since launch. A fucking video.

Last edited:

sertopico

Yup, letting the game run on 5400rpm hard drives was the worst decision ever made. Most of the problems ps4 users have are a direct consequence of this. That mechanical hd is just not enough for their streaming system, and it shows.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Anyone know how far I am in Cyberpunk? I’ve clocked 20 hours.

NO SPOLIERS**

Without spoilers I’m just past the infamous “down the street“ mission which has the game breaking bug and YEP it absolutely happened to me. I eventually got it to work after trying a couple work arounds.

Having a great time in the game though. I have an ABSOLUTE boatload of side missions to get to before I consider finishing the story.

If there's one suggestion I have it's don't sit on the side missions. Don't feel obligated to plough through the main story. Albeit narratively there is a sense of urgency to the game you can take your time. Do the side missions. There some really good ones and if you read the shards, you'll find that there's a lot of interconnectedness going on. Pretty much all of the various gang members in-game have relationships/ties back to other characters. In Kabuki, a lot of the gang-related missions all link back to certain Tyger Claw Boss and interesting to see how those things form a chain.

Loostreaks

Even without console problems, it was incredibly dumb to let this game be reviewed in under three days. ( barely lets you finish main story and a few quests). This game is the new gold standard of World Building. Main story does not have branching paths until last mission, but there is huge amount of small reactivity to how you play the game that you can discover in the world. ( for example if you visit the farm before mission with River, V will actually mention s/he knows the place). Shards, TV&radio news, quests, dialogue&character interactions, npc banter on the streets..there is a really strong sense of how so many things are connected to one another, and Night City has it's own dynamic, living culture.
Only thing I've seen come close is last Deus Ex game, and that was done on a much smaller scale.

Kadayi

Banned
NEW CyberPunk patch out!!! 13.3 GB

RI6sUvs.jpg

Yeah 1 GB on Steam as well.

Patch Notes: -

This update addresses two issues that appeared after Patch 1.1:

• Item randomization has been restored to the previous state.

pizza yes GIF

The save/load loot exploit will be investigated further.
  • A bug in Down on the Street quest has been fixed.

It occurred for some players during a holocall with Takemura, when using a save made on version 1.06 with Down on the Street quest in progress at "Wait For Takemura's call" objective. After loading such a save on version 1.1, the holocall would lack dialogue options and block interactions with other NPCs.

Last edited:
Nice, hopefully there's finally a fix for Watsons "It's Elementary" achievement being bugged. Cleaned up all the side activities but progress showing still stuck at %98.

Woggleman

I agree that this game runs well on an SSD. When I was playing on my One X the difference between running it on an external SSD vs the consoles HDD was huge.

Kadayi

Banned
Wow, can't believe they rolled back loot randomization. That's great!

With the caveat that they're going to 'The save/load loot exploit will be investigated further'

Not sure it needs "investigating", just cut out the middle man of randomisation and have it that clothing items have a standard number of slots in the first place based on their quality taking Limbs & Head/ Body as follows: -

Common 0/0

Uncommon 0/1
Rare 1/2
Epic 2/3

Legendary 3/4

That way people aren't going to endlessly keep reloading saves. I mean it's a single-player game at the end of the day. Randomisation is just a needless timesink in that respect.

Kadayi

Banned
Is there a way to own all the vehicles without doing an exploit or money glitch?

I think you can acquire a fair few for free, but I guess a lot depends on how much money you raise for ones you have to buy. Personally, I sell anything and everything of common quality and only disassemble Uncommon + items. TBH though aside from the badlands I don't drive cars around all that much versus use the bikes or fast travel.

Last edited:

zwiggelbig

I defended CDPR so hard with cyberpunk and I was looking forward to it so fucking much.. bought it on ps4, that experience sucked ass. Got it on steam and played with geforce now but the world is so fucking empty.. I really like the main story line but the driving sucks fucking ass to.. I just dropped the game and went back to playing warzone.. I'l prob wait til they fix most of the shit

Gp1

Grime's Instragram stories are interesting. She started playing and gave some impressions.

She voiced Lizzy Wizzy.

Yeah it is ridiculous.

It's related to their file structure I think.
This game only uses some huge compressed files. The gog version patches decompress, change a few things and recompress those files.

On EDIT and consoles they just download the entire patched files again, even if the changes are minimal.

Last edited:

sertopico

She voiced Lizzy Wizzy.

It's related to their file structure I think.
This game only uses some huge compressed files. The gog version patches decompress, change a few things and recompress those files.

On EDIT and consoles they just download the entire patched files again, even if the changes are minimal.
You nailed the issue. On console entire compressed archives are downloaded again even if the fix is small.

prag16

Banned
Yeah it was only 517 mb, great, but this nonsense where the update on GOG wants me ot have 50+ GB 'temporarily' free on my drive gets me every time. I've been meaning to uninstall some stuff anyway I guess.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned

It wasn't a hotfix to a hotfix though, it was a hotfix to a patch. Cmon on Elon, get it right dude.

As for the big assed parch sizes apparently its the way that the distributables are written. On PC the archives are much smaller and more of them where as with the consoles they're much bigger and there's only a few of them. So when one gets updated, the entire thing needs to be redownloaded, even if its only a small change. Not sure if this is specific to the game, or common across all PS/Xbox games as a rule

Tschumi

I love Cyberpunk but I've got two legit gripes that i feel can be said without impugning the game or the developers:

- V's voice actor is hammy crap no matter the voice.
- Keanu Reeves was dealt a dud script that he was not really equipped to bring to life.

First. I hate listening to the protagonists. I tried to roll guy like 4 times and i just had such a hard time relating to his hardass weasel-y voice that in the end i rolled female and must spend the rest of my first playthrough forcing myself to complete relationship paths with dudes just to get some feeling for the developer's intent. I hope they release some dlc with like 5 new voices, including "Average Joe/Joan Who Has Some Education".

Second, ouch. Why the hell did this script writer decide that leaving out the first word/few words of every freaking dialogue Johnny OR V says would make them sound,i dunno, hard bitten and savvy? I think Keanu did a pretty good job, considering his astonishing lack of instincts for jazzing up his delivery, but man if i have to hear him deliver lines with forced nonchalance because the script tells him to a few more times, I'm gonna play on mute..

A normal person: "i guess you could say that's true"
*This script: "... Could say it's true"

Or..
Normal: "you expect me to go into an ambush? You're out of your mind"
*Script: "expect me to go into an ambush? Out of your mind."

* Neither of these are direct quotes, neither is the following...

Exaggerated:
Normal: my name is v and I'm a badass, i have a chip in my head and that's the driver of this plot, now I'm about to go deus ex around because my user is controlling me that way"
Script: name's v. ... Tech in my head ... gonna off me. Gotta hack... ... ... cuz that's the way of the streets.

It's hard to really get this across but perhaps you dig me. Script is really rough at the start of basically every sentence by Johnny or V.

Love the game ^_^v

Last edited:

regawdless

Banned
Lol getting rejected by
Panam as female V
cut me deep. Legit got a chill when she pulled her legs away. Last time I've felt this invested in story/characters was Mass Effect 2.

Yeah, the characters and stories with the romance options are in general very good.

mitchman

Gold Member
I am ready to do the Space Oddity exploit. Will I mess up my achievements or trophies or any of that?
No, I'm almost certain it's there on purpose and is not an exploit. What Johnny says is that it will yield you money, and there there is not enough money for buying cars without either a massive grind or this painting thing.

Top Bottom