• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

Zheph

It's all personal opinion obviously but I got so tired after 40 hours of AC:V and I don't think I will go back anytime soon... on the other hand, I went above and beyond in Cyberpunk to get the platinum trophy and can't wait for more content/next-gen upgrade.

From the two questions, you seem to be more interested by the RPG aspect of the games and Cyberpunk is a clear winner in that area. Most of it is well summed by K King_Mandu and I would add that if you come from Origins or Odyssey, Cyberpunk will feel so much fresher!

it was both a design and a time saving decision. when you are designing the core mechanics of the game you end up with things that are not really a priority and the ncart system is one of those. it would be great for immersion but that would be its only purpose. and most people probably wouldn't use it more than 1, 2 or 3 times. same with the apartments. people wanted a lot of apartments to buy. in 100 hours i went to my apartment maybe 3 times and i know people that never went back.

the amount of resources you have to spend on those systems versus the amount of people actually using them is the important point here. of course you can add those systems and smile when someone makes a "the amazing details of cyberpunk you never noticed" youtube video but you can't afford to add low priority mechanics when you need to finish the game first.
Following this logic you can call anything that was cut a "design decision". Cutting the need to physically jack in to hack enemies is a better example of something that was cut purely because of a design decision.

Cutting a feature that would be completely optional and would only add immersion is more of a time saving decision.

Don't get me wrong - I understand why they made that call. It makes perfect sense when you look at the "finished" game.

They must have made a lot of this kind of difficult decisions throughout the development. I'm almost certain that V was able to pilot AVs at one point in time. You can see multiple buildings with fully rendered roof tops, including landing zones. Why would they go trough the trouble of rendering some building rooftops in this amazing detail when in case of 90% of them it's just a low-res flat texture that you clip through?

RIP Night City Train

B2nnJlE.jpg

Loostreaks

Finished Eurodyne questline: really fun, humor, great quests, breath of fresh air with how heavy/dark some others are in comparison. And that one with Blue Moon: smaller quest, but even that had several outcomes.

Fun moment: If you have a high enough Cool stat, you can take selfie with them ( it switches automatically to Photo mode):

Kudos points to devs for making a few ( well earned) jabs at anime/weeboo culture. :messenger_winking:
( Some are probably mad they couldn't romance any of the girls)

That about wraps it up, when it comes to all the gigs&side quests. Are there any/time-based that show up later?
I got the "point of no return" message near meeting with Hanako.

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
Cutting a feature that would be completely optional and would only add immersion is more of a time saving decision.

well that's the design decision right there. the design decision is that the feature is completely optional instead of actually useful. if you ended up in your apartment after every mission then spending resources to make the apartment system better is a priority. if you didn't have the fast travel kiosks and the train was much faster or convenient than a car then you can spend resources on the ncart system.

that's what i mean. of course cutting a feature that only adds immersion is a time saving decision. but the fact that the feature is useless in the first place is a design decision.

Last edited:

Zheph

Finished Eurodyne questline: really fun, humor, great quests, breath of fresh air with how heavy/dark some others are in comparison. And that one with Blue Moon: smaller quest, but even that had several outcomes.

Fun moment: If you have a high enough Cool stat, you can take selfie with them ( it switches automatically to Photo mode):

Kudos points to devs for making a few ( well earned) jabs at anime/weeboo culture. :messenger_winking:
( Some are probably mad they couldn't romance any of the girls)

That about wraps it up, when it comes to all the gigs&side quests. Are there any/time-based that show up later?
I got the "point of no return" message near meeting with Hanako.

I don't think there is much more after Blue Moon no but more content soon apparently!

well that's the design decision right there. the design decision is that the feature is completely optional instead of actually useful. if you ended up in your apartment after every mission then spending resources to make the apartment system better is a priority. if you didn't have the fast travel kiosks and the train was much faster or convenient than a car then you can spend resources on the ncart system.

that's what i mean. of course cutting a feature that only adds immersion is a time saving decision. but the fact that the feature is useless in the first place is a design decision.
I would agree 100% if not for a fact that transit system is ~40% complete. Clearly they really wanted to implement it. It was featured in the first trailer, it's featured on the game's official guide and in other marketing material.

But again - I understand why it happened. I'm just super salty about it. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I love trains

harmny

Banned
I would agree 100% if not for a fact that transit system is ~40% complete. Clearly they really wanted to implement it. It was featured in the first trailer, it's featured on the game's official guide and in other marketing material.

But again - I understand why it happened. I'm just super salty about it. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I love trains

Yes I think they wanted to Implement it too. I also like trains so I would have loved it.

scalman

so you know in some places people dancing near some car , like group ppl dancing , so there i was going near that group then other group came and they started to shoot one another... and then after they done , 2 guys that where left alive started dancing again ... lol wut ?
giphy.gif

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Last edited:
so you know in some places people dancing near some car , like group ppl dancing , so there i was going near that group then other group came and they started to shoot one another... and then after they done , 2 guys that where left alive started dancing again ... lol wut ?
giphy.gif
Yep, definitely sounds like a rave experience

Loostreaks

Ok ( deep breaths), on the balcony with Johnny: without going into spoiler territory...these are your final ending choices? (
going in with Nomads, Johnny/Rogue, or Hanako?
What's this I hear about secret ending ( I did pretty much everything and I'm on good terms with Johnny, so I've probably unlocked it ( I think I saw one additional option ( something something Maybe there is another way..)
Man, I don't want this game to end. But the main story doesn't feel short at all.

Last edited:
Ok ( deep breaths), on the balcony with Johnny: without going into spoiler territory...these are your final ending choices? (
going in with Nomads, Johnny/Rogue, or Hanako?
What's this I hear about secret ending ( I did pretty much everything and I'm on good terms with Johnny, so I've probably unlocked it ( I think I saw one additional option ( something something Maybe there is another way..)
Man, I don't want this game to end. But the main story doesn't feel short at all.

What percentage is your Johnny meter at?

Way to access the secret ending when on the roof spoilered just in case.
Sit there for 5 minutes and see if anything pops up. If not, make a decision

Have been happily playing for 50 hours on my OG Xbox One. Had it crash to desktop yesterday though and now the game refuses to open. I restarted the Xbox and it still wouldn't start, so I deleted it and attempted to redownload, now it won't even install, it just sits at 0.0% and will eventually say that it's corrupt and can't be installed. So I factory reset the Xbox, still getting the same error. Now my Xbox is telling me to join game pass even though it says I'm an ultimate member above my username. Did cyberpunk completely b0rk my console :D

All games/movies have cut content, I've no idea why people are freaking about this. It could be something that turned out to be dull ( in the long run), or caused unexpected issues with other parts of the game. It's not like developers intentionally make some cool quest or gameplay mechanic and then for no reason decide to throw it into bin ( Hell, AAA always promote themselves based on size..."This will be biggest open world ever! Hundreds of hours of content!").
Nine out of ten times when you watch removed scenes from some movie, it really ends up being the right choice.

If you access the world map, while driving, a lot of times, you'll get flipped into the air. I do it all the time with my bike, you can do some really bat shit crazy movie stunts with it ( by doing complete flips, spinning it and landing). :messenger_sunglasses:
Wouldn't recommend it with any of the cars, though.

Another glitch I've never seen! I've accessed the map plenty while driving, never gotten flipped into the air!

Loostreaks

What percentage is your Johnny meter at?

Way to access the secret ending when on the roof spoilered just in case.
Sit there for 5 minutes and see if anything pops up. If not, make a decision
You mean those 3 icons on UI screen? 90, 60, 40. ( Do you need a second 100 for it?)
Avoiding spoilers, I'm guessing endings are thematically
(
Nomads - Mortality, Family
Johnny/Rogue - "Rockerboy style of ending", Rebellion, death, go out in a blaze of glory
Hanako - Sacrifice your "soul" for digital immortality ( probably closest to rpg classic "evil" ending)

scalman

and about AC valhalla, well ubis makes games for many years now and they have perfected a lot of stuff there that even those devs can, so valhalla is still could be and is i think more versitale game , more free and better photo mode for sure. and longer game , larger world... i play only PS games , mostly open world and racing games, so cyberpunk is ok to play 2 times, but not more i think but in same time ubi released how many AC games ? and i enjoyed them all so much , for me exploration and side stuff, npc makes all world alive or its fails. i dont think i will want to play cuberpunk once more, i think 2 times is plenty, as you find then those limits that devs put here, i dont find same limits on ubi games for sure.

Last edited:
You mean those 3 icons on UI screen? 90, 60, 40. ( Do you need a second 100 for it?)
Avoiding spoilers, I'm guessing endings are thematically
(
Nomads - Mortality, Family
Johnny/Rogue - "Rockerboy style of ending", Rebellion, death, go out in a blaze of glory
Hanako - Sacrifice your "soul" for digital immortality ( probably closest to rpg classic "evil" ending)

Yeah, first is V's story, second is relationship with Johnny and third is your death clock or whatever. Supposedly, I didn't get it myself, the secret ending requires
your Johnny meter to be at 70% or higher and/which requires a specific dialogue choice(s) when you find his body. I was also at 60 and didn't get it.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Imagine if you got the sidejobs from fixers in person instead of via phone?

One of the best parts for me was meeting Dino, Dex, meeting Rogue. Agree to meet in some shady bar, talk business, you're on edge because a bodyguard has his hand on his weapon, insane atmosphere.

Man the potential for this game is near infinite.

EDMIX

Game is amazing, but you definitely get a sense of 'what could of been.' Makes my heart ache a little. :(

Thats all I get from this game.

Cops don't chase you in cars (yet has a star system and even has cop cars frozen in the world as cars don't work in the future for cops for some reason)

People die in scripted shit, yet if you randomly kill someone, no ambulance comes to do anything, yet do in 1 scripted mission (GTAIII has ambulances and paramedics in the live open world)

Gangs can't drive cars either, its illegal in this world.

Every time I play the game, I see a massive list of what could have been done with this world by a better team. (either that or a better management that actually hires enough people to properly do this concept)

At this point, I'm not even asking for anything revolutionary here, I'm dead ass asking for PS2 level features found in GTA's that make complete sense in any normal city. If you just add GTASA features (not even IV or V) just SA, you have a design that can be built upon to improve it even deeper.

Add back trains.
Add back apartments to make what you even earn MEAN something to the end game.
Make gangs actually drive cars to come after you
Make COPS do their jobs lol, drive cars, send out swat cars and those beast helicopters we saw in the beginning of the game in that scripted scene.
Ambulance show up to pick up bodies
If you are a streetkid, shit let us JOIN THE GANG and do missions for them.
Allow the fucking stores to be robbed, allow the character to be good or evil as the story argues a narrative it doesn't even want you to partake in and gives you no real freedom to even be any of that shit.
If you are a corpo start off in a mansion or penthouse as clearly we know those exist in the game.
Add something for the girlfriend or boyfriends to actually do, shit let them join you on missions, do something as shit its your concept and it seems they don't even want to support their own ideas past a few missions.

Most of what I'm asking for isn't some massive thing, many of it is shit already in other games much older and with ideas the game even tells you itself about its world. I'm asking for the world to fully support its own narrative OUTSIDE of just scripted shit.

It seems like this game basically struggles to be GTAIII from 2001, so resorts to just doing GTA level stuff only in theses really bad scripted scenes that would just make more sense to have done off rails to fully flesh out the world. So I'm hopeful the backlash really makes them correct this stuff, add more staff and either fix this game, or have a real sequel that can be what many of us consider the real Cyberpunk 2077 1 vs Cyberpunk 2077 early access, beta etc.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Yeah in terms of open world mechanics the game is on par with games like Just Cause 2, The Saboteur or Ghost Recon Wildlands; just the absolute most basic fundamentals of what an open world game should have with literally zero mechanics or AI for anything that's not the most basic AI scripting. There are no dynamic systems in place whatsoever.

Last edited:

Um so why can't the cars actually go this fast in game?

Would be nice if the high end cars were able to reach these speeds.

EDIT: Forgot about the HDD speeds on consoles. Pop in would be shit tier. Nevermind.

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
Yeah in terms of open world mechanics the game is on par with games like Just Cause 2, The Saboteur or Ghost Recon Wildlands; just the absolute most basic fundamentals of what an open world game should have with literally zero mechanics or AI for anything that's not the most basic AI scripting. There are no dynamic systems in place whatsoever.
Or tw3

harmny

Banned
Astute observation, Witcher 3 indeed does not have car chases, ambulances, Trauma Team, gangs chasing you, stores getting robbed, multiple apartments.

CDPR are hacks.

Indeed. Or different horses (cars) Or police ai. Or being able to kill civilians or steal their horse

Last edited:
I don't believe this was ever meant to be much more than what we have now. Some of you guys were expecting a life simulator. It's an open world story driven RPG from the makers of the Witcher franchise.

The Witcher wasn't a life sim, neither is Cyberpunk, and their next franchise won't be one either. It may have some added features, but their bread and butter is an epic mature storyline with some of the best side quests around. That's what everyone should expect from CDPR.

Last edited:

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Just finished the game. Took 52 hours to do the main quest and all of the main side stories (Panam, Rivers, Peralez, taxi cab, the tattooed BD woman, etc.) plus a few of the highest danger gigs. Didn't end up purchasing any vehicles. I'd probably give it a 6 or 7/10.

All in all, its a fun story oriented action adventure/FPS/RPG. The combat opens up quite a bit once you get the jump mods installed, but the stealth in the game is pretty unsatisfying partly owing to the brain dead AI. I ended up switching from my initial plan to have a non lethal stealth run to just killing as many people as possible, which I think is the way to play this game. The gun play, along with the graphics and story, are the strongest points of this game.

My biggest complaint has to do with the open world, and how nothing in it seems to react to you appropriately. This is a complaint I have with most open world games, but Cyberpunk is worse than most in this regard. The terrible AI plays a part in this, as does the lack of emergent gameplay. But the game world also never seems to react to your decisions or progress. For example, when I wiped out the Voodoo Boys leadership, after about a 2 minute gunfight with the remaining members everything basically went back to normal. Or when Takemura kidnapped the sister and the parade went to shit , the entire area went back to normal in the span of a 5 second elevator ride, with no lingering evidence of the chaos from the parade.

The mission design is also pretty linear. I wasn't able to rescue Saul without first going to the security room to find him, even though I already knew where he was because I had entered the base through the pipe and found him right away. The RPG aspects of the game are also weak, with the skill tree being a waste of time and the life paths amounting to nothing. I still think the game would have been better if they had cut the fat of the useless open world and RPG elements and just given us an episode based adventure/FPS.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Indeed. Or different horses (cars) Or police ai. Or being able to kill civilians or steal their horse

Funny enough, I'm ok that Witcher 3 doesn't have that as they made the main character not about that life so it can work.

CP2077 is title where you are making your character and can choose that path (or should be able to).

I'd even setting for that classic PS2 type shit where you could be evil or good lol

Like Good streetkid helps resolve the gangs beef with terf war, evil Streetkid joins a gang and partakes in robbing people, stories and cars for the gang and gang killing etc

Good Corpo is like some fucking philanthropist, out here using their money to do good, making tech that can help the whole world...but for free or at low cost or some shit (give some choice where they can choose to make the tech expensive to be massively wealthy so you could buy that mansion or be good and take less money) vs Evil Corpo only wants dem hostel take overs lol

etc Being able to steal or do good comes with the territory with a build a character type RPG, that I get doesn't always fit with a fixed character.

EDMIX

Just finished the game. Took 52 hours to do the main quest and all of the main side stories (Panam, Rivers, Peralez, taxi cab, the tattooed BD woman, etc.) plus a few of the highest danger gigs. Didn't end up purchasing any vehicles. I'd probably give it a 6 or 7/10.

All in all, its a fun story oriented action adventure/FPS/RPG. The combat opens up quite a bit once you get the jump mods installed, but the stealth in the game is pretty unsatisfying partly owing to the brain dead AI. I ended up switching from my initial plan to have a non lethal stealth run to just killing as many people as possible, which I think is the way to play this game. The gun play, along with the graphics and story, are the strongest points of this game.

My biggest complaint has to do with the open world, and how nothing in it seems to react to you appropriately. This is a complaint I have with most open world games, but Cyberpunk is worse than most in this regard. The terrible AI plays a part in this, as does the lack of emergent gameplay. But the game world also never seems to react to your decisions or progress. For example, when I wiped out the Voodoo Boys leadership, after about a 2 minute gunfight with the remaining members everything basically went back to normal. Or when Takemura kidnapped the sister and the parade went to shit , the entire area went back to normal in the span of a 5 second elevator ride, with no lingering evidence of the chaos from the parade.

The mission design is also pretty linear. I wasn't able to rescue Saul without first going to the security room to find him, even though I already knew where he was because I had entered the base through the pipe and found him right away. The RPG aspects of the game are also weak, with the skill tree being a waste of time and the life paths amounting to nothing. I still think the game would have been better if they had cut the fat of the useless open world and RPG elements and just given us an episode based adventure/FPS.

Pretty much. You and I have pretty much the same view on the game. This isn't the worst title ever, but you can feel what another team could have done waaaay better. It feels like the people who made the story have no communication with the people making the game world or any of its mechanics. I'm willing to forgive slow NPC in the open world, but I draw the line with the combat. For something that feels so good, it feels wasted on AI frozen behind cover, slow to react, won't hunt you down. At one point I needed to hunt them to even do anything fun as I knew they just where not smart enough to go after me. I was running deep in a building during a mission and felt like "better turn around and lore them in here......." nothing happened, I was then reminded just how slow the NPC are and just ended up calmly walking around offing everyone lol

Mid game, it makes leveling up just pointless as I never felt the AI was going to hunt me down, hack me, disable my guns, stop me from seeing or anything like that. Its clear the game has room for such things to even exist as shit...you are in the universe were theses dudes should be the most dangerous in the first place. So a massive disconnect exist from the narrative of the game, to the actual mechanics and how the AI responds

Pretty much. You and I have pretty much the same view on the game. This isn't the worst title ever, but you can feel what another team could have done waaaay better. It feels like the people who made the story have no communication with the people making the game world or any of its mechanics. I'm willing to forgive slow NPC in the open world, but I draw the line with the combat. For something that feels so good, it feels wasted on AI frozen behind cover, slow to react, won't hunt you down. At one point I needed to hunt them to even do anything fun as I knew they just where not smart enough to go after me. I was running deep in a building during a mission and felt like "better turn around and lore them in here......." nothing happened, I was then reminded just how slow the NPC are and just ended up calmly walking around offing everyone lol

Mid game, it makes leveling up just pointless as I never felt the AI was going to hunt me down, hack me, disable my guns, stop me from seeing or anything like that. Its clear the game has room for such things to even exist as shit...you are in the universe were theses dudes should be the most dangerous in the first place. So a massive disconnect exist from the narrative of the game, to the actual mechanics and how the AI responds

Yeah yeah we get it, dude. You don't think too highly of this game. Stop spamming

Will continue to post my view on this game. I don't even know why you get upset by this.... This thread is about CP2077...... So I'm not going to stop posting simply because you are upset about folks views on this title man.

You're wrong, it was made clear that this thread is for people who enjoy the game. Criticism is welcome, but you literally spam this thread with the same negative bullshit on every post. There's plenty of threads for that. Not this one, gonk.

EDMIX

You're wrong, it was made clear that this thread is for people who enjoy the game. Criticism is welcome, but you literally spam this thread with the same negative bullshit on every post. There's plenty of threads for that. Not this one, gonk.

You might see the criticism as negative, but views regarding the game good or bad are very much allowed. No need to get triggered. It would be like me telling you "but you literally spam this thread with the same positive bullshit on every post. There's plenty of threads for that. Not this one" etc.

If you disagree...ok, thats fine. Add me to ignore and I'll do the same for you, but I won't stop posting my views on the game simply because you triggered or something as I've never told anyone to stop posting what they feel about the title just cause I disagree or something. We are allowed to disagree, thats life. =)

You might see the criticism as negative, but views regarding the game good or bad are very much allowed. No need to get triggered. It would be like me telling you "but you literally spam this thread with the same positive bullshit on every post. There's plenty of threads for that. Not this one" etc.

If you disagree...ok, thats fine. Add me to ignore and I'll do the same for you, but I won't stop posting my views on the game simply because you triggered or something as I've never told anyone to stop posting what they feel about the title just cause I disagree or something. We are allowed to disagree, thats life. =)

Don't act like you actually engage in meaningful conversation here. You post the same bullshit about how this game sucks and is limited, over and over. That's your MO. We get it. This thread ain't for that.

Don't act like you actually engage in meaningful conversation here. You post the same bullshit about how this game sucks and is limited, over and over. That's your MO. We get it. This thread ain't for that.

This place is for both. The line is drawn when it causes heated debate which right now you're the cause off

Stop getting triggered and use the ignore function

This place is for both. The line is drawn when it causes heated debate which right now you're the cause off

Stop getting triggered and use the ignore function

Another gonk who dislikes the game coming to his rescue. What a shocker 😂

Nah, dude. This guy is well known here for his constant negativity. He doesn't post screenshots; tips, memes, literally nothing of value. Just non-stop whining about how little he thinks of the game.

Like I said, this is the one thread meant for those of us who enjoy the game. Plenty of other threads to where you can freely shit on Cyberpunk to your heart's content.

harmny

Banned
I bought fallout 4 on steam in the sale and let me just say this. After cyberpunk I felt like I was playing oblivion again. I think people will appreciate what cdpr did more in the future. Especially when other open world games launch. Also lol at the people saying the combat is bad.
Todd be careful with starfield

Last edited:

Warablo

Yeah, I haven't completed the game, but I think they need some more kind of end game things to do. Repeatable missions/crimes/gigs, Apartments, Mansion, customization of said apartments, garages, clothing closest/mannequin

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I just beat the game on PS5. 52 hours it took me and I skipped a lot towards the end. Pretty fascinating ending! I rushed towards the end skipping all the side ops so I’m planning on going back and doing a more 100% run next go around. Feel like starting as a street kid. Ending was cool, glad I saw the no frills one so I can experience one with all the side quests later. Great game! Love it.

Last edited:

Dorohedoro

Took 147 hours to complete my first run. This is a very good game, it has great characters, fun combat, a beautiful world to explore but you have to be willing to forgive a lot of its obvious shortcomings in order to maximize your enjoyment. It's not as good as TW3 but no shame in that because TW3 has set such a high bar. But it could end up coming pretty close to it if they nail the DLCs/Expansions. Did pretty much everything I could find in the world, got to level 50/50 street creed. I got The Star ending. Only thing I didn't complete was buying all the cars (I had 11 left to buy) because I didn't feel like grinding for hours to get the rest of the money, fuck that shit. And I lost that thing that shops buy for 4k eddies that you can abuse to keep earning ez money when I forgot to buy it back from some random drop box anyway. I don't like having the cars for sale in the quest log, there was nothing left in the log every time I beat TW3 but looks like that ain't gonna happen with this game unless they make the cars cheaper, give you a lot more money for completing quests, or create more ways to make money without resorting to exploits or some other tedious "legit" way.

Reloaded to see a couple of other endings like
the suicide one, and the one where you go to the space station for surgery and end up going back to Earth but only have 6 months to live. You can make a different choice in the latter ending, as well as earn a trophy if you saved Takemura but I had no idea that was even possible until long after I finished that quest.

Btw CDPR let me bang that Japanese broad with the freaky eyes you cowards. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Saving my second playthrough as a female corpo V for when the 2 large patches drop. Speaking of the patches, these are the issues I found the most bothersome on base PS4 and they need to be fixed, even tho I should probably consider myself lucky I never experienced anything game-breaking considering this is like the 2nd worst platform to play Cyberpunk 2077 on after base XB1.

- 15 crashes, but I suppose it could be worse, I've heard of some PS5 players getting way more which is outrageous since they're using superior hardware.
- When Wakako Okada calls you for various gigs, a lot of her dialogue just flat out doesn't play so you have these awkward silences where she just stares at you then V is like "Ok so you want me to do this?".
- The camera in certain vehicles when driving in first person needs to be raised, because right now a lot of the dashboards take up a huge chunk of the screen to the point where you can barely see anything in front you.
- It takes like 5 minutes for the game to recognize you want to switch from third to first person or vice versa, if it does it at all.
- I think the radio is broken in some ways. There always seems to be the same song playing when I put it on certain stations, and do something about those fucking idiots interrupting songs with their bullshit. "Good moooorning Night Cityyyyy". Piss off. The news reports do it too, why not just make that its own station? The only non-music stuff I didn't mind was Mike.
- The NPCs often don't load properly and they look like N64 characters for a few seconds. It was nightmare fuel one time when some NPC woke my V up in Pacifica while looking like a monster from an early Silent Hill game. Improve the pop-in while driving too.
- I don't know if the rain is bugged or not but it's surely not meant to be so rare?
- And this one might be the worst of them all (not my screen but it happened to me a lot) it was next to impossible to drive in first person when this would rear its ugly head.

cvbiiRZ.png

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
A couple of shitty bugs on my PS4

Can't ADS with certain guns or charge them. Can only shoot from the hip
Camera stuck in first person in cars
Melee Weapons don't do any damage at all
screen hitch any time you turn the camera quickly especially when driving

And of course at least one crash per play session. When the screen freezes Im clenching my butt cheeks.

But the game still keeps me coming back for more.

All though I feel like now I am at the point where I am powerful enough to deal with enemies so the game just makes them bullet an hacking sponges. Guess gotta upgrade my guns and find cyberpsychosis somewhere. Do I need a perk?

There is something fun about clearing out an area. Double Jump should have been there from the start or an early upgrade. Someone mentioned hover legs anyone know where to get them? I never find any ripper docs with any different legs.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Finished up the final side quests I had left (didn't expect the Johnny arch in Act 3 to go on so long... can't believe that's all not part of the main story), and now ready to finally go past the point of no return. Max level, 85 hours, full Johnny Legendary gear (max slots) with over 5K armor now and some badass guns. Ready to wrap this up. Depending on how the ending goes, this is probably my personal game of the year.

yQw3gbO.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe this was ever meant to be much more than what we have now. Some of you guys were expecting a life simulator. It's an open world story driven RPG from the makers of the Witcher franchise.

The Witcher wasn't a life sim, neither is Cyberpunk, and their next franchise won't be one either. It may have some added features, but their bread and butter is an epic mature storyline with some of the best side quests around. That's what everyone should expect from CDPR.
You don't believe developers own words from multiple previews and interviews that they did throughout the years?

I don't think many people expected a life simulator. I personally expected the bear minimum in terms of AI and player interaction with the world. I love this game but these things are not here and game is clearly unfinished in many aspects and to claim otherwise is just to lie to yourself.

I mean just look at this, shit's embarrassing:

2AdEPT

Fanboy shit like this is so cringy

I'm loving the game, but c'mon. On more than capable hardware such as the PS5 the game is crashing like crazy.
Really? we are now either fanboys or haters? It would appear that just like society in general nowadays things break down too black and white, no room for the colours in between. Anyone that thought this game would play perfectly on old consoles, and that includes PS4 version with backward compatibility crap on the PS5, the console I chose to play it on, was fooling themself. I for one thought the post was funny. THe crahses on PS5 are because of the backward compatibility and yes the version we are playing was not designed for it ...we knew that before release. I made the conscious decision that the game was really coming out for PS5 in the spring not now, but I wanted to play it now and suffer the consequences. I was pleasntly surprised not the onther way around! LOL. I get more 60 FPS on the PS5 likley than I would had I bought it on my shitty 2012 PC with 680 GTX which didnt even meet the minuimum requirements. Somehow i got through Sekiro with it so I was tempted. LOL.

Although I agree that CDPR needs to sort out what they are doing and deserve at least some of the valid criticism, there is far too much criticism for what actaully happended...(the industry as a whole is corrupt see below) . I knew dam well that although my old PC was goign to be a better option for some things, modding one of them, that I would POSSIBLY get 60 FPS on Ps5, that was all I needed to know to make my decision and Im living with it. It was acvtually a good decision. I am getting a great looking game and it is realtively smooth despite the crashes, which are likely owing to the backward compatibility crap. THis will go away when the actual PS5 veriosn comes out in the spring.

I feel bad as a Canadian that Brazil sucks for gaming, this game in particular as the whole world needs an in depth cyberpunk world to dwell in, felt really lucky to get a Ps5 without pre-ordering, so I went with it for this game, but there is no need to call out people as fanboys. This is the thread for people who are having a good time to celebrate the game in peace also, so rest asssured you will have a lot of poeple in here who like CDPR and this type of game. There are zero complaints from me even though it crashes as much as Fallout NV did because I know there are reasons for it. Bethesada has no excuse and are raping people dry of cash with online BS and never fixed Fallout to this date even on PC. I didnt hate on NV either, as obsidian likley wasnt to blame, I just didnt buy fallout 4 nor 76.

I would be shocked if most posters here dont know about the game dev career option, but just in case you dont...Ill rant on it. My wife worked in it temproarily and of course many of our friends still work in it, I know the music manager for EA games here in Vancouver personally and even though every beep whistle and sound effect that goes through all the EA hockey games emanates from his department and he is the "manager" and head of the department.....he gets paid peanuts compared to other exec friends I have in other "real" businesses. THe idea is that you should feel priviledge to be in the industry, we give you a wellness centre at work to eat drink,exercise, play foozball and relax, but you have to be aware there are going to be inhumane "crunch times" etc. This is rediculous and labour law will shut this down eventually. The workers dont want to rock the boat because in a way they believe they are privileged to work for a game company instead of an oil company etc. TBH I am thankful for any games at all outside Japan or the US where slave labour has not been indoctirnated to a science. Europe isnt cut out that way and its not really surprising that either the workers just cant hack the American/Japan work "ethic" (oxymoron) or there is simple mutiny and mass resignations.

Im not trying to make excuses for CDPR as a "fanboy" but Count me as unsurprised that CDPR has grown really quickly and is now suffering the same "crunch" that other big name companies impose on their middle managers and workers. Even if that leak was false the content in it is happening in the industry on an ongoing basis. Who is to blame? I guess in each company is differnt and we dont know CDPR's story, but rest assured someone isnt on the same page. Probably doesnt help its in Europe where most people dont work for peannuts typically nor accept poor benefits. Canada gets wedged in between Europe and the US for these kinds of things, and although we have a disproportionate amont of gamers per captita, game developers per capita, the same BS as the states goes on with UBisoft and bioware, EA never was canadian they just know where the dollar was cheaper LOL.The walmart of Game studios .

I cant possibly direct my angst at any of you in this thread, there are no fanboys or haters, everyone is just trying to use the gaming outlet to protect themselves from the real disorder which is the corpo world....maybe the whole cyberpunk 2077 paradox is tryng to tell us something?? The Irony of CDPR of all companies succumbing to the marionette strings of the corp world, through release of a game that supposedly admonishes us against the evils of the corpo world is beyond brilliant.
Well Im on console this time round and I cant do the mods. You can go on pornhub and see the Cyberpunk sex scenes also but with no context it would kinda suck, I mean as interesting as it is to see the scenes CDPR comes up with, the real porn on porn sites is "better" if thats what you wnat to do with your time. I was really tempted to look on pornhub for Panam as my female V got shot down and still really connected with her as a friend, maybe even more than Judy...Ill wait to see what happens with my next character who will be male, but it wil be anticlimactic as I already know all the scenes as feamle V anyway.
You can miss the entire Brendan quest if you don't initiate it soon enough. I agree, there should be more dynamic and random stuff that can just happen as you explore the map. There's absolutely nothing dynamic in this game. Quests, encounters, NPCs, vehicle traffic, car chases, police system... everything is heavily scripted.

It's the most beautiful open world game ever created. It's also a perfect example of "look but don't touch" kind of world.
Yean I have been searching for that quest in my Journal where the monk asks me to find his brother....can never find it....its it really gone?
Imagine if you got the sidejobs from fixers in person instead of via phone?

One of the best parts for me was meeting Dino, Dex, meeting Rogue. Agree to meet in some shady bar, talk business, you're on edge because a bodyguard has his hand on his weapon, insane atmosphere.

Man the potential for this game is near infinite.
Ummm, you cant possibly be trying to troll us right? Im only half way through and I have met almost all the fixers. I assume you can meet all the fixers since that seems to be the trend in my game? . Several of them outside the ones you mentioned gave me at least one or two quests each in person. In fact, imagine my surprise when I stumbled up some stairs, disabled some laser beams and turret cannons, only to find Regina and a couple henchmen ready to blast me for messing with their hoard of high tech shit! Regina goes something like "what are you doing here V?" and tells her henchmen not to shoot me. Was a downer there was no (awesome) loot but Felt really cool to just stumble on them without uisng the map. (I realize the hand shake symbol was likely there but I wasnt looking at the map! LOL)

I cant be the only person this stuff is happening to right? ITs likemost people are missing half to 2/3 of the game thinking they did eveything just because of quest markers or plantinum or whatever?

Even if you dont do it the whole game...I implore all of you...just do some random exploration...even just a a little, you will be rewarded much more than by other RPG Bethesda included. Despite the size is waay bigger they still foudn a way to pack more shtuff into the game than Bethesda does and I havent got bugged out quests for doing stuff out of order (although now after reading above Im paranoid many of my early quests are no cancelled for lack of time and attention to them earlier).

Last edited:

Fredrik

Just got this running on Geforce Now in Ray Traced Ultra. And now I want to upgrade my PC. Bummer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom