• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

Oh I see.

I try to hack them with breach protocol? But I fail sometimes and that game is annoying at times.

Man why can't they just let you buy it somewhere I have the money thanks to the painting trick LOL.

Oh well I guess I won't be able to make guys shoot each other have to just rely on suicide system reboot, contagion and overheat.
It seems to get easier the higher your intelligence and a perk secures the first row. It's pretty easy if you just focus on one tier. I just went after the 3rd/highest tier and sometimes got two or all three. They're a good source of cash in the early game.

Rikkori

There's just SO MUCH DEPTH! to the writing in this game, it's incredible. I just wish it wasn't so convoluted to uncover as it's so easy to miss. !HUGE SPOILERS! in the video, so don't watch if you haven't finished it yet. This game is going to make a major comeback as people start uncovering more of it imo.

Warablo

Oh I see.

I try to hack them with breach protocol? But I fail sometimes and that game is annoying at times.

Man why can't they just let you buy it somewhere I have the money thanks to the painting trick LOL.

Oh well I guess I won't be able to make guys shoot each other have to just rely on suicide system reboot, contagion and overheat.
You can buy uncommon-rare tier hacks around Night City at one of the vendors. One is in Kabuki, the other I can't remember but the highest tier vendor I've found was the one in Pacifica. Netrunners can drop hacks and your suppose to get random hacks from data points, but its buggy at the moment. Otherwise you probably gotta craft the highest tier ones if they aren't dropping from high level data points.

Last edited:
You can buy uncommon-rare tier hacks around Night City at one of the vendors. One is in Kabuki, the other I can't remember but the highest tier vendor I've found was the one in Pacifica. Netrunners can drop hacks and your suppose to get random hacks from data points, but its buggy at the moment. Otherwise you probably gotta craft the highest tier ones if they aren't dropping from high level data points.
The bug with Access Points happen if you have the bugged common tier Ping quickhack which is permanently marked as a quest item. You should be able to get rid of it if you craft or acquire a higher tier Ping.

Warablo

The bug with Access Points happen if you have the bugged common tier Ping quickhack which is permanently marked as a quest item. You should be able to get rid of it if you craft or acquire a higher tier Ping.
Ive had it fix its self in my first playthrough, but got legendary ping right now on my second, still think its bugged. We'll see.

Ivory Blood

ErpA8-_WMAUDNfV

Exentryk

So Patch 1.1 within 10 days, and then Patch 1.2 within a few weeks after that (perhaps by Feb 15). The Free DLCs seem to be around April, and the next gen update around September.

I'll likely be finished by then though, and the small free DLC updates likely won't be enough to bother starting up the game. It would appear if this game will have major expansions (similar to Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine in Witcher 3), that they will come in 2022.

P.S. - I wouldn't mind some DLCs with races. Driving around in Night City and then in Badland's uneven terrain was loads of fun!

Last edited:

Mozzarella

Whelp, we won't be seeing the DLCs anytime soon.
Yeah, i thought around June/July we may get one, but it seems like this will be a thing in 2022, I think i will forget about this game by that time.
Imagine it next gen games will be out by 2022 like Elden Ring, i dont think a DLC trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 at that time will make me care to come back or will give me hype.
They are probably afraid to release anything now until their image regains its good reputation.

Moogle11

Banned
Kind of disappointed that the next-gen update for the Xbox Series X and PS5 is so late in the year😔
Fine by me. I'm pretty burnt out on it and ready to finish it up (maybe tonight) and set it aside for a long while. I'll check out the free DLC once the next gen update is out.

Exentryk

They are probably afraid to release anything now until their image regains its good reputation.
Yeah, I mean that makes sense. Gotta fix the base game before you can add less important stuff, otherwise people will complain.

Having said that, both expansions to the Witcher 3 were excellent, and the story content and quests here are also really good. So I will definitely be back for expansions whenever they release.

Kadayi

Banned
It seems to get easier the higher your intelligence and a perk secures the first row. It's pretty easy if you just focus on one tier. I just went after the 3rd/highest tier and sometimes got two or all three. They're a good source of cash in the early game.

Buy the Legendary Cyberdeck in at the Big Muscular Ripperdoc in the Bazaar area in Watson. It has 8 buffer slots.
Kind of disappointed that the next-gen update for the Xbox Series X and PS5 is so late in the year😔

I guess they're probably going to be a thorough reworking and get some of that ray tracing goodness going on.

Anyway word is that it based on some activity on Steam that people reckon will be a patch dropping this week, as they've been deploying some files, which usually happens a couple of days before, but no guarantees. However, given the recently released statement, I wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited:

Loostreaks

Kind of what I was hoping for. I really want to see them expand what is somewhat/missing from the game and iron out rough edges.
In terms of content, something like a Nemesis/bounty system like in Odyssey would work great here. Lifepath exclusive stories. Restoring post prologue Jackie/V content. Gang/faction related quests that would have some impact on the district ( with player choosing sides). Additional quests based on player choices in main story ( Maelstrom/Militech, Netwatch/Voodoo boys).

Moogle11

Banned
Pushed through the point of no return and beat the game just now. I loved it as a whole, easy 9/10 for me even with the issues that were fairly minor on XSX after the first couple of hot fixes. Really loved the city and lore, characters and all the great little stories with even many minor side jobs and gigs, and especially the major NPC quest lines like Panam and Judy.

Really happy with my ending choices.
I’d romanced Panam, so I went with the option to have her help and then to return to my body and roll with the nomads. Perfect ending for having started as a nomad and having romanced her.

Need a break from the game for a while, but I’ll pop back in and check out the other ending options after a the updates the next couple of months. From what I can gather there’s at least one other path in the main path I took and then two other options from an earlier choice (that I’m guessing may have a latter split too).

Barakov

Gold Member
Just beat it after putting in a little over 40 hours. Satisfied with my ending but I'm glad it's over. I'll probably check back in with when they patch it up in 6 months.

2AdEPT

Is there a dope ass revolver or desert eagle like pistol with a lot of kick I can get somewhere? I hate these techie guns with auto assist

something like what you use during the silver hand segment
there is a crafting mod for anawesone revolver in one of the south skull police gang quests.

regawdless

Banned
The more I play the game, the more I fall in love with it. The visuals on my 3080 with all that raytracing are amazing and the world building is hugely impressive. So many incredible places, I love the architecture. Not only the city, also areas outside of it are very atmospheric. I've done a lot of side quests and only like 30 or 40 % of the main quests.

In the beginning, I wasn't able to really connect to the world and the characters. But now the game got me. All these text messages, side quests and characters add so much and make me feel emotionally involved. It adds a certain dynamic and makes the world feel lived in.

sertopico

The more I play the game, the more I fall in love with it. The visuals on my 3080 with all that raytracing are amazing and the world building is hugely impressive. So many incredible places, I love the architecture. Not only the city, also areas outside of it are very atmospheric. I've done a lot of side quests and only like 30 or 40 % of the main quests.

In the beginning, I wasn't able to really connect to the world and the characters. But now the game got me. All these text messages, side quests and characters add so much and make me feel emotionally involved. It adds a certain dynamic and makes the world feel lived in.
Agreed, I had exactly the same feeling. It takes time to get to know the city and its characters better, and not every open world game is able to make you feel present in the context they created to this extent. It's not all about pedestrians' AI, there are many different layers which actively contribute to the final picture.

scalman

Think most of us where flying on that hype first week or so, everything is perfect everything id best. Now you give game as rest for week or so and you load it again on medium settings without rt effects and yes you can find how it can look kinda meh, soecially when sun is not in sky so its bo light source from top, no shadows in ground and you notice how flat it can look at times. Still great fun sure, but i must say i had much slower gameplay on deus ex last 2 games there here. You cant escape from that fast action style that its better to use on those expolarations when you come to some camp for 50th time and you just bam bam bam all dead mission done.
Then you can screw your game for some time to first going to harder side activities and getting there better loot and then later do easier missions , gigs and for next 6 hrs you get only worse clothes and weapons. So yh its easy to kinda ruin your own experience. So it must be kinda rule to not go to hard missions if you still have easy missions to do because later those easy ones will just suck.

regawdless

Banned
Agreed, I had exactly the same feeling. It takes time to get to know the city and its characters better, and not every open world game is able to make you feel present in the context they created to this extent. It's not all about pedestrians' AI, there are many different layers which actively contribute to the final picture.

Yeah, all the criticism regarding the AI etc kinda isn't affecting my experience. Because I don't play it like a GTA and wreck havoc and don't expect some advanced crowd AI. Not saying that it couldn't be better of course. But the scale of the city, the sheer number of NPCs and cars are great. Because honestly, I'm mostly running or driving from A to B, and yes, it's just window dressing. But it doesn't need to be more for me. It generates a lot of atmosphere with tons of NPCs that do different things and I've overheard a lot of interesting conversations.
And it's not like other games like AC for example do it any better.

Regarding the quests and characters: it's a lot of fun and pulls me in to have multiple quests with them. And there are so many cool details, hidden things, different outcomes.

Even small stuff like things in your apartment appearing after certain quests. The game has a lot of layers and I'm continually impressed.

That said, some of the bugs really fucked up the atmosphere in certain scenes. Like driving with Panama and their friends to a mission and the other cars are just glitching through the environment like crazy.
Or important NPCs in emotional dialogues glitching back and forth. And so on.

Still, great achievement so far and I can't stress enough how incredibly build that world is.

Just found out V's male voice actor isn't American. That explains a lot. I've been watching my wife play as female V and I gotta say, her VA fit the role so much better. A natural fit with Jackie especially. Male V is such a tryhard.

Kadayi

Banned

Yeah, there's a lot there to discover if people look under the hood especially when it comes to the shards, emails etc and the reason behind particular things. There's a lot of interconnectedness which reminds me in many ways of IOI approach to world-building in the Hitman games.

A lot of the Tyger Claw Blue missions in Kabuki all link back to Jotaro who is the XBD fanatic who runs a gambling club, and there's also the whole Glitter Drug thing going on as well

You need to take your time to appreciate this sort of thing though and unfortunately, not a lot of people do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Woggleman

I fully admit the AI issues but this game still has a ton of atmosphere. I hope they can get all the other issues sorted out so people can go back and appreciate all the things this game does get right and it is a lot. Looking at the like to dislike ratio on that video it seems many are willing to.

mitchman

Gold Member
I might be closing in on 250 hours in this game, at the tail end of my 2nd full play-though where I picked up everything, go everywhere etc. Surprisingly different from the first play-through, different decisions makes for different outcomes in many missions. I also focused more on hacking the 2nd time. Still need to sink a lot into Crafting, I wish that wasn't so expensive (18 levels and a lot of perks).

scalman

that roadmap is kinda... too late too little , i maybe will want to play this game again 3rd time , maybe later maybe on next gen but then that will be very late, some new next gen games will come out by that time and our understanding might change depends on how good those will look. i know some people like waiting to play this game just on next gen, for me its allmost done now , i wanna move on to new games , give me new.

Kadayi

Banned
that roadmap is kinda... too late too little , i maybe will want to play this game again 3rd time , maybe later maybe on next gen but then that will be very late, some new next gen games will come out by that time and our understanding might change depends on how good those will look. i know some people like waiting to play this game just on next gen, for me its allmost done now , i wanna move on to new games , give me new.

The free DLC that's coming is going to bigger than what they released with TW3 according to what was said. I think that alone will have people returning to play over late Spring/Summer.

Keihart

Anyone has some RTX3070 settings for 1080p? i just upgraded and just looking at the fucking menu made me close the game. I already know presets are bad on this so i welcome some recommendations.

Kadayi

Banned
if thats true then sure, but we need to hear about that DLC more.

It's from a while ago, and obviously with the need for extensive patching it's been pushed back in terms of release, but we should still be expecting a couple of substantive releases in terms of additional gameplay (The Multi-player is it's own separate thing).

I'd expect reveals on the DLC after the 1.2 patch. There's no point going into details on it at present, when all that's going to happen is people will an axe to grind are going to shit up any announcements. Not that, that won't happen to some degree, but assuming 1.1 & 1.2 largely address many of the outlying issues, it will be less prevalent.

regawdless

Banned
I praised the game so much and now it screws me so hard.

It crashes every time I'm or the game is saving. So fast travel equals crash, entering a new location equals crash, even pushing ESC and manually saving crashes the game.

If nothing saves, the game isn't crashing. Urgh it's so frustrating. Anyone an idea what I can do? On PC obviously.

Last edited:

MadYarpen

I praised the game so much and now it screws me so hard.

It crashes every time I'm or the game is saving. So fast travel equals crash, entering a new location equals crash, even pushing ESC and manually saving crashes the game.

If nothing saves, the game isn't crashing. Urgh it's so frustrating. Anyone an idea what I can do? On PC obviously.
I'd try to repair / re-install the game.

This sucks, I had a lot of crashes before 1.04...

Best skin in gaming so far?

YHBJ8aL.jpg

12pVmcQ.jpg
This particular one surely!

But seriously, materials are insane in this game. I think I have seen some dust on someone's black jacket

A maxxed out hacker with maxxed out stats in Intelligence and Cool is so OP.

Can clear out entire camps without firing as single bullet. Even taking down bosses is piss easy. Just freeze them in place with 'Cripple Movement' and hit them with every hack under the sun and they go down faster than a Thai hooker.

Kadayi

Banned
But seriously, materials are insane in this game. I think I have seen some dust on someone's black jacket

Yeah, there's some dope clothing in the game. Posted before, but you might appreciate this site

and this

Yeah, there's some dope clothing in the game. Posted before, but you might appreciate this site

and this

There should be a transmog system for this game. I'd like to be able to change the look of my legendary clothing without changing the stats.

Looking forward to picking up this game later in the year on PC when hopefully they've implemented such systems. Car customization should also be a thing. Game has potential in these areas.

Braag

The stealth in this game is... weird.
If I'm carrying a body and someone sees a glimpse of me (the eye above enemies goes yellow for a moment), the entire building knows there's a body and starts looking around for me.
However if I grab an enemy into a choke hold and drag him around and enemies get a glimpse of me, it's all right, no one gets alerted.
Also, when I do get spotted by an enemy and the exclamation mark above their head goes red and I manage to shoot that enemy to the head at the same time with a silenced pistol before he manages to shoot his gun or even let out a scream, the entire building still gets alerted and everyone knows my exact location.
Bruh...

Kadayi

Banned
The stealth in this game is... weird.
If I'm carrying a body and someone sees a glimpse of me (the eye above enemies goes yellow for a moment), the entire building knows there's a body and starts looking around for me.
However if I grab an enemy into a choke hold and drag him around and enemies get a glimpse of me, it's all right, no one gets alerted.
Also, when I do get spotted by an enemy and the exclamation mark above their head goes red and I manage to shoot that enemy to the head at the same time with a silenced pistol before he manages to shoot his gun or even let out a scream, the entire building still gets alerted and everyone knows my exact location.
Bruh...

If you manage to drag someone out of sight before the eye meter reaches max, then there didn't see you. It's only when it hits max that they actually notice you. As for everyone knowing your position...cybernetics.

There should be a transmog system for this game. I'd like to be able to change the look of my legendary clothing without changing the stats.

Looking forward to picking up this game later in the year on PC when hopefully they've implemented such systems. Car customization should also be a thing. Game has potential in these areas.

Customisations will come. I just wouldn't expect it until after the 1.2 patch, as bugs and performance are the priority atm.

For all the bitching now, We'll be looking at a substantively different game down the road.

Last edited:

Drac84

Loving the amazing world they've built, the looting and crafting is scratching an itch I've had since Div 2, and the story and side quests are really engaging. Even on console the world really does look enormous and jaw-dropping. All of these things keep drawing me back instead of waiting for future patches, which is what I should be doing.

I'm on PS4 pro and the game hard crashes on average twice per session. Dialogue glitches a bunch, corpses are often unlootable (never for commons, only ever for epic or legendaries lol), and I keep walking into rooms before the doors load, and when they load behind me they're often not openable, trapping me in the room and forcing me to reload a save.

But my single biggest issue with the game, and the thing that most impacts on my enjoyment, is the minimap not zooming out when I'm in/on a vehicle. I miss Every. Single. Turnoff.

Every open world game has a map that zooms out when you move faster, how on Earth did they miss this? I've had to perfect the handbrake 180 to simply navigate the city at any speed faster than walking. Very, very frustrating.

If you manage to drag someone out of sight before the eye meter reaches max, then there didn't see you. It's only when it hits max that they actually notice you. As for everyone knowing your position...cybernetics.

Customisations will come. I just wouldn't expect it until after the 1.2 patch, as bugs and performance are the priority atm.

For all the bitching now, We'll be looking at a substantively different game down the road.
100%.

CDPR are no mugs. They are more than capable of delivering a good game here and there's boat loads of potential with this setting. I hope they add in Ripperdoc animations as well. It's a small request but it adds so much more when you can physically see the customizations they're doing to your body.

Kadayi

Banned
I was friendly with Fingers because I hear he has good stuff but in reality I wanted to shred him with my mantis blades. He's pure scum.

Without a doubt one of the most skeezy characters in a game ever. Reminded me of the infamous Fashion Photographer Terry Richardson in some ways (whose just an irredeemable POS by all accounts).

Last edited:
Yeah, there's a lot there to discover if people look under the hood especially when it comes to the shards, emails etc and the reason behind particular things. There's a lot of interconnectedness which reminds me in many ways of IOI approach to world-building in the Hitman games.

A lot of the Tyger Claw Blue missions in Kabuki all link back to Jotaro who is the XBD fanatic who runs a gambling club, and there's also the whole Glitter Drug thing going on as well

You need to take your time to appreciate this sort of thing though and unfortunately, not a lot of people do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In regards to your spoiler
If you take out Jotaro before Automatic Love, you can then intimidate Woodman into giving up info about Evelyn and leave without any combat.

Or as I saw a couple nights ago, a 20 Int character can get that same info by offering to fix their network. Might be dependent on exploring the email terminal in the network room across from his office.

A maxxed out hacker with maxxed out stats in Intelligence and Cool is so OP.

Can clear out entire camps without firing as single bullet. Even taking down bosses is piss easy. Just freeze them in place with 'Cripple Movement' and hit them with every hack under the sun and they go down faster than a Thai hooker.
Also allows you to blast PonPon Shit in your car as you brain fry every enemy through cameras. It's pretty fun just walking into an area after you dropped 10 bodies to collect your objective and loot. I am the internet! Haha.

Last edited:

Hugare

Loving the amazing world they've built, the looting and crafting is scratching an itch I've had since Div 2, and the story and side quests are really engaging. Even on console the world really does look enormous and jaw-dropping. All of these things keep drawing me back instead of waiting for future patches, which is what I should be doing.

I'm on PS4 pro and the game hard crashes on average twice per session. Dialogue glitches a bunch, corpses are often unlootable (never for commons, only ever for epic or legendaries lol), and I keep walking into rooms before the doors load, and when they load behind me they're often not openable, trapping me in the room and forcing me to reload a save.

But my single biggest issue with the game, and the thing that most impacts on my enjoyment, is the minimap not zooming out when I'm in/on a vehicle. I miss Every. Single. Turnoff.

Every open world game has a map that zooms out when you move faster, how on Earth did they miss this? I've had to perfect the handbrake 180 to simply navigate the city at any speed faster than walking. Very, very frustrating.
Yeah, exactly my experience on the Pro

Game crashes all the time, and I should wait for patches, buuut I cant. Have to do at least a small gig or cruise around the city. Before getting a crash, and turning off the game.

PS: The issue with doors loading later is an I/O problem that can be fixed with an SSD.
I'm playing on an SSD and I'm experiencing no popin at all. I recomend it.

Woggleman

I had crashes all the time on older consoles but I have played a ton on the Series X and have not had a single crash. I tried the quality mode though and I doubt I can go back to 30 fps. I have played on Stadia and the Pro and One X as well and this is hands down the best version I have tried.

Top Bottom