• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

Alright so raytracing mode is completely unplayable. As may already be known I'll take 30fps with better graphics anyway of the week. I played through dying light 2 in raytracing mode with zero problems, but something funky is happening here. It controls like shit in raytracing mode. No matter what I do I can't get the controls to feel good, shooting anything with accuracy is next to impossible. I'm assuming it's some sort of input lag issue cause once i switch to 60fps everything is fine.

Lame. 60fps it is I guess.

Alright so raytracing mode is completely unplayable. As may already be known I'll take 30fps with better graphics anyway of the week. I played through dying light 2 in raytracing mode with zero problems, but something funky is happening here. It controls like shit in raytracing mode. No matter what I do I can't get the controls to feel good, shooting anything with accuracy is next to impossible. I'm assuming it's some sort of input lag issue cause once i switch to 60fps everything is fine.

Lame. 60fps it is I guess.
Yeah but raytracing here is so useless since its only for shadows, not the actual lighting. So taking a 30fps dip just to have slightly better looking shadows is a pointless trade-off IMO.

SJRB

Gold Member
A few months?! Shit, they could've made that a little more clear. Alright I guess I'll keep that in mind going forward as I meet all these people who talk as if we've known each other for decades.

The montage is pretty much the game everyone wanted to play but did not get to.

Chronicle

Finished the main campaign. Glad it was short, but like with all games I play, near the end I'm like skip skip skip dont care dont care etc.

I prefer a shorter campaign. I often find the way too long. Now I can return to the city and do side quests, gigs, explore etc.

I liked it for what it was worth.

Side note: zero glitches. Game ran smooth as heck. Looked great and lots to do in a full immersive world.

dottme

I try to replay it on PS4 pro with the latest patch, and it’s a mess now. It wasn’t that bad at release.
But I think I’m happy they focus more on next gen. Hopefully, I move to next gen one day once things in the market is a little less crazy.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
I’m one of the gamers that skipped CP2077 when it released due to the horrible launch on all platforms. But now I started it three days ago and I have one word to describe it … phenomenal

The story dragged me in from the start and got me interested to go on, the world of cyberpunk is just wow specially if you are going ultra with RT on oh man what a beautiful city specially at night. The performance till now is so solid for me، when it comes to frame drop or screen tearing, these things never faced in CP, with heavy action on screen the drop is unnoticeable you don’t feel it. Of course HDR is still broken in this game no matter what you did but I’ve been using auto HDR on W11 and the results is great. It’s embarrassing that windows 11 HDR works better than in game HDR!

Hope they fix it soon but rather than that this game is beautiful

Last edited:

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
ICIsVtr.jpg

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

If the 'Psycho" preset in Cyberpunk 2077 isn't nova max enough for you, we've got you covered, chooms. While Cyberpunk is beautiful on its own, we've tracked down five of the best graphics mods available for pc. Any one of these mods would make a great addition to your load order, and yes, we even used them all at once. Links to all featured mods in this video are listed below.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Today we are going to look at Let There Be Flight Cyberpunk 2077 Mod from Jack Humbert! Yes, you can even fly bikes!

Chapters:
Intro: 0:00
Let There Be Flight Mod Showcase: 0:23
Flying Bike Gameplay: 3:36
How To Install: 4:47
How To Rebind Keys: 6:26
Final Thoughts: 7:47

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Desperate to remove the Relic within his head, V begins contacting shady ripperdocs online to see if they’re able to extract the biochip. Things steadily go south, however, as V begins to suspect they have no real expertise and are just scammers out for his eddies.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Recently started a game. I'm 10 hrs into a character and I noticed my athletics is at 0%.

:/

Is this a fuckin bug?
(PS5)

Last edited:
Is there a way to determine which attributes grow with use? I'm seeing weaponry go up but no idea where to check what else will organically increase in stats?
Most of them should be pretty obvious in what levels them. Of the ones that aren't:
Athletics - stamina use
Engineering - grenade use, using tech weapons to shoot through obstacles
Cold Blood - killing while cold blood is active, maintaining stacks of cold blood

FunkMiller

Gold Member
So, retrying this now on Series X, as I picked up a copy for £7.

It’s much, much improved from that launch mess, but it’s still pretty damned buggy.

I’ll stick with it this time though, as at least it feels polished enough now to continue.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

There are five Cyberpunk 2077 endings (technically epilogues, except for the "bad" ending) that you can get by simply playing the main story and making your choices - but there's also a secret hidden ending that offers a twist on the finale that feels like about as much of a "canon Cyberpunk 2077 ending" as we're going to get. Here's how to unlock the Cyberpunk 2077 secret ending.

Chronicle

I'm a net runner style. I really don't need to do much except stand there and hack dudes. Anybody know the steps when approaching a fight? I forget? Ping? Breach protocol? You look for the little panel to jack into. Smoked a bowl last night and it's tough with all the things I need to relearn. Didn't know what I was doing.

Guilty_AI

Anybody know the steps when approaching a fight? I forget? Ping? Breach protocol? You look for the little panel to jack into. Smoked a bowl last night and it's tough with all the things I need to relearn. Didn't know what I was doing.
Breach protocol does a bunch of stuff but depends on what you've invested in the perk tree, generally increase enemy's weaknesses and decrease ram usage. A must-do for every combat encounter basically.

The panels are just for collecting hack components and a bit of money. Not very useful at the beginning but you'll miss those extra components later when you're crafting higher tier quickhacks.

All you want to do basically is get higher tiers Cyberdecks as quickly as possible and collect as much quickhacks as you can (you ca go around shopping for them).
Hacker is generally very OP and you can just hide and start hacking enemies one by one, through line of view or cameras, or inflict some chaos with turrets and Cyberpsychosis quickhacks. You're only generally screwed if you get spotted, though how screwed depends on the difficulty level and how good you are with other methods of combat.

Last edited:

Patch 1.61 for Cyberpunk 2077 is being rolled out and will soon be available on PC, consoles and Stadia. Here's the list of changes for this update:

QUESTS & OPEN WORLD
  • Fixed an issue where spamming the Interact button to loot containers could cause various NCPD Scanner Hustles to not be completed properly.
  • Reported Crime: Another Circle of Hell, Lost and Found, Blood in the Air, Disloyal Employee, Don't Foget the Parking Brake!, Comrade Red - fixed an issue where quest wasn't completed after looting the goods.
  • Fixed an issue where some Assault in Progress missions in Northside, Rancho Coronado, Coastview and Badlands weren't completed despite fulfilling the objective.
  • Fixed an issue where some Suspected Organized Crime Activities weren't completed despite fulfilling the objective.
  • Fixed an issue that could disable all Drop Points, blocking progress in various gigs.
  • Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to complete an Assault in Progress in Charter Hill because the evidence didn't spawn.
  • Cyberpsycho Sighting: House on a Hill - fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to reach the Cyberpsycho because the garage door didn't open.
  • Cyberpsycho Sighting: Where the Bodies Hit the Floor - fixed an issue where the quest was stuck on the "Find the Cyberpsycho" objective after defeating the Cyberpsycho and sending information to Regina.
  • Gig: Error 404 - fixed an issue where the gig didn't trigger after approaching the area.
  • Gig: Freedom of the Press - fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to proceed inside the TV station building because the doors were closed.
  • Gig: Greed Never Pays - fixed an issue where it was impossible to complete the "Search the hidden room" objective because the computer was unpowered.
  • Gig: Last Login - fixed an issue where the gig didn't trigger after approaching the area.
  • Gig: No Fixers - fixed an issue where the gig didn't trigger after approaching the area.
  • Gig: Old Friends - fixed an issue where the gig didn't trigger after approaching the area.
  • Gig: Playing for Keeps - fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to speak to the bartender if combat started inside the bar, blocking progress.
  • Gig: We Have Your Wife - fixed an issue where Lauren wasn't reacting after coming to rescue her, blocking progress.
  • Automatic Love - fixed an issue that could block progress to further main quests after leaving Clouds.
  • Fortunate Son - fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to progress past the "Return to the Aldecaldos camp" objective.
  • I Fought the Law - fixed an issue where after meeting up with River, he teleported to an unreachable area underground, blocking progress.
  • Small Man, Big Mouth - fixed an issue where the truck in the garage could be despawned, blocking progress.

VISUAL
  • Night City NPCs will now carry umbrellas in various colors and shapes.
  • Fixed multiple instances of missing collisions that could result with player falling off the map.
  • Corrected various floating or displaced objects on the map.
  • Fixed the issue where V's breasts clipped through clothes after changing their size at a Ripperdoc.
  • Fixed an issue where after changing nail length from long to short using the mirror, the change wasn't reflected in-game until reloading a save.
  • Fixed an issue where cars could glitch after bumping into them.

GAMEPLAY
  • Fixed an issue where Headhunter and Blue Fang Iconic knives would not appear in vendor's inventory if player visited the vendor before the 1.6 Patch.
  • Crit Damage and Quickhack Cooldown Reduction bonuses in clothing should now work properly.
  • It should be now possible to craft the Legendary variant of the Amnesty Iconic revolver.
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible to use consumables during fist fights.
  • Fixed an issue where weapons with explosive damage were dealing less damage than intended.
  • Fixed an issue where slotted mods disappeared from an item after selling it to a vendor, leaving and then coming back to the same vendor.
  • Fixed an issue where putting a corpse into a container or a trunk, walking away and then coming back could give a player an infinite amount of money.
  • The Heat-resistant aramid-weave fixer shirt will now be also available for non-Street Kid players.
  • Fixed an issue where firing some weapons when falling could cancel fall damage.

UI
  • The Beast in Me - fixed an issue where player's position could be shown as 1/6 despite coming second.
  • Fixed an issue where reverting key bindings back to default was not reflected in the game until restart/reload.
  • Fixed an issue where the inventory menu could rapidly scroll up and down after disassembling or dropping an item.

PC-SPECIFIC
  • Fixed the issue with temporary FPS drops when exiting menus.
  • Addressed the issue where achievements in Epic Games Store were not granted despite meeting the requirements. Note that in cases where the conditions were met before in a given save, it might be required to try on a new playthrough or from an earlier save where the conditions were not met yet.
  • Load Menu should no longer get stuck when playing the game on GOG without internet connection.
  • Fixed an issue where upgrading an item into a higher tier rarity crashed the game.

CONSOLE-SPECIFIC
  • Fixed an issue where Cross Progression saves from the Xbox One family weren't transferred to PC or PlayStation.
  • Fixed an issue where after logging in to GOG on PlayStation, My Rewards section displayed an error.

STADIA-SPECIFIC
  • Fixed an issue where the game didn't pause when gameplay was suspended.

MISCELLANEOUS
  • Added support for AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.1 (PC and next-gen consoles only).
  • Fixed an issue where in specific circumstances Judy could disappear from the game while in her apartment.
  • Fixed an issue where the Wardrobe interaction in the Nomad Camp was duplicated after skipping time there.
  • It will no longer be possible to play on arcade machines that are placed horizontally.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
  • Night City NPCs will now carry umbrellas in various colors and shapes.
Finally, tackling the issues that really matter. Promises made, promises kept.

Last edited:

SiteSeer

game is really good, maybe even great.

but the driving mechanics are craptastic. it’s sluggish, unresponsive, and unoptimized. for a game where driving is a big part of getting around i can honestly say i hate it and actively avoid it.

also while verticality is such a hallmark of the level design i’m dumbfounded they don’t have any controllable aerial vehicles.

i sound negative but really this game is like a rough diamond.

Guilty_AI

also while verticality is such a hallmark of the level design i’m dumbfounded they don’t have any controllable aerial vehicles.
I think that would make the verticality too trivial though. You'd feel zero need to parkour, get certain cyberlegs or just explore the enviroment if you had a floating bike just waiting for your call, ready to take you to any rooftop.

Last edited:

SiteSeer

I think that would make the verticality too trivial though. You'd feel zero need to parkour, get certain cyberlegs or just explore the enviroment if you had a floating bike just waiting for your call, ready to take you to any rooftop.
having cyber legs and a flying car are not mutually exclusive. just like running and driving to places are not. i’m lamenting the inability to explore and sightsee from above street level.

Guilty_AI

having cyber legs and a flying car are not mutually exclusive. just like running and driving to places are not. i’m lamenting the inability to explore and sightsee from above street level.
its just a game design thing. To use an extreme analogy, its as if a FPS like DOOM suddenly gave you a weapon on the level of the BFG 9000 with fast fire and unlimited ammo. Sure you're not excluding other weapons, but having it does botch the entire balance of the game, since people would have no reason to use anything but that.

Similarly (though to lesser degrees), flying vehicles could ruin a lot of aspects of CP77's design, even if technically they're still there.

Last edited:

yamaci17

yeah jump legs already trivialize the game hugely
i could literally force my way into the transit system up in the air :messenger_beaming: from there it becomes acreed

SiteSeer

its just a game design thing. To use an extreme analogy, its as if a FPS like DOOM suddenly gave you a weapon on the level of the BFG 9000 with fast fire and unlimited ammo. Sure you're not excluding other weapons, but having it does botch the entire balance of the game, since people would have no reason to use anything but that.

Similarly (though to lesser degrees), flying vehicles could ruin a lot of aspects of CP77's design, even if technically they're still there.
i've played through about 90% of the game already and i can't think of a single mission where a flying car would upset that mission's balance. the vast majority of gigs and side missions are played out at street level in a small 75'x75' grid and the story missions are basically hand holding you through the objectives, not to mention the game actively stops your car from entering a 'mission space'. on the other hand there are many instances where i've said to myself, 'damn that thing looks neat i'd sure like a closer look' or 'this sunset would look awesome from that rooftop' or 'this rain effect is awesome too bad there isn't a spinner around to enjoy it ala blade runner'. this game's environments is one of its crown achievements and the lack of true 3d traversal is a shame given how verticality is built into its design.

Guilty_AI

i've played through about 90% of the game already and i can't think of a single mission where a flying car would upset that mission's balance. the vast majority of gigs and side missions are played out at street level in a small 75'x75' grid and the story missions are basically hand holding you through the objectives
Any gig with rooftop areas, balconies, elevators, etc. Not to mention it would also trivialize things like marking enemies, getting ideal sniper/hacking positions, since i could always get on some rooftop or usually unacessible place that enemies can't reach or hit you.
I can think of tons of gigs and hustles where i could exploit the ability to fly to cut through half of the challenge and work, which already feels a bit too easy at times.

Last edited:

SiteSeer

Any gig with rooftop areas, balconies, elevators, etc. Not to mention it would also trivialize things like marking enemies, getting ideal sniper/hacking positions, since i could always get on some rooftop or usually unacessible place that enemies can't reach or hit you.
I can think of tons of gigs and hustles where i could exploit the ability to fly to cut through half of the challenge and work, which already feels a bit too easy at times.
for any line of sight combat if you can snipe them they can snipe you back. for hacking, sure you can camp on a rooftop and short circuit every visible mook but what's the fun of it if you have to wait 30-60 seconds between quickhacks to recharge ram, are you playing or cheesing your way through the game? even if you are cheesing your way through a game, i don't particularly find that 'bad' as its just part of the emergent gameplay element that is the central thesis for these big open world sandbox games. it's part of the challenge for a game designer, if you're finding your play testers are sniping all the time and making easy kills, add bullet drop to increase the difficulty (you know, if they're sniping make them an honest sniper) or add more indoor missions/objectives, etc. maybe the reason i'm not fussed about flying cars is because i play a brawler with gorilla arms, but i'd sure like to fly around in this game's concrete canyons.

Guilty_AI

. for hacking, sure you can camp on a rooftop and short circuit every visible mook but what's the fun of it if you have to wait 30-60 seconds between quickhacks to recharge ram,
uh... ok, lets put aside the other talk for now because.... are you leveling up your hacking properly? Assuming you have an intelligence character.
A properly leveled and upgraded netrunner can wipe out an entire building without having to worry about running out of RAM at all.

yamaci17

btw you're always meant to be OP in this game. you literally are on your way to become a NC legend. being a legend is not a small feat, you have to overpower others in a super strong way to ensure survivability. otherwise a random bullet, a random shot, a random hickup would stop you in your track. that's why power creep in this game never makes me bored of it. it just turns the game into a power fantasy for me. after gaining such hardware, skills and experience, I'd like to actually streamroll over enemies.

becoming a NC legend in the end, you can look back and say "yeah I owned them stuff with ease"

remember that secret ending is also a part of the game's canon. it is the ending where V is able to solo the entire arasaka HQ. and yeah, it is actually hard, however OP you are. you really need to be well prepared, focused, and do minimal mistakes and be stacked up. but in the end, only a warrior who can easily handle gigs can even think of such an assault...

Last edited:

SiteSeer

uh... ok, lets put aside the other talk for now because.... are you leveling up your hacking properly? Assuming you have an intelligence character.
A properly leveled and upgraded netrunner can wipe out an entire building without having to worry about running out of RAM at all.
no i'm playing a fisticuffs brawler, then the rest is jack-of-all trades. between the ram and cool down it gets hairy with the quickhacks. that's not my point though, all i'm saying is i'm disappointed cdpr didn't bake-in the necessary elements (collision, gameplay, etc.) for player aerial vehicles, its a no-brainer move for a cyberpunk game, especially a game with this map, but i guess they had other priorities.

Guilty_AI

no i'm playing a fisticuffs brawler, then the rest is jack-of-all trades.
Wouldn't a berserk be more efficient here than a cyberdeck then? I guess a sandevistan would also be useful for a close-quarters combatant too.

hat's not my point though, all i'm saying is i'm disappointed cdpr didn't bake-in the necessary elements (collision, gameplay, etc.) for player aerial vehicles, its a no-brainer move for a cyberpunk game, especially a game with this map, but i guess they had other priorities.
i mean, yeah, its stuff thats easier said than done. Not to mention even if they baked in all the necessary elements they'd still have to either re-balance the game around it, or implement in a bunch of stoppers in order for flying vehicles to not be exploited.

SiteSeer

Wouldn't a berserk be more efficient here than a cyberdeck then? I guess a sandevistan would also be useful for a close-quarters combatant too.

i mean, yeah, its stuff thats easier said than done. Not to mention even if they baked in all the necessary elements they'd still have to either re-balance the game around it, or implement in a bunch of stoppers in order for flying vehicles to not be exploited.
as have been brought up already, one can become pretty op in this game, i can 1 punch about half the mobs at this point, using berserk would be overkill. i like to use quickhacks to mix it up, experience the other side of this game. again i don't think flying cars would upset balance much, so what if you could get to a perch more easily, you're playing a sniper right? and the bodies you leave behind would be discovered that much more easily which puts the other mobs on alert and into hiding. it'd just be another way to crush a mission. all that said, its a moot point, this game if it ever had flying cars planned at all doesn't now, and from the videos i've seen for the 'let there be flight' mod lots of buildings are missing roof top collision and lod. i think its a big missed opportunity, this map deserves more 3d traversal.

Top Bottom