• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 - PlayStation Gameplay

ratburger

No Ray-tracing on any AMD GPU on PC and Console. Look like NVIDIA partnership really screwed us. I will not buy this game until the proper version is ready.
The raytracing/DLSS code was written pretty much entirely by Nvidia as CDPR are busy trying the get the rest of the game ready for release. There was nothing stopping AMD from sending over a bunch of engineers too like Nvidia did. CDPR will have to port over the raytracing code to work on AMD hardware themselves, and that's going to take time, hence why raytracing won't be available on AMD GPUs till the next-gen update is released in 2021.

Last edited:

iamvin22

Industry Verified
nope. but that doesn't answer my question.

The game development has always been that way especially at the start of a new gen because sdks are at all time high infancy mode. That's how we've been doing it for generations. That's why I don't understand the "nextgen version" model. To me it sounds like an attempt to to double sell the game with just pc enhancements that could already be there on day one.

Unless I'm missing something that hasn't been announced by both manufacturers I don't see why we need a nextgen version unless they are understaffed and want to take their time with Ms and Sony units.

Grinchy

Banned
It looks like waiting a year has been the right choice all along. I love being right all the time!

I'm not saying it looks horrific, but you can just tell things like shadow quality and object models have been toned down so far. Look at them pulling the cable sin the car engine at the beginning. They look like they are from a PS2 game. I don't doubt that many sacrifices like this are made all over to have the game running on base last gen consoles and it's going to stink up what's possible with the current gen ones. I can wait.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
So why not use the PC build and scale down? Why take even longer to release when they don't have to
The tech they are using for RT is based off of Nvidia tech. They are going to have to translate all that shit over for AMD hardware. It being an Nvidia sponsored title means they are using NV plug-ins for a lot of their next-gen tech on release, which means NV sent people to help them add it in, as well as did extra work on it themselves. It's not as simple as just erasing NV and adding AMD to a prefix. Shit is gonna take a while to translate over and even then, it will still probably have to be optimized/scaled to even run on consoles hardware. I wouldn't hold your breath for a "next-gen" patch for at least six months, and even then, that's probably being generous as they'll be busy hammering out bugs and also working on expansions/DLC. Simply, the only way to play the "next-gen" version is gonna be on PC and with only NV hardware for quite a while. It sucks, but it is what it is, Nvidia sponsorship+bigger user base for PS4/Xbone+8(+) platforms it's being released on, PS5/XsX are just gonna have to take a back seat as it's just not the fiscal priority at the moment. The upside is that you don't have to PAY for a next-gen update, so the consolation is that if you are playing the game on a PS5/XsX you're at least getting the best possible "console" experience available over PS4Pro/XoX as far as stability and resolution is concerned.

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
The game development has always been that way especially at the start of a new gen because sdks are at all time high infancy mode. That's how we've been doing it for generations. That's why I don't understand the "nextgen version" model. To me it sounds like an attempt to to double sell the game with just pc enhancements that could already be there on day one.

Unless I'm missing something that hasn't been announced by both manufacturers I don't see why we need a nextgen version unless they are understaffed and want to take their time with Ms and Sony units.

it's not an attempt to double sell anything because the next gen upgrade is FREE. so they are not making extra money from that.

they do are understaffed. because they are working hard to make sure the game runs as best as they can on last gen consoles. which was the consoles they were planning to launch the game since the beginning. that's why they delayed the game.

they weren't planning to launch the game with new consoles on the shelves. so when the game is finally launched they will have time to focus on series X and PS5 and create a version that is optimized for those consoles and has actually better graphics and features instead of just running on backwards compatibility.

Last edited:

iamvin22

Industry Verified
The tech they are using for RT is based off of Nvidia tech. They are going to have to translate all that shit over for AMD hardware. It being an Nvidia sponsored title means they are using NV plug-ins for a lot of their next-gen tech on release, which means NV sent people to help them add it in, as well as did extra work on it themselves. It's not as simple as just erasing NV and adding AMD to a prefix. Shit is gonna take a while to translate over and even then, it will still probably have to be optimized/scaled to even run on consoles hardware. I wouldn't hold your breath for a "next-gen" patch for at least six months, and even then, that's probably being generous as they'll be busy hammering out bugs and also working on expansions/DLC. Simply, the only way to play the "next-gen" version is gonna be on PC and with only NV hardware for quite a while. It sucks, but it is what it is, Nvidia sponsorship+bigger user base for PS4/Xbone+8(+) platforms it's being released on, PS5/XsX are just gonna have to take a back seat as it's just not the fiscal priority at the moment. The upside is that you don't have to PAY for a next-gen update, so the consolation is that if you are playing the game on a PS5/XsX you're at least getting the best possible "console" experience available over PS4Pro/XoX as far as stability and resolution is concerned.

OK that makes sense. I had no idea that NV was a sponsor for the game. Thanks for the info. Going to contact my NV rep about this later tonight.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
It looks like waiting a year has been the right choice all along. I love being right all the time!

I'm not saying it looks horrific, but you can just tell things like shadow quality and object models have been toned down so far. Look at them pulling the cable sin the car engine at the beginning. They look like they are from a PS2 game. I don't doubt that many sacrifices like this are made all over to have the game running on base last gen consoles and it's going to stink up what's possible with the current gen ones. I can wait.
Which game?

People say this shit all the time and yet can never point to a PS2 game that it ever looks like. It always makes me think, " Do you actually remember what PS2 games looked like?"

Last edited:

harmny

Banned

you are higher than the two guys that leaked the gameplay the other day

Grinchy

Banned
you are higher than the two guys that leaked the gameplay the other day
I wish. It's too hard at my age to find weed around here and they won't just make it legal.

If you think this looks really great, then that's awesome. You'll go enjoy it. I'll be waiting for the uncompromised version before handing my money over.

thuGG_pl

AMD Ray tracing is already implemented on COD, Spiderman and Devil May Cry 5. Tools are available to dev for a while now it's on CDPR for not using it. My guess is Nvidia lured them $$ to use proprietary RT code instead of using the standard DXR.

Then maybe stop getting information from some random gaffers and learn/google something by yourself. CDPR confirmed they are working to add RT for AMD cards.

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
I wish. It's too hard at my age to find weed around here and they won't just make it legal.

If you think this looks really great, then that's awesome. You'll go enjoy it. I'll be waiting for the uncompromised version before handing my money over.

i'm playing on pc the real uncompromised version but there is a big difference between it may not look as good as the pc version and it looks like a ps2 game.

BootsLoader

Banned
that is not paper that is cyberpaper it can fly though walls
There are more in the video but anyways. I think they’ll address the issues later. It’s a big game so it’s understandable. I will wait first to get a PS5 and then buy the game.

Grinchy

Banned
i'm playing on pc the real uncompromised version but there is a big difference between it may not look as good as the pc version and it looks like a ps2 game.

I said the models from the cables looked so low quality that they looked like they were from a PS2 game. I didn't say the whole game looked like it was from PS2.

Why are Cyberpunk fanboys so sensitive? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

RayHell

The raytracing/DLSS code was written pretty much entirely by Nvidia as CDPR are busy trying the get the rest of the game ready for release. There was nothing stopping AMD from sending over a bunch of engineers too like Nvidia did. CDPR will have to port over the raytracing code to work on AMD hardware themselves, and that's going to take time, hence why raytracing won't be available on AMD GPUs till the next-gen update is released in 2021.
It's not on AMD to send anyone, dev could just use DXR API that makes it compatible with any cards. Instead they went to the subsidised implementation and delayed the universal implementation.

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I said the models from the cables looked so low quality that they looked like they were from a PS2 game. I didn't say the whole game looked like it was from PS2.

I'm not sensitive, I doubt most are. It's just when people spout bullshit like you've done, they usually at least try to back it up.

harmny

Banned

i'm not a fanboy. the game hasn't even launched and i'm not a fan of things i haven't played. i am fair though and not even the cables that you will never see again in the rest of the game look like they were from a ps2 game. you can't say something stupid and when someone criticize you for saying that you say "hey oh why so sensitive cuh? LOL"

Last edited:

N30RYU

I know the PS5 graphics patch will come later... but I hoped for some dualsense implementation at launch

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
when are they releasing the upgrades for ps5, xbox etc?
giphy.gif

I'm guessing at least six months after release. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's not till 2022 or very late 2021. If you think about it from a logical perspective, They are gonna be patching the shit out of the game for 8+ platforms, while working on DLC/expansion on top of the PS5/XsX being such a small userbase, it just doesn't make sense to prioritize a next-gen update for quite a while. Even that aside, they'll almost assuredly work on adding AMD's raytracing solution/DX12 api RT to the PC for AMD users and THEN scaling it back/down for the PS5/XsX. It's gonna be a while.

Last edited:

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
giphy.gif

I'm guessing at least six months after release. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's not till 2022 or very late 2021. If you think about it from a logical perspective, They are gonna be patching the shit out of the game for 8+ platforms, while working on DLC/expansion on top of the PS5/XsX being such a small userbase, it just doesn't make sense to prioritize a next-gen update for quite a while. Even that aside, they'll almost assuredly work on adding AMD's raytracing solution/DX12 api RT to the PC for AMD users and THEN scaling it back/down for the PS5/XsX. It's gonna be a while.
Next Year
Well Im not getting a PS5 until July so hopefully by then lol

Alienware

Turns right without turning the steering wheel lol

*CDPR Dev watching this*

"That's it, delay it two more months!"

OH WOW! I didn't know the contract bleed into consoles too. Yeah I'm boycotting the game until the PS5 gets the "REAL" version.
Partnerships has nothing to do with this. One implementation has been on the market for years now, the other isn't even a month old. Make your conclusions.

Last edited:
Guess they got shook by bitch ass media and ReeRee...Devils not banging a Nun in the poster where in the leaked footage prior patch he was.

Makes you think what else was cut and dialed back as simple as tiny poster...we'll never know. Shame.

Looks good, though I do wish they would have went with female V and shown some of those creation options like they did for male V over on the Xbox side earlier.

ReBurn

Gold Member
The car at the beginning of the video looks like it's floating to me, like it's missing shadows. Doesn't seem like the road should be as bright as it is under the car. Looks good though.

Rikkori

There was nothing stopping AMD from sending over a bunch of engineers too like Nvidia did.
You do realise these sorts of contracts aren't made so that their competitor can also be on the box right? Go find me all the games you've seen where they're co-sponsored by both AMD & NVD explicitly, if you really think that.

Kadayi

Banned
End of the year most likely

There isn't even enough time for an upgrade patch to pass cert in between the release date and Christmas. The only patching they'll be doing between the 10th and the end of the year will be hotfixes for any bugs that arise as a result of broader exposure.

waquzy

There isn't even enough time for an upgrade patch to pass cert in between the release date and Christmas. The only patching they'll be doing between the 10th and the end of the year will be hotfixes for any bugs that arise as a result of broader exposure.

I meant end of next year

Kadayi

Banned
I meant end of next year

They're only going to be working on optimisations to bring the Next Gen versions in line with the PC, so I would have thought probably within the first 3 months of 2021. That stuff can be worked on separately to other aspects like stability performance patches as well as additional content.

Top Bottom