• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 RTX Trailer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
cyberpunk-2077-kiberpank-965.jpg

List of confirmed RTX effect:
  • Diffuse Illumination
  • Reflections
  • Ambient Occlusion
  • Shadows
  • NVIDIA DLSS

Official 4K screenshots with RTX:

cyberpunk-2077-geforce-rtx-30-series-exclusive-screenshot-001.jpg
cyberpunk-2077-geforce-rtx-30-series-exclusive-screenshot-002.jpg
cyberpunk-2077-geforce-rtx-30-series-exclusive-screenshot-003.jpg

Last edited:

Rikkori

So guess its not getting delayed? GotY easy

Absolutely. Went from this trailer to the WD Legion one, and oh man, the difference is abyssal. And I say that as someone who grew to love the world they crafted with WD2 even though I was put off by the cringey writing at first, and I really like the look of Legion now as well.

Ambition + Talent + Resources = Cyberpunk 2077

We saw it with Witcher, and now it's reaching its zenith. Can't wait! :goog_beaming_face:

The Fartist

Gold Member
Honest question:

Can I run this on a Ryzen 7 3700x, 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4, RTX 2070 OC @ 1080 high settings 60 FPS?

Last edited:

GHG

This is why it wasn't running very well without DLSS in the lastest previews running on PC's with everything cracked. I think it was 60fps @ 1080p on a 2080ti?

So many people will be upgrading for this game.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Honest question:

Can I run this on a Ryzen 7 3700x, 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4, RTX 2070 OC @ 1080 high settings 60 FPS?

We don't know but I have a more powerful system, not by much, with a 2080 and I can't maintain a 60 fps @1440p on Control with all rtx settings on and dlss on. And if I remember corectly I couldn't maintain 60 fps in Metro Exodus either but I played that without DLSS because it was 1.0 and it was ugly. Cyberpunk is more ambitious than both, bigger, in detail and scope so I don;t think you will, at least not with rtx maxed, not even with dlss 2.0 unless ofc they optimize it incredibly which I doubt. Witcher 3 didnt run so hot either at launch.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Game is shaping up nicely and just oozing personality. Happy to see a plethora of RT features and DLSS on top. In a way it's good that it was delayed once more to give everybody time to upgrade their hardware, whether PC or console.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
Looks really nice. It definitely helps to pause the trailer every second or two because the quick cuts don't really do it any justice.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
i just wish it wasn't first person. :( I ge tmotion sickness just thinking about it.

VAVA Mk2

I can't wait to make my own custom genitals in Cyberpunk and show them off to the world in ray tracing and DLSS 2.0.

GlockSaint

Can someone help me understand what's different from the usual lighting you see in games? I can't make out anything from the trailer. I mean i get the idea of ray tracing (from that marbles demo) but what is special about the trailer here? Not being an ass but just curious.

Senua

Can someone help me understand what's different from the usual lighting you see in games? I can't make out anything from the trailer. I mean i get the idea of ray tracing (from that marbles demo) but what is special about the trailer here? Not being an ass but just curious.
It's way more accurate/natural.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
So in the old model, there were a lot of effects designed to fake these sorts of things, but RT simulates them accurately. So it's not like you aren't used to seeing Ambient Occlusion in games but the way most games fake it with screenspace data sort of looks like halos of shadow rather than true AO.

And reflections are another one, you are used seeing reflections in games but they're all either done with cube maps (pre-baked static reflections like the skyscraper windows in Spider-Man), screenspace, which can only pull from stuff you can see on screen, or if you're real lucky render-to-texture for a special object like a bathroom mirror. RT can give you real reflections, even of off-screen objects, even on an uneven surface, and with everything that's in the scene reflected.

Bounce lighting/global illumination is also very dramatic. In current gen games you sometimes see this as a pre-banked effect, but it's static. Objects moving through the scene won't impact it. But with RT it just works. A bright orange object next to a white wall will cast orange light on the wall for example.

Even if you're not thinking about all these things they add up to a more realistic look. It just gets things that much closer to photoreal.

GenericUser

I really want to be impressed, but somehow I'm not. Not sure why though. Maybe the artstyle or something. It looks good and I'll definitely play CP2077, but it feels as if they wasted some of the potential the setting has. Maybe this is false though, since it's an open world game and mood can quickly shift on a moment to moment basis. We'll see.

Top Bottom