• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 spokesperson hints at further Hollywood actors

CyberPanda

Banned
Fans will have to “wait and see” if Cyberpunk 2077features Hollywood actors in addition to Keanu Reeves, spokesperson and UI coordinator Alvin Liu has said.

The Matrix actor Reeves was revealed as a Cyberpunk 2077 character at E3 2019. He’ll be playing the role of Johnny Silverhand, a “digital ghost” who accompanies the player during the story.

When VGC asked Liu if Cyberpunk 2077 will feature additional Hollywood actors, he replied: “Uh… I can’t comment on that! You guys are going to have to wait and see.”

Earlier this year it was reported that Lady Gaga could be one actor lined up for a role in the sci-fi title.

The singer was reported to have been seen at CD Projekt’s offices in Warsaw and in 2018 the studio fuelled speculation by interacting with her on Twitter using the game’s official account.

Of course! Of course we will! 😎
— Cyberpunk 2077 (@CyberpunkGame) September 18, 2018

Later in VGC’s Cyberpunk 2077 interview, the CD Projekt Red spokesperson said the developer wouldn’t sign known actors unless they were a good fit for the project.

“I will say that CDPR is a video game company first and it’s very important to us that the match works,” Liu said.

“If it was a random celebrity that just wouldn’t work with our franchise, like Britney Spears or something, we wouldn’t pursue that opportunity.

“So for us, we pursue it because it’s a great match for the game and not necessarily because we want to accomplish some goal with reaching a different audience or anything like that.”

It's probably Lady GaGa.

MadYarpen

I see only "no comment", as they cant speak about the story... I didn't get an impression he is hinting anything TBH.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Obvious "no comment" worded differently. There are no hints here, just a bad article trying too hard to turn nothing into news.

420bits

I want better acting in games but not for the cost of half the budget that could be spent on gameplay / story / additional content. I know Cyberpunk got a massive budget and i think Keanu will add to the story because he fits in the world.
But I'm not really sure how i feel about this direction in general, the new star wars game is another example where they dump a huge pile of their budget just to slap a famous name onto it and hope for better sales when they should actually spend the money on the game to make it good.

Obviously a "star" doesn't get as much money from doing a voiceover in a videogame compared to a blockbuster but they sure as shit ain't gonna do it for free.

Last edited:

TastyPastry

that seriously sucks, does anyone really want lady gaga in the game? does it make the game better in any way that you recognize some character in the game as the same one you saw in a movie?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

GenericUser

Says a lot about their creativity if they can't come up with unique videogame personas and instead have to use real world people to make appearances in their game. I don't like this, I like Mr. Reeves playing Neo or John Wick in the theaters, but I don't need his face in my videogames.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Says a lot about their creativity if they can't come up with unique videogame personas and instead have to use real world people to make appearances in their game. I don't like this, I like Mr. Reeves playing Neo or John Wick in the theaters, but I don't need his face in my videogames.
you do know that keanu is playing a character that was created by mike pondsmith, right? there are other well known characters from the p&p appearing in the game. it's just the same as Witcher. the game is based on something that someone else made. CD Projekt will be making their own characters that fit into the universe.

it's not like they can't make up a character so just stickin a celebrity in. keanu isn't playing himself.

Top Bottom