• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 trailer coming out [Thursday]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
If MS/Sony were smart they would buy CD Projekt.

That would be a huge factor for rpg people to buy their console.
I hope they remain stupid till eternity if that's the case.

Edit: So we're getting a CG teaser then I assume? Expected that much especially after the news about TW3 being further off in development.

Dennis

Banned
There better be hot sexy cyberpunk chicks to PLOUGH in this glorious gaem

I like how you wrote "gaem" to pretend that you were just doing an immature gamer impression.

But I, and the rest of GAF, know of course that you really DO want hot sexy cyberpunk chicks to PLOUGH.

boskee

So Call of Duty 4 engine is idtech3 ? Good to know.

No.

Good to know you ommited that part when CDPR payed a lot of money to former CDProject 19mln zł which is almost as TW2 budget. In any case this indicate they have even less money than earlier. And Optimus deal was for parent company not CDPR.

That money stays within the group, and will most likely be paid back to CDP as dividend. As for the second part of your comment - you clearly don't know much about CD Projekt. It was bought by Optimus S.A. (through reverse takeover), changed its name to CD Projekt Red S.A. and then merged through acquisition with it's subsidiary CD Projekt Red Sp. z o.o. by transfering all assets from Sp. z o.o. to S.A. CD Projekt (Blue) changed its name to cdp.pl and sold its trademark to the parent company (CD Projekt Red), which then adopted that trademark.

Source

KePoW

Banned
worst case scenario for the teaser/trailer.

-Teaser start with black screen
-Cyborg chick winks
-Fade to a white screen
-EA logo appear
-the Copyright line at the bottom of screen read as "Cyberpunk 2077 © 2013 Electronic Arts Inc."

and after 1 min an EA press release " Electronic Arts Acquires CD Projekt RED,Bioware will help on Cyberpunk 2077"

I would laugh so hard

Perkel

Banned

Then why are you insisting TW1 is on Aurora engine ? They changed so much that could call it any other name than aurora same as CoD4 devs changed IdTech3.

Aurora engine is vastly worse that their engine to point which NWN2 engine (upgraded Aurora with different name) was worse than TW1 engine in many ways.

That money stays within the group, and will most likely be paid back to CDP as dividend. As for the second part of your comment - you clearly don't know much about CD Projekt. It was bought by Optimus S.A. (through reverse takeover), changed its name to CD Projekt Red S.A. and then merged through acquisition with it's subsidiary CD Projekt Red Sp. z o.o. by transfering all assets from Sp. z o.o. to S.A.

Source

Ok what this have to do with CDPR funding expensive CGIs ? If anything this means they have less money than more and still have to run distribution channel which was my main point of post.

DocSeuss

Then why are you insisting TW1 is on Aurora engine ? They changed so much that could call it any other name than aurora same as CoD4 devs changed IdTech3.

Ok what this have to do with CDPR funding expensive CGIs ? If anything this means they have less money than more and still have to run distribution channel which was my main point of post.

Call of Duty is using about as much code as Source engine games.

The Witcher starts up and literally says "USING AURORA ENGINE."

Perkel

Banned
Call of Duty is using about as much code as Source engine games.

The Witcher starts up and literally says "USING AURORA ENGINE."

Sticker on Call of Duty4 "using IdTech3 engine" will change much ?

Point is that their heavy modified engine is better than Electron Engine in NWN2 (which was again heavy modified A1 engine just with different name). Calling it Aurora for sake of license doesn't change fact that it much different engine.

In other news it's 12:30 in Poland so expect something in about 6-8 hours. Usually anoucements are between 18-20.

boskee

In other news it's 12:30 in Poland so expect something in about 6-8 hours. Usually anoucements are between 18-20.

They will post it at 10pm CET.

FAG7x.png

After playing Gemini Rue I've falled in love with the cyberpunk genre and can't wait for this game to come out. Does anyone know other cyberpunk games worth a playtrough while waiting for this ?

O.DOGG

After playing Gemini Rue I've falled in love with the cyberpunk genre and can't wait for this game to come out. Does anyone know other cyberpunk games worth a playtrough while waiting for this ?

Off the top of my head: Deus Ex, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Blade Runner...

abunai

System shock/2 could be considered cyberpunk but it's definitely on the harder sci-fi side of the genre. Hard reset has a cyberpunk vibe to it. Anachronox could be considered cyberpunk too.

E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy also, but that's only if you can stand overwhelming amounts of jank. There was a few Ghost in the Shell games as well.

-

10pm is such a weird time to release a trailer.

Rise Of The Dragon.

0730-risedragon-nosound.jpg

There is also Bloodnet, but I never played that.

Serra

Deus Ex, Deus Ex HR, System Shock 2

(like others have said before)

derFeef

Isn't this game PC exclusive? Why would they need to bullshot screens running off of a GTX 680?

It's not the IQ, it's the model and lighting quality. You really believe we are going to get a zipper like that in realtime? Or just look at the jacket,...

JustinBB7

Just looking at Witcher 2 graphics, this seems believable. Playing through Witcher 2 right now with (almost I think) all settings maxed. Beautiful game.

Lime

It's the main setting for the pen & paper game. Located near San Jose, California according to Wikipedia.

Ok, I thought as much. I just thought a more imaginative name for a cyberpunk city would have come up, but I guess the names in the universe are pretty straightforward, i.e. "Cyberpunk" or "Night City".

I wonder if the character names will be "Hacker Nerd", "Grumpy Detective", "Sexy Robot Assassin", and so on.

Wallach

Way more excited for this than another Witcher game. Not expecting a whole lot out of this trailer, though. Seems too early.

Fjordson

Ok, I thought as much. I just thought a more imaginative name for a cyberpunk city would have come up, but I guess the names in the universe are pretty straightforward, i.e. "Cyberpunk" or "Night City".

I wonder if the character names will be "Hacker Nerd", "Grumpy Detective", "Sexy Robot Assassin", and so on.
Haha, yeah pretty typical names, but the universe seems really interesting on the whole.

xenist

I'm not saying that real-time in-game garaphics are gonna be this good but let's cut down on the pessimism. It's CDPR. The Witcher 2 is what, 2 years old now? And this is coming in two years. The graphics may be damn close to the pictures.

xenist

Maybe they should go the JRPG way and make up some names that sound like speaking in tongues. Name the city Vulva Tabula Magna or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom