• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 tweet makes light hearted joke about gender spectrum [up: tweet deleted]

Zato

Banned
Will have zero impact on sales, probably not the best thing to tweet in this day and age but this "event" is the definition of a storm in a tea cup.

Dabaus

Banned
After battlefield 5 flops and doom eternal does better than expected watch marketing companies start mocking sjws rather than cater to them

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
I'm sure klepek and walker are now scouring employees twitter accounts for anything they can use to blow it up further

Shifty

Why even make the tweet in the first place if you're just going to back down? That's a lose-lose situation.

If you want to do it right then go the Bethesda route and put it in something that can't or won't be deleted. Otherwise just shut up and roll on.

Michele

you.
Sorry, I didn't see this thread. I thought there was no thread so I just posted it. Besides it was bumped a bit down so I didn't see it, sorry again.

But this tweet, coming from a game company such as Cyber, is just a disgrace in my opinion...

Leftist gaming 'journalist' makes rape and racist jokes - not a peep from the far left

Twitter account of a videogame makes a "did you just assume my gender" joke - outrage from the far left, possibly calling for firing in a few hours

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I dare any of the whiny SJW kings at Waypoint/Kotaku/Polygon, etc to boycott coverage of this game now.

I’ll bet my house that they won’t.

Can’t give up all those clicks!

finowns

Best thing for the developers to do is ignore the outrage although you have a 'game journalist' smugly tweeting 'Do Better.'

Thiagosc777

They already deleted the tweet. I am going to wait and see what happens with this game before making any judgement. If they bend the knee, then I am not buying it.

Ogbert

I dare any of the whiny SJW kings at Waypoint/Kotaku/Polygon, etc to boycott coverage of this game now.

Not a chance. Too big a game.

I think they're also hoping that the game is going to be some sort of transhumanist Shangri-La; a perfect Eden of gender neutral wonderment. I just hope the gameplay doesn't suck.

By the way, Austin Walker is a pompous buffoon. His 'do better' tweet really did make me want to swallow a Frisbee. Who the FUCK do these people think they are, patrolling the world wide web with their pointy little, jabby jabby fingers, screeching at anything they deem offensive. Fuck off you sanctimonious dildo and worry about your own behaviour.

MilkyJoe

After battlefield 5 flops and doom eternal does better than expected watch marketing companies start mocking sjws rather than cater to them

Seems to work and trends catch on quick in this industry.
btn0xWoc6P9NvXIpiNSF.gif

Best thing for the developers to do is ignore the outrage although you have a 'game journalist' smugly tweeting 'Do Better.'

The most obsolete of all jobs in the industry, I don't know why they even pander to them.

By the way, Austin Walker is a pompous buffoon. His 'do better' tweet really did make me want to swallow a Frisbee. Who the FUCK do these people think they are, patrolling the world wide web with their pointy little, jabby jabby fingers, screeching at anything they deem offensive. Fuck off you sanctimonious dildo and worry about your own behaviour.

Remember when the internet used to be a paradise? A beautiful escape from the real world?

That was before the SJW fun police showed up.

Dibils2k

where does Doom Eternal mock SJWs? why do you think companies give that much shit?

if BF5 fails and Doom Eternal succeeds it will have nothing to do with SJWs or other side

Last edited:

iorek21

Seriously, we’ve gotten to the point that one single tweet causes such a backlash?

Doom Eternal also caused repercussion... man....

“Snowflake generation” seems to be no joke, huh

I’ll bet my house that they won’t.

Can’t give up all those clicks!
You mean those great non-reviews with stupid titles such as: 'How playing Cyberpunk 2077 made me realize that I never told my dad I forgive him for being an asshole to me'?

i hate the internet

Can't say I'm fond of the internet today but the internet of the prior decade was incredible, it was so much fun.

In fact I often wonder if it's going to go down in history alongside things like "the golden age of piracy" or "the wild west" as a unique and often lionized period of time.

dolabla

Can't say I'm surprised. Most SJWs are the most fucking miserable people on the planet. All they live for is to be outraged over the dumbest shit. It is impossible for them to have any sense of humor.

Remember, these are the same type of people who have gone after Dave freaking Chappelle. Companies need to stop bowing to these always offended losers and tell them to get lost. Most were probably never going to buy your product anyways.

Kadayi

Banned
I'm amused at the idea that people are claiming to have cancelled the pre-orders. I wasn't even aware that there was the ability to pre-order the game at this time.

Deft Beck

"Did you just assume X's gender" is a really dated, lowbrow joke. That and "attack helicopter" jokes aren't that funny to me, not because they're offensive, but because it's so tired by now.

Last edited:

sotojuan

I think they're also hoping that the game is going to be some sort of transhumanist Shangri-La; a perfect Eden of gender neutral wonderment. I just hope the gameplay doesn't suck.
Is there any confirmation of this? I expect the game to just be set in a cyberpunk setting, that's all. I'd be surprised if an Eastern European team that makes tweet jokes like this to tackle those topics.

Humdinger

Good for them, although I agree it's not exactly a laugh out loud joke. But it's nice to see some ridicule where it belongs. I'm a bit disappointed that they removed the tweet, but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't think they did it out of cowardice. I think they did it because they've got better things to do than get embroiled in this sort of nonsense.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
"Did you just assume X's gender" is a really dated, lowbrow joke. That and "attack helicopter" jokes aren't that funny to me, not because they're offensive, but because it's so tired by now.
I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I'm fucking retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Apache" and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can't accept me you're a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.
This shit’s as funny now as it was in 2014.

Parodying idiots will always be funny.

DonF

I hope they keep their word of not buying this game because of this. There is no ill will in the joke...come on. Its just a bad and outdated joke.

They censored the main thread on Era, the second post had a power message about having the strength not be triggered by trivial statements, shame.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
21 bans, including several perms in the now-locked Resetera thread on this... Nearly all of which are for not being sufficiently outraged over the tweet!
Honestly, who would want to post on a place like that?

Nymphae

Banned
SJW's have zero sense of humour. That is a completely harmless leg pulling; an incredibly simple joke about the absurd overreach of gender politics. I love CDPR, they knew what they were doing when they tweeted that lol.

Kadayi

Banned
I hope they keep their word of not buying this game because of this. There is no ill will in the joke...come on. Its just a bad and outdated joke.

I for one look forward to the inevitable "we'll play it, but we just aren't going to review it" podcast from Waypoint

Mattyp

Gold Member
21 bans, including several perms in the now-locked Resetera thread on this... Nearly all of which are for not being sufficiently outraged over the tweet!
Honestly, who would want to post on a place like that?

No one outside of trolling, they should really spell check their ban page with the amount they hand out. Here's my last one. If only my IP didn't change with resetting the router troll 6.0 initiated now I guess :pie_thinking:

Untitled.png

Last edited:

Ogbert

Is there any confirmation of this? I expect the game to just be set in a cyberpunk setting, that's all. I'd be surprised if an Eastern European team that makes tweet jokes like this to tackle those topics.

Absolutely none whatsoever, but I imagine this will be their line of attack.

Much like 16th Century Bohemia should have been as diverse as Sesame Street, I expect their argument to be that futuristic neo-noir has always involved trans individuals (I have no idea if this is true or if it's simply the conflation of people with pink hair = trans) so the game has a moral obligation to include the same sort of characters.

This avenue lets them flex their favourite critical muscle - telling other people what their creative vision should include, rather than come up with their own.

AlexxKidd

Leftist gaming 'journalist' makes rape and racist jokes - not a peep from the far left

Twitter account of a videogame makes a "did you just assume my gender" joke - outrage from the far left, possibly calling for firing in a few hours

I just remember the good old days, aka the 2000s, when people, even liberals, yes liberals, had a fucking sense of humor.

And yes, who could have imagined the 2000s would ever be a decade someone could be genuinely, unironically, 100% nostalgic for, oh the 2010s.

How the fuck is this horse shit allowed on this video game site? Super macho man posters trying to turn shit into some "left" and "liberal" political issue when they are the ones coming across more like pansies than the ones they're trying to attack. If you want to bring politics in this motherfucker please I'll be happy to talk about Trump and his pussy grabbing, limp dick whore-buying ways, and remember the good old days when conservatives didn't pray to their fake Jesus, holding themselves up as some moral authority all while defending their priests who molest children and hating when the same gender-neutral people CDPR made a lighthearted joke about got married.

How the fuck is this horse shit allowed on this video game site? Super macho man posters trying to turn shit into some "left" and "liberal" political issue when they are the ones coming across more like pansies than the ones they're trying to attack. If you want to bring politics in this motherfucker please I'll be happy to talk about Trump and his pussy grabbing, limp dick whore-buying ways, and remember the good old days when conservatives didn't pray to their fake Jesus, holding themselves up as some moral authority all while defending their priests who molest children and hating when the same gender-neutral people CDPR made a lighthearted joke about got married.

You must be fun at parties.....please seek some professional help

YayNJ

Banned
I'm what you would class as a "liberal" I guess. My politics are centre left. I'd just like to take this moment to apologise on behalf of the non-sad basement dwelling majority of us. This outrage culture has gone beyond pathetic.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Its not going to decrease the amount of sales this game gets. The Witcher showed the pride of Poland's technical accomplishments. President Obama was even given a copy of The Witcher 2.

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-witcher-2015-7

Its like being in a Suncoast and overhearing someone get very heated over which director's rap sheet was worse.

Last edited:

Mochilador

I'm what you would class as a "liberal" I guess. My politics are centre left. I'd just like to take this moment to apologise on behalf of the non-sad basement dwelling majority of us. This outrage culture has gone beyond pathetic.
It's getting out of control. Humor will be dead if this trend keeps going.

Another reason why punctuation is important. People can take what you write out of context. I know, it happens to me.

(Not talking about CD Projekt Red's tweet. But the tweet they tweeted.)

Last edited:

kunonabi

Nothing wrong with the tweet and I doubt this will matter all that much in the long run. People were already bitching about not having a proper "gender slider" so they were already in the doghouse to begin with.

Top Bottom