• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 tweet makes light hearted joke about gender spectrum [up: tweet deleted]

Dabaus

Banned
Dear game developers, if your reading this: Stop catering to blue haired losers who live in mommies basement and have nothing better to do than to be outraged over literally the smallest thing that doesn't fit their Marxist ideology. Cater to people who actually want to buy your product.

They censored the main thread on Era, the second post had a power message about having the strength not be triggered by trivial statements, shame.
That's why I stayed out of it. The arguments and self-righteousness on that site are ridiculous. I got into an argument with someone over something stupid and once I played the race card (since they thought I was a "nazi" and white) they shut the fuck up.

Mochilador

Dear game developers, if your reading this: Stop catering to blue haired losers who live in mommies basement and have nothing better to do than to be outraged over literally the smallest thing that doesn't fit their Marxist ideology. Cater to people who actually want to buy your product.
main-qimg-b89be75bac98570b2780a7e9ee296313

Helios

Absolutely none whatsoever, but I imagine this will be their line of attack.

Much like 16th Century Bohemia should have been as diverse as Sesame Street, I expect their argument to be that futuristic neo-noir has always involved trans individuals (I have no idea if this is true or if it's simply the conflation of people with pink hair = trans) so the game has a moral obligation to include the same sort of characters.

This avenue lets them flex their favourite critical muscle - telling other people what their creative vision should include, rather than come up with their own.
You called?
d019yyI.png

i18DBdt.png

Also laughing my ass off at "cis able-bodied"

Suggestion for forum Bot:

"This would get you a ban on that other site" watchdog
Aping the Twitter 'Racism Watchdog' account and its spinoffs, this would be a forum bot.
Its job would be to add to a discussion by sporadically quoting statements made in the same discussion that "would get you a ban on that other site".
Each quote would be followed by the word "Bark!"
This would save genuine users the work of undertaking this task by hand.

Bark!

Suggestion for forum Bot:

"This would get you a ban on that other site" watchdog
Aping the Twitter 'Racism Watchdog' account and its spinoffs, this would be a forum bot.
Its job would be to add to a discussion by sporadically quoting statements made in the same discussion that "would get you a ban on that other site".
Each quote would be followed by the word "Bark!"
This would save genuine users the work of undertaking this task by hand.

Bark!
Wouldn't a *bleep bloop* be fitting since it is a bot?

Humdinger

I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I'm fucking retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Apache" and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can't accept me you're a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

lol. I've never seen it written out that way. That's pretty funny.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It is not transphobic. It is mocking the SJW culture It is the same as the attackhelicopter meme.

Teach me how this is mocking so-called "SJW culture". We want more men? I don't get it honestly. I'm lost lol.

JimmyJones

Banned
How the fuck is this horse shit allowed on this video game site? Super macho man posters trying to turn shit into some "left" and "liberal" political issue when they are the ones coming across more like pansies than the ones they're trying to attack. If you want to bring politics in this motherfucker please I'll be happy to talk about Trump and his pussy grabbing, limp dick whore-buying ways, and remember the good old days when conservatives didn't pray to their fake Jesus, holding themselves up as some moral authority all while defending their priests who molest children and hating when the same gender-neutral people CDPR made a lighthearted joke about got married.

1bwzca.jpg

How the fuck is this horse shit allowed on this video game site? Super macho man posters trying to turn shit into some "left" and "liberal" political issue when they are the ones coming across more like pansies than the ones they're trying to attack. If you want to bring politics in this motherfucker please I'll be happy to talk about Trump and his pussy grabbing, limp dick whore-buying ways, and remember the good old days when conservatives didn't pray to their fake Jesus, holding themselves up as some moral authority all while defending their priests who molest children and hating when the same gender-neutral people CDPR made a lighthearted joke about got married.
I consider myself moderate, actually.

Also, notice how I said far left. Not the left as a whole, but the far left that dominated this site for the past few years until they all went to the other site. Next time read more closely before getting outraged.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Hilarious joke. James Gunn makes pedofile joke okay. Make a non trans joke, burn at the stake!
Yeah right. These progressive screamers are always on about having empathy for other people. But where is their empathy for victims of pedophiles then? I bet there are thousands in Hollywood. But hey ‘rehire James Gunn cause Trump sux’

Dunki

Teach me how this is mocking so-called "SJW culture". We want more men? I don't get it honestly. I'm lost lol.

"Did You Just Assume My Gender?" is a punchline used to mock the sensitivity of feminists, Social Justice Warriors, and the discussions going on in the LGBTQcommunity, particularly the Trans and Queer communities, involving gender identification.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/did-you-just-assume-my-gender

And the attack helicopter meme is because of extremists trying to argue how there are 70+ gender. Here is a great video why this meme exist

Last edited:
I for one am so outraged that I am vibrating.

I have to deal with people assuming my gender all the time.

If Im black, you gamers all assume Im a man, if I’m neon, you think Im a girl.

You gamers are all a bunch of homist transists and racephobes.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

It's using SJW buzzwords and expressions like "yikes", "gross", "problematic", "current year", "nazi", "literally Hitler", "micro-agressions", "patriarchy", "rape culture", "safe-space", "toxic masculinity" and all the others.
What they said was no different than this:

I can see the angle that trans people would be annoyed and offended by the tweet, but I disagree that it is transphobic in nature or intent. As others have said, it is mocking a culture of extremism. CP2077 is an inclusive game that bends the prospects of gender and biology. A big part of the mythos of cyberpunk is about transcending the normal human conditioning.

It is a massive disservice to transpeople what they are doing. Particularly the tons of transpeople who don't want to be the fucking blunt instrument in some political war, but who just want to live their lives in peace, and not have people acting outraged on their behalf. Trans issues is a major fucking problem, but tumblr "did you just assume my pronoun" is not that.
There are many transpeople who are not bothered by these memes and who see that they are not mocking them. Talking on their behalf and shouting them down because they disagree with you is abhorrent.

iconmaster

Banned
remember the good old days when conservatives didn't pray to their fake Jesus, holding themselves up as some moral authority all while defending their priests who molest children and hating when the same gender-neutral people CDPR made a lighthearted joke about got married.

Lot going on here

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It's using SJW buzzwords and expressions like "yikes", "gross", "problematic", "current year", "nazi", "literally Hitler", "micro-agressions", "patriarchy", "rape culture", "safe-space", "toxic masculinity" and all the others.
What they said was no different than this:

LOLOLOLOL!!!!! I believe in almost every word you quoted there because they are real and important, but the clip is so over the top funny that I snorted laughing. They just understand the culture and how to find the funny in stuff like this.

But thanks for explaining. I can see why they took the tweet down.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/did-you-just-assume-my-gender

And the attack helicopter meme is because of extremists trying to argue how there are 70+ gender. Here is a great video why this meme exist

All those genders is dumb. Jebus Christ man. I can see why some of this stuff just makes people mad.

Last edited:
If people are offended by this, then I seriously ask myself, HOW THE HELL DID THEY EVEN SURVIVE?
That SJW virus is not going to disappear in the years to come I presume. People's judgement abily is fucked up to a point where there is no cure anymore. I think that comes from growing up and living in a oversaturated consumer society.

aY227

"
And you guys wonder why Trump won... Jesus.
Bad joke.
Amazing overreaction. "

You have been banned for the following reason: User permanently banned: downplaying transphobia

My first post there :)
Will I be banned here also? (just want to check)

I HONESTLY dont understand this :(
Also:
"CDPR are Polish. Their country is fuck racially and if you aren't white heterosexual then you are basically a alien. "

That will propably stay :/
I... ah fuck it

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
CP2077 Twitter account posts meme response to a guy a gamescom.

Tl;dr - Some guy tweets at CP2077 saying 'he wants more guys' while referencing a pic of some people and CP2077 responds with 'Did you just assume their gender?'

-

A lame eye-rolling joke, sure, but as you can guess, they went ballistic on the other site.

This doesn't deter my interest in the game.

OMG I love CDPR & Cyberpunk even more.

I hope someone got screenshots since it's gone now.

Dunki

"
And you guys wonder why Trump won... Jesus.
Bad joke.
Amazing overreaction. "

You have been banned for the following reason: User permanently banned: downplaying transphobia

My first post there :)
Will I be banned here also? (just want to check)

I HONESTLY dont understand this :(
Also:
"CDPR are Polish. Their country is fuck racially and if you aren't white heterosexual then you are basically a alien. "

I... ah fuck it
You will not be banned here but we have a off topic resetera thread for this kind of stuff to keep it out of normal ones XD

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
"

Also:

I... ah fuck it

I'll remember that next time I'm in Poland, (been there like what? 8 times?). I'll tell all of us guys in the latino club dancing with beautiful girls, that they apparently want to murder us. :p

Too bad, I guess the friends I've made there also want to send us to Mars too. "pie_tears_joy:

Last edited:

oagboghi2

🤣 Damn Trump did a number on you.

Ribi

Clearly meant as a harmless joke. What kind of a forum doesn't let you have a discussion about these things and instead picks a side and bans anyone opposing set side keeping the thread open only for ban bait. oh right the one they say isn't gaf but is worse than gaf.

It's just a harmless joke. I'm just tired of people overreacting and witch-hunting anyone who says anything different from the "Political Correctness Sturmabteilung" way of thinking.

Nymphae

Banned

My take is that it was joke about the absurd overreach of gender politics. Someone that calls a group of what is visibly identifiable as a group of men, men, is met with "How dare you assume their gender." It's very clearly a jab at our overly PC culture.

I shared a similar one on FB a few years ago, it was Billy Zane on the titanic, trying to use a child to get himself access to the lifeboats. A man says to Billy "excuse me sir these are for women and children only", and he says "Did you just assume my gender??"

A simple, harmless joke aimed at the PC police.

Last edited:

Blam

Honestly people are blowing this the fuck out of proportion. I'm trans (been on HRT for 5 months) and I don't see myself offended at this. I've made this joke many times, and people on era saying that they've never seen that used anywhere else need to leave their small bubble and converse with other people outside.

Anyone offended at this needs to chill the fuck out and toughen up. This is a social media manager a shitload of companies have one, why does the entire company get encompassed into one person.

edit: CDPR needs to just stop listening to the backlash. If this in return ruins shit in the game. I'm gonna be really disappointed with them. Vocal minority doesn't really do much to stop sales. Unless they somehow ruin the game in return aka Yooka Laylee.

People cancelled on mass because they removed Jontron, if they just didn't say anything then it would have been fine but thankfully their Social Media guy was once again one of those era types and bent the knee probably whining about it to the other devs to get it removed.

For what? A single fucking side mission they lost maybe a couple thousand sales.

Last edited:

The Skull

Twitter is an absolute mess over this. Usually things are being said and I'm just waiting for them to be called Nazi's at this point. Some people urgently need to get some help with their mental health if they are flipping out this bad over a jab at the cultural implications of the phrase, not at trans people. It actually must be exhausting being that offended daily. Save that shit for the real bigots that are doing or saying detrimental things to trans people.

Honestly people are blowing this the fuck out of proportion. I'm trans and I don't see myself offended at this. I've made this joke many times, and people on era saying that they've never seen that used anywhere else need to leave their small bubble and converse with other people outside.

Anyone offended at this needs to chill the fuck out and toughen up. This is a social media manager a shitload of companies have one, why does the entire company get encompassed into one person

impressed.gif

100% Agree!

Adry9

They bent the knee. The devs of Cyberpunk don't want to offend anyone. Cyber-PUNK.

I hope this is just twtter and they didn't hold back with the actual game...

Twitter is an absolute mess over this. Usually things are being said and I'm just waiting for them to be called Nazi's at this point. Some people urgently need to get some help with their mental health if they are flipping out this bad over a jab at the cultural implications of the phrase, not at trans people. It actually must be exhausting being that offended daily. Save that shit for the real bigots that are doing or saying detrimental things to trans people.

Reading comprehension skills are down 250% since social medias exist.

And they already were at an all-time low, too.

The outrage is just masking the underlying truth: rampant functional illiteracy.

Helios

They bent the knee. The devs of Cyberpunk don't want to offend anyone. Cyber-PUNK.

I hope this is just twtter and they didn't hold back with the actual game...

And as always, these same SJW acting like this apology is not good enough for them. That it's not sincere enough. The mob is never sated.

Revas

Why are the lines in the sand so clearly drawn? People must really enjoy the us vs them aspect of all this. No empathy just hate for this with different views.

Last edited:

manfestival

I love how playing the twitter game is literally feeding bottom feeders that somehow always ends up with major repercussions

Top Bottom