• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.5 | Satisfied?

Are you satisfied with this update?

• Yes

Votes: 223 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 129 20.4%
  • It's a first step

Votes: 279 44.2%

• Total voters

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It’s a start. I bought a ps5 for this game but sold it when it became apparent the next gen patch was so far off. Now I can’t even buy a ps5 due to scarcity.
You had a PS5 for this game and then you sold it because you couldn't play this game? Congratulations.
giphy.gif

tried it on my old file and camew out unimpressed..but it doesn't help that i have most of the missions already done on that save file..so i couldn't get into combat.
you get some prizes by the fixers of the various districts while you clear all their missions, but i kind of received all together so i'm not sure what was effectively new.

the 4 apartments and the "skins" for your main one feel like pointless addition since it doesn't seem like you can do any different thing..although i tried only the corpo plaza one, where you can drink tea and coffee..and that's it
New expansion should allow for NPC to join you in your apartment and have a laugh or smoke a joint.

I was more than satisfied when Cyberpunk released. Granted, I was playing on Series X and, other than a few crashes/oddities here/there, it was easily my GOTY 2020, and one of my favorite games ever.

I just bought it on PS5 so I can give it another go; like on Series X, it will be beaten, loved and I will do literally everthing on the map.

One of the best ever, is Cyberpunk 2077.
The adaptive feedback is reason enough for a replay. The new changes to gameplay should feel fresh with the rework perk system and ai, and finally, there is order to Fixer contracts.

I'm interested in going back to the game. I'd like to play more but I've done everything there is on offer. I'll have a look around and see what I can find in this version but no NG+ still!? I was really hoping there woudl be an NG+ with this next gen update. Dangit.

Anyone know if Dualsense features are available when using a Dualsense on the PC as well? Or is that PS5 exclusive?

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
Wrong, 90% of what I said was promised by the developer during countless itw and gameplay trailers. The rest was very strongly suggested to say the least. I suggest you take a look at one of those major Reddit threads like this one and see for yourself.

Again you are the one bringing GTA. I dont care about this game so what's the point? Wanting a strong, intelligent and well made police system ≠ wanting the same police as GTA.

RPG = Role Playing Game. This means you can ACT on the story with different choices, have a REAL impact on the narrative with your own temperament. It's absolutely not the case with CP2077 except during the last hour.
CP 2077 is an action game with a skill tree. That's it. Same goes for AC Valhalla for example.
Well, admitelly CD Red screwed up a bit in their marketing department.But I never followed their interviews closely, and only accompanied their "main" expositions such as trailers and whatnot. And never once there it was suggested that Cyberpunk was something that is clearly not.In other words, a sci fi take on The Witcher.Which is what it precicely became.Minus the bugs.

And I mean, the game released almost a year and a half ago, and you guys are still stuck to a few comments someone made a LONG time ago about like 5% of the feautures that never made into the game because either the game was already too ambitious and feature rich or, more probably, never meant to be in the game(and the things mentioned was more stuff discussed in pre production that never made into development).

Man, your definition of RPG is so wrong.Tell me, what game nowadays then would be an RPG by that definition?Probably narrative games like Heavy Rain, that you do have radical and completely different stories due to different choices, and thats it. Not even DnD inspired games like Divinity Original Sin would make it an RPG, because if having multiple story branches with multiple endings is supposedely a requirement, then that game wouldn't be an RPG, because it tells a singular story, even if a secondary or terciary NPC fate can be just a tiny different.Chrono Trigger wouldnt also be an RPG. Or Final Fantasy. Or KH.Or Dragon Quest.Or The Witcher, and so on.

And well, clearly 99% of people agree that those games are RPGs.

Like you said, RPG stands for Role Playing Games.But what you dont get is that, even by playing a linear game, with a singular story, is playing a role. In FF X, you play the role of Tidus in a quest to save Spira. In The Witcher, you play the role of Gerald, and become a witcher in that game. And in most of those RPGs, you can customize your builds and carachter and play a role in combat or exploration that more fits your style.Thats what a RPG is.

So thus, Cyberpunk 2077 is a RPG.I mean, obviously. I dont even know why I have to explain something so basic as this.

Mozzarella

Honestly, its fine, i voted a good step rather than yes because yeah more content is needed. But..this game imo doesnt have a masterpiece story or gameplay so i dont think they need to make it the work of their lifetime and keep improving it nonstop until 2077, no, just fix it more, add few extra content and tweak, release 1 expansion and move on to the next project, hopefully the rumors are true and its Vampire The Masquerade 2.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Like you said, RPG stands for Role Playing Games.But what you dont get is that, even by playing a linear game, with a singular story, is playing a role. In FF X, you play the role of Tidus in a quest to save Spira. In The Witcher, you play the role of Gerald, and become a witcher in that game. And in most of those RPGs, you can customize your builds and carachter and play a role in combat or exploration that more fits your style.Thats what a RPG is.
Sure and you make some fair points, but the most important thing is you don't have any impact on the story in CP2077. Divinity II is a CRPG because you can literally play different stories the way you want.
Imo to be called a RPG you need choices that have an impact on the story, skills trees, stats allowing optimization and different builds, various approach for the gameplay and elements allowing roleplay like hairdressers, tattoo etc... whatever suits the universe of the game you get the idea.

Well, admitelly CD Red screwed up a bit in their marketing department.But I never followed their interviews closely, and only accompanied their "main" expositions such as trailers and whatnot
They lied, that's it. Nothing more to add. Remember the whip? I do. It's just one of the many other stuff taken out or cut or promised but never delivered.

Aenima

I cant find the update on EU PS Store. Installed the PS4 version just in case, but only see the PS5 trial version available to download. Downloading that to try see if it will load my PS4 save. (I have the physical version of the game)

Last edited:
I am gonna wait for the planned paid DLC if that ever comes out. I cannot loose the feeling that one reason the game felt incomplete was that the DLC was planned from the start, so they intentionally cut out some junks from the game to keep them for the DLC.

Roni

Gold Member
While I know I'm asking a lot, it is honestly nothing more than what was promised or cut like the whip.

giphy.gif
xcIS2Wj.gif
I played with the monowire during my first playthrough, it''s in the game... I don't understand, you wanted it to work exactly like pre-alpha footage? C'mon now...

Personally was hoping for a couple new quest lines thrown in. Updates seem to be on the right track, but not enough for me to reinstall.

Whenever the first expansion comes out I'll probably hop back in

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I played with the monowire during my first playthrough, it''s in the game... I don't understand, you wanted it to work exactly like pre-alpha footage? C'mon now...
Isn't the monowire in the game?

Kind of? Half features are missing for example I wanted to be able to hack, yeah.
Now it's just the same 4 hits and animations. Nothing really awesome after 5 minutes.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Downloaded the update on PC and after seeing that I would need to redistribute 75 perk points and clothing mods completely scattered to the wind...I might as well start over fresh.

Glad I beat it though. 90+ hours put in before this update. Enjoyed most of it.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Well, the ability to hack with the wire is kinda useless when you can just hack from a distance anyway so its no surprise it got removed.
I think you're reaching too far here mate.
You are probably right. And it's definitely not the most important thing.

Nautilus

Banned
Sure and you make some fair points, but the most important thing is you don't have any impact on the story in CP2077. Divinity II is a CRPG because you can literally play different stories the way you want.
Imo to be called a RPG you need choices that have an impact on the story, skills trees, stats allowing optimization and different builds, various approach for the gameplay and elements allowing roleplay like hairdressers, tattoo etc... whatever suits the universe of the game you get the idea.

They lied, that's it. Nothing more to add. Remember the whip? I do. It's just one of the many other stuff taken out or cut or promised but never delivered.
Its just that your definition of RPG is too narrow and, as far as I know, is not what 99% of what people define as such, including devs. Having branching stories *can* be a nice adittion to a RPG depending on how its implemented, but its not essential to what makes an RPG RPG.Otherwise by this definition 95% of the RPG would stop being RPGs(and who knows what genre they would be a part of) and many narrative adventure games would become RPGs.

As for the marketing, I agree they screwed up. I think everyone should know better by now as to what to expect out of the game, but yeah, they screwed up the message.

Nautilus

Banned
If ur going to make a game open world. Ppl are going to have expectations. U either meet them. Exceed them. Or don't make ur game open world
Having expectations has nothing to do with the game being open world or not. I expect far more out of a Persona 6 game than most open worlds out there.

Its just that people went with unrealistic expectations of what the game really was, certainly in part due to CD Red faulty marketing, and hit reality when the game was something else

yurinka

Translated: "If my opinion is useful to you, I think it's a good time to start playing Cyberpunk 2077. In fact, I'll start playing it asap with this 1.5 version"

Last edited:

Aenima

Heres my experience:

Using PS4 Physical version of the game on PS5. Insert disk only see PS5 trial to download. Installed both PS4 and PS5 trial versions. PS4 version works well seems to have more content, new hideouts and stuff. Looks as i remember. (Shot a dude outside my apartment door, police spawned in the building and a police drone spawned inside my apartment) So police spawns still trash.

Tried PS5 version, its the trial and has a 5 hour countdown, try to import PS4 save, says corrupted save file. Start new game to see graphic diferences. Seems just slight improved with better textures. Ray tracing mode at 30fps dont have ray traced reflections, actually could not notice an aparent diference between performance and ray-traced other than in performance runs at 60 fps.

Unistaled both versions. :lollipop_poop:

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Thank god I'm on PC, the patch is kinda massive compared to previous ones. So many immersive details are changed for the better. I'm diving in again.

Mobilemofo

I've had to uninstall. When you play other games, then come back to this after so long, its horrible. It looks good, but i had enemies floating past me, fighting through me, and passing through walls. Waste of 6 minutes downloading it again. 😄 uninstalled forever.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I've had to uninstall. When you play other games, then come back to this after so long, its horrible. It looks good, but i had enemies floating past me, fighting through me, and passing through walls. Waste of 6 minutes downloading it again. 😄 uninstalled forever.

goddam, even after a years worth of patching, it's still that noticeable ?

Trimesh

Banned
I feel like this is a game that will eternally be hated no matter what CD Red does because of its abysmal launch, much like No Mans Lie.

Only by fucking drooling shit-eating morons that get their positions from click-bait YouTube vermin.

Honestly to me, it's a useful litmus test - if someone is still screeching about CP2077 (or NMS, for that matter) then I instantly file them in the "fucking idiot that can safely be disregarded" category. It's been pretty accurate so far.

Fredrik

64 fps avg on the PC benchmark at preset Ultra RT in 1080p with DLSS Auto on a 3800x+3070ti. Still a power hungry title.

No idea how much the visuals has been improved, it’s been on a bit of a hiatus, still looks fantastic though.

New playthrough, went with male V nomad, favorite life path. Noticed that you can’t change your complete appearance through the mirror in the appartment, it’s still such a QoL improvement though, I used a buggy mod previously or simply started over.

I’ll check out the XSX version too. Currently playing on a 24” 1080p LCD on PC, I need to see what it looks like in 4K. Tried using a controller on the PC just to see if I could do it, I’ve played too much with mouse and keyboard to feel at home but I have to admit that driving and melee combat is better that way. The shooting and doing anything with any sort of quick precision sucks with a controller though.

All in all, mostly minor improvements that I can see so far but it’s fun being back! I don’t see haters returning though but it’s their loss as far as I’m concerned, just playing act 1 reminds me how awesome the immersion and story telling is in this game, absolute top tier compared to everything else in the genre.

Last edited:

Paasei

Only went for a drive in the game yesterday for ~20min. Didn’t notice any difference in handling (yet).

Did notice that a lot of the map and other HUD/UI elements changed looks.

RuneMan

Neo Member
Only by fucking drooling shit-eating morons that get their positions from click-bait YouTube vermin.

Honestly to me, it's a useful litmus test - if someone is still screeching about CP2077 (or NMS, for that matter) then I instantly file them in the "fucking idiot that can safely be disregarded" category. It's been pretty accurate so far.
Nice I do the same thing to people like you.
Besides that I think they should move on to other shit because this looks like beyond repair.

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
Started a new playthrough on PC. Played until the part you meet Dex so haven't really gotten to the meat of the game yet but I gotta say the image quality is vastly improved from what I last played (patch 1.2). With DLSS at quality the game looks pretty crisp with no artifacts so far, I remember it being pretty damn blurry before.
Eh? The 1.5 patch isn't even out on PC yet.

EdGalTBR

Banned

Xbox Series S appears to be running at parity of resolution (1440p) and effects as the Xbox Series X and Playstation, but at half the frame rate. It's a huge improvement over the previous version, which ran at 1080p. The game seems to be very well optimized on the Series S.

A dynamic 1080p mode with 60FPS is perfectly viable and it's only a matter of time.

Compared to the Xbox One X version, the Series S version is superior in absolutely every way.

Tschumi

I won't be satisfied until an expansion that is basically what the game was meant to be comes out, so a few years i guess. I like the og game though so this is all gravy.

Top Bottom