• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Cyberpunk 2077] (Very) little news from Pareto Securities Gaming Seminar 2018

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
1519578997-cyberpunk-2077.png

The highlights:

- The futuristic RPG is going to be the team’s “new Witcher 3“. The team feels most comfortable talking about Cyberpunk 2077 than talking about GWENT given that they have done something similar in design to Cyberpunk 2077 in the past in the form of The Witcher.

- Cyberpunk 2077 will be “even more ambitious” than The Witcher series of games, and the team’s goal is to establish “a new blockbuster franchise from the beginning.

- Kiciński claims that Cyberpunk 2077 will “appeal” to players and be a “true RPG” that also appeals to “RPG players.” The game will not be a half or 1/4 RPG, but a true role-playing game much like The Witcher 3 according to Kiciński

- Cyberpunk 2077 “is handcrafted” with a lot of detail put into the world, and it also sports “open ended gameplay”.

- Furthermore, Cyberpunk 2077 world/universe will allow CD Projekt Red to work without binds unlike a predefined world like The Witcher universe. This is said to help the team to add in various creative decisions into the game that you might not expect.

- As for gameplay and the quality of the interactive experience, the two are a main priority at this point, with well over 300 people confirmed to be working on Cyberpunk 2077 according to Kiciński.

- At 3:58:26 a crowd member asked a question about Cyberpunk 2077 and the first gameplay video, which Nielubowicz replies “When it’s ready”, but Kiciński says that a gameplay video will appear before “When it’s ready”.

- The team will not start a campaign to announce a campaign. In other words the full promotional campaign will let everyone know when it starts and will show gamers and fans alike what needs to be shown. In addition, the promotional campaign will start “one day” as a surprise.

- Another audience member asked a question whether games by CD Projekt Red like Cyberpunk 2077 will be exclusive to GOG.com, Kiciński replied and said the team wants to be “for gamers” and give players a choice like how The Witcher games are on Steam.

source
source
I may have miss some things so there might be more info.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I can't even begin to properly describe how excited I am for this. I'm an absolute sucker for anything cyberpunk and CD Projekt Red is my favorite rpg studio, so even just small tidbits of info like this are enough to get me ridiculously hyped.

Without a doubt this will be a lit, unique experience in that handcrafted world plus, it will look gorgeous on both consoles...

That sentence alone "Reveal will come as a surprise" gives me goosies, I expect a loads of info any random day or at E3 with a Holliday release, you never know.

iorek21

I'm trying to imagine how the open world will work on this game, will it be a huge city (something like Assassin's Creed did with Unity and Syndicate) or a hybrid nature/urban world like Witcher 3...

I really hope they something this year. With Deus EX possibly mia, I want cyberpunk to replace it. Though I would like full character customization where I can change my character's race or gender.

Algorum

Neo Member
The fact that not only is this being made by an amazing team but that it’s going to be an open-world/scfi/cyberpunk RPG is just a dream come true to me.

I’ve been waiting for this since jak 2 but being that it’s both an rpg and cyberpunk makes this my second most anticipated game alongside death stranding.

This is more news than I was expecting from the title. I like how they say its an actual rpg and not "a rpg". They always have little digs at the industry the little rascals.

Algorum

Neo Member
This is more news than I was expecting from the title. I like how they say its an actual rpg and not "a rpg". They always have little digs at the industry the little rascals.
The Witcher 3 had a ton of really neat RPG elements but it still felt short to me on those mechanics.

The fact that we were already playing as a predetermined character proves this as it didn’t allow for much flexibility given the normal range of spells and attacks from Gerald as a character.

I would’ve much rather preferred something along the lines of the dragon age games where we picked who we wanted to be, etc.

But I realize this was strictly based on the books and I do commend them for the excellent execution of the Witcher games from a story perspective.

Mike555

Neo Member
I know I am in the minority, but I hope CP2077 isn't too much like TW3. It bored me to death, I just never felt involved.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

Yeah but this game is so hyped so I don't want to make false hope ^^

That sentence alone "Reveal will come as a surprise" gives me goosies, I expect a loads of info any random day or at E3 with a Holliday release, you never know.

I find this really strange, now i'm expecting a full reveal anytime from now, can't wait!

18b6l33v98k8ugif.gif
18b6l3brhdotlgif.gif

18b6l35ucw09hgif.gif
18b6l39sf4kghgif.gif

Nasigil

Neo Member
As much as I loved Witcher 3(my all time favorite game), I have learned that blind trust in a company almost never leads to happy ending. Cyberpunk 2077's ambition still sounds too crazy to be true for me, gotta wait until actual gameplay trailer to decide whether it's worth hyping for

KevinKeene

Banned
I'm hyped for this game, but talking about how it's going to bw a true rpg and then citing W3 as an example? W3 is barely an rpg, with it's preset character and barebones character growth. Do we know if CP2077 will have a character editor?

Munki

I just want to know how involved Ciri is in regards to the main story... Or is she just going to be part of a side-quest.

Top Bottom