• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: What we know so far

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Description of Brain Dancing from CDPR.

I really need the Brain Dance sections to be VR compatible. It makes too much sense.
Sounds a lot like Strange Days.

Which is fine by me, considering it's one of my favourite pieces of cyberpunk fiction no matter the medium.

MadYarpen

I'm expecting them to keep quite untill they are past alpha or something like that.
Also, I wonder if they will use updated consoles. If so, I might buy one of them...

Wok

Wow, so much info in the OP! I thought we only had the poster of the girl with the arachnoid arms. The game looks incredible. Most certainly GOTY 2020 though.

Very excited for this. Given the slow trickle of information since its announcement, it's nice having nearly every piece of information in one place. Many thanks, OP.

The only thing that concerns me is the first-person / third-person combination. One of the things that grates on me in virtually every Bethesda title is that both perspectives are offered yet neither is done particularly well.

Do we know anything else about how the split will be handled in this game?

Wow, so much info in the OP! I thought we only had the poster of the girl with the arachnoid arms. The game looks incredible. Most certainly GOTY 2020 though.

Didn't CDP RED say they were releasing two triple A RPG between 2017-2021. I doubt they would release them a year apart.

MadYarpen

Unless they get it out before October of this year, they'll be required to.

well yeah but will it be something meaningful?
One can hope so, Scorpio looks like a serious gear in comparison to current consoles. If it arrives on time for Cyberpunk, I will surely be tempted...

MadYarpen

Very excited for this. Given the slow trickle of information since its announcement, it's nice having nearly every piece of information in one place. Many thanks, OP.

The only thing that concerns me is the first-person / third-person combination. One of the things that grates on me in virtually every Bethesda title is that both perspectives are offered yet neither is done particularly well.

Do we know anything else about how the split will be handled in this game?

No idea... But to be honest I'd prefer it to be third-person.

AYF 001

Braindancing?! They stole my idea!!!

What if they downloaded my brain to steal the idea? :O
They also built a time machine to go back in time to steal it before it was invented.

This is what I really like about CDPR, they take the success of their previous game and invest it into making their next game even more ambitious.

DirtyCase

Sounds a lot like Strange Days.

Which is fine by me, considering it's one of my favourite pieces of cyberpunk fiction no matter the medium.

If you liked Strange Days I recommend you read Altered Carbon or even the The Diamond Age.

Cyberpunk done well is my favorite genre of media, and the more I play The Witcher 3 the more I look forward to what they will pull off with CP2077.

In real life and in art, a lot of styles and trends are cyclical and borrow from themselves. I took from the concept art and 'recruiting' cgi video that they are embracing that philosphy at least in terms of clothing and hair styles which will inevitably permeate the world.

I assume this game will most definitely go for the edgy and modernized take on cyberpunk which when compared with cyberpunk of the 80's could be considered post cyberpunk. Doesn't mean the traditional roles like rockerboy or Corp aren't possible its just that I believe they will go for a modern interpretation of the Cyberpunk universe based on a extrapolation of the world and techbology of today.

So no you won't have a random dice role every turn or minute whether or not you will lose your wireless Internet connection on your deck when moving in a car. But the style, attitude and look of the world will be inspired or evolved significantly enough by the old school cyberpunk we all love.

Sorry about my rant but I'm stoked these guys are making this game
Not sorry
. The more cyberpunk in my life the better.

STYLE OVER SUBSTANCE!

I used to play the pen and paper game in my teens and I always loved that quote. Tried to make sure to try my best to keep that approach in the choices my characters made. I love how CDPR seem to be keeping it close the the source material.

sprawl.jpg

Need those mirror eyes! Hyped!

And oh, thanks for the thread. Subbed!

Wow,fantastic thread. There is much more info available on this game than I remember. It has been my most anticipated game ever since The Witcher 3. The more I read about it the more excruciating the wait for a proper reveal has become. I can't wait to see the game engine. This more than VR will make me spend money on a highend PC. This has the potential to be a legendary game.

Subbed to this thread, Thanks again Walpurgis.

Eccocid

I wish it will have a amore subtle story like Blade Runner instead of inspired by flashy Matrix...
And world would e like in Ghost in The Shell Stand Alone Complex series.

boskee

I don't think it was mentioned before that we will be able to fly around the game world.

CDPR is looking for a vehicle programmer, responsible for "Creating the whole architecture of vehicle related code and the physics of driving / flying in those vehicles."

3oEjHPxEecCMjPHHR6.gif

Servbot24

Banned
Never got into Witcher, mainly due to the combat, the bland setting, and disliking open world design in general. However the setting of Cyberpunk could be enough to really push me over the edge and get me into it. I hope it does, because I would love to enjoy CDPR rather than merely acknowledge them.

PFD

I don't think it was mentioned before that we will be able to fly around the game world.

CDPR is looking for a vehicle programmer, responsible for "Creating the whole architecture of vehicle related code and the physics of driving / flying in those vehicles."

3oEjHPxEecCMjPHHR6.gif

Goddamn, that's cool

3oEjHPxEecCMjPHHR6.gif

Ohhhhhhh man. This game is going to be incredible.

Never got into Witcher, mainly due to the combat, the bland setting, and disliking open world design in general. However the setting of Cyberpunk could be enough to really push me over the edge and get me into it. I hope it does, because I would love to enjoy CDPR rather than merely acknowledge them.

I'm in the same boat. Hope it delivers.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member

3oEjHPxEecCMjPHHR6.gif

They better have this in it.

untitled-1-1310523091.jpg

3oEjHPxEecCMjPHHR6.gif

They better have this in it.

untitled-1-1310523091.jpg
oh man the idea of being some punk mohawk hacker riding on a cyber bike quivers my loins like no other.

DemWalls

The bump may be superfluous, but I accidentally found a list of the non-Polish developers currently working on the game, thought it may be interesting for some:

• Kyle Rowley -ex Remedy lead designer, now lead gameplay designer of CP2077
  • Shironne Peiris -ex Reflections GUI artist, now UI Artist in CD Projekt Red
  • Catalin Ion -ex Crytek senior animator, now senior animator for cp2077
  • Kris Cho -ex Bioware cinematic designer, now Senior Cinematic Artist at CD Projekt Red
  • Steve Kniebihly -ex Quantic dream cinematic director, now cinematic director at cd projekt red
  • David Brownsea -ex stainless games/ rockstar games enviro artist
  • Colin Walder -ex rockstar games audio programmer, now senior audio programmer at cdpr
  • Alex Soliven -ex supermassive games senior technical artist, now Senior Technical Artist at CD PROJEKT RED
  • Bruce Shtelmakher -ex carbine studios senior system engineer, now senior gameplay engineer at cdpr
  • Oliver Lockwood -ex codemasters programmer, now gameplay programmer at cdpr
  • Matthew Steinke -ex ubisoft, midway, mektek studios technical designer, now lead technical designer at cdpr
  • William McVicar- ex gameloft programmer, now tools and engine programmer at cdpr
  • Yasen Stoynev -ex ubisoft level designer, now quest designer at cdpr
  • Félix Tiévant -ex ubisoft sound designer, now sound designer at cdpr

Especially the lead gameplay deisgner coming from Remedy gives hope, the shooting in their games is always great.

The bump may be superfluous, but I accidentally found a list of the non-Polish developers currently working on the game, thought it may be interesting for some:

Especially the lead gameplay deisgner coming from Remedy gives hope, the shooting in their games is always great.

:)

Top Bottom