• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 will have different prologues, depending on the players chosen background.

Ivory Blood

So, in the recent email, Paweł Sasko - lead quest designer on Cyberpunk, confirmed that choosing Nomad, Street Kid or Corpo will not only affect dialogue choices, but also the starting locations and even playable prologues ala Dragon Age: Origins. This deal keeps getting better and better.

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I get it this game is MAYBE the title to surpass Prey 2, you've ALREADY EARNED MY MONEY I don't need any more teasing!

keraj37

I loved the different prologues in Dragon Age, almost surprising no major game I'm aware of has done it since that I'm aware of.

Mount & Blade does it. Although I was always choosing to be poor squire traveling to Swadia so I don't know what are other prologues.

Ways to earn my money

1) Let me create my own cyborg harem

2) Shootemup mission with Keanu as my sidekick (or am I keanus sidekick?)

3) a side game that was as addicting as Gwent

4)tron-based game used to hack certain things

5)cyber add on that lets me scale buildings like spiderman

What am I saying, none of this matters, I'm gonna buy it anyway

Last edited:

MadYarpen

Some more or less info, or fresh look at the demo:

Google translate is OK. I like the story bit at the end. Hype intensifies.

Ivory Blood

Some more or less info, or fresh look at the demo:

Google translate is OK. I like the story bit at the end. Hype intensifies.
Some juicy info there! Especially the bits about Johnny's character.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Ways to earn my money

1) Let me create my own cyborg harem

2) Shootemup mission with Keanu as my sidekick (or am I keanus sidekick?)

3) a side game that was as addicting as Gwent

4)tron-based game used to hack certain things

5)cyber add on that lets me scale buildings like spiderman

What am I saying, none of this matters, I'm gonna buy it anyway

Johnny Silverhand (Keanu) is your "personal AI". I assume he is dead in 2077 and there was a back up made of him onto a chip that is implanted in V. He is like Cortana (Halo) or Ghost (Destiny) so he'll be with you all the time. At least that's the impression I get. You might not see him all the time but he'll likely be talking to you throughout the entire game. If he appears "in person" it'll be as a hologram like seen in the trailer. He won't be able to use guns but he could hack into stuff for you.

There is a hacking mini game but who knows if it'll be as addictive as Gwent.

There are Mantis Blades which we've seen in the trailers. They let you scale walls. Here is the point where you see them in gameplay (if it doesn't work go to 42:52):

Last edited:
Johnny Silverhand (Keanu) is your "personal AI". I assume he is dead in 2077 and there was a back up made of him onto a chip that is implanted in V. He is like Cortana (Halo) or Ghost (Destiny) so he'll be with you all the time. At least that's the impression I get. You might not see him all the time but he'll likely be talking to you throughout the entire game. If he appears "in person" it'll be as a hologram like seen in the trailer. He won't be able to use guns but he could hack into stuff for you.

There is a hacking mini game but who knows if it'll be as addictive as Gwent.

There are Mantis Blades which we've seen in the trailers. They let you scale walls. Here is the point where you see them in gameplay (if it doesn't work go to 42:52):

24/7 Keanu? I can live with this. maybe he can hack into NPC's bodies and use their shell to physically fight for a certain amount of time (based on your hacking skills/level)

yeah I saw the mantis blade hang on the walls and whatnot, but maybe they can be leveled up enough where you can literally climb buildings ala assassins creed

Mista

Banned
That’s what I didn’t want to happen. Different prologues and endings. I’m done with them for a couple of years now and never have the excitement to see them all like before. But looks like this time I’ll have to go back a couple of years and enjoy them all over again

Ivory Blood

That’s what I didn’t want to happen. Different prologues and endings. I’m done with them for a couple of years now and never have the excitement to see them all like before. But looks like this time I’ll have to go back a couple of years and enjoy them all over again
Why do you not like different starting points? Isn't it cool for the roleplayin' purposes to be able to have a sense of who your character was before the adventure begins in earnest?

Mista

Banned
Why do you not like different starting points? Isn't it cool for the roleplayin' purposes to be able to have a sense of who your character was before the adventure begins in earnest?
As I said in the previous post, I used to like them. But not having everything in one walkthrough isn’t fun for me anymore. Of course in Cyberpunk 2077 case it’ll be different, I know myself.

Teslerum

I'm looking forward to it, but there are negatives depending on your preference.
For example it runs the risk of defining your charachter/his background too much.
In the end its a matter of opinion though.

And as Mista said, some people just prefer one playthrough, though this may be the wrong game in genreal then.

Last edited:

scalman

How about we wait for game and dont learn so many info before but figuring out that ourselfs? Sometimes i dont get devs logic?

Enjay

Banned
How about we wait for game and dont learn so many info before but figuring out that ourselfs? Sometimes i dont get devs logic?
Different reasons for different devs. Just look at squenix constantly giving out little bits of news on ff7 re edition. 10 years of silence on that game and now they're desperately throwing news items on the wall hoping one of them will be received positively so they can stop. Here though cdprojectred seems like they're trying to get some diversity points.

OtakuGuru

Neo Member

This isn't devs logic but PR.

Also why not to give a little bit about the game? It increases the appetite for the game. I'd wanted least it was already April of 2020.
But I can guarantee that they still have some stuff to figure out on our own. Plus another option is not to read nothing about the game and wait for the release, then play it and be happy :)

I just want to know how it handles and I may buy it, even if I usually regret buying open world games (God of War being an exception, since it doesn't feel like one, it's more like large levels hooked together with a hub).

Kadayi

Banned
Yeah, I heard about this idea of the 3 origins and different starting points. It sounds pretty cool, though I hope that choosing one over the other doesn't fuck you in terms of an overall approach in terms of play style. For instance, I'm kind of intrigued by the idea of a non-lethal play-through, but I don't want to find that that's only really an option for Corpos for instance.

God I’m so excited for this game. I felt this way about Deus Ex Human Revolution back before it came out. But I realise my expectations were probably too high for the tech of the time. I have moved those previous expectations onto this game and I really love cdpr and think they can pull it off but it will be so difficult.

For me, the thing that broke the deus ex remakes was the linear nature of the multiple choices. I don’t know how to describe this probably because it’s just going to sound stupid. But they gave us all these paths to choose yet we had to think of the way the developer wanted us to do things and figure out the ideas they had, yet when you have another idea to do something and it’s not incorporated by the devs the engine hadn’t been created to allow for these differences. For example I wanna break a bottle on a table to get a guards attention and I can’t do it. I wanna break down a wall with c4 and go in behind them. I wanna climb walls and buildings from bottom to top so I can take some enemies from the outside rather than going through the whole inside of the building.

I just really hope that everything is fully interactive and I just don’t know if that’s even possible. I felt fully absorbed into RDR2s world and I feel like they really pulled off something incredible there, yet as amazing and incredible as that world was the game was insanely linear. Basically I loved the hunting, the collecting and the overworld but didn’t love the missions they were pretty boring to me (but I don’t like westerns much so that plays a big part in that regard).

CP2077 is based on choice and CDPR are pioneers in that branching choice based gameplay which makes me incredibly excited I just hope the engine and physics are as interactive and complex as the quest and path choices. If I can’t pick up every lose bottle, piece of paper, cardboard box or trash I find in the world I’m probably gonna be disappointed (not fully disappointed as in not love the game just disappointed that the tech hasn’t come far enough for me yet).

I am probably going to love it but I’m bound to be disappointed to some extent because I can’t talk to any random mod in the game and say the words that I wanna say not what the devs choose for me. My expectations are probably too high and it will probably take 10 or 20 years for the AI based path creation gets complex enough for what I want from a game.

This is what I get for listening to all these LITRPG audiobooks I want my experiences to be like those fictional VR worlds. I am just hoping that this game is going to be a huge step in the direction I want and the gameplay will allow me to be free to experiment with missions in many different ways using my own ideas that the devs may not have planned for. So far the only game that has truly come close to what I want in this regard is BOTW but the game is limited by its relatively non complex nature. CP2077 is ridiculously complex in a city with technology and it will be so much more difficult to pull off but I feel like they’ve always come through in the past I hope it will be the same this time as well.

Top Bottom