• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Will Have Unique and Varied Districts That Will Blend Into One Consistent City.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://gamingbolt.com/cyberpunk-20...icts-that-will-blend-into-one-consistent-city

As such, when recently we sent across some of our questions about the upcoming RPG to level designer Miles Tost, one of the things we ended up asking him about was Night City itself.

Tost told us that each district of Night City is being “designed to be unique in many ways”, from their culture to their architecture to everything else in between, but that in spite of that, CDPR is making sure that it all “blends nicely into one consistent and believable city environment”. He then went on to mention that even in terms of tone and atmosphere, there’s going to be plenty of variation, giving an example of the district called Pacifica, Night City’s prime tourist resort.

“Night City’s six districts are designed to be unique in many ways — their architecture, culture, atmosphere, people living there and the problems they are facing,” Tost told GamingBolt. “We’re making sure that all of these districts blend nicely into one consistent and believable city environment.”

“Not all parts of the city are covered in darkness by shadows thrown from skyscrapers,” he continued. “Take for example Pacifica, which was a district planned to be Night City’s prime tourist resort. When the funding died, so did this dream, leaving many started construction projects unfinished and ultimately taken over by gangs as their hideouts. Each district has its own history which you will be able to uncover. It is really important to us to allow for this variety whilst also keeping it grounded within the lore of our world.”

Kadayi

Banned
Good to know. I'm hoping that perhaps we might get blessed at the game awards with some new footage.

Cosmogony

Good to know. I'm hoping that perhaps we might get blessed at the game awards with some new footage.

I seem to remember someone in her official capacity ruled out that possibility on the official Discord.

I really want variety, not least because what was shown suffered from dreadful art direction that put me in Fallout 4 mood. Faces, walking animations and buildings, all of which CDPR used to excel at, looked cacophonic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kadayi

Banned
I seem to remember somente in her official capacity ruled out that possibility on the official Discord.

I really want variety, not least because what was show suffered from dreadful art direction that put me in Fallout 4 mood. Faces, walking animations and buildings, all of which CDPR used to excel at, looked cacophonic.

In terms of sheer scope and scale, they're going for a lot here so I'm not expecting it to look like the mutts in all areas myself. Personally, I'd rather the punk side of things was more in the attitude and less in the overt mohawks though because at this juncture it's probably one of the most overused haircuts in gaming and frankly looks lame as shit most of the time. It's the proverbial trenchcoat of haircuts. Everyone thinks they look cool in one, but very few do.

Great news depending on how they execute it. I'm in for both immersion and landscape design, Deus Ex didn't somewhat good, Mirror's Edge is of course the greatest example (even though mostly exteriors and empty offices spaces).

I also remember having read an important detail about Night City, which is that unlike The Witcher 3 which was a vast but mostly flat land, the city was build to include lots of verticality (which means interiors).

Last edited:
Top Bottom