Cyberpunk 2077 will not be an Epic Store exclusive

Oct 24, 2017
In case you've been concern that Epic Games could snatch the upcoming RPG Cyberpunk 2077 and make it an Epic Store exclusive, fear not, as the official confirmation states that CDPR will pass on that offer if it ever reaches them.

With the latest controversy surrounding AAA games and the developers who ditch Steam for Epic Store still taking the spotlight, many would wonder what it means for other highly anticipated titles such as CD Projekt Red's Cyberpunk 2077.

The RPG-shooter is surely one of the most, if not the most awaited game ever since CD Projekt Red officially revealed the first trailer on Xbox's E3 booth in June 2018. Coming from such a beloved development team that is known for their attention to detail and first-class side quests, Cyberpunk 2077 would certainly be of interest to every video game distributor including Epic Store.

According to the Cyberpunk 2077 Twitter, If Epic Games ever try to convince CD Projekt Red to release their upcoming creation exclusively on Epic Store, the Polish developers will swiftly reject the offer.

When asked by one fan to keep Cyberpunk 2077 away from Epic Store exclusivity, the official account replied by saying that they were going to “pass on” the offer. Like that wasn't already obvious.
https://www.altchar.com/games-news/587999/cyberpunk-2077-wont-be-epic-store-exclusive

Yeah not really surprising but a nice statement none or less^^

Dec 6, 2013
  • Fbh

Fbh

I mean, the day not even CDPR wants to release their own games on GOG they might as well go and close it.
Thankfully it's not the case and the fact Cyberpunk is the only high profile release I can count on being on GOG makes me even more hyped for it

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2014
LMAO

did people really think it MIGHT be? if CDPR chose to make it exclusive it would have been a GOG exclusive which is where I'll be buying it because it won't have any DRM and more money will go to CDPR.

CDPR have already said it won't even be a GOG exclusive and it will come to Steam. It might be sold on the Epic Store alongside GOG + Steam but it sure as shit won't be exclusive.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017
LMAO

did people really think it MIGHT be? if CDPR chose to make it exclusive it would have been a GOG exclusive which is where I'll be buying it because it won't have any DRM and more money will go to CDPR.

CDPR have already said it won't even be a GOG exclusive and it will come to Steam. It might be sold on the Epic Store alongside GOG + Steam but it sure as shit won't be exclusive.
I personally think the satement is important to make that this game will not be an exclusive anywhere. Be it Epic or GOG. CDRED has always been very consumer friendly even if they have their own store etc. They are still the best developer on steam in this regard^^

Last edited:

Kadayi

Probable Replicant
Oct 10, 2012
theconclave.net
No surprise. The day one hype on the game is substantial. So it makes sense to try and get it on as many platforms as possible. It's important to note that they aren't saying it might not be on there, just that they aren't interested in any form of exclusivity deal.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2014
Belgium
It's going to be GOG exclusive....syke!
No. They dont want that because they know a lot of people want to buy it on Steam... If they make it exclusif to GOG, they gonna be loose a lot of sales... The witcher 3 is a perfect exemple how Steam is important for them... (5-10 Millions of copy sold on Steam...)

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2014
No. They dont want that because they know a lot of people want to buy it on Steam... If they make it exclusif to GOG, they gonna be loose a lot of sales... The witcher 3 is a perfect exemple how Steam is important for them... (5-10 Millions of copy sold on Steam...)
I agree with you completely.

Cyberpunk 2077 hype is unreal and they could easily have made it a GOG exclusive to try get more people buying games from the store. Look at Activision, EA, Bethesda, Epic who are taking games away from Steam to push people into their own stores/clients. But CDPR aren't doing that. I think they realise that making it exclusive would ultimately hurt the sales and ruin their reputation. CDPR are seen as the good guys in the gaming industry (but let's not forget they are a business here to make money) and if they started pulling bullshit like this it would hurt them a lot.

2077 I think will be released on as many stores as possible for PC. GOG, Steam, Epic, Origin is my guess. I think they just want as many people to play as possible! When Witcher 3 launched they even had developers on pirate sites helping people get it running!

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2013
Utah
Was anybody thinking it would be? The developer has its own distribution platform (GOG) whose royalty is zero over zero. Unless Epic was simply delivering them a pallet of Benjamins, in what universe would they go exclusive on a competitor’s platform?

Jun 8, 2009
Cagliari, Italy
  • Fuz

Fuz

They don't have the leverage yet.

If CP2077 will be as great as it seems, I think it's possible that their next major game will be an exclusive to GOG.

Sep 6, 2015
They want to sell as many copies as possible, considering the hype around the game, it makes no financial sense for them to do so.

I doubt Epic could offer them enough to compensate for the potential losses. Good to hear none-the-less.