• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk Patch 1.1 out

JORMBO

Darkness no more

Patch 1.1 for Cyberpunk 2077 is now available on PC, consoles and Stadia!

In this update we focused on various stability improvements, which you can find outlined in the patch notes below. We will continue this work in patch 1.2 and other upcoming updates. At the same time we will keep fixing the bugs you encounter and listening to your feedback on how to improve the overall game experience.

Stability
Various stability improvements including:
  • Memory usage improvements in various systems within the game: characters, interactions, navigation, in-game videos (news, tv, etc.), foliage, laser effects, minimap, devices, AI, street traffic, environmental damage system, GPU-related, and more.
  • Various crash fixes (related to, among others, loading saves, game opening/closing and Point of No Return).
Quests/Open World
  • Fixed an issue where calls from Delamain would end immediately and seem like they cannot be picked up in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed an issue where players would not receive calls from Delamain when approaching relevant vehicles in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed an issue where the objective could get stuck on "Answer the call from Mr. Hands" in M'ap Tann Pèlen.
  • Fixed an issue where Judy could teleport underground in Pyramid Song.
  • Fixed an issue where it would be impossible to talk to Zen Master inPoem of The Atoms.
  • Fixed an issue where Takemura wouldn't call in Down on the Street.
  • Fixed an issue where Jackie could disappear in The Pickup.
  • Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to get out of the car in The Beast in Me: The Big Race.
  • Fixed an issue where players could stop receiving calls and messages after moving too far away from A Day In The Life area.
  • Fixed an issue where opening the package wouldn't update Space Oddity.
  • Retro-fixed the saves affected by a rare issue where speaking to Judy inAutomatic Love would be impossible due to an invisible wall. The underlying issue is under investigation.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from collecting the reward in Gig: Freedom of the Press. The quest will auto-complete for those who could not collect the reward previously, and the reward will be provided automatically.
  • Fixed an issue where Delamain would remain silent throughout Epistrophy if the player initially refused to help him.
UI
  • Fixed an issue where prompt for exiting braindance could be missing.
  • Removed an invalid item from loot.
Visual
  • Fixed an issue where a grenade's trajectory could be displayed in photo mode.
  • Fixed particles' hue appearing pink when viewed close up.
  • Fixed cars spawning incorrectly in Reported Crime: Welcome to Night City.
Achievements
  • Fixed an issue where completing one of theassaults in progress in Santo Domingo would sometimes not contribute towards progression for The Jungle achievement, preventing its completion.
Miscellaneous
  • Addressed the issue responsible for saves getting oversized (related to the modifier indicating if the item is crafted), and trimmed the excess size from already existing saves (note: this won’t fix PC save files corrupted before 1.06 update).
  • Fixed an issue where input could stop registering upon opening the weapon wheel and performing an action.
  • Fixed an issue where the "Continue" button in the Main Menu could load an end game save.
PlayStation-specific
  • Performance optimization of crowds on PlayStation 4 Pro and PlayStation 5.
  • Various crash fixes on PlayStation 4.
Xbox-specific
  • Improved memory usage for character creation, mirrors, scanning, camera remote control, menus (inventory, map) on Xbox One, Xbox One X and Xbox One S.
PC-specific
  • It will now be possible to obtain achievements while in Steam offline mode. Note: Offline mode needs to be enabled before starting the game. This change does not work retroactively.
  • Addressed the game startup crashes related to loading cache on NVIDIA graphics cards.
Stadia-specific
  • Concert audio should no longer be inaudible in Never Fade Away.
  • Fixed corrupted textures on several melee weapons.
  • Tweaked default deadzone settings to be more responsive. Note: the change will not affect settings unless they’re set to default.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Just curious, if you include this Patch 1.1, how many patches so far since it launched 6 weeks ago? Include that day one patch which early leakers missed out on.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
BahMrqMCcAAocSs.jpg

Hugare

Ohhh, maybe some improvements in crowd density? One can only hope

Was refreshing.Gaf all day waiting for this patch

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The fix list seems kind of small to me. I was expecting more to be honest. It doesn't seem to list any of the issues I was having. Oh well. I am done playing it for quite a while, if ever again.
Comes down to a handful of their bullet points were were more blanket issues. So the fix might actually lead to giant improvements.

Such as the first point about memory fixes improving all that stuff and the PS and Xbox specific fixes which could lead to a lot too.

Erm, that was a lot less than I was hoping for. Guess it's somewhat understandable, what with all the different platforms that need patching/testing, recent holidays, etc.

The patch to laid the ground for the patch.
Reading it looks more a bug fix list done at QA time than in production.

Agreed makes me wonder just how far away the truly meaningful changes will be. This is all just underlying bug errors and nothing to do with the overall problems.

Patrick S.

Banned
Every 20 minutes? Dang, you got it worse than me, i'm usually out of luck after 2 hours of gameplay.
Yeah, crashing so often is bullshit... On my PC, it hasn't crashed once in 57 hours, luckily. The one time I thought the game crashed was when I fell through the map geometry, but I could just press quick load and continue playing.

MadYarpen

I kinda hoped they would fix T posing and car spawning under / inside other cars. I know it is not critical but very annoying.

Hugare

Dont know why people are underwhelmed

What did you guys expect besides crash fixed and some quest related fixes?

That should be the priority right now, so Sony can put the game back at the Store ASAP.

I was playing the game while feeling anxiety, 'cause it could crash at any moment (and it did, at least 10 times)

If it really solves the crashes, now they can focus on QoL improvements, AI and etc.

I'm happy with the (supposedly) crowd boost on PS4 Pro/PS5 and memory optimizations for now

One thing at a time, people

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
The patch to laid the ground for the patch.
Reading it looks more a bug fix list done at QA time than in production.
Common theme in IT industry when you don't want to do more work than you have to, simply write something like this and whatever

jm89

I really hope they havent reduced npcs. Considering they only mention the PS4 pro and PS5 in regards to the performance improvement for crowds I'm hoping it's an actual increase to npcs.

Patrick S.

Banned
Patch installed, and I could play a couple hours before going to bed since I don't need to get up early on weekends, but damn I'm so tiredddddddd

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The fix list seems kind of small to me. I was expecting more to be honest. It doesn't seem to list any of the issues I was having. Oh well. I am done playing it for quite a while, if ever again.

Definitely seems like more of a 1.07 than a jump to 1.1, but it's all good.

Dries

I wonder if the “Memory usage improvements” affect the streaming issues where cars/characters first appear as blobs?

Dries

Thank god they fixed the grenade trajectory bug in photo mode, I’m sure that bug was on the top of everyone’s list :rolleyes:

They didn’t even “fix” the mini-map and all they have to do is change two values in a config file.

This baffles me as well. Don’t devs ever have a glance at Nexus or something?

HF2014

Hope to find a review of performance if Xbox One S is better. Could play it on it or regular PS4, just want something that could give a steady 25-30 fps.

Futurematic

It is actually very interesting to see how AAA games are finished. Usually we don’t see it for sensible reasons, imagine RDR 2 released a year early.

For those wondering these are low hanging fruit bugs, any deeper work is not going to be accomplished in a month. Easy + urgency is this patch, the next one might be slightly more in depth.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Didn't see anything about actually fixing in game systems, physics, and model interactions...mostly just specific bugs.
Hopefully next time but I greatly doubt it. Everything's too baked and getting these systems working will probably be outside the scope of ANYTHING they're planning to do, at least for this game.

Ah I was hoping for a miracle patch, like a substantial optimization effort. Fingers crossed that we will see something in February maybe?

I really want to finish this game, but it's hard not to feel deflated about it after all the news and issues with it.

noise36

Happy about quest fixes, had 4-5 game breaking bugs during my first play through on PC.

Apart form that not much has been done, might need to wait 12 months to play this game how it was intended I think.

Last edited:

Saiyan-Rox

I haven't played since launch but was hoping this patch would at least fix that mini map...

Did they ever fix that scene where Jackie walks through the lift doors?

Top Bottom