• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk Patch 1.1 out

according to this video the base PS4 can now keep the 30fps quite stable, even in the worst case street from the PS4 DF video.
Not perfect (pop in, at least 2 times the game halted for a second, dithering), but 30fps on the base PS4 is a huge improvement anyway :messenger_grinning:

Others should report if it got more stable now. I hope the memory optimizations mentioned in the patch log fixes memory leaks, which might behind a lot of the crashes we saw in the past.

Looks like the Thanos snap affected Night City too

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Oh wow, they've managed to create a new and somewhat consistent bug, the HUD overlay for an item you're about to pick up remains in place (hiding quest marker), until you look at a new item. It doesn't happen all the time, but based on less than an hour of play, it's not uncommon.
Yeah that’s always been there. One of the worst bugs to me.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
T424hZo.jpg

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Yeah that’s always been there. One of the worst bugs to me.
In my experience, in any medium sized software project of moderate complexity (let alone something like CyberPunk 2077) getting bugs out after the project has been put together and shipped is extremely hard even if the codebase is very well organised, full of unit and integration tests, and easy to work with and debug (hastily written or even very high performance code can easily be neither).
The amount of work required to remove a bug without causing regressions, let alone revamp a component, is much more than one would think and good luck getting management to approve such massive refactoring.

Mega_Deth

Looking at the bullet points the fixes seem relatively minor compared to the big glitches in the game but hey, it's a start. I won't even consider buying/playing the game until next year given how barren/disappointing/empty it seems. I really feel for the actual developers that worked on the game who were blind sighted by the 2020 release date imposed on them by upper management.

bargeparty

Same thing happened with Witcher 3, right? Every patch they released seemed to break other things. I know games are complicated but it doesn't seem like CDPR is learning anything, they just repeat the same mistakes.

Correct me if wrong.

nowhat

Same thing happened with Witcher 3, right? Every patch they released seemed to break other things.
The "HDR" patch on PS4 was glorious. So, there is "HDR" (which really isn't, and sucks balls really), but at the same time, the pop-in went to ridiculous levels. Like, you would have vegetation and people popping into existence like a few meters before you. It was ridiculous and completely meme-worthy.

...and as per numerous references, CDPR went into this with "we made W3, of course we can make this work". Which they kinda did, in a W3 kind of way.

Magik85

Havent experienced any downgrade in graphics. And he doesnt show any examples, just a post from some random dude.
Same here. If anything, quality mode now has more busy streets than before.
However they did introduced bug with freezed call from Tekemura which dont let me pregress further :-(

nowhat

Ok, so this bug is genuinely probably new. I'm no longer able to jack into terminals to get some cash and quickhack components. When I press square, it just immediately both jacks in and out. There are prompts for both, but the game decides that I want to do both of them, despite just pressing square ever so briefly. So... good going CDPR?

rolandss

My immediate experience with the new patch was a glitch in character creation where it continually scrolled down to the next operation preventing me from choosing any customisations. Worked fine after a hard reset though. I’m on PS4 Pro.

SJRB

Gold Member
Ok, so this bug is genuinely probably new. I'm no longer able to jack into terminals to get some cash and quickhack components. When I press square, it just immediately both jacks in and out. There are prompts for both, but the game decides that I want to do both of them, despite just pressing square ever so briefly. So... good going CDPR?
I've had this bug on prior versions too, unfortunately.

nowhat

I've had this bug on prior versions too, unfortunately.
That's funny. In a "funny but sad" kinda way, it seems I'm encountering bugs that have been prevalent before. In addition to all the bugs I've had before. But hey, at least the frame rate is slightly better.

SJRB

Gold Member
That's funny. In a "funny but sad" kinda way, it seems I'm encountering bugs that have been prevalent before. In addition to all the bugs I've had before. But hey, at least the frame rate is slightly better.
I feel bad for the devs in the trenches at CDPR.

Patching a game of this magnitude must be a herculean task; plugging one hole creates two new ones. That bug fix list has to be in the millions right now.

sircaw

Banned
Do you think they'll ever be able to get at least halfway to the deep RPG a lot of people were imagining back when the game was announced? Witcher 3 got a ton of support after release, so I'm hoping they really try and meet expectations with this game eventually.

I think the game will eventually be completely patched and will shine the way it was meant too. Like you said the witcher 3 received so much support in patches over the year, this will be the same.

It will take some time but I think eventually this will be a fantastic game. My only hope is that game companies stop wasting time on trying to support the old consoles, the likes of ps4 and xbox consoles imo have had their day.

From now on, please on release games only on modern hardware.

Woggleman

So the Adam Smasher thing is a mod instead of an actual bug? This game has flaws that should be called out but I admit some people are being disingenuous about things.

I'm giving this a good 3 or 4 more months before I even consider purchasing it. I figure by the time the next-gen upgrade is ready, it'll have had a good 10 patches.

It has no business releasing in 2020 and they could've been in far less hot water by just pushing it back to Spring 2021 or even Summer 2021. It really needed that much time considering how many patches they've done and have forthcoming.

prag16

Banned
Great patch for me so far.

My potato box (2550k@4.2, GTX970oc) has seen noticeable gains in average FPS, with the worst dips while driving blunted.

Majukun

now i'm scared aboiy continuing the main story from the takamura side because of the bug that gets you stuck on the conversation

any way to avoid it?

Kadayi

Banned
So the Adam Smasher thing is a mod instead of an actual bug? This game has flaws that should be called out but I admit some people are being disingenuous about things.

Certain people here seemingly possess a pathological need to shit on the game, even though they barely touched it by their own admission. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
disappointing. i got it on PC and honestly the bugs aren't the issue. it's that the game feels rushed, half assed, and unfinished.

i'm gonna need to see what they do in terms of QoL changes, new features, and content.
Yeah, I'll probably wait until I upgrade my PC before I come back to this one, which could be a while given the scarcity of cards. Hopefully they'll have fixed the bugs and added some decent content by then.

Vaelka

I'm giving this a good 3 or 4 more months before I even consider purchasing it. I figure by the time the next-gen upgrade is ready, it'll have had a good 10 patches.

It has no business releasing in 2020 and they could've been in far less hot water by just pushing it back to Spring 2021 or even Summer 2021. It really needed that much time considering how many patches they've done and have forthcoming.

The game felt okay for me with a 1070 ti but as soon as I entered combat it felt terrible, dunno if it has been improved now but the FPS really feels like it goes down to 30 sometimes lower.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Booted it up again. Cant say it plays much differently on Series X. At first I liked quality mode but I feel the framerate is worse. Doesnt help Ive been playing a lot of games with 60fps recently. Encountered 1 tposer and some npcs dissappearing. Dead enemy stuck in a wall, nothing big. But man, just coming from finishing Witcher 3 again this game doesnt interest me one bit. V seems like a douche, the story is whatever and the looting, inventory is a total slog. I dont feel like its worth playing at all.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
I think the game will eventually be completely patched and will shine the way it was meant too. Like you said the witcher 3 received so much support in patches over the year, this will be the same.

It will take some time but I think eventually this will be a fantastic game. My only hope is that game companies stop wasting time on trying to support the old consoles, the likes of ps4 and xbox consoles imo have had their day.

From now on, please on release games only on modern hardware.
It’s not going to happen. They promised too much and to be able to deliver they will need to reengineer entire game at this point.

Dont know why people are underwhelmed

What did you guys expect besides crash fixed and some quest related fixes?

That should be the priority right now, so Sony can put the game back at the Store ASAP.

I was playing the game while feeling anxiety, 'cause it could crash at any moment (and it did, at least 10 times)

If it really solves the crashes, now they can focus on QoL improvements, AI and etc.

I'm happy with the (supposedly) crowd boost on PS4 Pro/PS5 and memory optimizations for now

One thing at a time, people
They have been telling us there were going to be two big patches, this being one of them. It's a letdown that the fixes list is a lot shorter than the ones of the hot fixes, doesn't make sense really. Wasn't this supposed to be a really big update?

Hawk269

I was expecting a little more with this patch...considering they kept calling a "big patch" with another "big patch in February". I am playing on Series X and in Performance mode but at times i switch to Quality due to the higher NPC's and AI cars and at times it looks a bit cleaner...but then I miss the smoother framerate of performance mode. I think I might hold of playing some more until after the Feb. patch.

TeamGizzyy

Banned
Anecdotal for me,but new patch made one x run worse. Lots of slow down. Still runs great on my sx

Last edited:

Mahavastu

They have been telling us there were going to be two big patches, this being one of them. It's a letdown that the fixes list is a lot shorter than the ones of the hot fixes, doesn't make sense really. Wasn't this supposed to be a really big update?
Because of Christmas they had about 2 working weeks since the last patch.
There is just so much one can do in that time, and if one read between the line they did a lot bugfixing in the memory usage department.

Does it still crash as much on base consoles?

Because of Christmas they had about 2 working weeks since the last patch.
There is just so much one can do in that time, and if one read between the line they did a lot bugfixing in the memory usage department.

Does it still crash as much on base consoles?
Can't tell since sony won't let me buy it. But the disappoinment is obvious, they've been hyping this update as a really "big" update, we expected a huge list of fixes, AI, menus, police spawn, etc and at the end we got less than previous updates.

nbcjr

In literally the first reply to this tweet he admits this to be a mod, but why bother posting that when you can be

Karen GIF by moodman

Also how nice of you for posting the tweet that spoils the name of the last boss outside of spoiler thread. Good work there champ.
I agree, spoiling the final boss name is ******

Mahavastu

Can't tell since sony won't let me buy it. But the disappoinment is obvious, they've been hyping this update as a really "big" update, we expected a huge list of fixes, AI, menus, police spawn, etc and at the end we got less than previous updates.
Same here, I also know the game mostly from youtube :messenger_neutral:
Anyway, if I would be CDPR, the very high priority things would be "fixing the game breaking bugs", "fix crashes" and "get the game into a playable state on last gen base consoles", with the last point being probably the most challenging one, especially on OG XBox One.
The stuff you mention is something I would only do once the things I mentioned are done. They need to reach a certain level on base console before Sony will let them back in the store, and not being in the Sony store probably really hurts...

Top Bottom