• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk Patch 1.1 out

CDPR: "Big update."

Animated GIF

Already deleted the game from my pro to make room for Hitman 3!

But I already Platinuned it. So won't install again till I get a PS5.

Zoro7

Banned
I’m actually surprised people are still playing this on console given how awful the overall experience is. I just don’t understand why you would force yourself to play 40+ hours of an unfinished and bug ridden game.

Last edited:
I’m actually surprised people are still playing this on console given how awful the overall experience is. I just don’t understand why you would force yourself to play 40+ hours of an unfinished and bug ridden game.
I played it on my series x in quality mode and the only bug I came across was NPC audio disappearing. It only happened once and a quick save, exit to menu, and reload fixed it. I did use the boxes and Y glitch when selling things though to make sure I always had around half a million eddies on hand.

Data Ghost

Installed patch, launched game, started playing, crashed my entire Series X and knocked it off whilst I was driving down a road. It’s never done that since the launch of the game :/

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Played it for 40 hours on Series X, the only bug I noticed was when at the beginning the training shard disappeared in Jackie's hand. Reload fixed it. Other than that nothing except a few freezes (fixed by reload) that I think were fixed in 1.05 or 1.06.

Played it for 40 hours on Series X, the only bug I noticed was when at the beginning the training shard disappeared in Jackie's hand. Reload fixed it. Other than that nothing except a few freezes (fixed by reload) that I think were fixed in 1.05 or 1.06.
I played only 3 hours and just couldn't be bothered with the bugs and performance issues, One X for me though. This was back in December mind.

I've put 160 hours into it on XSX Quality mode.

None of the largest issues I have observed are addressed in the patch notes. I could make a list of 5 or 6 progression stopping bugs right off the top of my head. These are issues that require you to load old saves as progression is halted due to game mechanic issues such as doors failing to open, dialog response not triggering, object interactions not working etc. Then we have a huge number of issues that you can live with but are obtrusive and marr the overall experience. I can list a few of the more common ones I have experienced such as characters mouths not moving when they talk, my character constantly appearing bald, people vanishing/appearing when you turn, your vehicle falling through the map, dialog subtitles stuck on screen, menu weapon hover not showing gun stats (basically completely not working for me), items being removed from my inventory, objects randomly hovering in place etc. In fact, I could list 10 - 20 more of these if I could be bothered to list them all. Overall I enjoyed the game but this has been without a doubt the buggiest game I have ever played and I have been gaming for 25 years.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Ill try the game again this fall when the actual next gen skews are out. Cool game, rad enviroments, good boob variety lol, i love alot about the game, but i dont want to burn out on it before i can experience it the way it was meant to be experienced on new systems.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Interesting. If You use your series x save on other consoles... it transfers the graphics settings lol so these run slower.
I wonder if ps4 to ps5 bc does similar... I transferred all my ps4 games saves to ps5 on usb stick

Hostile_18

Banned
I've played about 2 hours into it. For those that have beaten the game and enjoyed it in hindsight is it worth waiting for the next gen patch or playing and enjoying now?

I'm excited to play the game but also got some other games I really want to play so waiting wouldn't be too bad.

Kadayi

Banned
I've played about 2 hours into it. For those that have beaten the game and enjoyed it in hindsight is it worth waiting for the next gen patch or playing and enjoying now?

I'm excited to play the game but also got some other games I really want to play so waiting wouldn't be too bad.

400 hours logged. I'd say maybe wait until the 1.2 patch is released later in February. I've had a good time playing, but I'm fairly tolerant of bugs. 1.2 should address a lot of issues and I'd also expect to see some improvements introduced as well.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
400 hours logged. I'd say maybe wait until the 1.2 patch is released later in February. I've had a good time playing, but I'm fairly tolerant of bugs. 1.2 should address a lot of issues and I'd also expect to see some improvements introduced as well.

Brilliant, thank you. Will do 😁

waquzy

Such as?

prag16

Banned
Here's the problem with "rushing through" .....if you're going in blind you have NO IDEA you're actually rushing through the game. The ratio to side quests versus main story is so ridiculous that's why it's comical to see the "Please go visit Hanako" because you can reach that point so fast just playing the game as it is presented to you

All of the optional quests being routed through your phone where you can answer it every 10 seconds and get a new mission doesn't create any sense of importance which is why it's virtually impossible to reach an end to the game where you don't got tons of missions left and you're staring at that "Go meet Hanako"

I made this mistake though putting plenty of time into side quests, I did a check for myself to see how far along I was in the story, to my shock I was literally already to the final quest with SO MUCH the game just left sitting there unnoticed and treated without any importance yet clearly IS IMPORTANT to the games ending which makes it all the more stupid it's optional and not mandatory

Cyberpunk would've been a game of the decade if they had put it on rails versus letting you do whatever you want. There's not enough guiding in the game for you to experience everything they intended you to do and that is the ultimate failure of CDPR that will always permeate in the game
While this may be my favorite game of the last 10 years despite its flaws, this is a notable one. I too was "rushing" my first playthrough without realizing it. If I hadn't peeked at a walk through to check my relative progress I would have missed the entire River storyline and most of the Panam storyline. Glad I averted that crisis.

Kadayi

Banned
WTF have you been doing?

There isn't anywhere close to 400hrs worth of story & side missions content.

..unless of course you're playing on an Xbox One at 15fps....in which case, I can see why it might take a little bit longer to finish :messenger_beaming:

I like to noodle. Try out different builds, different ways of tackling missions. Seeing how different choices impact the game/missions and just generally exploring. There's a surprising amount to dig into. Still YMMV.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
I like to noodle. Try out different builds, different ways of tackling missions. Seeing how different choices impact the game/missions and just generally exploring. There's a surprising amount to dig into. Still YMMV.
I spent countless hours just enjoying the atmosphere of the city and badlands looking for treasures and trouble to get into.

So many hidden Silverhand conversations found this way and it blew my mind.

prag16

Banned
A 970 with a decent enough CPU from that gen runs Cyberpunk better than a PS4.
This is probably the first game I've played where overclocking from 3.4 to 4.2 yielded meaningful gains. It's also the first game I've played where the lack of HT on the 2550k seems to really hurt.

Looked at getting a used 3770k but at that point of rather just do the whole mobo/RAM/CPU trifecta. No video card update yet though... I'm not overpaying. Maybe when I can find a 3060ti at MSRP

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
WTF have you been doing?

There isn't anywhere close to 400hrs worth of story & side missions content.

..unless of course you're playing on an Xbox One at 15fps....in which case, I can see why it might take a little bit longer to finish :messenger_beaming:
it's an open world rpg and you can go at your own pace. you could rush through it in 20 hours or it can take you 200, 400, 500, 1000 hours. not just cyberpunk but any open world RPG.

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned

Depends on platform. It’s pretty solid on XSX. I had only 2 crashes in 64+ hours and maybe 5 other times I had to reload a save due to something glitching out. That didn’t bother me much and I had a blast with the game. However, a friend, and some people I’ve seen on other forums, had over 50 crashes on PS5.

So if you’re on XSX or a good PC, I’d say you’re good to play now if you don’t mind some bugs and an occasional crash. If on PlayStation 5 it’s probably worth waiting for the February update to see if that cuts down on the crashes. I wouldn’t bother on a last gen console at this point. Those versions will always look rough even if they get the crashing sorted.

Other factor is how much you care about waiting for the next gen upgrade later this year if you plan to play on XSX or PS5. I initially thought I’d do a replay once that was about. Now I doubt I will as it’s just not a game I want to replay and especially since it seems like the starting life origin doesn’t make much different, nor do most choices in quest outcomes etc. from the little I messed around. Also not really interested in a different build skill tree wise as I don’t like stealth and didn’t like the hacking.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
Depends on platform. It’s pretty solid on XSX. I had only 2 crashes in 64+ hours and maybe 5 other times I had to reload a save due to something glitching out. That didn’t bother me much and I had a blast with the game. However, a friend, and some people I’ve seen on other forums, had over 50 crashes on PS5.

So if you’re on XSX or a good PC, I’d say you’re good to play now if you don’t mind some bugs and an occasional crash. if on PlayStation 5 it’s probably worth waiting for the February update to see if that cuts down on the crashes. I wouldn’t bother on a last gen console at this point. Those versions will always look rough even if they get the crashing sorted.

Other factor is how much you care about waiting for the next gen upgrade later this year if you plan to play on XSX or PS5. I initially thought I’d do a replay once that was about. Now I doubt I will as it’s just not a game I want to replay and especially since it seems like the starting life origin doesn’t make much different, nor do most choices in quest outcomes etc. from the little I messed around. Also not really interested in a different build skill tree wise as I don’t like stealth and didn’t like the hacking.

Series X for me. I settled on quality 30fps with motion blur (looks awful without it).

It's a tough one because like you say the odd bugs don't bother me but on the flip side it may bit be an entire game I want to replay so soon when the next gen patch comes out.

MarlboroRed

I put the game down after roughly 35 hrs. Haven't completed the MQ yet, gonna hold off another half a year or so until they patched it up properly before diving back in for the rest.

Also, cheers for the heads up Virt McPolygon Virt McPolygon

SJRB

Gold Member
I spent countless hours just enjoying the atmosphere of the city and badlands looking for treasures and trouble to get into.

So many hidden Silverhand conversations found this way and it blew my mind.
I do this too. Can spend hours just driving around, enjoying the sights.

It's very therapeutic in a way, I suppose.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
This is probably the first game I've played where overclocking from 3.4 to 4.2 yielded meaningful gains. It's also the first game I've played where the lack of HT on the 2550k seems to really hurt.

Looked at getting a used 3770k but at that point of rather just do the whole mobo/RAM/CPU trifecta. No video card update yet though... I'm not overpaying. Maybe when I can find a 3060ti at MSRP
Give GeForce Now a try. It's free.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Huh. Didn't realize they had a free option. 1 hour session length meh. But worth at least checking it out. Will it pull in my GOG cloud saves?
It's worth checking out. I clocked in about 30 hours on GeForce Now free edition when I wasn't playing on my good PC.

I'm not sure about GOG cloud saves, but it worked just fine with Steam Cloud.

harmny

Banned
Can't tell since sony won't let me buy it. But the disappoinment is obvious, they've been hyping this update as a really "big" update, we expected a huge list of fixes, AI, menus, police spawn, etc and at the end we got less than previous updates.
Why did you expect that? This was obviously bugs and crashes nothing more

Hugare

Why did you expect that? This was obviously bugs and crashes nothing more
Even only for bugs and crashes, this was a disaster

The game still crashes, a lot. If you play the game for some time and then go to Little China, Afterlife or Downtown, it will crash.

Less than before, sure, but it's still far from a crash free experience. You'll still face more than 15 crashes during a whole playthrough (on consoles), which is unnaceptable.

And I'm still facing all the bugs that I were experiencing before, so if they fixed some of them, it really didnt change my experience at all. And it seems to be the case for a lot of people.

Mission "Happy Together" has been bugged for me since launch, no fix. Only sidequest left, which pisses me off.
"Improvements in memory management" that didnt translate to better performance or crash fixes
Itens descriptions being stuck on the screen sometimes, forcing you to see other item to "unstuck" it. Since launch, still no fix.
"Improvements with crowds on PS4 Pro or PS5", but no noticeable difference at all.

Had a bug that made me panic and think that my PS4 Pro was dying: dismembering an enemy will sometimes bug the "blood splash" making the texture go wild, like when an overclock goes wrong and your GPU goes crazy.
Made me test the videogame's temperature, test other games, but nope, just a bug.

The fucking initial video that plays before the main menu stutters like crazy on consoles. The fucking INITIAL VIDEO

Last edited:

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance

New Nxgamer video.

The PS5 now runs significantly better than XSX in various areas. This is in conjunction with some LOD increases in the XSX, however the resolution is now lower?

Last edited:
Top Bottom