• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk Patch 1.2 patch notes released || Out NOW ||

i'm definitely going to wait until we get more patches + all free DLC is out before coming back. performance wise the game ran just fine on my PC but the game desperately needed a lot of bug fixes, qol improvements, and some new gameplay additions.

Hugare

Holy smokes at them cutbacks on the Pro. Last gen version was a mistake.
On an SSD pop in is non existent, playing on Pro. And loading times are less than 10 seconds long.

I've asked Tom to test the game using SSD, but I doubtt hat he will see it.

Performsnce is worse (much worse I think), but graphics are awesome. Zero pop in.

Yesterday I tried to go to all the places with lots of geometry trying to crash the game: Japantown, Kabuki, City Center ...

And yeah, framerate got worse with time. The game still has SERIOUS memory leak problems.

Its not flushing memory on time, so the game tanks after a while. But at least I havent found a crash so far after patch 1.2.

Last edited:

Stuart360

On an SSD pop in is non existent, playing on Pro. And loading times are less than 10 seconds long.

Performsnce is worse (much worse I think), but graphics are awesome. Zero pop in.

Yesterday I tried to go to all the places with lots of geometry trying to crash the game: Japantown, Kabuki, City Center ...

And yeah, framerate got worse with time. The game still has SERIOUS memory leak problems.

Its not flushing memory in time, so the game tanks after a while. But at least I havent found a crash so far after patch 1.2.
Interesting info. I'd guess the reason why DF wont test a SSD on Pro is because there vids are refrences for what the average gamer will be using, i.e. just the standard Pro with the standard internal HD.

Its not flushing memory on time, so the game tanks after a while. But at least I havent found a crash so far after patch 1.2.
This is interesting as I noticed increased pop-in in the PC version post patch 1.2. Most visible when driving. I'm running the game on a nvme SSD with LOD setting on high.

mitchman

Gold Member
Not being able to see turnoffs until you're already passing them is not an inconvenience, it's an absurd oversight that consistently frustrates and impacts the flow of the game and its missions.

I would have absolutely prioritised this fix ahead of "an issue where dumping a body in the trunk started the vehicle's engine" or "a camera issue when exiting the car at the beginning of Last Caress".
That's not how bug fixing works. Developer A, having intimate knowledge about a certain area of the code and is fixing a number of issues in that area might also accidentally or on purpose fix that one. Developer B, having knowledge about other areas will fix other bugs in other areas. With the size of the code base we're talking about here, Developer A can't just jump into a different area of the code and expect to be efficient or fix issues without causing new issues.

Top Bottom