• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk Patch 1.2 patch notes released || Out NOW ||

Stuart360

Maybe for offering a refund to ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE that wanted to even if they had already finished the game and in the case of physical copies even allowing them to keep the game after the refund
Why do you keep defending what they did?. What they did was scummy, and something we would lambast the likes of EA if they did it (and even EA hasnt done similar).
Offering refunds to try and save their quickly collapsing reputation means nothing.

harmny

Banned
Why do you keep defending what they did?. What they did was scummy, and something we would lambast the likes of EA if they did it (and even EA hasnt done similar).
Offering refunds to try and save their quickly collapsing reputation means nothing.
It means a lot actually. You talk about EA? Compare that to EA refusing to refund people on anthem promising to fix the game and canceling development of that fix 2 years later.

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
Anthem was a working playable game. You dont give refunds because the game wasnt as good as hoped. Its a different situation to Cyberpunk, and you know it is.

The game was literally crashing ps4s. I don't mean the game was crashing. I mean it was crashing the entire console causing database corruption.
No refunds

Last edited:

Stuart360

The game was literally crashing ps4s. I don't mean the game was crashing. I mean it was crashing the entire console causing database corruption.
No refunds

On PS4 it was happening to SOME PS4 users, and was fixed with a patch a week later?.
Its not the same situation and you know it. Almost all games launch with problems these days, nowhere close to the problems with Cyberpunk though. And whats this got to do with CDPR being classless cunts anyway?.
They are NOT your buddy, as proven by their awful behaviour with Cyberclunk, so dont blindly defend them.

Stuart360

Anyway as for te patch. Just tried it on PC, i get about 5 frames extra, which is nice, but still not enough to get me to locked 60fps.
Its a start i'll give them that.

Saiyan-Rox

This is further than I've gotten in the game (I'm forcing myself to play)

The main issue I've seen repeatedly is items just floating in the air and not being on the ground.

Oh and a car floating in the air too...i shot at it and it rocketed off lmao

I also don't know what I should he upgrading either so far all the skills seem a bit...crap? I'm on act 2 and haven't found any other cyberdecks? I'm probably just not seeing them though.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Do you have tremendous respect for them not allowing own footage or not sending out console codes before release?

Or saying it runs "surprisingly well" on previous gen consoles? Where that was coming from?
Or “Plays Great” on next gen.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Even games like Just Cause 2 and The Saboteur had better AI pathfinding than 2077.

In fact, I'm struggling to think of a game with on par or worse pedestrian/vehicle AI, especially a tripple-A game.

Yeah that's my impression too (although I did enjoy my time with the game). The AI is flat out disgusting / disappointing and It constantly tries to forcefully pull you out of the experience. No room for amplifying it with imagination either. An amateurish implementation at best, expected so much more from CDP than this.

Anyway, the 1.2 patch is not enough for me to go back in , it has to be the next gen version and somewhere between a ~ 1.5 and 1.9 patch before I'm gonna bother.

...as if you're not a Cyberpunk shill?
803923.jpg

J-Roderton

Not sure exactly what they’ve done because I don’t feel like reading all of that, but it’s significantly better on base Xbox after starting a new save, for me at least. Haven’t ran into any cops yet but the first 45 min are a much better experience than before.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Was actually pretty excited to dive back in after downloading the patch. Went and drove through the city where I've previously complained about performance issues and it still drops to 40fps and sometimes lower so I immediately turned it off.

Maybe next patch!

P.S I have a rtx 3090 w/i79700k for those who will ask.

It amazes me how this game STILL fails a steady frame rate on PC.

It's such an odd thing to have played countless games at 60fps, or at worse, 40 fps, with graphics much better than CP2077 and just straight up hitting slideshow single frames in this game if you hit the city centre.

I'm honestly amazed how I learned to love the game despite its glaring flaws.

That lockdown and desperation for entertainment really did the lot of us in huh.

ZehDon

Gold Member
... Offering refunds to try and save their quickly collapsing reputation means nothing.
... offering full refunds no-questions asked to everyone means nothing? Good Lord, this is some "Quartering" levels of fucky. "Stay angry gamers! Never forgive, never forget!! Waman bad!!" They handed you back your money; what else did you want them to do?

In a standard consumer business transaction, refunds are the end of the line: that's literally the most a customer can ask for, and its the thing businesses will avoid at all costs because they really don't want to part with their money. CDPR opted to hand out refunds no questions asked like fucking candy. So, either way, you're done: if you accepted the refund, you've lost nothing, and you're good. If you didn't accept the refund, then you accepted the game in the state it was in, and you're still good. If that still wasn't good enough for you, then you were never going to be happy so you're not worth considering.

Opinions like this are why "gamers" are still laughed at and mocked.

Played a little with the new patch. Overall, I'm disappointed. Despite the long list of fixes, the most visible bugs are still in full force. In a 15 minute run I saw pedestrian clipping through objects, pedestrian clipping through another pedestrian, cars still crashing into Barriers outside the apartment building, pedestrians inexplicably crouching in their scared pose in random places. Pop in seems to be worse too for my eye. And the grainy SSR is still present. No material performance uplift in my 1660ti/Ryzen 3600 machine. Sigh. I stopped playing a couple of months ago when I got to the big parade mission, and wait for the patch. Guess I have to wait longer. Much longer.

Maddux4164

Played a little with the new patch. Overall, I'm disappointed. Despite the long list of fixes, the most visible bugs are still in full force. In a 15 minute run I saw pedestrian clipping through objects, pedestrian clipping through another pedestrian, cars still crashing into Barriers outside the apartment building, pedestrians inexplicably crouching in their scared pose in random places. Pop in seems to be worse too for my eye. And the grainy SSR is still present. No material performance uplift in my 1660ti/Ryzen 3600 machine. Sigh. I stopped playing a couple of months ago when I got to the big parade mission, and wait for the patch. Guess I have to wait longer. Much longer.
Yeah I’ve not downloaded it yet. Overall I’ve been lucky and had nothing insane or game breaking. Except that damn “mission bug” with the guy calling you or whatever. Found a work around.

But as far as “clipping” and things of that nature, afraid that won’t be going anywhere due to priories FAR beyond that. I’ve got a 1070, so nothing crazy either.

Overall game is (pre patch) stable and fun to play. Love the atmosphere. But kinda wish we’d have more “interactivity” with npc’s and mini games etc. I realize That’s also not on the docket anytime soon. Might be a year before we can expect things like that frankly. If ever.

njean777

I cannot install it on my ps5, have no idea what is going on. Cyberpunk is on an external but it won't install.

Fredrik

Was actually pretty excited to dive back in after downloading the patch. Went and drove through the city where I've previously complained about performance issues and it still drops to 40fps and sometimes lower so I immediately turned it off.

Maybe next patch!

P.S I have a rtx 3090 w/i79700k for those who will ask.
Why aren’t you just lowering some settings??

I’m running it at 60-80fps on a 3800x + 1080ti rig on Ultra preset (no RT of course). Looks amazing with gsync, smooth as butter. Already clocked in a couple of hours after the patch, plays great and zero weird bugs seen yet.

Nice to see GOTY 2020 finally fixed. After playing for 5 hours the only bug I encountered was the ai cars getting stuck on those white stripes on freeway. [fix that and it's done]

Now concentrate on a little story DLC for summer release and easily swoop all the awards of 2021. :messenger_ok:

sertopico

savage oh snap GIF

HOOOOOOOOLY SHIT! What happened to Marcin Iwiński? It's like he aged 900 years!! God damn the development of Cyberpunk was not only hard for the devs but it actually aged them to death.

Jesus tittyfucking Christ.
"We don't leave greed creases to others"

Fredrik

Now concentrate on a little story DLC for summer release and easily swoop all the awards of 2021. :messenger_ok:
Unfortunately it released in the blind spot of the year for that to happen. Released too late to be eligible for GOTY2020, released too early for people to realize it’s eligible for GOTY2021. Plus, too many plays it on console. And hype is mostly gone.

Brigandier

I started playing tonight seemed like a good time to finally try the game on PC after the super duper mega patch that just landed....

Ran really nice on near ultra settings with max RT settings on my rig thanks to DLSS with a few things turned down to high I was getting over 60fps at 1440p it looks unbelievable.

Ashame I got 3 crash to desktop and a fucking system lock up within 3 hours, Characters walking through walls and stuck inside objects....

The system lock up has made me drop the game, I refuse to play such a broken fucking mess, How on earth people played this without any patches at all astounds me.

I can't remember the last time I had a PC completely freeze on me like that.

Unfortunately it released in the blind spot of the year for that to happen. Released too late to be eligible for GOTY2020, released too early for people to realize it’s eligible for GOTY2021. Plus, too many plays it on console. And hype is mostly gone.
That's why a little story DLC is a must over summer or for very early autumn and it will rekindle the hype no doubt. [by then even last gen console versions will be fully patched i'd think]

I started playing tonight seemed like a good time to finally try the game on PC after the super duper mega patch that just landed....

Ran really nice on near ultra settings with max RT settings on my rig thanks to DLSS with a few things turned down to high I was getting over 60fps at 1440p it looks unbelievable.

Ashame I got 3 crash to desktop and a fucking system lock up within 3 hours, Characters walking through walls and stuck inside objects....

The system lock up has made me drop the game, I refuse to play such a broken fucking mess, How on earth people played this without any patches at all astounds me.

I can't remember the last time I had a PC completely freeze on me like that.
I'm afraid your system is clearly not stable. [could be bad oc or need some driver updates] I played for 5 hours straight yesterday with zero issues not even any slight freezes in game, let alone crash or system lock up.

Last edited:

Brigandier

I'm afraid your system is clearly not stable. [could be bad oc or need some driver updates] I played for 5 hours straight yesterday with zero issues not even any slight freezes in game, let alone crash or system lock up.

So because it was ok for you my system is unstable, bad oc, driver problem 😂

My pc runs perfectly fine on any other game I've tried, it's just Cyberpunk it's not in a good place yet.

sinnergy

So because it was ok for you my system is unstable, bad oc, driver problem 😂

My pc runs perfectly fine on any other game I've tried, it's just Cyberpunk it's not in a good place yet.
Cyber punk is very demanding.. back in the days I build a pc for the game that was the most demanding, until I understood that it was a never ending story and I switched for gaming to consoles for ever.

So yes it could be the case that some components are not up to snuff, your power supply , ram could give instability. It can even be settings related like a voltage setting or a ram speed setting. Can be different for every game.

Last edited:

Brigandier

Cyber punk is very demanding.. back in the days I build a pc for the game that was the most demanding, until I understood that it was a never ending story and I switched for gaming to consoles for ever.

So yes it could be the case that some components are not up to snuff, your power supply , ram could give instability.
x7x2jgG.jpg

SZXOVto.jpg

Ryzen 3700x
16gb DDR4 3600mhz CL16
Gigabyte Aorus master x570
Gigabyte Aorus 2080 Super WB
WD 1tb M.2 SSD
Superflower 850w PSU

If my rig isn't good enough to run this game then fuck me I guess I better stop building PCs.

There's nothing wrong with my computer the game is still not in a good place, congratulations to those who are not having issues but a lot including me still are.

ToadMan

No, you do that in GTA likes / sandbox games, not in all open worlds. For example you do not do that in Witcher 3, in Spider Man, in Mafia games, nor in recent Deus Ex (not exactly open world per se but this is the closest to Cyberpunk in terms of game design).

In cyberpunk you spend the majority of your time :
1) talking to other characters / experiencing the dialogue system
2) playing open-leveled missions in dedicated, specifically designed spaces (or arenas)

The open world is just a nice backdrop to make everything flow together, offer up some exploration & verticality in ways to tackle missions, deliver lore and immerse you in the world-builing, in the same fashion that The Witcher 3 did. It is what it is, I understand that one can be disappointed, but there is no point continuing bashing the wall with its bare hands and to keep going into the game expecting to play a nice rampage simulator. Not gonna happen, never, just like The Witcher 3 is a thousand miles away from the free flow game design of Skyrim, but it is OK because you do not expect to play Skyrim when playing W3. Same here, & people will have to come to terms with what type of game CP is trying to be, whether they like it or not. You want to play GTA, go play GTA.

Nah. In CP2077 the open world is central to game. That being broken makes the game broken.

ToadMan

I don't get why patches are so big considering it's just code. It's alot of fixes by all means.... But 40 gigs worth??

I'm no programmer.... So probably dumb question, does old code (that needed to be patched) get deleted/replaced in patches or does it lay dormant on the hard drive somewhere.

I saw a developer talking about this for a game that wasn’t CP2077. If I understood it (and remember it properly!) the patch system on consoles (and PC these days I guess) is done by blocks.

Make a (small) change to a block and the whole piece has to be repackaged and sent for download.

Make a small code change to every block and you’d end up needing to redownload the whole game even if it’s only a few Kb of changed code.

harmny

Banned
He probably doesn’t need to. CDPR do though but if CP2077 is the best they can do, what does that say about them?

You are taking about the company that made neogaf's game of the generation. What does that say about them?

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
You are taking about the company that made neogaf's game of the generation. What does that say about them?
Underestimated the effort and complexity of their latest masterpiece, got tons of bugs during the integration testing/final stretch of the game development phase... and tried to deceive reviewers and consumers, banked on the popularity of Witcher 3 and the loud fans to suppress negative word of mouth until they had time to fix the worst issues, and almost got away with it?

Last edited:

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Honestly, I think everyone said their share already regarding what they think about CDPR / CP77 / the launch / the PR debacle / performance and all that. It's been half a year of this. Whether or not you're fine with it, your PC can handle the game, you think they're greedy bastards, and so on and so forth -- it's just not worthwhile to chew all this back-and-forth up again.

It's worthwhile reading what you think about this patch, however.

I'm done with the game myself, and I'll look at it again once DLC is out. I'm sure there'll be more patches down the road before that happens though.

On PS4 it was happening to SOME PS4 users, and was fixed with a patch a week later?.
Its not the same situation and you know it. Almost all games launch with problems these days, nowhere close to the problems with Cyberpunk though. And whats this got to do with CDPR being classless cunts anyway?.
They are NOT your buddy, as proven by their awful behaviour with Cyberclunk, so dont blindly defend them.
Don't even bother mate. Look at his post history. He's got the Cybercock lodged firmly up his arse from day 1. Been hard shilling for this game and developer.

Been spewing nonsense about this game being great on console. Dude is in fantasy land. Makes you wonder what drugs he's on.

mitchman

Gold Member
As I see it, if you go looking for bugs, you will still find plenty of them. If you just want to enjoy a great game, despite bugs, CP2077 still delivers. Not much has changed there for me.

Stuart360

Then you must have a 10 month memory because Anthem was totally messed up at release. Still is, actually.
On PC?, in what way?. And even if it was, it was nowhere close to the problems with Cyberpunk, in fact no game has come close. Just look at the patch notes for this patch, have you ever seen anything like it?, because i havent.

Top Bottom