• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyborg Cast for Man of Steel Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Well in addition to Batman and Wonder Woman, it seems like Cyborg will be joining Superman in the sun.

rayfisher.jpg

After testing actors over the past couple weeks, Warner Bros. and D.C. have tapped theater actor Ray Fisher for the role of Cyborg in the untitled Batman-Superman pic.

Cyborg, while not a major part in the Batman-Superman feature, is a member of the Justice League and will become a much more significant role as Warner and D.C. develop more films related to the Justice League universe, sources confirm.

tn-500_fetchclaywm01114857.jpg

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/batman-superman-cyborg-ray-fisher-1201163390/

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
Good. One thing this film definitely needs is more characters.

The part of me thinking that DC are rushing the building of their cinematic universe to the detriment of the movies within is battling with the part of me REALLY excited to see Cyborg on screen.

Conflicted.

Avengers.

Avengers had 5 movies to introduce the main players of the cast and get the origins out of the way. Superman vs. Batman had one, and will have a metric tonne of heroes jammed in with no previous context.

Dany

Banned
All comic book movies are bloated because the characters are superficial, that's why there is a lot of heros.

Loxley

It's very likely the character will have a small cameo at this point, I can't imagine he'll play a major role.

Dram

Is the Flash still going to be in the movie or did they change their mind because of the Flash tv show?

Alienous

What the fuck do they think they're making?

I'm bracing for another decade long film franchise slumber. They're going to set themselves back by years with their enthusiasm.

Penguin

Pretty sure this is just planting the seeds for the Justice League sequel.

Announcement even says he will have a small role in this film.

I mean would explain the football scene they filmed...

Wazzy

Banned
I get the feeling this movie will be a mess however these castings could just be for minor parts as a way to introduce the characters.

Still, I really wish they hadn't started Supermans sequel with Batman.

Alienous

I get the feeling this movie will be a mess however these castings could just be for minor parts as a way to introduce the characters.

Still, I really wish they hadn't started Supermans sequel with Batman.

No, you don't understand.

Everyone must Avengers now.

Slayven

Can we get some minority superheroes on screen that aren't cyborgs? Love War Machine, Deathlok. and Falcon, But Lets step out the box.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I wonder how much screen time characters besides Superman and Batman are going to actually have. Is the movie going to be SM vs BM, then together vs bad guy, then they bring the others into the fold near the end in the hopes of forming the Justice League. At which point they split everyone off to single or combined films, then we get a proper Justice League film for a big bad?
So, what Marvel did but the other way around.

Or are they just going to go crazy and they all end up mains characters in this film, as possibly bloating it with characters some people won't really know that well.

Enthus

Bad news is this movie will be bloated, good news is that DC probably won't replace Hal Jordan with boring John Stewart for the team roster now. DC will also be beating Marvel in team diversity!

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
LOL to anyone thinking he's going to be Cyborg in this movie. It'll be nothing more than a glorified cameo at S.T.A.R. Labs or something.

strobogo

Banned
I'd love for Batman to not get an origin story and just exist in the world. Everyone knows the origin story. It'd been done in every medium. Everyone knows it. People who have never read a comic know Batman's origin story.

Penguin

Updated the OP to include the quote about him not playing a major role in this film.

Again, seems like trying to build universe, and really Cyborg can be included without being in too much of the movie.

1)Football scene
2)At STAR Labs
3)Works at LexCorp

Good news.

The more info we get, the better.

Having this many people casted can only mean that they're planting seeds in this movie. While I'd love an all out Justice League movie, I think its safe to say that while MoS was the beginning of whatever this DC Universe is gonna be, it'll be this movie that actually begins to set everything up.

Please be 3 hours long.

MisterHero

this movie is gonna be horse shit

bale and nolan are gonna watch this and chuckle

batman begins wont ever be topped
Keaton and Adam West both have better movies than Baleman.
semi-kidding

So this is what playing catch up looks like. It kind of sucks what Avengers did to these movies though.

Shit post.
They've been trying to make Superman/Batman/Justice League since the 90s. Avengers definitely lit a fire under DC's ass though.

Hopefully David Ogden Stiers can still play Martian Manhunter

Has anyone checked to see if there have been any hints dropped at this being a trilogy Superman vs Batman movie? Cause they're casting like they have 6 hours of movie to fill here...

Alienous

I can't wait until the scene where Batman takes his submarine that Cyborg helps him build for a test drive and waves at Aquaman who he sees swimming by.

"See you again in the next film" they'll say, while chuckling.

This movie will be filth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom